Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Like seriously the time your body needs rest the most your throat is like I'm going to get extra scratchy right as you lay down, your body is like this bed I sleep on everyday suddenly makes all my joints achy, your skin is like I'm super cold j/k now I'm covered in sweat, and your brain is like I think right now would be the best possible time to vividly imagine all sorts of things that are impossible not to focus on.

You'd think evolution would have come up with some sort internal knockout drug for when you need to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

Nyquil and/or alcohol to "burn off the cold"

jfc amateur hour here lol
Both your suggestions are more or less the same. The reason they are bad ideas is because alcohol disrupts your bodies ability to sleep deeply, so basically yes you do knock yourself out a bit but you wake up about as well rested as if you didn't sleep at all.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I've just been drinking lots of tea mostly, it's nice on the throat.

I got some decent sleep, went to bed at like 9 and woke up every few hours up until like 4 or so, where I really couldn't fall back asleep and posted this thread, but then after I posted this thread and had some tea, I went back to sleep for a couple hours and here we are.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 12, 2015

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Now i'm kind of hungry but don't know what to eat, thinking of wandering over to the 7-11 and snagging breakfast taquitos.

• Locked thread