Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

quote:

Autism Speaks is an autism advocacy organization in the United States

Why the gently caress is this allowed? Autism is a bad thing, why are they advocating for it? We need less autism not more what the hell man

Our country is going down the shitter. Maybe that Trump guy can fix things...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Autism Speaks but won't shut up about model trains

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I wouldn't be allowed to advocate wife beating, so how is this any different. TELL ME

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
are you guys loving gay? like everyone who would ever read this stupid poo poo?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
idk the details of why but a lot of spergs really hate that group

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

autism doesn't speak, it yells

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
not reading that, op

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Autism screams out "Weed Poop" for all to hear

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

a real jerk posted:

I wouldn't be allowed to advocate wife beating, so how is this any different. TELL ME
what if your wife were autistic and having a meltdown

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
#tardpride

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Gazpacho posted:

what if your wife were autistic and having a meltdown

depends if it was a nice meltdown?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
lmao, autism is speaking in this thread right now if you get what im saying

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I thought one of the main indicators of actual autism was inability or refusal to speak and withdrawal into the self

seems insensitive and problematic

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought Autists don't speak, they Shrug???

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ROFLburger posted:

lmao, autism is speaking in this thread right now if you get what im saying

:vince:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

quote:

- Autism Speaks does not have a single autistic member on their board.

- Autism Speaks only spends 4% of their budget on “family services”.

- Much of Autism Speaks’ money goes toward research, and much of that research centers on finding a way to eliminate autism, and thus, autistics (which will likely be done through a prenatal test, in the same way that the Down’s Syndrome test is conducted).

- Autism Speaks produces advertisments, small films, etc. about what a burden autistic people are to society.

- Autism Speaks was responsible for “Autism Every Day”, which featured a member of their board talking about contemplating murder-suicide of her daughter in front of her daughter. This has now be removed from Autism Speaks’ Youtube channel.

- Autism Speaks is responsible for the atrocity known as “I am Autism”, a short film produced by the same person who directed the 3rd Harry Potter movie (yes, really) and features an ominous voice saying things like “I am autism…I know where you live…I work faster than pediatric AIDS, cancer, and diabetes combined…I will make sure your marriage fails.”

looks like these folks are on your side op

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

hm I seem to have misjudged them

but seriously if you've interacted with an autist how could you defend them? they deserve to be wiped from the gene pool

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

autism is very good, i'm glad it's getting a better rap.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

and Rohan will answer

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
autism can count pennies real good but cant wash the dishes for poo poo

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Autism Wails Banshee-Like And Shoves Dead Leaves Into Its Own Mouth

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Thus Spoke Zarabazinga

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Verily I Shat posted:

Thus Spoke Zarabazinga

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

a real jerk posted:

Why the gently caress is this allowed? Autism is a bad thing, why are they advocating for it? We need less autism not more what the hell man

Our country is going down the shitter. Maybe that Trump guy can fix things...

Yeah, autism speaks. Right after you hit the "Post" button.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Autism is still learning how to sit, stay, and roll over

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Autism doesn't speak it spergs.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
*Is terrified of everyday concepts such as putting clothes on*

TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS CHOOO CHOOO!!!!

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Oprah should invite a bunch of aspergers kids on one day and give em all trains.

A train for YOU!

Annnnnd a train for YOU!

Guess what a train for you TOO!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Oprah should invite a bunch of aspergers kids on one day and give em all trains.

A train for YOU!

Annnnnd a train for YOU!

Guess what a train for you TOO!

I think minecraft would be easier.

Honestly I'd rather have them go on Maury because he'd subject them to things they hate and they would freak out.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Al Borland posted:

I think minecraft would be easier.

They all have it already, maybe Train Simulator and all the DLC? Sound like a good compromise?

If we're going freakshow it we need to go whole hog and just do Jerry.

Maybe Fear Factor? Walk out on that ledge and you get that sweet 1800's steam locomotive.

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 12, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
non-genetic autism is just being out of your element. narcissists get their understanding of kids from fiction and force their children into insane garbage situations. my own mom, looking for a culture to be a part of, dragged me to dog shows, adult fan of lego events, crackpot psychiatrists for over a decade and i got diagnosed with aspergers, when all she needed was a good man and all i needed was to take a good dump

if i ever so much as catch a whiff of a narcissist ever again, two hours later every news outlet will be writing stories about a weird finnish man murdering hundreds of people with his bare hands

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AbbadonOfHell posted:

They all have it already, maybe Train Simulator and all the DLC? Sound like a good compromise?

If we're going freakshow it we need to go whole hog and just do Jerry.

Maybe Fear Factor? Walk out on that ledge and you get that sweet 1800's steam locomotive.

oh my god fear factor would be great.

Put their train set at the end of like a room filled with mirrors or loud noises.
Make them take a shower with one lousy faucet that is hard to get to their ideal temperature. (see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Uaap4TOkk )

The possibilities of things you could make them do that normal people would have no issues with are amazing.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Al Borland posted:

oh my god fear factor would be great.

Put their train set at the end of like a room filled with mirrors or loud noises.
Make them take a shower with one lousy faucet that is hard to get to their ideal temperature. (see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Uaap4TOkk )

The possibilities of things you could make them do that normal people would have no issues with are amazing.

Could we get Doug Stanhope instead of Joe Rogan? I just think he'd gently caress with em in a lot funnier way.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i've also met kids with real autism

:smith:

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Gazpacho posted:

looks like these folks are on your side op

The fact that the US Federal and State governments works with and respect Autism Speaks at all is proof that lawmakers only read the titles and summaries of the documents that they sign.

Edit: Autism Every Day

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
pretty sure autism doesn't speak

quakster posted:

i've also met kids with real autism

:smith:

Why would you do that ?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

unpacked robinhood posted:

pretty sure autism doesn't speak

Why would you do that ?

maybe he was euthanising them?

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
Real autism is pretty sad. :smith:

Self diagnosed autism is. :munch:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

Why would you do that ?
my mom dragged me into some weird situations. pretty sure you'd need mulder & scully or walter bishop to figure out what was up with some of that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Autism jobs:
1 - Doing rubiks cube fast

Seriously thats all they can be employed as

• Locked thread