Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

This is the one that gets me every time. It doesn't make you a radical free spirit to know someone that you love but never want to have sex with; all it means is you have discovered "having a good friend". Calling it polyamory is just asinine.

This is what I don't get either. Why the gently caress do these assholes invent all these new terms? Holy poo poo they're dumb and insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

to make it easy, I write up contracts in triplicate (Hehe) for everyone so that we all know whats what and who gets how much sex time and how much eye contact and most importantly the cumming order.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

"The fact is, although love is not a limited resource, and that is the beauty of polyamory, time and attention are limited resources. It's never going to be perfect, and it doesn't make sense for us to idealize the poly lifestyle. It has its downsides. But on the whole, it's worth it."

This paragraph just doesn't compute for me, how can you with a straight face say love is an infinite resource then in the next breath admit that attention and time aren't. Do these people truly believe that investing half the time, energy, and affection into an individual partner than a mono person does is investing the same amount of 'love'?

Yeah but

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
When a gf tells she's starting yoga classes that's the time to break up. Less time investment on me = less love

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The goon who made this should have his name included to ensure he is properly shamed at every opportunity.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Professor Shark posted:

The goon who made this should have his name included to ensure he is properly shamed at every opportunity.

What kind of stuff would you say to shame them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ed gein's culinary side

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

a bay posted:

What kind of stuff would you say to shame them

Nothing, I'd let the diagram speak for itself

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
You should of done that from the beginning

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

a bay posted:

You should of done that from the beginning

Lol his name isn't on it tho, jfc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The two greatest artists of our time, Neil Gaiman and Kanye West, have both espoused the virtues of polyamory. Maybe we're all wrong and they're right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
neil gaiman married amanda palmer

snivell
Sep 9, 2015

watch out, my posts are pretty damn edgy
Open relationships are literally cancer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pick posted:

yes and they are poly and allegedly happy

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

neil gay-man

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Neil Gaiman is pretty terrible and only popular with internet losers

Should have just said Ethan Hawke

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

You conservatives are pathetic!!!! Lol old fashioned much???

Come to the coffee shop where I work. My boyfriend, gf, and side piece make you privy to the intellectual framework underlying my convictions RE: slangin this hot dick around town

Tldr its women's rights you pig

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Pick posted:

Welp that explains why he wants to explore polyamory, then

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

yes and they are poly and allegedly happy

im just saying i don't think i really trust his sex-having decisions

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Professor Shark posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723855&userid=176217

click for a good time to be had by all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mange Mite posted:

anyone talking about their werid alternative relationships should have a popup listing their history of abuse

At this point I just assume anyone who's fat, dyed their hair "Wacky" colours and has poo poo tattoos isn't worth getting to know unless you fancy sitting there while they list off everything that's wrong with them, what's wrong with you and how you should feel bad about it.

• Locked thread