Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
their music is boring poo poo imo. cant stand it. can i get a high-five?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
same op , what the HECK is up with them

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I think they're OK

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Five Low!

*too slow*

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
they're okay.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008
the beatles hate you.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
They're pretty decent pop-rock. They're not The Velvet Underground or anything.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
The Beach Boys are far superior

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

They're pretty decent pop-rock. They're not The Velvet Underground or anything.

the velvet underground are okay too.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
beatmor was always destined to be the bigger band. too bad about the incident :(

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I think the Beatles are okay in some songs, not good in others.

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
hmmmm it's unanimous

nobody gives a gently caress about the beatles

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
start with some rock and roll, now take off the edge, now mix in some 1910s music hall. oh yeah, that's the stuff baby

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I like Magical Mystery Tour and The White Album. There are some good songs sprinkled through the rest of their discography but most of it doesn't appeal to me.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

start with some rock and roll, now take off the edge, now mix in some 1910s music hall. oh yeah, that's the stuff baby

lol

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i like how the beatles all merge together to form that giant guitar playing robot when they're in trouble

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I like them just fine but from all the way over here in 2015 it's hard to see what made everybody so crazy about them.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I like them just fine but from all the way over here in 2015 it's hard to see what made everybody so crazy about them.
duh, they were cute

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

AKA Pseudonym posted:

yeah. they will say the same thing about ke$ha in 2040

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

AKA Pseudonym posted:

so what, they're like, some british guys who play a guitar? whatever man, i play a guitar. and i listend to them once and i was like "did i get transported back in time" becuz of how lame they were. now cruciamentum now that is aband that is not lame like the BUTT-ALLS and will defintley stand the test of time! here let me go find a dozen links to their stuff so i can show youg guy how good they are!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
same

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbcHG7lL_T4

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Music, as a whole, is dumb.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
they suck op

4 more 3 more or whatever bullets

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
they didn't even spell beetles right i mean come on

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Easily one of the most overplayed bands of all time.
Talented musicians, yes, but overplayed as gently caress.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AKA Pseudonym posted:

~ladyboners~

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

bobthedinosaur posted:

Easily one of the most overplayed bands of all time.
Talented musicians, yes, but overplayed as gently caress.

my cousin is like unhealthy levels of obsessed with the beatles, she constantly posts about them on facebook and she went to england literally just to visit beatles attractions

she was also homeschooled but she's really smart (as in she was a university sophomore at 16) but like really hard to socialize with ever

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
The Beatles suck dick

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Never understood the fuss about Sinatra either tbh. He never wrote a song & brought nothing stylistically to the jazz genre that wasn't already there

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Gazpacho posted:

Never understood the fuss about Sinatra either tbh. He never wrote a song & brought nothing stylistically to the jazz genre that wasn't already there

He had a nice voice.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

sgt peppers is a god tier album

the abbey road medley is also loving awesome

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'd rather listen to them than the Beach Boys.

Dad told me once that there are two types of people in this world; Elvis fans and Beatles fans.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
They didn't write enough songs about pussy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far cock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far cock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

if we have to expand the definition of marriage, why only expand it to homosexuals? Why is marriage limited to two people? why can't i marry six women at the same time? why can't you have marriage between two men and three women? Why are there age limits? why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old? Helen of Troy was 12. Juliet and Cleopatra were still teenagers when they became famous. Most heroines of classic novels and poems were underage by today's laws. Medical studies show that the best age for a woman to have children is between 15 and 25 (lowest chances of miscarriage, of birth defects and, last but not least, of the woman dying while giving birth); while the worst age is after the mid 30s. And the younger you are, the more likely you are to cement a real friendship with your children; the older you are, the more likely that the "generational gap" will hurt your children's psychology. Therefore it is much more natural to have a child at 16 than at 40.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Louis Armstrong: talented, super influential, but also more myth than reality. Ask an Armstrong "fan" to list his 3 best songs. If he includes "what a wonderful world" congratulate him on his stupidity

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

DeadBlack posted:

if we have to expand the definition of marriage, why only expand it to homosexuals? Why is marriage limited to two people? why can't i marry six women at the same time? why can't you have marriage between two men and three women? Why are there age limits? why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old? Helen of Troy was 12. Juliet and Cleopatra were still teenagers when they became famous. Most heroines of classic novels and poems were underage by today's laws. Medical studies show that the best age for a woman to have children is between 15 and 25 (lowest chances of miscarriage, of birth defects and, last but not least, of the woman dying while giving birth); while the worst age is after the mid 30s. And the younger you are, the more likely you are to cement a real friendship with your children; the older you are, the more likely that the "generational gap" will hurt your children's psychology. Therefore it is much more natural to have a child at 16 than at 40.

We were talking about this with a friend earlier: WHY ARE WHITE PEOPLE SO ANGRY AT BLACKS?
and we came up with this answer: they're jealous!
Let's see why:
• 1) We got awesome resistance against the sun. Enjoy being burned.
• 2) We are more fit, we can outrun any white male anytime. even CHUCK NORIS?!?
• 3) We got bigger dicks.
• 4) Girls dig us better.
• 5) We have very wide social circles. White people have forgot how to live in society.
• 6) We got rhythm. We can dance, rap, sing, make music, you name it!
• 7) A black chick wouldn't date a white boy. On the other hand, white girls would drop their white boyfriend anytime for a black guy if given the chance.
• 8) We're simply cooler. Admit it, maybe it wasn't the case some 200 years ago, but nowadays being white sucks whereas being black is cool as hell.
• 9) We got a sense of what family is about.
• 10) We get MANY children so that our genes will last long on this motherfucking earth, not like your average pathetic two children.
• 11) If you don't die a virgin, and happen to get a daughter...chances are she'll be sucking and swallowing black dicks :)
I could be going on and on and on but you get the point by now.
Enjoy being white, sucker :)

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Freddy and the Dreamers were better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUqjuAUus5Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

If you like Sgt. Pepper, you should check out The Rascals' Once Upon a Dream.

• Locked thread