Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angelklaine
Jun 10, 2015

Servant of Ruth and master of none.
My dog is pretty dumb. Not sure if that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veggiebacon
Jul 14, 2015

We had a German Shepard when I was a baby that was dumb as hell, but a great dog for a family with little kids.

He used to chase butterflies in the back yard. The butterflies would fly over the brick wall. Tonto would run full speed, face first into the brick wall, then look around like he was trying to figure out who hit him. This happened on a regular basis.

He wasn't neutered. One day my mom heard this horrible crying sound. She came into the room to find Tonto laying there howling while my sister (still in diapers at the time) was standing on his nuts. He didn't snap or try to move, just laid there and took it.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

angelklaine posted:

My dog is pretty dumb. Not sure if that counts.

Post a pic of the dumb dog

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

veggiebacon posted:

We had a German Shepard when I was a baby that was dumb as hell, but a great dog for a family with little kids.

He used to chase butterflies in the back yard. The butterflies would fly over the brick wall. Tonto would run full speed, face first into the brick wall, then look around like he was trying to figure out who hit him. This happened on a regular basis.

He wasn't neutered. One day my mom heard this horrible crying sound. She came into the room to find Tonto laying there howling while my sister (still in diapers at the time) was standing on his nuts. He didn't snap or try to move, just laid there and took it.

Aww lol what a sweetheart :3:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
There are two Bouvier des Flandres that board with my clinic and they are the stupidest dogs I've ever met. It's not just the breed, we have some well bred ones that come in for vaccines that are very well behaved and do lots of events and showing.

No, these dogs are just stupid. The only things they do are bounce up and down and bark hysterically for hours if they see another dog or repeatedly poo poo and piss and then dance in it, repeat over and over until they leave. They're disgusting and incapable of doing anything but bark or wallow in their own filth. Most dogs who aren't ancient and senile tend to avoid their own poo poo and piss but oh no, to these Bouviers it's a goddamn nasty party.

Actually I remembered another dog that's not so much stupid as he probably is incurably neurotic. He's a totally beautiful Belgian Malinois and his sole goal in life is to jump as high as he can and snap wildly until he has his leash in his mouth and then tug as hard as he can. We have to have his elderly owner pull into our fenced yard and usually it takes two techs to haul him in while he's foaming at the mouth and snapping at our faces and or hauling at the leash like a crazed beast. His last visit we were only able to do an exam and vaccines after he'd been muzzled and hyper-ventilated so hard he nearly passed out. It's like the only switches in his brain are GRAB LEASH, TUG LEASH, GO INSANE, REPEAT UNTIL DEAD.

empty sea fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 22, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

HungryMedusa posted:

Not sure this counts, because the really stupid one is the breeder, but who wants to buy an x-thousand dollar dog who lives for 3 years tops? Stupidity everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/Toadline

What the hell is this? It's like if a pog came to life and decided to be a dog breeder.

ED-E My Love
Feb 26, 2014

The cutest lil' eyebot in the Wasteland

empty sea posted:

Actually I remembered another dog that's not so much stupid as he probably is incurably neurotic. He's a totally beautiful Belgian Malinois and his sole goal in life is to jump as high as he can and snap wildly until he has his leash in his mouth and then tug as hard as he can. We have to have his elderly owner pull into our fenced yard and usually it takes two techs to haul him in while he's foaming at the mouth and snapping at our faces and or hauling at the leash like a crazed beast. His last visit we were only able to do an exam and vaccines after he'd been muzzled and hyper-ventilated so hard he nearly passed out. It's like the only switches in his brain are GRAB LEASH, TUG LEASH, GO INSANE, REPEAT UNTIL DEAD.

Yeah this dog is legit crazy and no elderly person should ever own a Malinois. Poor dog. :(

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm changing my vote from Bassets to Beagles.

We have one that comes into day camp. The other day, she was apparently sneak-eating all the poo poo she could, which is easy when it's mostly tinydogs and there are 15 other dogs to distract the person watching. So she spent the day gobbling as much poo poo as she could sneak, then threw it up all over one of the dogs beds. And tried to re-eat it while I was trying to no vomit and haul the bed out to the relief room.

So yeah, Beagles are dumb and disgusting.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Hounds are smart. They just prioritize their wants and usually end up getting it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Why do their wants include eating the same turd multiple times?

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k79frpuZs1M

:3:

sockingtonsworth
Dec 17, 2013

I rescued (what we think is) a pure bread coonhound and.. She is without a doubt the dumbest/silliest dog I've ever been in contact with. She's a confused pup

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Okay, so the consensus seems to be that hounds are the dumbest dog

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Okay, so the consensus seems to be that hounds are the dumbest dog

I'm rethinking my position. I saw a year-old Golden shove her head through a hole in the side of a plastic playscape and just stand there, happily stuck until I helped her out.

But yeah, hounds in general, are probably among the dumbest, with young Retrievers running second.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My hound is smart. He will let me know when he's actively disobeying me.

Submarine Sandpaper fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 4, 2016

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Beagles. I have never met an intelligent beagle.

I miss mine. It was a bit thick, but a great dog.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
Any retriever.

All of them.

gently caress YO FETCH

(they literally do not seem to care who they bring stuff to, for the most part, so long as SOMEONE is cooing that oh yes, yes, that is a thing you have in your mouth, it sure is!!!)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Mr. Wookums posted:

My hound is smart. He will let me know when he's actively disobeying me.

That is an amazing troll-face :3:

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Callipygian Weasel posted:

Any retriever.

All of them.

gently caress YO FETCH

(they literally do not seem to care who they bring stuff to, for the most part, so long as SOMEONE is cooing that oh yes, yes, that is a thing you have in your mouth, it sure is!!!)

They don't care what thy're asking you to throw, either. It could be a wad of dog hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Sorry, wrong thread.

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 23, 2016

• Locked thread