Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ranger-man-could-not-explain-x-on-map-where-wife-fell/ar-AAe5xAl

After losing his wife of 12 years to a tragic, mysterious jack mishap while repairing the family car, Harold Henthorn picked up the pieces of his life and remarried. Tragedy struck again on his 12th wedding anniversary when his second wife accidentally fell off a cliff.

He also accidentally marked an "x" on the map at the spot where the fall was to take place.

Poor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm not seeing a blue beard, so everything must be legit

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
that's such bullshit women don't know anything about fixing cars

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
It seems like that's an easy one to lie your way out of, just say that you marked that spot because of the particularly beautiful view that made it the ideal ending point for your romantic anniversary hike.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jim Barris posted:

It seems like that's an easy one to lie your way out of, just say that you marked that spot because of the particularly beautiful view that made it the ideal ending point for your romantic anniversary hike.

Seriously that's the most baffling part of the case. Instead, he lied about the map altogether? Why would you need to lie about having a map in the woods?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Prosecutors also plan to discuss an earlier incident in which a 20-foot beam fell on Toni Henthorn while the couple was working at their mountain cabin in 2011. It hit her in the head and fractured her vertebra. She later told her mother that if she had not bent over, the beam would have killed her.

If it wasn't for your meddling bending over :argh:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Ugh imagine how loving painful of a death it is to have your lazy dipshit no income husband drop a loving car on you.

There's like, no way that isn't a ridiculously painful and fairly slow death. :sigh:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what a poor man, to have accidentally murdered multiple women to satisfy some arbitrary neurosis. i hope his insurance company covers murdered wives and gives him a new one

Titter
Jul 30, 2015

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

Why would you need to lie about having a map in the woods?

For the same reason that trees lie about falling in the woods. For the same reason that bears lie about making GBS threads in the woods.

e: unless there's beat-boxing bears, I might have made a typo.

Titter fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 11, 2015

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
loving opsec 101 is not leaving markings on maps in case you get captured you dumb motherfucker.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

concerned mom posted:

Prosecutors also plan to discuss an earlier incident in which a 20-foot beam fell on Toni Henthorn while the couple was working at their mountain cabin in 2011. It hit her in the head and fractured her vertebra. She later told her mother that if she had not bent over, the beam would have killed her.

If it wasn't for your meddling bending over :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtDdb9Pt_Y

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were just killing themselves in very elaborate ways to push the blame on him. poor man, fooled by the evil gender.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
They found out he lied about giving her CPR because her lipstick was still on perfectly.

quote:

Gunderson said when he interviewed Henthorn, the man gave a "matter-of-fact" account of his wife's death with no emotion. Henthorn told him that a $30,000 diamond was missing from his wife's wedding band. Gunderson said that was unusual. It was the first time family of a deceased person had mentioned lost jewelry and its value.

"Yes my wife is dead, very sad. By the way, her diamond ring valued at $30,000 USD was missing. Please note that in your file, tia :tipshat: "

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Melmac posted:

They found out he lied about giving her CPR because her lipstick was still on perfectly.

"Yes my wife is dead, very sad. By the way, her diamond ring valued at $30,000 USD was missing. Please note that in your file, tia :tipshat: "

"Oh no she's dead!" *notices her ring* "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Drops car on first wife, gets 4.2MM. Gets another wife. Starts really looking forward to Final Destination sequels.

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
sounds like a job for agent mulder and scully op

*dramatic music plays*

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Romes128 posted:

or anything about not dying in accidents it seems!! :banjo:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

What if he's just a sociopath but both wives did actually die in unfortunate accidents?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
The X was from her marking the spot on which she would kill him, but then fell down the cliff in a clumsy tragic accident.
Now the innocent husband will get framed and raped in prison.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
his new wife will be the legal system. perhaps he should've... thought ahead

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

What if he's just a sociopath but both wives did actually die in unfortunate accidents?

Confirmed sociopaths should be put down whether they commit crimes or not, imo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quakster posted:

his new wife will be the legal system. perhaps he should've... thought ahead

She'll never be the head of a major corporation.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The X was from her marking the spot on which she would kill him, but then fell down the cliff in a clumsy tragic accident.
Now the innocent husband will get framed and raped in prison.

Would you say that she...

...took the fall for him?

Titter
Jul 30, 2015

by Ralp
When I get married, if I get sick and tired of his tiresome rear end, I'm gonna start leaving this book lying around so he'll know...

Either that or I'll just straight out start calling him "Mr. Calender", he'll know. He'll know his days are numbered.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

lilljonas posted:

Would you say that she...

...took the fall for him?

Not willingly, but yes.
Now hes gonna take a lot of cocks for her.

Also not willingly, i guess.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This guy is a successful Wile E. Coyote

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Confirmed sociopaths should be put down whether they commit crimes or not, imo.
that statement is sociopathic in itself. sociopathy is a spectrum

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

"Mr. Henthorn, can you tell us exactly what happened?"

"Bitches be trippin', dawg."

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Titter posted:

When I get married, [...] his...

hey hows it gonig

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Would you care to explain this map with an ex and, I quote verbatim here. "This dumb bitch is gonna take the dive of her lifetime" written in red ink?

Nah that's not the map I brought with me. No idea why that maps there. Btw you guys find her ring yet?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He probably just got caught really off guard thinking did he had thought through everything

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quakster posted:

that statement is sociopathic in itself. sociopathy is a spectrum

I never heard that. I was under the impression a sociopath was something you either were or weren't.

Anyway it's not sociopathic to want to protect people from sociopaths.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The man's defense attorney should point out that it's not technically a pattern until his third wife dies.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
This guy has loving terrible game. Henry VIII didn't have to cover that poo poo up because he was the boss.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Also if you were going to push someone off a cliff why mark it on a map? Just find a remote cliff and do it. jfc this guy is a tard.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

l ooks like a nice guy prob innocent

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Romes128 posted:

She better be making a sandwich under that car

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ThePriceIsRight posted:

l ooks like a nice guy prob innocent

Why do killers always have weird tiny faces? Is it having a face too small for one's head that drives them to kill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Applewhite posted:

I never heard that. I was under the impression a sociopath was something you either were or weren't.

Anyway it's not sociopathic to want to protect people from sociopaths.

sociopaths are like ogres if u know what I mean

• Locked thread