Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Like seriously the time your body needs rest the most your throat is like I'm going to get extra scratchy right as you lay down, your body is like this bed I sleep on everyday suddenly makes all my joints achy, your skin is like I'm super cold j/k now I'm covered in sweat, and your brain is like I think right now would be the best possible time to vividly imagine all sorts of things that are impossible not to focus on.

You'd think evolution would have come up with some sort internal knockout drug for when you need to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

VitaminC

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nyquil and/or alcohol to "burn off the cold"

jfc amateur hour here lol

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

nope instead it came up w fatal familial insomnia suck it darwin a monkey lmbo ill evolve some sleep then

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

Both your suggestions are more or less the same. The reason they are bad ideas is because alcohol disrupts your bodies ability to sleep deeply, so basically yes you do knock yourself out a bit but you wake up about as well rested as if you didn't sleep at all.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

no. you need to drink a lot of it dumbass you should black out if u wake up with pee in the bed ur golden (shower)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Both your suggestions are more or less the same. The reason they are bad ideas is because alcohol disrupts your bodies ability to sleep deeply, so basically yes you do knock yourself out a bit but you wake up about as well rested as if you didn't sleep at all.

NERD

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Get well soon op

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Vodka enema

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i always get really horny when im running a fever so i wind up yanking it way more often than i thought was possible. guess im just a natural bug spreader.

anyone else like me? dont be shy

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Professor Shark posted:

Get one of those television thingos to distract you from being sick.

Drink tea and honey.
Don't smash down pseudo cold tabs.
Get nighttime cold tabs that make you sleep.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Moonshine mixed with sugar bro. None of that pussy applepie poo poo either, you want white lightning.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Agreedo. Came down with a sore throat and what seems to be a cold. It would be gone already if I could rest properly.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you clearly arent taking the right medicine.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Opium, will help with the cough/scratchy throat and make you sleepy.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

all you have to do is go to the doctor and say that your coughing/sore throat is keeping you up all night and that OTC poo poo isn't working, and he'll send you home with a script for some opiate laden cough syrup which will be a lot of fun especially after you get better

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Doctor Schnabel posted:

i always get really horny when im running a fever so i wind up yanking it way more often than i thought was possible. guess im just a natural bug spreader.

i like you

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Opium, will help with the cough/scratchy throat and make you sleepy.

officer im treating my cold

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Sunshine and cold and flu. And fresh fruit. These are my secrets to get over hiv and/or aids

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

its not about actually fixing the problem its about escaping from it and the rest of your lovely wreck of a life for a few hours

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

smoke a bunch of pot and slam back a few beers. this legit works I do it every time I get sick.

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
Drink warm beer or eat onion lain-in sugar. And go to bed, op.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Professor Shark posted:

Holy poo poo seriously, has this guy never been sick before

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan posted:

its not about actually fixing the problem its about escaping from it and the rest of your lovely wreck of a life for a few hours

yeah nothing kills a cold but time, best to experience as little of that time as possible

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I've just been drinking lots of tea mostly, it's nice on the throat.

I got some decent sleep, went to bed at like 9 and woke up every few hours up until like 4 or so, where I really couldn't fall back asleep and posted this thread, but then after I posted this thread and had some tea, I went back to sleep for a couple hours and here we are.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 12, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
human being

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Just jump in an animal grade wood chipper

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ArbitraryC posted:

I've just been drinking lots of tea mostly, it's nice on the throat.

Make that next tea a long island and see how much better you feel.

Also instead of a dash of cola just use a dash of nyquil

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Now i'm kind of hungry but don't know what to eat, thinking of wandering over to the 7-11 and snagging breakfast taquitos.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Verily I Shat posted:

Just jump in an animal grade wood chipper

those are renderers you ignoramus

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
eat poison and soon you won't even be sick either

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

ArbitraryC posted:

Now i'm kind of hungry but don't know what to eat, thinking of wandering over to the 7-11 and snagging breakfast taquitos.

You're sick because you don't take care of your body

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Also Jesus loving Christ at goons who drink when they're sick what the gently caress

naem
May 29, 2011

NyQuil as long as you can sleep the next 15 hours and wake up convinced you are a walrus

naem
May 29, 2011

NyQuil to pass out, DayQuil liquicaps to jolt yourself awake because you don't have any sick days left, up down up down ride the snake

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Toadvine posted:

Also Jesus loving Christ at goons who drink when they're sick what the gently caress

Well, you're sitting around in your pajamas all day with nothing to do, so you might as well get drunk.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you haven't been in a state of half-consciousness, lying in terrible pain and experiencing soul-crushing fever dreams about being an astronaut floating in the middle of the nowhere for 12+ hours straight, you haven't lived

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Doctor Schnabel posted:

That is because your autonomic body systems are in a heightened state so it feels better.

Who the gently caress can't sleep when they are sick, that is also a basic function of our bodies. The op is nuts.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 12, 2015

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

ArbitraryC posted:

Like seriously the time your body needs rest the most your throat is like I'm going to get extra scratchy right as you lay down, your body is like this bed I sleep on everyday suddenly makes all my joints achy, your skin is like I'm super cold j/k now I'm covered in sweat, and your brain is like I think right now would be the best possible time to vividly imagine all sorts of things that are impossible not to focus on.

You'd think evolution would have come up with some sort internal knockout drug for when you need to sleep.

every time I try to sleep while sick I end up in this strange half-sleep where i'm absolutely convinced that I need to do some physical action in order to fall asleep, like I need to push myself up a little bit with my left arm every five minutes, or (and this is actually way worse) that I need to wait for a rock to move across a finish line. let me tell you rocks aren't known for being loving ambulatory but tell that to me when i've got a fever and half asleep and i'll fight you on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
last time i got sick i ended up downloading and sorta-watching the entirety of yes minister. was an ok show to watch while sick, a significantly less surreal experience than back in 2001 when my whole family got a nasty flu and all i could do was spend the entire week reading reader's digest's weird story collection. that book made it tolerable but didn't really help with the fever dreams, no

• Locked thread