Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gato
Feb 1, 2012

It’s the last week of September; you’ve had a month to lose those French Riviera tans and settle back into the rhythm of life at the country’s most prestigious school. Over the last week an almost palpable pulse of excitement has been building, for the Foundation Ball is on Saturday. A grand old tradition that is neither especially old nor very traditional, the Ball probably owes more to American proms than to anything else. The school establishment would deny this vigorously if you asked them, and they have even gone so far as to ban students from publically asking each other out to the Ball, in order to promote an ‘inclusive and comfortable environment’. In the end, all you really need to know is that in 3 days’ time there will be an almighty piss-up in black tie. The word that seems to be thrown around most is ‘messy’.

--

But of course from your immediate perspective that probably seems a long way away. It is Thursday morning and you are trudging back up the stairs toward your rooms, having just returned to the house after 15 long minutes of shivering in your pyjamas and dressing gowns outside the building. As sixth formers, you are spared the indignity of the daily 8am roll-call – you can wake up whenever you want as long as you make it to lessons by 9. You are not, however, spared the indignity of being driven from your beds at a quarter to 8 by the fire alarm when some idiot in the year below forgets how to make toast.

Fiona: So, hypothetically speaking, if some sixth formers had snuck out last night to get wasted al fresco, would you have been one of them? Who would have been organising this hypothetical gathering? What uncharitable remark does Mark make as you head back into the house?

Ash: So who made it very clear to you that you weren’t invited to the party of sorts that was meant to happen last night? How did you take that? What rather inappropriate observation does Geoff share with you on the way back upstairs?

Lise: :siren:Crisis time!:siren: You probably didn’t get much sleep last night. Your phone went off at half 2, summoning you to the sick bay. When you got there, you found your sort-of sister Constance curled up on a cot under the nurse’s watchful eye, covered in mud, vomit and dried blood from a cut on her scalp. “Proper bloody party they must’ve been having out there,” the nurse told you. “Looks like they left her high and dry.” Unfortunately, Constance was too drunk and exhausted to tell you anything useful. How does this compare to her previous indiscretions? What are you going to do about it? How has the fire alarm affected your morning routine?

Alex: Teresa looks worryingly cheerful this morning. What did she say while you were outside that’s put your guard up? You notice Lise looks a bit preoccupied - have you spoken to her since you asked her out?

Sorne: Somebody came a-knocking at your door last night – who was it, and what did they want help with? Do you think they left satisfied? What’s got the snakes acting up this morning? You start with the condition Overbearing.

Alexandra: when you made your way downstairs just now you found Cedric in a study room, his head hovering inches away from his keyboard. “I just can’t get my head round this stupid poem,” he told you. Do you approve of him burning the midnight oil like this? English isn’t really your thing, is it – who do you think might be able to help him?

Tim : You and Emma managed to get some time to yourselves yesterday evening. What did you say that ended up making the whole thing awkward? How are you planning to get back in her good books?

Emma: So hanging out with Tim yesterday didn’t work out as planned, did it? Who made an unexpected appearance in your wolf dreams last night? Who seems a little on edge this morning?

MC Highlights:
Fiona highlight Cold
Ash highlight Volatile
Lise highlight Dark
Alex highlight Hot
Sorne highlight Hot
Alexandra highlight Dark
Tim highlight Cold
Emma highlight Volatile

Please put your character sheet in your first post.

String sheet
NPC list
OOC thread

Have fun, everyone! Remember: communicate with your fellow players, let us know if you can't post for any reason, don't be a creep.

PS: One last personal request! If you're going to gaze into the abyss, please don't just have your PC space out for a few seconds. I feel like that sort of detracts from the whole idea of 'the abyss' and it makes it too easy to get information with minimal penalty. If your character does just get lost in thought, expect to have some NPCs drop by to laugh at them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile 1 Dark: -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

Well things could have gone better yesterday I'd admit. Things had been going great at first as well. He'd obviously worked up the courage to make his move and leaned in to kiss me. Result! Or it would have been. If it hadn't been for the fact i'd smelled perfume on his collar. Perfume that certainly wasn't mine. He'd tried to give me some lame explanation for how it could have happened but I for one wasn't listening. I couldn't believe he had someone else on the side. Had he just been toying with me the whole time. Playing with me. Well when i found out who it was I was going to hurt them. They'd be taking a trip to the infirmary before too long.

And Tim wouldn't be too far behind the mysterious her as well. If he didn't buck his ideas up. I mean seriously. Who has two girls on the go at the same time. I mean he's cute but I didn't think he was that kind of guy. Shows what I know. Ugh just when I thought I'd met the perfect guy someone who didn't care about me being "famous" and this is what happens. I think some days I'm cursed. The drat dreams don't help either. I was chasing someone I'm not sure who when Alexandra appeared out nowhere with what looked like a leash and collar that she placed around my neck. I remember she said something about I need to be controlled. Wait... I mean no not like that. I don't go in for that sort of thing. Especially not with a girl. Get your mind out of the gutter. Took me a while to get back to sleep after that and then this bloody fire alarm.

Still it looks like I'm not the only one who's had a bad night. Geoffrey over there looks a little green around the gills and embarrassed. I heard there was a party last night. But I didn't go along. I had work to do and after the snit with Tim I wasn't in the mood to go on my own anyway. Still judging by the way Jess's eyes slit in the sun she had so maybe I could get some of the gory details off of her. I drifted over to her as we wandered back inside. "So what's Geoff's problem, looks like he's had an interesting night. Spill"

[22:58] Ferrosol Manipulating Jess
[22:58] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:58] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9
What do I have to do to get her to dish the juicy gossip.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 10, 2015

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 0
Harm: OOOO | EXP: OOOOO | Conditions: X

Disgusting. I should be shattering light bulbs in the proximity, with my current emotional state; as is, I'm only making one or two rattle.

Two in the morning, and I wake up to see Constance in ruins -- worse than almost anything that's happened to her before, because at least the rest involved relative lucidity. Sure, there were incidents with liquor -- homebrewed in ancient glass bottles -- but she came out of that, at least, with no injuries besides reprimands. The matches were worse, but at least that was confined to her room, and it didn't end up seriously harming her anyway -- a "psychic shield" or something similar. This -- this wasn't just her fault, or the fault of her programming. Someone made a conscious decision to "leave her high and dry."

So I'm going to figure out the culprits, collect names and locations, and then fry what little grey matter they possess like eggs report them to administration, with appropriate documentation to prove their role in the serious harm they did to my sister. Maybe enlist the temperance league, too -- wouldn't they be just outraged at the treatment of a student in need? Set them up and let them fire away.

As for the fire alarm... my heart is currently beating at an uncomfortably accelerated pace, which is the first sign that I'm neglecting my duties. I'm supposed to be working on revisions right now -- it's an optional extra-credit assignment, a sort of buffer for future work that I might have to miss... and yet it's still tearing me apart, effectively and viciously. Like I said, disgusting.

(!! and, let's be frank, if it weren't for the lightning running through my psyche, i'd most likely be asleep by now; when today ends, please just let me get some god-damned shut eye for once !!)

In any case, it'd seem that my best course of action would be to find someone who attended -- and through them, the others. Fiona is a safe bet -- I pick her out from the line and drop back so I'm next to her. "Had a nice evening out, Fiona?"

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 10, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 0/5 | Conditions:

Last night didn't go super well. I just wanted to relax cuddle with Emma. She caught a whiff of another girl's perfume and got upset. The situation is thus, the drama club and me were practicing a romance script I suggested. Jessica and I were practicing the 'post-fight make-up' scene. Things got a little heated as they always do with 5 star actors and actresses. It's was the passion of the scene. It didn't mean anything. The script called for it.

I didn't tell her anything. I said that some of these girls pour it on and it couldn't be avoided. It was a crap lie but I was caught off-guard. I couldn't smell it. That scene was far from the last thing we worked on and I jogged back to the dorm. I could feel the anger as she stormed off. I barely had time to say sorry. Even if I did nothing wrong. We might have to scrap that script if I want to keep close to Emma.

I have to say sorry at the very least. Maybe get her some chocolates and flowers when I have time. Would it be the truth to say nothing happened? At dinner, I'll walk up to her and apologize. I'll tell her that I'm sorry for betraying her trust or something of the like. I can't say it was an accident because I know what happens in the movies when they do. I'll be a man and take the hit to my pride. I hope. I'll know what to say in the moment, these hypothetical just make me anxious.

I slink next to Ash who seems unusually bright-eyed. He smells nice, I wonder if I could borrow the deodorant in case Jessica throws herself at me again. "Hey Ash," My voice groans out. He was in the audience for our little show. I fully expect mocking. I force myself to perk up, "How are you?"
-

quote:

Name: Timothy Park
Skin: The Mortal
Look: Beautiful with Human eyes
Origin: New Kid in Town

Stats: Hot 2 3, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1

Moves:
True Love - You always have exactly one lover. The first is chosen during your backstory.
If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new lover.
You always carry 1 forward to earning your lover’s heart or fancy.
Lover: Emma Westerhall

Entrenched - If you and another character have a total of 5 or more Strings on one another, gain 1 to all rolls against them.

Sympathy is My Weapon - Every time you forgive someone for hurting you, and excuse their base nature, take a String on them.

+1 Hot

Backstory
The Mortal always declares their backstory last.
Declare one person to be your lover.
Give them three Strings on you.
Take one String on them.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 22, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: 1 Cold: 0 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions:

Oh dear, oh dear. The ball on saturday. And if the rumors of last night are anything to go by, people are feeling rather self-indulgent this year. I suppose exams are far enough away that nobody seems to have any worry about study. I was not made aware of the 'festivities' last night, which surprises exactly nobody. Regardless, I don't mind the fire alarm too much. I'm a fair bit of a morning person, and I haven't been to any wild parties yesterday. But I'm preparing for the ball. Mostly, trying to keep the damage to the study body's brains limited. I've gotten some volunteers from the study group to remain fully sober, keep an eye on the punch bowl for 'hilarious pranks', keep some vigils in the bathrooms and generally prevent anything which 'can inflict damage upon the good name of this institution'. It should be a day for class and refinement. This place is supposed to be for the elites. Let's act like it, and not like bone-headed frat boys.

Coming down, I find one of my group has not been sleeping, though not partying either. "A good night's sleep can do wonders for that, Cedric." I say. "You look like you've been up all night. All things in moderation. You won't be getting far at all if you spend the whole day bone tired." I look over his shoulder at the poem he's reading. Briefly, I wonder what language it is, before I recognize a few words. "Huh... I'll be candid here., Cedric, I know what about half of these words mean." I ponder. "Have you asked Sorne for help? Perhaps helping you might convince her that she could do a lot of good things assisting with the Study Group." And perhaps join the 'Study Group Organization' is left unsaid. With Alexander and Lise keeping their distance, the new girl seemed the most promising one.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions:

Geoff? The boy's barely got room for people walking past him in the stairs, so when he starts talking about Sorne like he's got a bloody chance with her, and I don't even try not to laugh. Like, let's put aside all the obvious issues like him being out of shape and nearly see-through, he's also just a pushover. Sorne's got that weird vibe, so hell, she might be into having a fat bitch-boy, but it's definitely not going the way he detailed it in the stairs. The only taking off of feet there's going to be there is if Geoff trips or Sorne slaps him.

What's with the questions, anyways? Sometimes parties just don't need me. I mean, it's probably more that I fed someone what they thought was bad mushrooms at some point, but I warned the bint that they weren't normal mushrooms. But she took it all personally because she thought I was just giving out some flowery words when I meant they basically game from some sort of rock monster's arse. Not my fault they tasted like poo poo and that they had some weird poo poo happen. But yeah, whats'erface, Chelsea, she's pretty much talking poo poo about me whenever she can. Should go away in a few days, but it is what it is. You don't play this kind of game if you want everyone to like you. As long as you got enough respect with enough people, right? Unluckily for Tom-boy, he's gonna be where I'm putting a lot of my venting. Luckily for him, I just want to make him squirm.

"Hey Tom, how's the face? Jess seems to be real keen on it. Can't blame her, you look like you're in a boy-band and all." I say with what seems like a complimentary tone, while giving him a closer look. "You smellin' something? Someone cooking?" I know people are big on their personal space and all, but it won't hurt to shove myself into Tom's. Oh, cute little Tom.

[04:34.57] <thelazyblank> Turn on Tim
[04:35.00] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[04:35.02] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+2 = 9
Promise/self/string? XP for Hot.

"Don't smell anything. You okay? I mean, both from that look on the face and I heard you and Emma's maybe got a thing or whatever?" Just blush or something, turn this day right around.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 11, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold. +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: None

Huh? What? Sorry, still not quite right in the head. Give us a minute...

Uh, I mean - yeah. I suppose such if a thing happened, I'd be there. And if it happened, it would have been on Khalid's invitation. Not one of our usual "hosts" but I heard that he's looking to impress that Emma girl from down the hall. You know, be the big man with the booze and the friends. But the joke's on him, as I don't remember seeing her. And I remember most of last night. I think. Let's head in, yeah? All this standing around...

Mark posted:

Well, if it isn't Fiona. All I smell is booze and sweat, and not the smoking ruins of a relationship - so is it safe to say you struck out last night?

I don't know who I want to beat more - Lidia for basically shouting what happened a week ago from the hilltops, or this smug, self-righteous maggot. I'm not keen to ignore him, but giving him a good kicking would be problematic, given that the fire drill has everyone out. And who's this, now?

Lise posted:

"Had a nice evening out, Fiona?"

"Wasn't bad. Uh... good morning?"

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 2, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 1/5 | Conditions:

Don't know if the name thing was on purpose but I was expecting the taunting. I was not expecting him to do . . . that. I reflexively smile as he invades my personal space. Yeah, just put your face in front of mine. You just do that. My cheeks are burning. I can't deal with this so early in the morning. "It's Tim. My name is Tim. You must be out of it." I lean against my door, keeping my eyes on him. I take a deep breath and draw on some fake bravado. "Ash, any closer and I think you have to buy me dinner. If you can find me a decent Mexican place . . ." I wink and linger for a moment.
-
Giving Ash a String

Turn on Ashley:
[22:26] BClip !r 2d6+3 (+1 from Entrenched)
[22:26] Krysmbot BClip, 6+3 = 9

Well Ash, String/Promise/Give? XP for hot.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 11, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Emma: Jess blinks and stifles a yawn, which turns into a grin as you question her. "Oh, Geoff? Let's just say he was up all night to get lucky... I'll let you guess how that went. I mean, I could tell you... but I'd much rather hear about you and Mister Timothy Park." She says his name in a terrible approximation of his American accent. "Seriously, you ok?"
She'll tell you all about last night, if you tell her what happened between you and Tim.

Alexandra: Cedric blushes. "Yes, I thought about asking Sorne, I even went upstairs to see if she was up, but I think she had a caller of her own." He smiles ruefully. "I was going to leave it at that and go to bed, but then there was this whole business with the party... by the time that was done, I thought I might as well stay up and push through." He stands up and stretches. "It's a shame the nurse won't report them, it's just plain inconsiderate keeping everyone else up like this... " Do you know what he's talking about? What do you do?

Also, Tim and Ash if you could come up with a different name for Jessica the drama club member that'd be great or this is going to get confusing.

Gato fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 11, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions:

"Hmm... a caller on her. Could be troublesome. A romantic kind of caller?" That'd be troublesome. Unless her liaison happens to also be a fitting target for implantation, we'd have to break them up, and that is always quite risky. Of course ,the rest of his words soon nix that. "The nurse? " Knowing Cedric, he wouldn't be complaining about being kept up if someone was severely injured, but this is still a matter of concern. "Oh, for pity's sake, what happened? Did Fiona have one of her 'watch this' moments? She'll get someone killed at some point."

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?

Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Overbearing

While I am currently freezing my bits off out here thanks to someone's little accident, my mind is on another admittedly perplexing matter. Last night I got an interesting little visit from Cutler Hollingsworth. Yes, that Cutler Hollingsworth. The one whose father's company has been near the very top of the Fortune 500 list for years now. I only know this because Mr. Hollingsworth is an avid rival of my own father, and makes no attempts to hide how much it burns him up that my father's company constantly outranks his. Despite this however Cutler has never seemed to be too interested in petty squabbles like that. Oh, yes, I've met him before coming to Finisterre. Did I mention that? Nothing too substantial -- just brief, fleeting encounters at various galas. He's always been the courteous sort, flashing smiles and exchanging pleasantries with everyone despite their station. I suppose that's what has always appealed to me about him. More of the privileged few in his position could learn a thing or two in humility if you ask me.

But anyway, coming back to the visit in question, he just shows up out of the blue looking all broody and disheveled. His eyes were bloodshot like he hadn't slept in days, his typically pristine golden locks were all tousled to hell and back, and he had the kind of stubble that comes out when a good shave has been neglected. Clad in a tight-fitting black wifebeater, gray sweatpants, and dirty looking trainers he definitely fit the picture of someone crashing from a drug high if you ask me. And at first I thought that was exactly what was going on. He was oddly coherent, though. Too much so for it to be anything like that I realized. I let him in when he asked, shutting the door tightly behind him once he shuffled in. From there we took a seat on the bed and talked. Well, I didn't do much talking at first, since he sort of just started spilling everything with zero prompting on my part. He talked about his father and coach getting on his case about an upcoming boxing tournament he just had to win, and how that pressure has changed him greatly. I was quite inclined to agree, especially from the latest rumors floating around campus about his increased aggression and bulkier physique -- the latter of which I was seeing for myself. Although I was hesitant to breach the subject I did have to ask if he was taking performance-enhancing drugs to give himself an "edge". That sort of set him off as I imagined it would, and all I could do was wince as he stood up, clenched his fists, and went red in the face as he vehemently denied the accusation. I apologized immediately of course, which seemed to quell things, but after that he didn't seem too inclined to share much more with me and quickly took his leave with an uttered apology of his own for showing up at the current hour.

Sigh. Oh Cutler, what have you gotten yourself into?

And as if that late night encounter isn't troubling enough, the snakes are particularly riled up this morning. They hiss and spit audibly enough to force a frown onto my face. Oh bother, are they really that upset about Geoffrey Blount? What he tried couldn't even be considered a "come on". I felt a bit embarrassed for him in all honesty. He isn't entirely bad looking even if he's a bit overweight. I've never personally put much stock into what could be considered an ideal body type. It's personality that counts in the end. A person is much more attractive to me if they aren't a complete tosser. The snakes, however, do not seem to agree with that conjecture, and anyone deemed to be getting way too close absolutely incensed them. Ugh! How utterly draining!

Well, if I'm going to be out here with everyone else for awhile, I might as well find someone to chat with. I scan the crowd and it doesn't take me long to pick out a familiar and friendly face. "Alexander." I say in greeting as I approach him, eyes averted just enough to not meet his own of course. Already been down that road; no need to travel it again. "I do hope you take this as a cautionary tale when it comes to making toast early in the AM!" I chuckle, trying to make the best out of this ordeal.

Zomg fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 11, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2x Cold: -1 Volatile 1 Dark: -1
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

Well it'd be good to have a sympathetic ear. "It was all going so well" I whispered conspiratorially to her. "He'd finally made his first move." She interjected "Nice!" I shook my head. "we'd worked up to a bit of cuddling. when he leaned in to kiss me." "Go on." "Which would have been great except--" "except what don't keep me in suspense." he stank of someone else's perfume. "Wow no way," she gasped. "Yeah he said there was a perfectly good explanation for it. But I wasn't buying it and just walked away." She pondered that for a moment and said "so what now." I thought for a long moment myself "I don't know do you think I was a bit too harsh on him? I mean did I overreact? I don't even have any idea who's scent it was. He's really cute as well and he's a real Hollywood actor. he's even got the actor's guild card and everything. so I don't want to throw this away over nothing. But I'm not sure what to do now."

It felt good to have a friend to talk to again. I mean Alexandra was there, But for some reason I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about this sort of thing with her. She'd probably just tell me to ignore him and buckle down and study anyway. After a rocky start that's what Jess felt like. A friend not just someone interested in me for my new found notoriety. But an actual friend.

"So your turn what happened with Geoff." I asked. " I want all the gory details."

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot -1 Cold 0 Vol 1 Dark 1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

Couldn't possibly be a more fantastic morning. The imbecile with the toaster was bad enough, but frankly I'd rather wait out here in the cold for an hour if it meant Teresa didn't come up to me with her cheshire grin, to say "I know your secret; let the games begin." That set off... at least two different alarms in my head. Does she know my secret weakness? One of the secret relationships I have? Is it just a bluff? No matter what, it has me a little rattled, and to top it all off, she hinted that she's at least preparing to move against me soon. Fantastic. I rub at my eyes and the bridge of my nose with index finger and thumb, less to wake myself up, more just to disguise my irritation.

Perhaps she found out about Lise? I... thought I'd been careful - I haven't even spoken to her in public about our plan, only through text and e-mail. But before I can torture myself with more hypotheticals over what Teresa meant, Sorne just walks up to say hello. "Oh, believe me - if I ever felt like that before, I certainly don't now. No amount of warm buttered toast is worth having to deal with this every few months." I roll my eyes, though... she probably can't see that, since she's not making eye contact. "I see it didn't affect your beauty sleep at all, given how... chipper you are right now, eh?"

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1, Dark 0
Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 0/5 | Conditions: x

Fiona posted:

"Wasn't bad. Uh... good morning?"

"If you say so," I say. "A little exhausting. The morning, that is." It's absolutely been, so far, and frankly I'd like to start screaming, but that's an... imperfect option. "Do you remember seeing my sister at all, recently? Constance? Short, dye-blonde, sharp-featured, most likely drinking?" (Like a knife with eyes, she says. Constance says that kind of thing, possibly to spite me.) "I don't run in the same... circles, so I am a little at a loss."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold. +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: None

"Aren't they all?"

quote:

"Do you remember seeing my sister at all, recently? Constance? Short, dye-blonde, sharp-featured, most likely drinking?"
"I don't run in the same... circles, so I am a little at a loss."

Her sister? I'm not going to lie - I wasn't really paying attention. But she wouldn't have asked me today if she wasn't worried about something happening last night in particular, so...

"Is she an underclassmen? Most of the people there last night were in our year. I mean, it's not as though there were formal invitations, so she might have been there. Just showed up, you know? Why?"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Well, don't think there's any around here. Probably can pull a few strings though." I'm not usually one to make promises, but I don't have to worry about it so much. There's a lot of ways of getting food through Faerie or even just finding someone with a more Spanish or Mexican background. The foods similar enough.. "Holding you to that, Tim."

Promises to get Timothy some good Mexican food somehow.

"So, outside of blushing like a berry when I asked you about Emma, how are things? I did have a bit of a rough night, you probably don't want to know the details. Better for both of us. We're going to hopefully be putting something on soon for Drama Club. I know you've probably got your eyes on it, given the whole super actor thing you've got going." I can't lie, he's actually pretty good at this whole acting thing when he puts his mind to it. Part of me wants to give him all sorts of trouble in actually getting into the play, but then we won't be able to put on the best show possible. Kinda like to be proud of what we do.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I laugh when he says he'll get me Mexican food. "Good luck with that. You'd definitely get some sort of reward for it." Is he gay? I can never tell if he's playing or not.

I sigh after he mentions the play, "My night was a little rough but I'm holding up. And thanks for the compliment." I rub the back of my head. I still don't know how to feel about last night. Does Jen really feel that way about me or did she get caught in the moment like I did? "About the play, we should just cut the kissing. Or maybe we can swap roles. I don't want Emma or Jen getting ideas. I don't know, what do you think?"

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 12, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I narrow my eyes a bit at Tim and his adorable little attempt to get out of intimacy scenes. "You're a pretty good actor out there, so I don't know what that was with Jen. That's acting, drama, whatever you want to call it. So's kissing. So we're not changing the scene just because you got a jealous girlfriend." I don't even know how long they've been dating, but squirming Tim is the best one I've found.

"We can have a nice sitdown with Jen and make sure that she doesn't get extra handsy, though. Don't want people getting any wrong ideas."

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Chipper? Sure, I suppose so. The snakes are anything but though they'll settle down in time. "I slept well. Probably was going to get up soon enough anyway." I was a bit of an early riser. Always had been. Some may see it as me being an overachiever. Shrug. I couldn't help it if my body operated on a much more efficient time frame than everyone else now could I? And it's served me well enough thus far. "How about you? I trust you're ready for another riveting day of academia alongside our equally eager peers?" I say as I gesture around us at the sleepy-eyed and ticked-off visages of most of our housemates. I couldn't help but inject a bit of sarcasm into things for comedic effect. It sure beat being jaded at our current predicament anyway.

...Though predictably my thoughts drift back to my late night encounter, and I'm sure Alexander can see my shift in demeanor. Well, perhaps it would do me some good to talk with someone about it? Yes that seems like a good course of action. "Say, you wouldn't happen to know Cutler Hollingsworth, would you? The boxing ace? Either way there's rumors floating about concerning certain visible changes he's undergone. And last night he showed up at my door looking terribly shaken. I can't shake the feeling that something serious is going on with him, you know?"

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

"Oh, I couldn't be readier." A quick glance down at my silk pyjamas. "Well. Perhaps a bit readier." I give her a cheeky grin at that. She's quite forward, I'm still not particularly used to someone being so... in-your-face with greetings, but I can put on a show if that's what she wants - starting with a hearty clap to the shoulder - and fingers staying there perhaps a bit longer than they should.

[2:48pm] Nown: Turn On Ovebearing Sorne
[2:48pm] Nown: !r 2d6+0
[2:48pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 6+0 = 6
[2:48pm] Nown: Spending a string to make that a 7

Marking XP for highlighted stat

"Hollingsworth? Well, that does sound suspicious. What changes have you seen in him? What can I do to help?" I leave unspoken that maybe this shouldn't be shared in public - I'm sure Sorne's clever enough to figure that out herself.

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 13, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Everyone: One way or another, you're all back upstairs. Around you your fellow students are peeling off to shower, make breakfast and put some last-minute polish on their essays. You've still got plenty of time before lessons begin at 9.

Alexandra: Cedric looks confused. "What? No, not Fiona. I mean, I don't know what she was doing, I meant the thing with the girl and - " He blinks slowly. "Sleep deprivation's a right bastard, isn't it? Please pardon my language." He looks vaguely shocked at himself, but carries on. "After I went looking for Sorne, I heard people shouting outside, so I went to tell them to keep it down. But by the time I got out there, there was only one girl left, and she was in a right state, so I ended up taking her to the nurse." He shrugs. "I don't even know her name. Anyway, after all that was done I needed to shower and... well, here I am." He stretches again and heads toward the door. "Anyway, I need to shave. Might go try Sorne again. We'll talk later?"

He heads off for his room. There was someone you needed to check in with this morning, wasn't there? What do you do?

Emma: Jess sighs. "Harsh? I don't know, maybe? I mean, yeah, the drama lot can get a bit..." She searches for the word. "... incestuous? But I'm pretty sure he's into you." She shakes her head and smiles brightly. "You should have told me, though! I'd totally have dragged you to the thing last night, it was amazing, everyone was completely wasted. Geoff was so drunk, he was falling all over Teresa - I mean, I know he fancies Sorne, but he probably couldn't even see straight. And then, Teresa, she - God, you have to see the pictures." She giggles and reaches for a non-existent clutch, only to realise she's still in pyjamas and a dressing gown. "Uh yeah, trust me, you'll want to see them."

Incestuous, huh? Turning a corner, you see Tim chatting away with Ash. What do you think of Ash, anyway? What do you do?

Alex and Sorne: Almost out of nowhere, Geoff staggers past you, looking bleary-eyed and decidedly unsteady. As he passes you, Alex, he turns his head slowly and looks you straight in the eye. "Hello, stranger," he says in an unexpectedly coy, clear voice. "Do you like my new toy?" Geoff blinks in surprise, then shakes his head furiously and wobbles sideways...

"Whoops... sorry, Sorne," he says, almost falling into you, before righting himself - but not before you smell the booze and vomit on his breath. Has he made any kind of move on you before? What do you do?

Tim: You catch sight of Emma coming around the corner. What's the plan? What is it about the way you're dressed that makes you suddenly self-conscious?

Ash: Tell me a bit about Jen, your old stooge. How likely is she to back off from Tim? Do you actually want that to happen? Emma's friend Jess catches your eye, and you see her tense up. What's up with her?

Prompts for Fiona and Lise will happen in a bit, since your conversation's going a bit slower than the others'.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

drat it, why does he have to be so convincing? "Yeah, you're right. But why make me the man under the gun?" I run my hands through my hair. "We can talk to her when we see her, she'll understand. I'm sure yesterday was just a misunderstanding or something. Girls are confusing."

I tense up as I see Emma rounding the stairs with her friend. Speak of the devils. I don't have evening wear like most of the other students. For the record, I don't like the idea. I sleep in my old clothing until I change, which I haven't gotten the chance to do. All this means that I'm still wearing my blue polo from last night. Yeah. I don't know what to do or say. I'm still wearing the drat shirt from yesterday. Does she want to talk or is she still mad? She was really mad last night.

I look at her and wave. It's not ignoring and it's not too forward.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Because you're actually brilliant at this whole acting thing. That's something not even half the drama club can say about themselves without someone else taking the piss." Plus, I know Jen will listen just enough to still make you uncomfortable, Timmy. I mean, it's not completely for my amusement, she's top shelf both in the looks and the acting, but she's always had problems with personal boundaries and people saying no. Which makes the whole thing fantastic, because the rest of the club will really enjoy the fireworks either way. Still, she's not an idiot, she'll be.. gentler about it in the future. Less mouth and tongue, more hands on arses.

"Anyways, I'll take care of Jen until we all meet up again for Drama. You just promise me this thing with Emma's not going to interfere with the club. I mean, she's fit and all, but we're talking about the rest of your life here. Rest of my life too. Is it really worth it for a nice shag? Or whatever it is you want to do with her, I have no idea what sort of kinky stuff you might be into." I shrug, also giving both girls a wave, Emma probably finding this confusing and Jessica probably is somewhere between ashamed and angry. Dunno what it was, but between my extra-curricular schooling and my.. well, non-approved extras, I have a bit of a reputation. She's got one too. Mostly that it's not quite a party unless she's there, gossiping about something. She thinks I have some sort of real issue with her, but it was just me being me. Told her I never seen that much poo poo come out of one person's hole, but I was just having a laugh, didn't mean it.

Rich bitches, always thinking they're actually important. "You want to talk with Emma without me here? Might be distracting with my boyish good looks. To her too."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Really then I guess I'll have to see them. I guess" I said with a grin. One which faded as we turned the corner and almost walked right into Tim and Ash who had some sort of private discussion going on. Ash is....interesting. For starters I'm pretty sure he deals. Not that that's a huge surprise in this school there's bound to be at least a few people with access to Daddies credit card and a desire for something to smoke suck or inject that people would spring up to supply those needs. Capitalism in action I suppose. But none of that bothered me. I've always had a more relaxed attitude to drugs than say Alexandra live and let live I suppose. I mean I wasn't planning to indulge myself last thing I want is embarrassing pictures twenty or thirty years down the line coming back to haunt my career. The other thing to notice about him is he's hot. Really freaking hot. I'd be all over him but for two reasons. Firstly Tims even hotter (though I may be biased there.), second he has a different girl or guy hanging on his every whim each week. I don't think he can even spell committed relationship let alone live one. Still was he eyeing up Tim as his next conquest? He better not be. That one's mine!

Well mine ignoring that we hadn't actually done anything yet. But you know what I mean. He waved to me as I went past and I drifted over to the two of them. Was Tim still wearing the same shirt from last night? looks like it. I couldn't smell anything from here. Still Jess was right. I had to apologise to him. It probably was some drama thing he certainly took that sort of thing more seriously than I did. I turned to him "Listen about last night... I may have overreacted a bit. I'm sorry." It was hard for me to admit it but that was about as close as I could come to an apology, "So any idea who it was who got us out of bed?" I asked just to change the subject. Then I started to yawn stretching as I did. not realising I was effectively thrusting my chest in their faces.

12:00] Ferrosol turning on Ash
[12:00] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[12:00] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
string/promise/self

12:00] Ferrosol turn on tim
[12:00] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[12:00] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10
String this time

"pardon me. I haven't woken up fully yet. I'm not really a morning person." I apologised.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 0/5 | Conditions: x

Fiona posted:

"Is she an underclassmen? Most of the people there last night were in our year. I mean, it's not as though there were formal invitations, so she might have been there. Just showed up, you know? Why?"

"There was an... incident. She's been reticent about the details, so I'm trying to figure out what happened..." I have no idea about Fiona's involvement, here, so I'm trying not to give too much away -- I do have Constance's reputation to maintain, even if she's pretty blatant about her personal issues. "Alcohol was involved, so I'm... going straight to the source, one could say." The phrasing there is poor and possibly offensive -- but I know her for a drinker. Why pretend otherwise? "People who attended the party, that is," I add, for the sake of not being overtly insulting, at least.

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Now back inside, I'm about to comment on the superb quality of Alexander's pajamas when he lays a hand on my shoulder -- and keeps it there. Oh. I feel my heart begin to race a little. This is so similar to the incident between us before, though this time I'm taking extra measures and precautions not to meet his gaze. And I'm sure he knows better too, right?

Alex gets to take a string on Sorne.

That odd moment in time thankfully passes when Geoff comes bumbling past, forcing me to take a step away so that he doesn't outright stumble into me. Unfortunately he is still close enough so that I get an unwelcome whiff of what's on his breath. My eyes narrow as the snakes hiss. "Geoff." I begin, folding my arms while doing my best to look absolutely cross, "Perhaps you should go make yourself presentable before attempting to hold a conversation like a civilized human being, hmm?"

[12:21 pm] Zomg: Shutting Down Geoff
[12:21 pm] Zomg: !r 2d6+2
[12:21 pm] Krysmbot: Zomg, 11+2 = 13

Geoff now has the condition "Sobered".

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Sorne's reaction is positively adorable, though I know I should push it too far - I mess up and she could seriously hurt me; though that's honestly part of her appeal. Then Geoff shows up, and...

That's... more than unusual. Call me paranoid, but that's no practical joke on his part. Another Peer's birthright, perhaps? Or maybe not. It's not like we're the only supernatural ones around here - Sorne is a testament to that. Geoff must have fallen afoul of someone, nevertheless - was it Teresa? The twins? I'll have to find out, but, ah... delicately. "Come on, chap - you're making a fool of yourself here. Like Sorne says, you should go make yourself presentable - we have class soon enough. You can tell me about whatever it is you want after you've had a cold shower and come to your senses, agreed?" I frame that 'question' as if he's already agreed, because of course he would have.

[2:19pm] Nown: Time for something dumb
[2:19pm] Nown: Manipulating Geoff
[2:19pm] Nown: !r 2d6-1
[2:19pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 8-1 = 7

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Well, definitely not the most polite thing to do, but when she draws her chest out like she does, I just can't help myself as I stick my face right into Emma's very ample cleavage, giving her quite the motorboat which I'm sure both she and Timmy appreciate.

Giving Self.

Well, before she tries to smother me to death with those, I pull my head out with a grin. "Sorry, long night and they're just hanging out there..Hope you're wearing a bra. Also, you two need help in the morning, I'm around." I give Emma a wink, already prepping myself for the incoming trouble from my actions. I give Jessica another wave while my face is still probably way too close to Emma's chest. Well, at least today isn't going to be boring.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold. +2. | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None

"Is that so? Listen - I don't know what happened to her, okay?"

Not my morning, it seems. They so rarely often are...

"It was Khalid's thing, and he was keeping an eye out for someone else, if you know what I mean, so maybe he would know. So there it is - you heard it right from the source. Anything else you'd like to offer advice on, since you apparently have such a vested interest in how I live my life?"

[16:59] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+2
[16:59] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 8+2 = 10
Giving her the condition "Buzzkill"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions:

My eyes narrow at that. "They left someone outside? I'm going to go to the nurse later. See if she's alright. Always the possibility of someone spiking drinks. Go and have your shave then. And make sure to get a good night sleep tonight. "

With that I'm off. Checking on Emma in particular. Yes, I am concerned about her. She's had something bad happen to her, and I can see it's still affecting her. I know it's not her Cedric found, but considering this 'wild' party, I want to make sure she's okay. Ah, and there she is with her friend Jessica, meeting with Tim Park and... oh.... Ash.

Who... what... what did he just do?

"Ash Spearing!" I call out in my most authoritative voice. Not that I expect it to work. My expression is the usual when I look at him. Pretty much like I found food that gone rotten. "Is it not a bit early in the morning to be engaging in sexual assault? For the record, Emma, I'm a witness."

Shut Down Ash: 2d6 5 mark one xp

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 13, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 2/5 | Conditions:

A pang of anger runs through me as I watch him harass my girlfriend. "What the gently caress!" I immediately start on the offensive, pushing my finger into his chest. "What the actual gently caress! Back the gently caress off!" I push him back. "Is everyone in the club this hosed in the head? I guess inbreeding will do that." I don't know if the backwards motherfucker is blue blooded but the odds are high in a place like this. If every member is hiding an attitude like him and Jen, the drama club should consider any good will gone.

I turn towards Emma, I guess she isn't mad at me. "You okay?"
-
Shut Ash Down:
[14:21] BClip_ !r 2d6 (+1 from Entrenched)
[14:21] Krysmbot BClip_, 8 = 8
+1 XP
Ash gain condition: Inbred

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 13, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

What on Earth? I don't believe it. I pushed him out of the way and well away from my chest. No way am I letting him get away with that. I am going to wipe that cocky grin off his smug face. What the gently caress does he think he's playing with here.That little inbred fucker. Then I slammed a punch hard into his groin.

[23:43] Ferrosol Punching inbred Ash
[23:43] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[23:43] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9
inflicting one harm on him. He can have a string Marking XP

I watched as he bent over double "Keep your hands to yourself or next time I'll promise you I'll rip it off." I half said half spat at him. "We'll talk later" I snarled at Tim. It wasn't his fault but right now I didn't want anything to do with any of the men. Not even him.

[23:50] Ferrosol shutting down Ash
[23:50] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:50] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3
marking XP for lure as well per word of gato
"What are you all staring at?" I said to the gathering crowd. "Shouldn't you all be getting ready for school? I said before stomping off on my own to do just that... I won't deny though that the adrenaline rush the righteous anger the fear in his eyes as he held himself. I enjoyed that. Am I sick for doing so?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 14, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Alex: Your words seem to have found their mark."Right, yeah, class... shower... good." Geoff mumbles at you, exhausted. "You're a real gent, Alex... I don't deserve... urgh." He lurches away from Sorne and tries to stand up straight. "I should... I should apologise."

Sorne: Geoff straightens up, looking chastened. "I'm sorry, Miss Jasso, I... I'm not myself this morning. I didn't mean to cause any... " He trails off as he fails to make eye contact. His pleading eyes are desperately trying to meet your averted gaze. Is this in keeping with his normal behaviour? Do you think he's being sincere? What do you do?

Alex: How much do you know about the Birthrights? Have you seen your fellow Peers use them before? You catch Geoff's eyes flickering to you nervously as his apology to Sorne dies away. He's not normally this uncomfortable, is he? What do you do?
He'll probably talk to you in private regardless, but he'd feel a lot better if you help him apologise to Sorne.

Fiona: What do you think is going on here? When was the last time Lise spoke to you? You're getting the oddest feeling behind your eyes - not quite a pain, but the sensation of there being a bit too much substance to your head. It's probably just the hangover... right?

Lise: Not exactly cooperative, is she? Do you think she's telling the whole story? At the mention of Khalid's name, you can feel cogs turning in your head - a feeling that'd be encouraging for anyone but you. What about him gets your alarm bells ringing?

Fiona and Lise: As if to lower the temperature further Mark appears, looking decidely frosty. "Fiona. Guess you weren't the only ruin last night, then. Cedric tells me someone ended up in the infirmary. Job well done, I suppose?" What do you do?

Ash, Tim, Emma, Alexandra: :munch:

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions:

She gets angry. She gets angrier a lot more often since... then. Of course, in this particular case, it's only normal. Bad enough to force yourself on any woman, but a kidnapping victim. Lowest of the low. I would see if I could try to shame him more, but honestly, I don't want to leave Emma alone right now. And I'm not quite sure this one actually has shame. "If it was up to me, there would not be an opportunity for a next time, swine. This school is no place for predators." I say with more frost in my voice.

Shut Down Inbred Ash: 2d6+1 8 Give him the condition 'Predator', he can give one to me.

With that, I follow along with Emma. I had to stay calm. Anger is just hormones and chemicals. Just distracting you from doing what's best for your friend. I silently follow her towards her room, not interrupting her until she's in her 'personal space'. Staying outside of her door I speak to her. "Can I come in, Emma? Do you want some help dealing with him? Or just talk?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

What do I think? I think her sister must have got herself hurt - or maybe caught, given the oddly couched way she's saying everything. I haven't really talked with her since move-in, when I introduced myself, and offered her one of the beers I brought with.

Now, I get hangovers - but they're shorter and less severe than most, which makes sense. But this is pretty bad. Probably the lack of sleep, in combination. Or the increasing aggravation.

quote:

"Fiona. Guess you weren't the only ruin last night, then. Cedric tells me someone ended up in the infirmary. Job well done, I suppose?"

I turn to Lise.

"Well, would you look at that? He's almost full to bursting with concern. Hey, Mark - would you like to go visit her? I can arrange a trip to the infirmary for you, if you'd like."

Shutting down Mark
[19:21] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+2
[19:21] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 6+2 = 8
I'll give him "Cowed" and await one in return.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 2, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Predator

Sexual assault? Inbred? Well, that's uncalled for. "Look, I'm just..."

And then Emma punches me right in the bits. I double over, squinting my eyes as she's talking. Well, this has clearly gone too far. Way, way too far. I take a deep breath before looking back up towards the others. "I.. misread that, didn't I? I thought she was.. yeah, might've been a bad choice." I start to back away slowly as I head back towards someplace other than this room. I finally get myself back up to a standing form. "Sorry, Timmy. Thought she was, ya know, having a laugh with her tits out..ya know, nevermind. Leaving. Get a little less clenched before you end up pulling diamonds out of your arse."

Timmy gets Clenched.

"Speaking of, Alex, you're just mad that no one's willing to do anything that'd have any loosening with you. You're intolerable, unlovable and unfuckable." I don't care that she's sodding off to go talk about Emma about calling a solicitor or whatever she's thinking, she's a uptight bint and she needs to hear it every chance I get.

Alex gets Unlovable.

I look over at Timmy, smirking as the two girls wander off. "Now, I'm leaving. If you still want your thing with Emma, I wouldn't follow." I walk the opposite direction from the other two, giving Timmy a wink as I move away. Probably should be preparing for class or whatever.

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Thank goodness for Alex. Sometimes I feel as though he's the only person here with their head on straight! I smile in his direction as his words seem to sink into Geoff's skull along with my own. Well then, we make a pretty good team if I do say so myself. Geoff's apology seems quite sincere, and my face does soften in kind. "It's alright. Just take better care of yourself. Taking things in excess often leads to trouble down the line. And you don't want that, do you?" Something is certainly off about him. Maybe I can get him to spill the beans...

[19:17] Zomg: Manipulating Geoff
[19:17] Zomg: !r 2d6-1
]19:17] Krysmbot: Zomg, 5-1 = 4

"Is everything alright?"

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Harm: 0/4 | EXP: 1/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill

Mark at least confirms that Fiona wasn't in any state to abandon Constance -- or implies it. But if he's going to be involved, it'll be later, once I've got a dossier -- as for now, joining with Fiona gives me an in, and I don't need Mark complicating this situation. "My sister, Mark. Constance. You sound deeply concerned, for someone who doesn't know her name."

<MetalForehead> shutting down Cowed Mark
<MetalForehead> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 7+2 = 9
Mark can have Unnecessary, and give me one in return. Marking EXP.

Well, it's something. Fiona's hostile and unwilling to disclose whatever she might've seen, which might be a sign of reticence or might be because I was pretty pointed with regards to her whole boozer shtick back there, intentionally or not. (I say shtick very deliberately -- I mean, she offered me a beer on the literal first occasion on which we met. Who does that? It's like she's a after-school special antagonist.) I don't think she's lying flat-out, though -- downplaying, maybe, but... I've at least got the host's name. Khalid al-Hussein. Khalid al-Hussein, Khalid al-Hussein...

Wait. poo poo, no, nonono --hkk!--

(khalid al-hussein: jordanian royal blood; host at event wherein asset was damaged.)
(personal observations: "Creepily focused. I've seen the scenes he causes. Sometimes it's like)
(he's not even interested in the girls he chases -- this lidless [?] like he's trying to extract some)
(kind of [?] with just his eyes.")
(conclusion: risk factor one. await further orders)

...god, it's like trying to vomit with just your mind. I stumble, a little, and end up falling into Fiona, like I'm trying to use her to prop myself up -- ghah, no, I don't have time for instability...!

<MetalForehead> and turning on Fiona
<MetalForehead> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 4-1 = 3
<MetalForehead> dag

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Well, this is certainly unexpected. Luckily, I'm pretty sturdy.

"C'mon, dear, let's get you up..."

Once I lift her off of me, I hold her upright by the arms.

"Are you all right? And come to think of it, are you sure she was drinking? Maybe this fainting thing runs in the blood and she took a bad fall. You okay to stand? Can I let go?"

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Just a reminder to everyone: please keep the string sheet updated, including conditions and experience.

Alexandra: Jess gives you an angry look. "I think she can take care of herself, Alexandra." But she doesn't follow you and her friend as you and Emma walk away; instead she hangs around seemingly looking to talk with Tim. You're at Emma's door now - do you think she appreciates your intervention?
You get the condition Busybody.

Emma: You punch Ash, and as you bring your hand back you get a fleeting sensation all over, a rush of strength, and when you look at your hand you almost expect to see claws. There's a wild look in your eyes, and Jess shrinks back almost instinctively. Maybe that's why she hasn't come with you and Alexandra? In any case, Alexandra's got your attention now. What do you think her priorities were, just then - to protect you, or to get one over on her enemy, Ash? What do you do?

Tim: Jess turns to you once the others have left. "Scary, huh? Guess that sorts out who's wearing the trousers. That's how I know you didn't cheat on her, it'd be your balls on the line." She smirks, but she mostly just looks worried. "You didn't, right?" Ash is heading down the corridor in the other direction - you could still catch up with him if you wanted, but it'd mean evading Jess. What do you do?

Fiona: Mark bristles and for a moment you wonder if he's going to take you up on that offer. "Concern? Nah, you're a lost cause, Canavan. I just wanted to see if you felt at all bad for everyone else you've humiliated. I can't say I'm surprised." He's probably about to say more, but Lise interrupts him. Does it surprise you that she doesn't take his side?
Mark gives you the condition Selfish.

Lise: "Your sister? I am concerned, Langley, which is more than you seem to be... I didn't see her, but Cedric said she was a proper mess." He seems a little distracted by the revelation, though... your head is pounding. Was it really a good idea to reveal that information to the enemy an unknown quantity? "We - people are worried, Lise, that's all." In any case, he stalks off, leaving you to your little tumble with Fiona.
Mark gives you the condition Irresponsible, and takes a string on you.

Ash: I'm impressed you can walk after that - you're gonna ache for a while. What were you expecting, really? Your Faerie instincts perked up at the word 'promise' - are you still obliged to hold people to their word even if it would end poorly for you? As you head away from that encounter, you can hear raised voices from some of your housemates - do you investigate, or have you had enough drama for the morning? Don't forget to update your harm - you're at 1 currently.

Sorne, you'll get a prompt once Alex decides what he's going to do about Geoff. We're approaching the end of the scene - I'll do up to one more set of prompts after these ones for everyone, then we'll move on.

Gato fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 14, 2015

• Locked thread