Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Moved into new house this month. Neighbor's yard is kinda messy. Oh it's all tools and ladders and cinder blocks and poo poo I wonder what's up with that.

First conversation with her she uses the phrases "neighbors gotta stick together" and "when the grid goes down." Then I notice the paved area between our houses is actually a bunker.

I can't figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing, cause she was definitely making it sound like a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Probably doesn't matter.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Sneak into the bunker and eat all the canned stew.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i'm guessing no but is she attractive? someone you'd wanna repopulate the planet with post-ww3? if so get in on the crazy :pervert:

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Start acting more and more paranoid and let her know that they are starting to monitor all your conversations and its not safe. Then just start doing crazy poo poo all the time for shits and giggles. This is a great opportunity you have to gently caress with someone and I envy you for it.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
If you want to date her, Just tell her you need help making candles out of hollowed out lemons using bacon grease and natural plant fiber wicks.

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.
Earlier this week I was to meet my friend at Tim Hortons, but I decided to meet him closer to his house. There was like one guy in there, and his table was covered in books. I went up to him and asked him for directions, and then instead of giving me directions, he told me about how the world was going to end in like 20 days. He also had like two dozen books laid out on this Tim Hortons desk.
How do people get like this?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
when push comes to shove she will resort to cannibalism

remember that

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Feranon posted:

i'm guessing no but is she attractive? someone you'd wanna repopulate the planet with post-ww3? if so get in on the crazy :pervert:

she is very much postmenopause

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

Stik3 posted:

Earlier this week I was to meet my friend at Tim Hortons, but I decided to meet him closer to his house. There was like one guy in there, and his table was covered in books. I went up to him and asked him for directions, and then instead of giving me directions, he told me about how the world was going to end in like 20 days. He also had like two dozen books laid out on this Tim Hortons desk.
How do people get like this?

Depression hits some people so hard that they hope that the world, and society itself will change, because that would be easier then changing themselves.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The apocalypse would give meaning to an increasingly inconsequential modern world. I get it and all, but some people just mix that up with actual expectations and hopes. It's weird.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
why did you willingly buy a house in a white trash neighborhood? are you white trash? a hipster?

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The apocalypse would give meaning to an increasingly inconsequential modern world. I get it and all, but some people just mix that up with actual expectations and hopes. It's weird.

When your family genetics has been picking veggies for 50000 years, and then one generation that no longer is a useful skill, and that being a cashier doesn't bring you any form of happiness, dreaming of an end to tech makes a lot of sense.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
they'll probably shoot you for for toilet paper, make sure they know you're a muslim and wipe with a stone

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

why did you willingly buy a house in a white trash neighborhood? are you white trash? a hipster?

It's actually a really nice area. She's just the one weirdo who's been here for 20 years.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

fill up her bunker with your farts

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Honestly it's a harmless.

Someone who (probably) wastes money on prepping is smarter than someone who wastes an equal amount of money on cars, too much house, overpriced fake fancy made in China furniture, etc.

Plus there is the chance it's not a total waste. Even if their ultimate Mad Max nightmare/fantasy never happens, natural disasters do and so do black-outs.

I think at a minimum every responsible adult should do minor prepping - just like it's smart to have a few months expenses in an emergency fund, it's smart to have a couple of fire-arms and some ammo, some clean water, some non-perishable food items, etc. I wouldn't recommend preparing for doomsday however, 99.99% probability of being a waste of time, plus even if Doomsday happens you're still gonna die. Someone will eventually put 2 and 2 together and come looking for your stash. The best prepping for Doomsday is physical fitness, marksmanship, and being mentally OK with becoming a merciless savage in order to survive.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The dangerous thing about doomsday preppers and also hippies is that they have given up on the society that we all require in order to survive.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Give him some jars of pickles as a gift. He will maybe be a good neighbour you never know.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

Honestly it's a harmless.

Someone who (probably) wastes money on prepping is smarter than someone who wastes an equal amount of money on cars, too much house, overpriced fake fancy made in China furniture, etc.

Plus there is the chance it's not a total waste. Even if their ultimate Mad Max nightmare/fantasy never happens, natural disasters do and so do black-outs.

I think at a minimum every responsible adult should do minor prepping - just like it's smart to have a few months expenses in an emergency fund, it's smart to have a couple of fire-arms and some ammo, some clean water, some non-perishable food items, etc. I wouldn't recommend preparing for doomsday however, 99.99% probability of being a waste of time, plus even if Doomsday happens you're still gonna die. Someone will eventually put 2 and 2 together and come looking for your stash. The best prepping for Doomsday is physical fitness, marksmanship, and being mentally OK with becoming a merciless savage in order to survive.

Yeah I'm not honestly worried about her but I thought it was funny hearing "when the grid goes down" said in total seriousness.

I knew some Y2K preppers where I used to live. They had a bunker and their daughters had all sorts of combat training. I've always wondered how disappointed they were when society didn't actually collapse.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Give him some jars of pickles as a gift. He will maybe be a good neighbour you never know.

I made some jars of real good pickles that cost basically nothing and are tasty so I would make those and give her some, and then after you can eat some of the pickles you made and watch TV or something

hth

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Buy an air raid siren and set it off at 3 am

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Just stay on her good side op

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
learn all her plans and then make plans to murder her and horde it for yourself when the fires start, op

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Im not a prepper.

I have a bunch of camping gear, emergency food, 3gal of potable water, and 8 gallons of utility water.

If someone catastrophic happened in Portland I would be just fine.

If you own a bunker, a cache of weapons, and you conduct readiness drills, you are dumb and a weirdo.

Being prepared is fine, but being a prepper is bad.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Op go have sex with her in the bunker.

Also majority of my neighbors have 2 year food storage and a bunch of guns. That's utah for ya.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I forgot to mention the most important part of prepping - where you choose to live.

I live in a rural county, outside the city limits of a town of around 3,000 people which it the county seat, in a golf-course neighborhood full of old white people.

LOL if you live in an Urban hell-hole and spend double what my house costs on an apartment and spend the time I spend in leisure commuting to work and spend the money I spend on myself on dumb taxes so your dumb Democrat "leaders" can ignore crumbling infrastructure and buy votes with handouts.

Your reward for living like an animal will be immediate death when the zombies come/aliens invade/race wars begin.

Boosted_C5 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 12, 2015

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Oh, and if they have a bunker. Find out where their air vents are and dump ammonia and bleach in if there is an emergency incident.

Guns dont protect you from chlorine gas. :3:

Then you can take all their neat poo poo or just move in.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Im not a prepper.

I have a bunch of camping gear, emergency food, 3gal of potable water, and 8 gallons of utility water.

If someone catastrophic happened in Portland I would be just fine.

If you own a bunker, a cache of weapons, and you conduct readiness drills, you are dumb and a weirdo.

Being prepared is fine, but being a prepper is bad.

thats barely enough water to wash my butt after an explosive dook.

plus you admitted you don't have a weapons/ammo cache so consider that precious water mine when the time comes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

she is very much postmenopause

Sounds like easy pickins for the End Times.

Gain her trust so she's the first one she lets in the bunker. Then kill her and take it over.

There, you are now Doomsday Prepped.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Tom Gorman posted:

thats barely enough water to wash my butt after an explosive dook.

plus you admitted you don't have a weapons/ammo cache so consider that precious water mine when the time comes.

Ill sick Joey on you.

Fierce as gently caress.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

unpacked robinhood posted:

they'll probably shoot you for for toilet paper, make sure they know you're a muslim and wipe with a stone

Also unless you live in Washington DC or perhaps New York or Los Angeles they won't care about your hick rear end small town you live in if they invade. So tell her to relax.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
You should steal her canned goods

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
never enter the bunker. she def. has stockpiled jars of her own urine.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Contribute some minor poo poo to the bunker and then in the off chance poo poo does go down you can use it since 'neighbors stick together.'

Sounds like you're getting free 'end of world' insurance, ingrate.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Ill sick Joey on you.

Fierce as gently caress.
whoa man were just having a conversation here no need to make threats

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jukeboxblues posted:

Start acting more and more paranoid and let her know that they are starting to monitor all your conversations and its not safe. Then just start doing crazy poo poo all the time for shits and giggles. This is a great opportunity you have to gently caress with someone and I envy you for it.

This is a great idea if you want the rest of your life as her neighbor to be 100% based around her because she'd instantly become co-dependent on you since she thinks you're both fighting against the NWO or whatever

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

in like early December 2012 with alcohol induced delusions I ordered 60 cans of sterno for doomsday, now I have 58 cans of old sterno in my garage, that shits probly expired

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro

ThePriceIsRight posted:

fill up her bunker with your farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah I'm not honestly worried about her but I thought it was funny hearing "when the grid goes down" said in total seriousness.

I knew some Y2K preppers where I used to live. They had a bunker and their daughters had all sorts of combat training. I've always wondered how disappointed they were when society didn't actually collapse.

sooo, is 'living near preppers' a key factor when you look for housing?

• Locked thread