Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'll wait for BB2: Chaos Edition where they fix everything in 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
You mean Sigmar Edition, getting rid of some old teams to make room for new rosters based on GW's wildly popular update of the dilapidated Fantasy setting.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

cKnoor posted:

MHI has 4 min turns, aging turned off and we allow all teams even if they are not fresh. <-- Those are literally all the options available to a league btw.

4 minute turns? Guess I'll play the normal leagues then - I'm too used to 2 minutes. I can understand it for a newbie league though.

You can't ban teams? Dwarfs for example. Ugh.

Can you do a tournament of your friends only? Can you do invite only?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Whelp, this thread just reminded me to pick this up. I played quite a bit of the original but never had time for goon leagues. Now I should have the time and I want pretty graphics.

Edit: Torn if I should pick Wood elves or Lizardmen. I hate Woodelves well...... when I am playing against them that is.

Raged fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 13, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Coffeehitler posted:

Yeah no poo poo, when your favorite team has poo poo bugs for the games entire duration you can get pretty sick of it (Vampires). Unless my favorite teams are added this is totally a no go for me, and the fact that they are going to make poo poo DLC for this ded ez game is just infuriating. My dream was to have league control to the point where you could build custom races or add house rules, instead nope!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Coffeehitler posted:

This. God, what a disappointment. Back to fumbll.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Whelp.....

Bought it, Downloaded it, booted it up and asked for a Steam refund 10 min later.

Sure I can run it at max resolution 1920x1080but my lappy could barley put out 11 FPS at the main menu(even thought it runs BF4 perfectly fine). Lower the resolution to 1600x900 and I am stuck with a tiny window. Surely there is a graphic option that puts me into fullscreen. Click on graphic options and start laughing that there are more graphic options on most PS4 games. Check forums and find a developer post that says the game only supports fullscreen at max resolution. Laugh some more and put in for refund.

In 30 years I don't think I can ever remember a game that did not allow you to run the game in non native full screen. What a joke of a developer.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So a a friend of mine just bought it and I watched him play a round via streaming. First impression is that the UI is somewhat lacking and the camera is annoyingly hyperactive. Oh, and also way too many dwarf teams. gently caress dwarves forever. Literally any other team would have been a better and more fun choice to include in the beta.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 13, 2015

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Raged posted:

Whelp.....

Bought it, Downloaded it, booted it up and asked for a Steam refund 10 min later.

Sure I can run it at max resolution 1920x1080but my lappy could barley put out 11 FPS at the main menu(even thought it runs BF4 perfectly fine). Lower the resolution to 1600x900 and I am stuck with a tiny window. Surely there is a graphic option that puts me into fullscreen. Click on graphic options and start laughing that there are more graphic options on most PS4 games. Check forums and find a developer post that says the game only supports fullscreen at max resolution. Laugh some more and put in for refund.

In 30 years I don't think I can ever remember a game that did not allow you to run the game in non native full screen. What a joke of a developer.

I had to go into the Nvidia control panel and force it to actually use my graphics card. It's stupid that you have to go outside of the game to make it play not like poo poo even on the main menu, but it can be worked around.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I've also noticed you can't see what individual players' values are. It's just added up. So you can't see where you have TV bloat.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I just tried the game on a friend's account with a new team (ork). Man I smacked a rookie skaven coach so hard he decided to give up on his team and skaven as a whole :( . I really love the looks of the game, I'll be totally buying it as soon as I get the chance.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Comstar posted:

4 minute turns? Guess I'll play the normal leagues then - I'm too used to 2 minutes. I can understand it for a newbie league though.

You can just not use up all the time if you finish your turn early.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Holy poo poo, you can replace the pitch with concrete pavement! It's a +1 to armour rolls if you trip when going for it. That's right, gently caress you, Skaven.

How many stadium levels before you get a second enhancement? I need that beer tent.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 14, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Seems like some of the skill prompts are context-sensitive in BB2. I had a ball carrying, orc thrower 2 tiles from out of bounds. When he was pushed, it asked if I wanted to use dodge or not. That's kind of cool. I was initially bummed out that it didn't let you turn prompts on or off in the settings, but if they're smart like that, I guess it works out.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I see a lot of folks loathe playing against dwarves. What are some decent ways to actually beat them with a physical team like Orks?

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Talmonis posted:

I see a lot of folks loathe playing against dwarves. What are some decent ways to actually beat them with a physical team like Orks?

Get up to the higher TV values and you can kick the crap out of them. Dwarves can't move around the pitch very well at all. Pretty much everyone in the game moves faster than them. So use your passer and get the ball down the pitch! Blitzers don't just make great punchers, but they can carry the ball well as well. And once your black orcs get some skills on them, you will not lose the strength game because dwarves are all St3.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Talmonis posted:

Most people hate playing against dwarfs because they are popular and anyone who knows how to use them right will always play the same way.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
Dwarves start with lots of cool skills. In a normal team, if you have a lvl 2 guy, he`s the block guard guy maybe something else. In dwarven teams he`s the block, tackle, thick skull, guard and mighty blow guy. And with AV9 they are not getting out of play any time soon. Its kinda hard for a newbie to pass all those juicy skills over. (Im just starting to get over them myself)

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Does anyone know how BB2 handles asking for skill usage? I remember in Chaos Edition there was a list of skills in the settings that you could individually set to ask or always use, but I wasn't able to find anything like that in BB2. May hold off on piling on for now.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Iretep posted:

Most people hate playing against dwarfs because they are popular and anyone who knows how to use them right will always play the same way.

It's when you see a deathroller that you better watch out. Because then you're playing a funhaver. And funhavers are favored by Nuffle.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

After playing orcs for a while i'm trying out skaven and they're a lot of fun. I'm still losing like every game but they can threaten the goal basically immediately upon the ball being free. Problem was I ended up against orcs whose blitzers are very capable of running me down and pasting me, i had 7/11 players off the pitch very quickly.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

In terms of improvements I feel like its nicer presented and the online seems simpler although I could be wrong since I didnt play much of it in BB1.

I'd really like some mechanism to play quicker games though, being able to give multiple move orders at once would be nice and so a faster way of positioning your team at the kickoff. Watching every action plus block cutscenes easily doubles the game time and I usually start to feel like its gone on too long around turn 10-12.
Its my main caveat for friends I want to get this game

I'd also be up for shaving turns per side to 6 or so in custom leagues but I get that this would imbalance fast teams.

Orv
May 4, 2011
BB1 had a thing for faster BB games, it was the real time mode and it was basically the worst thing. It's just something that comes with the territory unfortunately, but you can alleviate some of it by having cutscenes off in the options. Not much, really, but it shaves off a bit.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah I don't want real time, there just must be some way they could shave some more time off, I'm having a lot of fun games where its like "jesus christ its only turn 4"
I guess the game isn't really made for it but with the progression it seems geared towards short, snappy games at least in videogame form.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Yeah I don't want real time, there just must be some way they could shave some more time off, I'm having a lot of fun games where its like "jesus christ its only turn 4"
I guess the game isn't really made for it but with the progression it seems geared towards short, snappy games at least in videogame form.

I have the opposite reaction.

"OH poo poo IT'S TURN 7 GET IN SCORING POSITION!"

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
You can turn off the animations in the options menu. It show remove the hit slow mo cam and just show the action taking place.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

You can turn off the animations in the options menu. It show remove the hit slow mo cam and just show the action taking place.

But it'd be nice to keep the cam for injuries.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bruceski posted:

But it'd be nice to keep the cam for injuries.

Unless you just really want the animations, it'll always inform you in big old impact graphics of any injuries.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Sokani posted:

Does anyone know how BB2 handles asking for skill usage? I remember in Chaos Edition there was a list of skills in the settings that you could individually set to ask or always use, but I wasn't able to find anything like that in BB2. May hold off on piling on for now.

I haven't tried piling on yet, but I have wrestle, and it always asks.

And like I posted earlier, the skills seem to be context sensitive to ask when your input is important. Dodge is normally used automatically, but it asks when you're at the two outer most tiles of the pitch.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 15, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Orv posted:

Unless you just really want the animations, it'll always inform you in big old impact graphics of any injuries.

The animations are one of the nicest things in BB2, and injuries are so rare that they'd remain fresh AND not bog down the game. Also, is Pass Block really not in?

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Been having loads of fun with my dwarf team. Losing to one turn touchdowns from skaven, beating up orcs and my troll slayers cursed to die every match. Would be very interested in a goon league if one ever pops up.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I heard that all but the DLC races were going to be added this week from a twitch steamer on his channel.

Anyone know if that is actually happening ?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I'm kinda pessimistic about this to be honest. The UI does look quite slick and modern, but there are enough sticking points to make me want to hold off (the really questionable placement of the End Turn button, no grid, no floating player names/positions). And it's greatly dependent on what the DLC model looks like and how quickly they'll release the other 16 or however many races. And single-player only lets you play as the one human team, can that be true?

BB:CE is by no means perfect, but at least it's a complete game. I just don't get why people would move to a game with a fraction of the number of races and with some pretty big things missing (Pass Block?) just because it's newer and looks nicer. And I just get this sneaking suspicion that we're looking at a $45 base game with new teams running :10bux: a pop.

Then again I'm also really new to Blood Bowl with only about 20 hours in BB:CE, and have never actually played against another person, so most of my concerns are probably unfounded, I dunno :shrug:

Edit: is Fumbbl actually like... good? I've been looking at it over the past couple days... which sees more play, FUMBBL or BB:CE-soon-to-be-BB2?

Drone fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 15, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Fumbbl for sure sees more play, but a lot of people still like CE because it's pretty. And in fumbbl there are literally no bugs, people can't ragequit or your account will be banned, and they have all the teams and even a lot of new made up ones, and special custom leagues with those teams (like the stunty league that only allows new specially modified stunty teams!).

I also see no reason to buy or play this game, it's going to be a lovely buggy mess, the AI is still going to suck balls, and they are not even releasing a fixed league system. At the very least they should have released it with all the races, and add ones like brittionans, slann, etc as DLC.

Washout fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 15, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Fumbbl's always got 50-100 coaches online, most of the time I've been able to find someone to play in Ranked, there always seems to be matches going on in BlackBox (where you don't get to pick your opponent, and therefore the home to CPOMB fuckers). It's ugly as sin and runs on Java so my browser says I'm taking my life in my hands every match, but it's got the stars, it's got some cards, you can run it on a notebook.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I got Legendary Edition on sale, but didn't buy Chaos, Dark Elf or the original edition. I still feel like I've given too much money to Cyanide.

Fumbbl is p loving good though.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

OKAY EVERYONE TELL THEIR FAVORITE FUMBBL STORIES!!

My first game ever on fumbbl was against another goon, with a shitload of other goons watching for some reason. I think I was a little popular at the time because I created the CE league and stuff. Anyway I make a vampire team with 2 vamps and agree to play a tv 3500 chaos dwarf team, I have enough cash for von carstin and a shitload of other stuff! This joke game where he was going to beat the poo poo out of my team got completely turned around when Von Carstin just went totally apeshit on his team and killed a level 5 cmbpo dwarf in the first or second turn, and then kills a bull centaur for good measure late in the match.

I lost the game, but I think I only lost 2-1.

Since then I've leveled at least 6 or 7 vampire teams over 2500 tv trying to get a str 5 vampire but it's just never happened. :( Also Vampires are so fiddly to play with all the extra mouse clicks to mesmerize people that I don't have fun playing them anymore really.

Washout fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 15, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Drone posted:

I'm kinda pessimistic about this to be honest. The UI does look quite slick and modern, but there are enough sticking points to make me want to hold off (the really questionable placement of the End Turn button, no grid, no floating player names/positions). And it's greatly dependent on what the DLC model looks like and how quickly they'll release the other 16 or however many races. And single-player only lets you play as the one human team, can that be true?
(...)

I'd just like to point out that there is a tackle-zone grid. It pops up when you select a player. It would be better if it was on permanently, but at least it's visible when you move guys. There's line markers too. It's not as good as seeing every tile in a grid, but well... it's something.

Wow, I grabbed the image from the first stream that popped up and didn't look at what was going on. The Skaven player is proper hosed.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 15, 2015

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Like realistically pass block is probably the highest ratio of easy/hard to implement so it's probably just not in the game yet

And even if cyanide just says "Pass Block is not a thing anymore" I don't think I've ever taken it as a skill anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

GNU Order posted:

Like realistically pass block is probably the highest ratio of easy/hard to implement so it's probably just not in the game yet

And even if cyanide just says "Pass Block is not a thing anymore" I don't think I've ever taken it as a skill anyway

I was going to say that I'm pretty sure Slann have players who start with it, but Cyanide will never put froggies in this game. :(

• Locked thread