Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I know people that are dating and some of them are in an open relationship and Im curious about how that works and what its like but I dont want to ask them because they will think I dont know anything about dating. If you who have been in one of these or know somebody who has then I would be interested to read about the experiences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
im fat

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

a gay

i am

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's cheating but your spouse accepts it

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
It's cool and good. Should probably post this in A/T if you want actual responses beyond "cuck my dilz coolio im gay macchiato"

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Its loving amazing op, reccomend drowning in pussy/cock every day.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
if you're a girl, awesome

if you're a guy, miserable

hth

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
oh, and it usually looks like this:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I like open relationships, not in the sense that I have ever been in one or ever plan to be in one, but because they have been the launchpads for several of the messiest and most hilarious e/n trainwreck threads in the history of this site, and that's saying a lot.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Horniest Manticore posted:

lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
like falling into an endless pit

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
cucked 24/7

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
this thread is so sexy im all hott and bothered now!

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

in my limited experience its p difficult to do without hurting ppls feeling and compromising trust

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

what ab an open relationship where u have two girlfriends that sounds cool

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

it's like a cock buffet

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's like this:

https://data.archive.moe/board/v/image/1441/93/1441932809357.webm

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

a bay posted:

how that works

it doesn't lol

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

if you're a girl, awesome

if you're a guy, miserable

hth

Thats a surprise to me because a lot of girls I know dont like it when their bf talks to other girls

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lies, these people are way too thin to be polyamorous.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Ever since I have moved from Microsoft Windows to open source linux, things couldn't be better. I can do whatever I want and not feel guilty about breaking the relationship rules and regulations that I had with MS.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Those look more like brothers and a sister. Are they?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
idk op, what's it like to ride a unicorn

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
op its when fat ppl want to gently caress other fat ppl

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I had a friend who was into the open relationship thing and she always seemed pretty miserable due to issues with her love life.
I said "had" because I no longer associate with her due to all the drama that was playing out in her life. It was basically an unending stream of "I am so sad because the guy(s) I like aren't treating me the way I want to be treated."

She's attractive and reminds me of Carrie Anne Moss, but she always had such high physical standards when it comes to men that the ones that she'd hook up with that were receptive to her poly-amorous ways were usually huge douchebags that were just using it as an excuse to sleep around.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gabriel Pope posted:

Lies, these people are way too thin to be polyamorous.

Hair color looks too natural as well.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

would if he lost some weight, debatable, wouldn't

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a bay posted:

Thats a surprise to me because a lot of girls I know dont like it when their bf talks to other girls

once it's (")agreed(") that you're in an open relationship, the girl hops aboard the dick train while the guy jacks off at home

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Turmoil posted:

I had a friend who was into the open relationship thing and she always seemed pretty miserable due to issues with her love life.
I said "had" because I no longer associate with her due to all the drama that was playing out in her life. It was basically an unending stream of "I am so sad because the guy(s) I like aren't treating me the way I want to be treated."

She's attractive and reminds me of Carrie Anne Moss, but she always had such high physical standards when it comes to men that the ones that she'd hook up with that were receptive to her poly-amorous ways were usually huge douchebags that were just using it as an excuse to sleep around.

Thats weird because people who arent in relationships and having sex are supposed to be unhappy but it doesnt sound like doing a lot of it makes people happy

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

D-Dog noooo

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Polyamory is dumb and bad. Everyone in portland is into that poo poo.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

once it's (")agreed(") that you're in an open relationship, the girl hops aboard the dick train while the guy jacks off at home

In like every instance of an open relationship that I have been exposed to and participated in, this is exactly what happens; dude will work and be dude like normal, maybe occasionally exploring the benefits, and girl just now has license to go explore the room full of dicks she's always wanted to be in. Girl will still get mad if she isn't given all the attention she craves.

I have, after some time exploring, decided that I love being single and living with my incredibly soft cat.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

tuyop posted:

cuck my dilz coolio im gay macchiato

I laughed entirely too hard at this.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
le red pill

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

tuyop posted:

cuck my dilz coolio im gay macchiato

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's cool if you're both in agreement and you're not super attached

in practice one person (usually the guy, tbh) lies about his feelings to get into the relationship then he gets all jealous and rear end in a top hat-y because in reality he is super loving attached and it never works out

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
It's cool if you're cool. You gotta have a pretty untraditional philosophy of love to make it work. My wife and I are in an open marriage and we're honestly too busy to go swimming in pools of genitals, but it's not a problem when we gently caress other people because who cares? If one of us fell in love with another person, we wouldn't have a problem having them move in and just living that way, or ending the relationship if it came to that because we've had a great life together. If they had a kid with her, I think I would raise it like it was mine if that's what she wanted because I never understood the need to share genetics with children to love them.

Overall, I think there's way more drama and stress in monogamous relationships I've been in than the open relationships. In the latter, you just don't care about the bullshit you're supposed to care about in the former, and in both you basically do what you want anyway. All relationships are open, some are just more full of myths and lies than others.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

At some point maybe we'll abandon the idiot pretenses we come up with for relationships and generally accept that everyone has/is just going to gently caress each other on a whim because drunk/intoxicated horny/bored/wanted to/prostitution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

tuyop posted:

All relationships are open, some are just more full of myths and lies than others.

this is a bit of a silly wash, ya people cheat and there are lots of myths and lies but actually there are people out there who want to be in a relationship with one other person and feel comfortable and happy that way, trust their partner and don't worry about them cheating, because they both want that and want each other

that you had more stress in "closed" relationships than an open one indicates that you are better off in an open one; the same is true in reverse; and there are probably quite a lot of people out there who are confused about just what it is they want and/or need (most likely most people)

• Locked thread