Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I loving hate you eli Manning and you aren't even on my team. Opponent has min defense and he's just gifted them points left and right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
gently caress Blair Walsh, he's single-handedly crushing my chances at victory.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Will Tye got five points, winning me a championship by two! Thanks to my opponent starting Alex Smith over Drew Brees.

Last year I beat the same team by 3.

The year before, I lost to a different team by 2. I guess in this league, championships are just fated to be super close games.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
Up 9pts to Bengals D. Am I gently caress out of luck?

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
woo im the champion

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
my kicker got 23 points and I won irl money??????

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've already won $250 today thanks to Allen Goddamn Robinson saving my rear end, but I need AJ Green to have a similar night tomorrow (short 22 points right now) to get an extra hundred from another league. Otherwise...

Twelve by Pies posted:

fuckin 23 point fuckin kicker get hosed you fucker

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Intruder posted:

Get this

8 team league :lol:

Okay, you win the bullshit commish decision sweepstakes, Jesus Christ.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Currently up by .5 with Denver D left on my team, and no players left on my
Opponents. I'm afraid they'll go negative points and gently caress me. I'm limping towards being champion even though BigBen and AB84 almost screwed me. Luckily my opponent had Aaron Rodgers.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Why not just bench them?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Aggro posted:

Why not just bench them?

A 5 or 6 yard swing from stat corrections is more likely than a negative score from Denver DST

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm in the same boat. :sigh:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

A 5 or 6 yard swing from stat corrections is more likely than a negative score from Denver DST

Also, it is shady as gently caress to leave a spot empty.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
The denver defense is not going to score negative points against AJ Mccarron

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

BrandNew posted:

The denver defense is not going to score negative points against AJ Mccarron

They did give up a lot of points last week to an offense that struggled against the Ravens this week. (Denver D will be fine)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Also, it is shady as gently caress to leave a spot empty.

No, it's not. Unless you think it's unfair when actual NFL teams bench their starters once the game is a guaranteed win.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

old dog child posted:

No, it's not. Unless you think it's unfair when actual NFL teams bench their starters once the game is a guaranteed win.

Well to be fair to that analogy they don't NOT put somebody in their place.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

old dog child posted:

Yeah, only shady when you're trying to throw the game for whatever reason, not when you're trying to (dumbly) protect against a negative score to hold a tight win

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah, that trophy is staying exactly where it's at.

Over my fireplace.

:)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

Yeah, that trophy is staying exactly where it's at.

Over my fireplace.

:)

you sure you can't find someone to trade you something for it?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

lol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
My opponent in the championships is my best friend at work that just had a preemie baby and is in the NICU. Literally everybody in the league has come up and said "hey, no hard feelings, but we're all rooting for you to lose."

That and half the people don't like me because they don't get their way when they wine throughout the season.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good luck, goons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Not looking good if you started broncos d

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

Just saw this, lol.

If you ain't tradin', you ain't tryin' :agesilaus:

89 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 29, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Not looking good if you started broncos d

I need Denver DST to score fewer than 10 points in a league with inflated DST scoring (sack is 3, TFL is 1, some amount of return yards, etc)... giving me hope, ha. Denver did score 4 once this year, but otherwise their floor has been 16 with these settings. Didn't think I'd have a chance, but I really might.

E: It'll take something like 35+ points and no turnovers for Bengals, and 0 or 1 sacks and only a couple TFLs for Denver, and I might pull it out!

sourdough fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 29, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

I need Denver DST to score fewer than 10 points in a league with inflated DST scoring (sack is 3, TFL is 1, some amount of return yards, etc)... giving me hope, ha. Denver did score 4 once this year, but otherwise their floor has been 16 with these settings. Didn't think I'd have a chance, but I really might.

E: It'll take something like 35+ points and no turnovers for Bengals, and 0 or 1 sacks and only a couple TFLs for Denver, and I might pull it out!

Bengals have first downs on half their snaps. Broncos are not generating pressure, their one-on-one coverage is ineffective, they are only barely containing the run, and they've failed in two goal-line stands. Meanwhile, their offense has had what, like eight snaps?

Something is seriously wrong and denver's D is gonna be exhausted by the 4th quarter.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Looks like they finally got a stop, but still giving up 3.

e. or not, lol! Can't give Denver any crdit for a missed fg tho.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well I take it back, denver woke up. Sorry RVPro.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
cj anderson, fifteen weeks late

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

First round fantasy superstar CJ Anderson, everybody! You... you guys still start him every week, right?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Fantasy is a flat circle...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RIP CJA

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh for gently caress's sake. If the game ends there, I win. Now I gotta sweat another drive or three, and my opponent gets more time to make up his defecit.

I'm up 22 but he's got Demaryius and Burfict to my Pacman so it's not impossible.

There's $40 on the line here!

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Lost to McManus with the FG in OT. Benching Megatron for Aiken hosed me. 25-1 season in the crapper.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Well I take it back, denver woke up. Sorry RVPro.

Yuuuuup. That's alright, it was always a long shot with this crazy scoring, but I got some false hope there for awhile. Maybe if that one slight overthrow to AJ Green in the end zone had been on the money, momentum would've stayed with Cinci.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

We didn't do playoffs in my league, it's all on the record. I just clinched the season, so that's cool. If the opposite guy had won tonight by scoring 1 more point, I would have to had to win next week too, it was that close.

• Locked thread