Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Chapter 9: gently caress Art

So Ellie and Co. beat up some hair.

What is my life.

So... none of you have anything to say about this?
It's... definitely kind of weird.
KIND of weird?

Okay Ellie, it's REALLY weird.

These things sure are creepy.
Oh no, it saw me!
Aaaah! It's coming right for us!

And now we're fighting a giant eye. Yeah why not? Why AREN'T we fighting a giant eye.
Ellie what is WITH you?
What's "with" me is that my life is stupid!
Okay, yes, but... you know, didn't you wanna have adventures? Well we've been having them! With peril and stuff!
Yeah, but...

I wanted to have... cool adventures. Not... not stuff that happened because every single adult in my life is a complete idiot!
Well isn't that why most adventures happen anyway?
I-
Wait.
Holy crap.
Uh, Ellie?
She's right.
Senia, I think you broke her.

Ha! How was THAT!?

Ant! Snap out of it! Oh no! He's hurt even worse than before!
...do you losers ever learn?
Learn what?! You just attacked him for no reason!
I thought he was a monster!
What? How? How could you be so stu-

Uh...
Keep talking.
Nevermind.

You and your stupid thoughtfulness can go to hell!

Ant! Are you okay!?

That must be the one that beat up Ant.
I mean, other than me.
Alright! We'll get revenge for Ant!
:sweatdrop: Is- is that a pile of arms? Am I the only one who's noticing this?

Anyone? Uh....
Why fight it any more, right?

Another fight later, we get more weird stuff. There's a point to it, I promise.

What the heck is that?
Think that's the thing who ate what's her face.
Elenora?
Who?
The girl we're rescuing.
Oh. Right.

You weren't supposed to be violent! I beg you, open your heart to me!
What a crazy old geezer!
I know, right! What's he trying to do anywa-
Oh crap! What's-her-face!!!

Give Elenora back this instant!

Come on little guy you're kind of cute I don't want to fight yo-

Ew!
Yeah, nevermind. Ellie, please burn this thing to a crisp.
Can do!
No!
GUYS I'M STILL IN HERE

Surprisingly, this monster is actually somewhat challenging, and it's Rain Breath attack does decent damage to the whole party. Okay, "challenging" might be a bit generous, as Lena has an all-party heal spell now, and it heals for more than the enemy will damage you for. Still, "A" for effort I guess.

All right! Got it!
No, my baby!
Is someone going to help me out of this thing? No?

Eventually.

Think nothing of it! I'd hope you'd do the same for us.
Anyway, I'm glad you manage to get out of that thing!
Hey, you! Why in the world would you go and create something like this!?
Oh, stuff it, short stuff! My sculptures are never supposed to be dangerous!
They're not, huh? But this thing went ahead and grabbed Elenora anyway!
It did what...? I refuse to believe it! I thought she was just riding around in it!
Why would I do that sir?
I dunno I don't get you magician types. You all do weird things sometimes. But if my dear sculpture did indeed do what you say it did, then...

My work is always made with a loving heart. Truly!
A loving heart? :sweatdrop:
You insist that someone was controlling it? Then who?
Oh, my poor sculpture... I cannot bear to see you so reduced to such scrap!
He seems genuinely concerned about this thing. Oh! Hey, you! We didn't mean to hurt you... Take this, with our apologies!

Oh, this is wonderful!

So all the junk we were collecting from these fights actually has a point! Kind of.

You there, the redhead!
Yes?
No, not you! The useful one!
You must be my model!
Me... A model? Wow, I can't say I never thought about it! I mean, I guess I've always wanted to be this glamorous sort of-
He means like posing for a sculpture.
Oh. Right. I knew that.

Quite! The ultimate motif... You're the only model I can use!
But...
Your battle has inspired me to create something great! Please, miss!

My thoughts exactly.

We'll have to get back to you on that. For now, we should bring Elenora back to town.
Yes! I've got to hurry back!

"The useful one." I'll show that crusty old fossil "useful."

Ellie and her friends saved me..
What matters is that you're okay. Great job, everyone! But I'm afraid the news is not all good.

Who wants to bet that we'll have to take care of it?
That's a sucker bet, Senia.

We've looked into the problem behind the sculptures. There was one with a particularly evil aura... It has a clouded soul, and we believe it to be the source of the problems. Even now, it has grown beyond our control.

So we just need to bust it up a bit, right?
You'd do that?
Don't see you all doing anything about it.
drat girl.

Well then! We're counting on you!
Alright! Let's hurry to the statue!

So I'm going to admit that I was basically just skimming the text at this point. I didn't realize what I was supposed to do next, and I just walked up to this statue because I wanted to examine it and now I could.

That was a mistake.

Hwahahahaha! You little girls are saying that you can break me? Don't make me laugh!

So, I had two little problems with this fight.

For one, you do very, very little damage. Poor Senia is next to useless.

For another, I forgot to regen my MP. So the one character who can actually do damage to this boss ran out of MP very quickly.

Admittedly, I do have some Star Herbs and gotten some quick MP that way. But I'd prefer to save them so- no I can't lie to you. I forgot about my items.

Instead, I had Ellie defend every alternating round or so. It only restores 5 MP per round, which isn't enough for a Flame.

This fight took for-loving-ever.

And then it just kind of... disappears. Okay.

May I have it?!
Er, yes? But...
Oh, thank you! This is absolutely gorgeous! With this, I'll be able to fashion the perfect sculpture! Come now, Ellie! Time to start modeling!

Oh by the way his name is Henner.

Ellie? Are you okay?
It's like she turned into a rock or something!
Oh wait that's the statue! Ha ha ha!
Oh you're right! It's such a perfect likeness I couldn't tell!
You people are jerks.

It'll take a while before I'm satisfied with it. But when it's properly done, I'll make sure to show you! Please be patient! Ha ha ha!
Please tell me it'll have two eyes by then.
Oh yeah. And even bigger muscles!

Fun fact about this chapter; it doesn't exist in Magic School. Shell doesn't exist, Henner doesn't exist, and neither does Court.

You might be wondering with all the chapters that aren't in the remake, what are the remake chapters that don't exist in the original? Well, there are two chapters of Magic School that don't really exist in any form in the original, one with mermaids, and another on a ghost ship. So, spoilers, there's no mermaids or ghost ships in the version. Sorry.

Next time, there might be plot! Sort of! Maybe! Sorta kinda sort of?

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Seriously, would just hug Ellie for the crap she has to take from people.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Poor Ellie just has the WEIRDEST life. At this point the final battle is going to feature Ellie finally snapping, and having to be put down by Lena, Senia, and Ant. Ant will get KO'd in the final battle, obviously.

Also Senia scored the final blow again despite doing a fraction of damage? That girl's a wreckin' machine!

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

This game is weird but charming, but from what you said I hope it does not get too stupid.

Poor heroes, they all keep getting dunked on.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, I see, it was evil. Evil got into the art and turned it to nefarious ends.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Chapter 10: Oh Hello Plot Didn't See You There

It's a nice day for a blitz wedding.

I think the chapter intro text is trying to have make a little joke here, but it's rather awkwardly translated, so I'm not 100% sure.

So what do you think we're being called in for this time?
Something about a student meeting.
You think we're in trouble?
For what? We didn't do anything lately.
Eh, they'll think of something. I mean, Emma still sometimes talks to me about what happened during the exam. Can you believe that?
Me too. She's really hung up on what I did to Ant and his friends. Oh, and... what's his face.
Terry?
Something like that.
What exam?
You- you don't remember? When we showed up no one was here. Wait, come to think of it, I don't remember seeing you there.
Because I wasn't.
How did you get into this school then?
I dunno. I just came here, showed them I could do lightning, and they let me in.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME. ARE YOU FUC-
Girls! Girls!

Hello there! How a-
Emma I didn't do anything wrong and also I assure you it's Senia fault.
You bitch!
Language, Senia! No, girls, you're not in here because you did anything wrong! The student council just wishes to discuss all the amazing things you girls have done lately!
"Amazing" would be one way to describe it.
I'd love to sit in on the meeting, but I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment. Oh! But before I forget.

A letter? Who's it from?
Oh that reminds me, I do need to write my dad back. Man, he wouldn't believe me if I told him half the stuff that's happened.
I know. My mom keeps bombarding me with letters. Keeps asking me about my grades, whatever that's about.
Weird.

Sorry about this, but I'm gonna pass on the student meeting! Heh heh! :h:

I bet that letter is from her boyfriend!
Are you gonna spy on her?
Goodness, no! Hahah!
I'm gonna spy on her AFTER the meeting.
Hey anyway, let's hurry! We said we wouldn't be late!

Come on, sit down! I want to hear all of your stories!
What? I'm here too, you know!? Hellooo!
Well, I'm just glad we're not late. So when is everyone else coming?
Uh...
There is no one else.
Are you seriously telling me this is the whole student council?
Are you surprised?
...no, not really.
Well, uh, since we're all here...

Ahem!
I didn't know what kind you liked, but I made this. It's called Uban Milk Tea. I hope you like it!

Oh, Lena! You're here too? when did you get here?
I suppose I'm too short for you to notice!

Lena, it appears that our student president only has eyes for Ellie!
Oh hell no.
You're horrible! I get it already! I'm short! You don't have to go on about it!
That's, uh, not exactly what I meant... What I mean is that I think our student president here likes-
Uh-
Yeah, it is really rude how you keep teasing Lena about her height Ellen!
I know, right!
That's not what I meant and you know- my name isn't Ellen!
I have nothing to say about this.
...um.

Anyway, we'd better see to that tea... It's already getting cold!
Yeah, that's right.

Oh, uh, hi there.
I thought you said there weren't any other student council members.
THAT'S NOT THE STUDENT COUNCIL.

Snrk.
He he he he.
He said "D."
Ha!

How do you know that?
I 'unno. He's evil?
Fair enough.

I've been to the four corners the world, gathering the most talented people... To make them into my slaves! And you're the next on my list, Brown![sic]
Ugh... ! That grammar!
I will grant you the honor of serving me, Memphis, for the rest of your meager life! Go forth, my servants!

Huh, he can do that telekinetic pull thing too.
Think he's related to Dadis?
GUYS I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT GOING ON

DON'T JUST STAND THERE YOU MO-

drat it.

You fiends! We'll avenge Elaine!
She's not dead. And her name is-
If you're not gonna fight then shut up!

They- they cast Flay too?! How? Am I... Is the reason I can cast such powerful fire magic because I'm descended from the Vile Tribe?!
No that's stupid go burn the goblins to death please.

These guys are actually somewhat tough, as their Flay does pretty gnarly damage and I still haven't gotten a better fire spell since chapter... 5 or so?

But it's no where near the slog that the statue fight was.

I just felt a magical spike of great magnitude, but it seems to have dissipa-- Hm!? What happened to Elenora!?
Who?
Isn't she the librarian's assistant?
No! She's the redhead!
?
The other one! Argh!
Brown, please, focus. What happened to her?!
...she pushed me aside, and was taken by the Vile Tribe in my stead...
I see... Then we must head to the belly of the beast! Brown, you must help rescue her!
Of course...
We must act quickly, or there might be no hope of retrieving her at all. Ellie, Lena...
You got it. I'm ready to go!
Me too let's kick some Vile Tribe butt!

The two of you should go back to the dorm.
You- you don't need our help?
I know you two are worried about Elenora, but please, this is very dangerous.
...who?
Just... just do what I say, please.

Come on, Ellie, let's go.

I felt some sort of weird magical force from the lounge. Did something happen?
Yeah. Uh, one sec.

Oh right! Anyway-

Elenora was kidnapped by the Vile Tribe! Brown and Principal Steele are going to try to rescue her.
Really? If they'd just asked, I would have gladly helped.
Eh, we offered, but they didn't want the help. Said it was too dangerous for us.
We've beaten up statues and masks! What's some Vile Tribe to us?
I dunno have we even established what the Vile Tribe are in this LP yet?
Stop breaking the fourth wall!
I don't even know where that is anymore!

Oh right, I haven't explained the Vile Tribe. The Vile Tribe was a collection of people and demons and demi-humans and it's always been kind of unclear what kind of beings made up the Vile Tribe and- anyway, once upon a time this Vile Tribe decided that Althena, the goddess of the land of Lunar, was no good at her job, and they went amok. They were right, but that was beyond the point; Althena banished the Vile Tribe to a desolate land called the Frontier for their evil goddess-hating ways. Despite what Lunar Dragon Song will have you believe, you can't just walk to the Frontier, so the Vile Tribe being outside of the Frontier is a huge deal. People are surprisingly calm about it, really.

Yeah, this game assumes you're already familiar with the Lunar series. The game isn't too heavily mired in mythos, but it doesn't explain any of the terms when they pop up. Of course, if you're reading this, you quite possibly already are somewhat familiar with the series anyway, and my explanation was redundant. But hell, just in case, right?

So who's up for a jarring topic shift?

I'm sorry for spoiling that.
You're really too kind. Thanks for that. Also you don't have to apologize for the Vile Tribe kidnapping someone. For the moment, could I ask you to come to the port with me?
Why's that?
Umm... Azu is... Coming...
What!?

Azu's really coming here! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand still!
Uh-
I know that tone and don't you dare-
You know the Vile Tribe just kidnapped some people, right? Maybe-
Ellie I don't think you want to continue that thought.
I- I do not.
Anyway, OHMIGOSH you guys Azu!

He must really want to be with me!
I'd be embarrassed if I showed up by myself...
So please! Come with me to the harbor! Please!
Ahaha! I'm sorry, it's just funny!
What's funny half-pint?
Tha- that you're happy- no I mean-

You're just being really cute right now and I'm happy for you and please don't kill me.
Oh! Okay! So you're coming?

Of course we'll go with you!

So our next destination is clear (and yes the harbor we have to go to is the same harbor as earlier, the game isn't trying to pull anything on you) there's a bit of stuff we need to do.

As you might imagine, the Vile Tribe is a slightly bigger concern for the student than Azu's letter.

how could they overlook me?
Oh yeah, well your HAIR needs all the help it could get.
... ...pardon me?
A... little too late Senia.
drat IT.
It's okay Senia...

Aw, buck up! You're a really good student, I think the Vile Tribe is itching to capture you.
Yeah! You're probably totally on their list!
Th- thanks.

Oh by the way, Richter's actually just hanging around in the dorm, failing to kill vampires. Or maybe you can assume he's killing vampires off screen, because he's not going to contribute anything else for the rest of the game.

So the Vile Tribe are horribly sexist on top of being evil demons? Good to know.

Run for your lives!

The response to the Vile Tribe is... surprisingly varied.

Insert your favorite joke about potheads here, I guess.

Oh, I finally bought something, namely robes. Lunar-net suggests skipping the first available robe, so I did. And not because I just forgot to check the robe store again until now. Yup.

I could definitely afford the new robes. I bought two, one for Ellie and the other for Lena. And there was no reason why I stiffed Senia so don't ask.

By the way, there is no equip screen or anything. You just go to your inventory and "use" the robe on whoever you want to equip it. You can't unequip them either, just replace it with a different robe. Yeah, robes were ditched in the remake, and for good reason.

Hey look it's Ramus's ancestor.

You know what's it's time for? Time to get some new spells. Maybe we'll get decent spells for once!

I have just been delivered a new spell from off-island. Would you like to take a look?
Heh heh! Of course! Oh Professor Ralph, you're so thoughtful!
What kind of spell is it, though? Hopefully it's not a stupid status spell.
Oh no, it's an attack spell.
...really?

So Lena finally learned an attack spell.

He he.
Ha ha!
MWA HA HA HA!
You fool, what have you done?!
HA HA HA!
I didn't know! I didn't know!

Yeah, it's kind of too bad that this spell sucks.

AH HA HA-
Wait what

This spell doesn't do anywhere near the damage that Ellie or Senia's spells do. Also, it misses a lot for some reason. It's useless.

I hate you.

So how is that rescue going?
Hm?
You know, of that kidnapped student?
I'm... planning. Currently.
Mm-hm.
Look if I do this will you just go away?

Oh hello where the hell were you?

As you can see, Ellie has decided to join the Thunder Goddess club with Senia. And yes, Bolt Strike is just a better Bolt. Also, Lena's Psi Air is an attack spell that's actually worth a drat. It's worse than anything Ellie or Senia have, but it attacks all enemies, and it doesn't miss. That counts as a win for Lena.

:sigh:
Oh don't worry, one of these days Lena you'll learn how to cause earthquakes.
...thank you Ellie.

Huh? What kind of spell is it? Please, tell me!
Finally, I'm gonna get something cool-

WHY DO WE EVEN TALK TO YOU?!

Yup, another useless status spell. The fan translation and Lunar-net's translation of spell names differ, and I can't tell what Lunar-net's translation calls this spell. So I'm not sure what it does, other than miss all the drat time and be worthless.

Ka-ching! These are both single-target spells, so now I've got better spells for random encounters and boss fights. Ellie's Flaze does awesome damage, although it is a hefty 12 MP. Fullstone isn't quite as good, though. It is surprising that Senia of all people gets an earth elemental spell.

How come YOU get an earth elemental spell?! You're the least... earth elementally thing I know!
You're just jealous of what I can do.
Yes I am BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME.

Gotta say, I like the way these guys think.

Wow, really?
Yup.

...and?
And what?
What happened? After the Vile Tribe kidnapped you?
Stuff.
How did you escape?
Didn't.
So they let you go?
No.
Okay then, who rescued you?
No one did.
Then how are you here?!
I live here what are you getting at with this?
Guys if we keep messing around here we'll miss Azu!
...fine. Whatever. Let's go.

I'm so glad you could come! Hey... Why DID you come? For me, maybe...?:h:
Yes, I'm here for you.
Wow! He's so bold! :h: I'm jealous!
Lena, I'm sure you'll find your better half!
Is it just me or is it getting kind of hot?
Ah crap I may have phrased that wrong. Senia, please... Don't get the wrong idea. I'm here at your father's behest.
... what? You mean you didn't WANT to come here? Are my father's wishes more important to you than ME!
Senia, about that... well...

Oh this is gonna be goo~d! :munch:
Stop that!

WHAT!? Am I little more than a piece of property to him!? Is THAT why you're here? You're no better than he is!
Senia...

Wow, awkward.
What, I'm hungry.

Hey this is a private moment can you go awa-
Oh crap!

You'll be working for me now, Azu!
Azu!

What should I do...?
We should at least inform the professors!

Yes? Is something the matter?
Oh... Azu... How could Memphis do this... My friend was taken... I've known him since we were children!

Calm down, Senia. Senia's childhood friend, Azu, was kidnapped by Memphis!
Tell me what you know about this! I need to save him!
...I have a feeling that this staff, which we pulled from one of Memphis's cronies, is at the core of this mess.
Huh?
I'm thinking that Memphis was able to come to Iyen via this staff. They're likely experimenting on ways to rob us of our magic.
Um, question.
Yes, Ellie.
How do you know this, sir?
I felt a certain magical energy on the object.
Okay, but how do you know that's how the Vile Tribe got here? And how do you know they're trying to rob us of our magic? Because of this magical energy? How, exactly? What specifically tells you-
I just know Ellie.
But-
Would you like to rescue your friend today?
Sir, that's real-
Shut your drat mouth Ellie.
*Ahem.*

...I'd like to try an experiment on THEM... They're not gonna get away with kidnapping Azu!
The cave on the beach leads to an underground labyrinth. Maybe they came in that way?
Very possibly.
How do you know THAT?!
I 'unno, how did you know they were Vile Tribe at first glance?
NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANY-
Oh wait. It never did. Carry on, then.

They should be there by now. You may go there as well. Do take the Vile Tribe's staff with you, by the way. You might need it.
We'd better get going.
Be careful, Ellie.
You're not even going to pretend you're gonna help, are you?

Yup.
Well hey, look on the bright side. It's an adventure! And it'll actually be worth bragging about!
You're- you're right!
Yeah that's nice can we go rescue Azu now!?
Eh, I'm kinda tired. It'll wait until next time, right?
What "next time?" What are you talking about? Wait, don't you da

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 21, 2016

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
This game. DRAKENGARD WALKING SCHOOL!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wait. Did...

did something happen in this update?

What madness is this?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I hope we've actually met a serious game-long threat in the Vile Tribe and not just a one-man Team Rocket operation. He doesn't seem to have got blasted off again yet, which is encouraging.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

Of course, if you're reading this, you quite possibly already are somewhat familiar with the series anyway, and my explanation was redundant. But hell, just in case, right?

It's me. I have no idea about the mythos of Lunar. I played the WD Lunar Silver Star Story on PSX back when it came out, but I never beat it. I enjoyed playing it, though, so when this LP showed up, I decided to follow along. So you're not wasting your time explaining things like this. :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Camel Pimp posted:

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANY-
Oh wait. It never did. Carry on, then.

:allears:

This update. This is a good update. I approve of it.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
"Vile Tribe" is basically Lunar's code word for "evil villains who don't require any further explanation". :effort:

So the girls are aware of the fourth wall, now. I'm strangely okay with this.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well, this is certainly a video game. Ayup, it sure does exist.

Seriously though, I love that even the devs knew that the whole thing was filler when making the remake. This is gonna be a fun ride. :allears:

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Chapter 11: This is an Update About Love

-re.
Wait, whu?
Well, we're here. Time to go rescue Azu!
Oh. Okay, I'm down with that. We're coming Azuuuuuu-

Huh, there's treasure here now.
Okay sure I guess that's cool. But it's not like we-

drat it, Ellie! This is not the time-
Senia. I like you. You're a friend of mine. But if you get between me and treasure, I will rip your still-beating heart out of your chest and feed it to your little boyfriend.
Oh. Uh, okay.

Oh neat.

Sadly, the caves are not monster free this time, and we've got tougher monsters than a bunch of pre-teen boys.

But we're a lot stronger, too.

However, Bolt Strike is a bit overkill at the moment. It won't one hit kill the enemies, no, but two Bolts will do the job just fine. Hell, a Bolt and a PsiAir from Lena will also take care of enemies. There's just no point in spending the MP on Bolt Strike. And believe it or not, MP conservation is going to be a slight concern, at least to preserve my sanity.

Oh, and despite earlier claims, I don't think Win D is an attack spell. Maybe. Probably not? It doesn't do damage when it hits. I have no idea what it does, then. Who cares!

EDIT: It's most likely an MP stealing spell. Enemies rarely cast spells, so that would explain why it never works.

Oh you are kidding me.
How did they even know what's going on here?
How did WE?

Uuuh
Should we come back later?

Er, what? You guys again? Hey, uh, er! Rick, Kule! You aren't pushing hard enough!
I know, I know. Don't over-strain yourselves! We'll take care of it.

I'll remember this, dammit!
Hey, now. It's not like I'm trying to make fun of you. :sweatdrop:
But seriously, what are you-

Well, uh, bye I guess.

We're right next to where we need to go, but there's a bit more treasure on the right side of the cave. I mean I'm rapidly running out of space to put all these unneeded healing items, but what am I supposed to do? Not get them?

Although I'm already starting to run a tad low on MP.

In any case, the door goes away for the girls (which I guess is what the staff was for but the game doesn't display a message when the door goes down, so I don't know)

Well, okay, that's certainly a change of scenery. Has this been here for a while?

Hey who's up for a jarring tone shift?

Seriously? It's pretty obvious that he's NOT, so why are you asking now of all times-
Well...

Flashback time!

He'd been hurt, and had collapsed. I hurried home, calling for help all the way. My father nursed him back to health, and we soon became fast friends...
Yeah riveting can we get back to the task on hand?

So, uh, this dungeon.

It's hard to show in screenshots, but it sucks. You know how many of the dungeons so far were either more or less straight lines or so short that were impossible to get lost in? Well gently caress that noise! The game is taking off the kiddy gloves! By which I mean it's still easy, but now the dungeons are annoying mazes that are harder to navigate than they should be because of the small field of view. Kinda like the original Lunar 1, actually. Spoiler, this is how many of the dungeons in this game will go from now on. When they're not recycles.

I guess the enemies are slightly more intimidating this time around.

Slightly.

Oh, and I was wrong about something; you can't use the Meat to heal. As far as I can tell, you can't use it at all. So I just threw it out.

You are history's greatest monster.

Oh hey, a new thing! So what does it do?

...the "info" option for items isn't very helpful sometimes. It's just a full party cure that's better than the Cure Herb. That's all.

Oh, and I didn't realize that the Cure Herb cured the whole party. Well it does. Now you know. I end up trying to use up some of the lovely healing items I have.

The Lively Potion restores all HP for one character, and the Rest Potion restores all HP for the whole party. Wee.

And, yeah, I guess there's not much else to really say about this boring rear end-

Oops, sorry, gotta get back to Senia's pointless backstory.

We were inseparable! But this made my father angry. He scolded me... Said that I should realize that I was the daughter of a chief. My father didn't think very highly of Azu.
Oh. Okay. And?
And what?
You liked Azu and your dad didn't. I guessed that much. So what happened next?
I'm getting to that!
Okay, I'm listening.
No you gotta wait.
Why?
I 'unno.

Do you know how many times I had to just stop and wait for MP to regen? Too many. Although I think that MP only regens when you're still, or at least I didn't see it regen while I was moving. Also, holy moly do the robes make a difference. Before waiting Senia and Ellie had around the same amount of MP, and after waiting Ellie has about 20 MP more. So, hey, whatever helps my sanity.

However, it doesn't seem to effect MP restoration when you defend in battle. I believe defending will only give back 5 MP regardless. Yeah that's pretty much useless now.

I really hate how most of the treasure is placed in such a way where when you see the chest, the way to actually get to it requires a massive detour. Oh, that has a Sun Sparkle, by the way.

Oh, and I didn't realize that you can actually use Cinnabar as an attack item! It did 51 damage, which is actually quite good. Huh. I don't know if that would be the best thing to put in make-up, though. Unless you need exploding lipstick for some James Bond thing.

Also, Chalk isn't a bad attack item either, considering that it hits all enemies.

Seriously have I hammered it in enough that this dungeon isn't very fun to play? I have? Okay, good.

Hey, did you hear that?
I did! I think I hear Ellie and her friends!
Of course Brown and Steele couldn't be bothered.
Really?! We're gonna get out of here!
Oh thank the Goddess!

OH COME ON.

I was horrified! Then, well...

Dad told me to ask him not to meet with me anymore, but those were my dad's words, not mine... As I was explaining that to him, a monster ambushed us. Azu shoved me out of the way.

But that monster... Oh, Azu... In the blink of an eye, Azu had been hurt again. And then he told me that I'd been a burden to him... From that day forward, I ventured into the forest alone to train myself. But I knew the day would come when I'd have to escape from the marriage my father planned.
Wait hold up. How long where you in the woods training?
A few months I guess.
What were you doing?!
Fighting bears, mostly.
Wait hold up why did you never mention this before?!
Eh. Didn't seem that interesting. Will you please let me get back to my story?

So I came here, looking to get even stronger. When Azu arrived, I thought it was because he was worried about me. I mean, I was gone for months and I didn't tell anyone where I was going. I figured he'd be a little bit concerned. I thought he'd want to take me with him...
Okay, now we get back to the part where you were fighting bears?
Yeah! How'd ya do it?
Well, I guess there's not much to say. The secret to it is-
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
Oh no it's- uh, Lena, can I see your hand?
Sure.
It's... Elenora! Let's rescue her!

JRPG villains never do spend any money on prison door construction for some reason.

Yes... Thank you, Lena.
And the rest of these girls?
Their stories are just like mine. They tried to shield someone, and got taken instead. Apparently our entire male student body are freakin' deers in headlights... There was also another kid... Azu, I think. He was taken deeper into the maze. By which I mean he's the next room over. I don't think our captors are trying very hard.
It's gotta be him!
Thanks, Elenora! We'll take care of it!

You just focus on rescuing the boy that was taken deeper in!

Well, uh, let's do that.

Azu! Hold on, we're-

Uh, Elli-

Okay, we're ready.
FINALLY.

S-Senia...
Hm? I recognize you from Iyen... Are you here to save the boys?
You filthy... What have you done to Azu!? If you've hurt him, so help me I'll...
...Senia.
Well then, this concludes my research. Pity I haven't the time to... entertain you myself. Rather, 'tis the time to test a little project of mine.

So hey, we've got probably the hardest boss so far. First of all, there are in fact two enemies; Mynos on top, and the Minotaur on the bottom.

Although most of the danger comes from the fact that the Minotaur can hit like a brick truck, especially against Lena, who has the lowest defense and least HP. Mynos went down in two rounds, so it barely did anything.

Thankfully, Ellie's Flaze ensures that this is a short battle. For comparison, Senia's Fullstone doesn't even do half that amount of damage. Although I think the Minotaur probably resists earth damage, as Fullstone did better damage against Mynos. Like earlier Lunars, this game doesn't tell you if you're hitting elemental weakness or resistances. Hell, I don't really even know if they're in the game.

For some odd reason, despite doing worse damage, Senia's always stealing the kill.

Nothing we couldn't handle, though!
Azu, hang on! I'll get you down!

Senia... Thanks.
I've grown, haven't I? I won't ever be a burden on you! Never again!
Senia...
Seriously, is that all he knows how to say?
Urgh, I know. Just get to the love confession already.

But I wanted to learn strong magic, too. For you, Azu. But, I suppose you're just here on my father's orders, right...?
That is the truth, but, well... I've changed my mind.

Aw!
It's so sweet I think I'm gonna cry!

But, what about my father?
I'm sure that we can make him understand. We just need to tell him. Together.
...you're right! I'm sure we'll be able to explain. Come on, let's go! Together! :h:

I guess.

Before we sign off, let me show off the text intro to the next chapter to confirm something:

Senia is gone. She left the party. She left the party to go home and get married. Senia is 14, by the way.

And she doesn't come back. Senia is gone forever. I was... a little miffed when I realized this in my first place-through. Especially since her replacement isn't nearly as fun. But we'll get there when we get there.

It's worth noting that in the remake Senia does come back for the end. And so does Azu. As a matter of fact, Azu is playable in the remake. And since we're talking playable characters...

Image stolen from Lunar-net

Magic School Lunar has an entirely new character called Blade. He's the burly manly type, likes blades (no really?), does ice magic, and has a crush on Ellie. Honestly, it doesn't seem like we're missing much by not having him. Although in the remake there's combination attacks and one of them has Ellie throw him at the enemies. That's cool.

As far as I can tell, at the end of the game, you have a party of six characters, which is larger than the five you normally get in Lunar games. Sadly, yes, we are stuck with a party of three here, though.

Next time... a character I've been dreading this whole LP.

...yay.

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 9, 2015

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
This game, this game... At this point, I'm feeling like the anime joke side-story has more of a compelling story, and that was just a comedic farce. You keep this up, you're going to need a list of "Camel Pimp survived these bad games:" added to your title.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Next character? This ought to be interesting. Hopefully.

Looking at the cover, it's going to be either Ant or Elenora. Between those two it's probably a close race on the "number of times needed to be bailed out" tally. But I'm still hoping for Elenora. She's only boring, compared to Ant being an insufferable rear end.

Also a possibility is that as-of-yet unseen person with the darkish-blonde hair, but he/she (I seriously can't tell which) looks to be in the background with Obvious Main Villain and That One Snooty Bitch, so he/she's probably an antagonist of some sort.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Speaking of Ant, that Blade person added in the remake just seems to be... Uh. Another Ant. Effort much?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

:psyduck: this is less a game than a tragic series of poorly conceived narrative and design decisions.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Camel Pimp posted:

Oh, and despite earlier claims, I don't think Win D is an attack spell. Maybe. Probably not? It doesn't do damage when it hits. I have no idea what it does, then. Who cares!

I found a whole one Japanese page on the internet with a spell list for this game (of course there's several for Magic School) and it claims it's MP absorb (it has zero MP cost, right?). I still couldn't tell you which spell Lucky is supposed to be, though.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Polsy posted:

I found a whole one Japanese page on the internet with a spell list for this game (of course there's several for Magic School) and it claims it's MP absorb (it has zero MP cost, right?). I still couldn't tell you which spell Lucky is supposed to be, though.

I was looking through the lunar net spell list, and I think you're right. I don't know how much mp it costs off the top of my head though. I would just have to look at her mp totals before and after casting to find out. (The game does not tell you)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Camel Pimp posted:

(The game does not tell you)

Jesus, I know screen and memory real estate are an issue on something like the Game Gear but does this game tell you loving anything? At least this is worth a laugh instead of making you wish it or the things it's related to never happened. :v:

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

The original Lunar 1 didn't list MP cost either. But your HP/MP totals are always visible on screen, so it's easier to tell. (I'm not sure if I've hammered in how clunky the battle interface is in Walking School. It's very clunky and user unfriendly) Also, with having an official release and all (and me having the guidebook) it's easier to find out.

Honestly, this game reminds me of the original Lunar 1 in a few ways. Mainly how it's vastly inferior to Lunar 2.

EDIT: Oh, and I can't believe I didn't mention this earlier, but:

(Again, image taken from Lunar-net)

This is Memphis's character design. Amazing.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, and I just tested it, and it's definitely 0 MP, so probably is an MP absorb spell. Enemies rarely cast magic so I guess that's why it never works.

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 27, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Camel Pimp posted:

(Again, image taken from Lunar-net)

This is Memphis's character design. Amazing.

It looks like that snake is holding on by biting into his torso. I guess sacrifices must be made in the name of fashion!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Welp, bye Senia. Glad to know that for as much potential you might've had in this crew, it disappears entirely right at the time when you might've started putting it to use.

So, when you say "Blade", gonna be honest that all I hear and see is "Kyle Lite". Hopefully with fewer masturbation jokes.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Given how little it seems to connect with the actual series, I wonder if this had started off as some unrelated IP and they just decided to slap on the Lunar label and tweak some sprites/portraits to boost sales.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This game actually does have equipment, right? So you're also down whatever money you spent on this incidental character.

I mean, she's off chasing her dreams, so more power to her, but it sure puts us in a heck of a spot.

Trying to think of other RPGs where this has happened, and, I mean, Dragon Quest IV had guest party members but you couldn't mess with their inventory at all.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Glazius posted:

This game actually does have equipment, right? So you're also down whatever money you spent on this incidental character.

I mean, she's off chasing her dreams, so more power to her, but it sure puts us in a heck of a spot.

Trying to think of other RPGs where this has happened, and, I mean, Dragon Quest IV had guest party members but you couldn't mess with their inventory at all.

To be honest, I don't know if the game will give you her robe back she leaves.

But on the other hand, it doesn't REALLY matter. Money is pert near useless. Items and robes are the only thing you can spend it on, and the game gives you plenty of items during dungeon exploration. Even if it didn't, you rarely need items anyway. (Maaaaybe if you hosed up real bad in a boss fight) Robes are pricey, yeah, but with the money not going anywhere else, it's not like it's that big an inconvenience if Senia takes one with her.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Too bad Magic School Lunar doesn't have a fan translation. This game seems so amateurish; I'd like to see what Game Art did on their second try.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Glazius posted:

Lunar's pretty good about that too, really. Most of your temporary characters (namely Laike, Ghaleon, Tempest, Gwyn, and Leo pre-perma-join) have locked equipment that you can't mess with.

However, SSSC (and probably all other versions, I haven't tested it on them) do also have Luna and Ramus, who both WILL take any gear they had on with them when they leave your team. Ramus almost certainly won't have anything good on, but Luna can potentially take decent or expensive accessories with her (I figure there's at least one person that slapped the only Healing Ring you'll have at that point on her and lost it when she left).

And of course there's Dragon Song, where I believe CP pointed out that Lucia and Rufus will both take their poo poo with them when they leave, because the game already has every other lovely gameplay design, why not this one? Good thing there wasn't some lovely sequel where they added more chances for people to take expensive gear with them.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Bufuman posted:

Lunar's pretty good about that too, really. Most of your temporary characters (namely Laike, Ghaleon, Tempest, Gwyn, and Leo pre-perma-join) have locked equipment that you can't mess with.

However, SSSC (and probably all other versions, I haven't tested it on them) do also have Luna and Ramus, who both WILL take any gear they had on with them when they leave your team. Ramus almost certainly won't have anything good on, but Luna can potentially take decent or expensive accessories with her (I figure there's at least one person that slapped the only Healing Ring you'll have at that point on her and lost it when she left).

Oh yeah, in the original Lunar 1, Luna and Ramus still will take their equipment with them when they leave. Luna leaves a LOT earlier in that game, though, so she is even less likely to have anything decent. (As a matter of fact, because running has a 100% chance of success in Lunar The Silver Star, and there's no boss fight until the Meribian Sewers, it is possible in the original for Luna to leave without having fought a single battle.)

Although also to note in the original sega-cd Lunar games is that your temporary characters equipment (except Gwyn for some reason) is NOT fixed. So yeah, you can totally steal from them! They actually never have anything all that great (you can swipe a decent robe from Ghaleon and that's about it) but you can sell them. It's particularly great in Lunar 2, because Leo will join your party multiple times in a short span, and you can steal from him every time. And he'll re-grow his equipment each time, too (although not the items)

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Chapter 12: How Not to Make Friends

We begin with a new character, who's looking a bit lost at the moment.

Here to learn magic, but... Where is everybody? I'm so hungry... There's got to be someone... Maybe I'm just waiting in the wrong place...?

So it seems like enough time has passed that they're running entrance exams again. I wonder if they do this at the beginning of every year, or every semester, or just whenever.

Huh?

They don't even know you're here. I've got big plans for you, my little slave!

Uuuuuuuuurgh.

I don't like this character.

Wh-who are you?

I am the mistress of the Demon Castle D!
Then... you're Vile Tribe...!? Is- is this a test?
No.
This is bad, isn't it?
Depends on how you look at it.
...really bad.

Oh yes, but that is not all! I know more about your little power than anyone else! This is a great turning point for you, my pet! I'm going to unleash your hidden strengths!

Well that was weird and uncomfortable. Let's switch scenes, shall we?

Senia had more talent than all the boys here combined! But then she had to go and leave with Azu!
I know, it really is a shame-

I want a cool guy like that, dammit!
What about learning magic? Don't you wanna cause earthquakes?
I can learn magic and find true love! I'm a modern girl, after all.
Wish Senia realized that.
Eh, I think fighting bears is more her speed anyway.

All right, meandering around and talking to folks! Quality LP action here, folks.

For the most part, everyone is in shock over Senia's sudden wedding.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the only person who mentions how hosed up it is that a 14 year old girl abandoned her education to get married. This Is A Feminist Game (c)

She's no concern of mine.

Admittedly, not everyone cares.

This is one of the few explicit mentions that Senia is a beastgirl, and that it matters in some way.

She just didn't want to be my apprentice. Hmph.
Do you know who this guy is?
Nope.

Oh yeah, and this. Doubt it's important.

Anyway, let's get ourselves some magic!

Oh what is this?! First Senia was biting my style, and now Ellie?!
Lena, it's prudent to know some healing magic, regardless of your preferred magic.
I guess, but- but that's my thing.
You just learned a way more powerful healing spell than me anyway.

For some odd reason, that's not making me feel better, Ellie.

For some reason, Ellie gets two new multi-target attack spells at the same time. Apparently Bolt God is significantly worse than Bomb and there's zero reason to get them both at the same time. Yeah don't ask me.

I'm jealous of Senia! ...I wish I had what she does... I'd settle for someone I could tolerate.

entrance exam ended when it did.

I think this is mistranslated, because the exam has not ended, as you'll see.

back when I got married, too!
Oh? I didn't know you had a wife.
Wife? What are you talking about?
Oh. Um... your husband?
Are you calling me gay?!
Ellie why do we keep talking to this crazy man?
I don't know.

She... blew up your house?
What? My house is fine. What are you talking about, Ellie?
How do you know her name?
He's our professor, Lena.
I'm a professor?!

Anyway, I guess we should check out the reports of a weirdo hanging out in the plaza.

Who are you? I don't recognize you...

Are you a freshman?
Oh hey you're from Caldor? So are we! We're from Burg, where are you from?

Uh... something wrong?

Hey, wait. Shouldn't you be taking the exam...?
Heheh... I know all about Iyen and you... magicians! And...! I am going to bring divine judgment upon this place!

Do you have any idea what you're doing!?
Uh, yes.

I am perfectly aware.

Huh. Well that was weird. Wonder what that was all abo-
Oh I don't think that's supposed to go on the outside.

Ugh, my legs... Cure me, please...
Are you sure it's just your legs you need cured? It kinda looks like your everything is pretty messed up-
CURE ME
Okay, okay!

Whew, thanks.
Huh, Lively
is a pretty darned good spell. Anyway, I'm glad that creepy weirdo's gone. Hopefully he'll just-

Aw crap.

Aw geez, this is bad. Are you okay Elenora?
I'm fine.
I am just fine.

Let's, uh, go over here.

We did.
Seriously though, it's not really that hard.
Yeah the test kinda sucks.
Kinda?

That boy is laying waste to everything he sees!
Yeah that blows but uh say Ms Emma...
Yes?
Could, you, uh, talk to Elenora? She's kind of freaking me out.

My work is never done.

that child really does have a pure heart.
Yuh-huh. You know he destroyed your house too.

Take him down.

...y-yeah, totally...

Lies.

Anyway, I think we've fooled around enough. Let's go find that boy and tell him that his actions were quite uncalled for.

It looks like he's fighting a monster! Ellie, c'mon!

...uh.
Ellie, I'm going to explain to you why that was a very dumb question. First off, those monsters were easy for us when we were freshmen. I don't think Mr "Blew Up the Town" is going to have a problem. Also, he blew up the town. I'm not feeling super thrilled about helping him. Do I need to go on?
No, I get it. That was a dumb question. I don't know why I-
Wait is he still fighting that thing?
You've gotta be kidding me.
Guess we need to help him?

I don't know, but I don't think he'd help US...
Still, we've got to try!
I mean, not very hard, but I guess we'll try.

By the time we get to the forest, however, he's gone.

And also there's an encounter with these. The fight is so easy that I don't even bother to spend MP.

He must be off to that island in the east! Come on, after him!

C'mon, before this gets any worse! Cut it out already! All this destroying stuff is really annoying.
My name is Winn. I come from Caldor Island. Heheh... I know all about Iyen and you... magicians! And...! I am going to bring divine judgment upon this place!

It occurs to me that Lena is basically this game's Nall.

How do you expect to make any friends?
I am not concerned about making friends.
Well you're never going to succeed in life with that attitude.
Yeah! You know, I may squabble with my friends a lot, but I'm glad I have them! Otherwise this hellhole known as Iyen would be even more intolerable!
Uh, what she means is: friendship is power!
Friendship is power!
...okay I'm going to kill you now.

Let's teach him some manners!

All right, Ellie! Rain some fiery judgment on this fool!

Aw crap.

Ow, you jerk!
I think we might be outmatched.
I can tell!
What should we do?! I'm trying everything but nothing's working!
drat it! There's got to be a way!
Perhaps you need to stop for a second and think.
We don't have th-

Oh. Um, hello.
I saw you ladies were having some trouble. I hope you don't mind if this old man-
We would absolutely not mind.
Please help us.
Well then! Shall we?

Wha- what is that?
Those are my spells.
What do they do?

Oh. That.
Holy...

The battle doesn't last much longer.

Whew, thanks for the save, gramps!
But hey, I didn't realize that you were actually a magician!
I just figured you were an exceptionally creepy recruiter.
Hahah! I told you, I'm just a wrinkly old traveler. But it's been a while since I've seen a student THIS excitable.
What's with the attitude?
We've been having a lot of trouble lately! And where were you? Hmmmm?
Huh, that's usually my line.
Well, I generally stick to that island. But when I heard the ruckus, I got curious. So do tell. What's the story?
We don't know how he managed to get to Iyen. If he's a freshman, he should still be in the exam...

No kidding? Hm!
What's on your mind?
Well, I'm pretty sure this student is being controlled. People don't just go around blowing up towns, right?
You mean he's not just trying to be cool?
You- you think he was trying to be "cool?"
Yeah.
Who thinks that blowing up a town is cool?!
Senia blew up stuff all the time and she is the coolest girl I know.
...fine. Fine. Anyway, so he's being controlled?
Oh, right.

I mean, he's so powerful! How COULD he be controlled?
The most powerful magicians usually have one weakness... They are easily controlled.
Does- does that include you sir?
My name is Glen. Heheh... I know all about Iyen and you... magicians! And...! I am going to bring divine judgment upon this place!
Oh shi-
Just kidding.
In any case, it takes many years to hone your mind to resist control. This young man lacks the training and experience.

I guess he's like a child, then? I mean, when I first started here, I had to try really hard. Still do!
Hah! Well, I'm going to take him back to my hut!

Next time, hut time. Also maybe we'll find out what's up with this kid.

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 21, 2016

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I must say, your take on "the crazy guy" is getting really good.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Once more, a crazy old man shows up to save everything.

Only this time with spells that may be just him shouting at stuff.

Clearly he is the Dragonborn of Lunar.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Mysterious old men, saving JRPG protagonists since the dawn of time.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
So which of those characters is the one you mentioned as having been dreading their appearance throughout this whole LP? Is it the Obvious Main Villain woman? Is the old dude going to turn out to be an rear end in a top hat? Or is that new guy? My money's on him, given that he's already reeking of Mary Sue traits; So much natural talent and power that he instantly caught the eye of the main villain and can effortlessly beat the main characters that have been training their asses off? Are you kidding me? If the story ends up focusing on how awesome he is, I'll quit reading right now. Even your commentary, Camel Pimp, couldn't keep me interested in a story like that.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

After everything we've seen so far, were you seriously expecting a good story?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Were you there for the Dragon Song LP?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Yeah I'll just be blunt; it's Barua. I'll go into more detail why in the next update, but frankly pretty much all of her dialogue is cringe worthy

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

ultrafilter posted:

After everything we've seen so far, were you seriously expecting a good story?

Good? Not so much. It's at least been readable and Camel Pimp's dialogue has made up for when the game's normal writing dips down to terrible. But Mary Sues taking over the story is one thing I refuse to put up with. Unless the rest of the story is REALLY drat good, and this game sure as hell doesn't qualify for that.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Were you there for the Dragon Song LP?

Yes. God help me. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
The Dragon Song LP ended right before I registered my account, but even just reading it in the archives was a massive slog.

• Locked thread