Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I am 24 and never went to college because I pursued a music career after high school that after a few years didn't pan out. Now I am going back to school for web development and I am really excited. Just had my first day and it was surreal being in a classroom again. All in all though I enjoyed it and can't wait to slay this semester and snipe a 4.0 because now that I'm not 18 I actually give a gently caress. I'm just really happy so I thought I'd share with you goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I'm doing 2 years at a community college for the credits because financially it is much less expensive than a state school. After I have the credits I'll be transferring and finishing my last 2 years at a state school.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Profondo Rosso posted:

transfer to amherst as all the other state schools are trash

I was probably going to go to Worcester State because I'll be living in Worcester and it is easier. And I am not interested in partying so who cares.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Incomplete Fish posted:

"Web development" is something the neighbor kid down the block does for a pittance to pay for drugs or whatever. You will make less money going down this path than you would had you stuck to music. There aren't even many jobs for Front End Developers these days because its literally a skill anybody can teach themselves in like 9 months to a year by reading books and asking questions. That major/degree path is next to useless.

I am going for backend development / computer science. Web Design would be front end.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

extra stout posted:

hey windows you always assume im trolling and dont answer but im genuinely curious are you still legally able to get federal or state grants for college due to your legal history

Because I was not found guilty on any of the charges against me. So I've never been convicted of anything. So I can get grants and in fact did.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Prorat posted:

Your music career didnt pan out? Shocking!

Actually we were signed to a major label, toured, sold 120,000ish songs/albums, and played large shows. The reason it didn't pan out is inter-band drama. I get the feeling you think I am a poo poo musician.

Anyway, I don't have the exact course program in front of me but it's a heavy comp-sci web dev program. I made sure it wasn't sketchy garbage before enrolling in it. COMPUUUUTERRRRSSS

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I am actually a 1000 year old wizard :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Nooner posted:

Make sure you leave your door open!!

My back door?