Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I know people that are dating and some of them are in an open relationship and Im curious about how that works and what its like but I dont want to ask them because they will think I dont know anything about dating. If you who have been in one of these or know somebody who has then I would be interested to read about the experiences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Horniest Manticore posted:

if you're a girl, awesome

if you're a guy, miserable

hth

Thats a surprise to me because a lot of girls I know dont like it when their bf talks to other girls

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Turmoil posted:

I had a friend who was into the open relationship thing and she always seemed pretty miserable due to issues with her love life.
I said "had" because I no longer associate with her due to all the drama that was playing out in her life. It was basically an unending stream of "I am so sad because the guy(s) I like aren't treating me the way I want to be treated."

She's attractive and reminds me of Carrie Anne Moss, but she always had such high physical standards when it comes to men that the ones that she'd hook up with that were receptive to her poly-amorous ways were usually huge douchebags that were just using it as an excuse to sleep around.

Thats weird because people who arent in relationships and having sex are supposed to be unhappy but it doesnt sound like doing a lot of it makes people happy

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Do you think she would be ok with it if you have another gf

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
For the guys that dont like open relationships, would you rather be in an open relationship or not in a relationship

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

prolly not gonna work unless you get 1 in a million people.

Isnt that what love is supposed to be though regardless of the sex rules of the relationship

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't really think so. People absolutely do judge and look down on other people for that kind of thing.

Not me

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

That was my point though, if absolutely everyone were onboard with open stuff I could vaguely see it working, but as long as that's not the case then the people in the position to fully monopolize a single partner, (or sleep around themsevles without their partners sleeping around on them) are going to have a higher status than the people who have to share. I think this is partly why when you look at reddit boards on poly (a gold mine of fantastic e/n style posts) it's always guys that are whining about having trouble coping with their gf sleeping around, there's uneven gender standards there and they subconsciously realize being in this situation devalues them socially. It says that they aren't good enough to be one of the guys who has a dedicated girlfriend.

Thats kind of like the Ladder Theory

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

It really isn't

It kind of is dude

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

Oh ok.

No wait, it really isn't.

I think your maybe not clear on what the Ladder Theory is but Google is your friend

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

What I mean is I'm monogamous and do not personally feel like my gf is controlling my genitals. I think trying to turn this into some sort of social equality issue to shame people who aren't comfortable with non-monogamy into something poly or open by implying unless they're willing to they're a misogynist is really gross and I absolutely hate when people make posts that imply that. It's borderline sexual abuse.

I hate when that happens

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

I am. Talking about nebulous notions of "status" is not the same as some creepy sadbrains theory that every woman has an automatic algorithm that sorts men into the friendzone or not.

You cant fool me, you basically said notions of status twice but the second time you called it a creepy sadbrains friendzone algorithm

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
What did frank tell her

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

solaranus posted:

but do you really get a significantly different experience with every dick or vagina?

I want to know this

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
In a STEM major so I dont normally have to deal with libfarts bullshit like analogies

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Monogamous men are the undisputed all time record havers for cheating on your gf

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Nostratic posted:

My best friend and his now-ex-wife tried this for a while. That obviously didn't work out.

But the woman he eventually married shortly after his divorce (one of their gently caress buddies) evidently will pee on his face while he eats her out (he firmly believes it's female ejaculate), so I guess he got what he wanted?

Isnt he right though

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Nice statistics shitface

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Counter point: its better to not be suspicious automatically but more on a case by case badis

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Professor Shark posted:

The goon who made this should have his name included to ensure he is properly shamed at every opportunity.

What kind of stuff would you say to shame them

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
You should of done that from the beginning

• Locked thread