Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It sounds like your neighbor will let you in their bunker when poo poo goes down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

im pooping! posted:

in like early December 2012 with alcohol induced delusions I ordered 60 cans of sterno for doomsday, now I have 58 cans of old sterno in my garage, that shits probly expired

quote:

flammable hydrocarbon jelly

probably alright dude, i mean the consistency might have changed but i bet it'll still burn

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hobohemian posted:

It sounds like your neighbor will let you in their bunker when poo poo goes down.

Not likely.
When poo poo goes down, it will be free for all combat to get control of the bunker and supplies.
She will use you and your family as either servants or shields or gently caress just gut you on the spot for whatever is in your fridge at the time.

Preppers are always gently caress You Got Mine to anyone except their direct family.
And even then the direct family is only there for food if its a bad winter.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

happyhippy posted:

Not likely.
When poo poo goes down, it will be free for all combat to get control of the bunker and supplies.
She will use you and your family as either servants or shields or gently caress just gut you on the spot for whatever is in your fridge at the time.

Preppers are always gently caress You Got Mine to anyone except their direct family.

What if the op is like really hot?

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Moved into new house this month. Neighbor's yard is kinda messy. Oh it's all tools and ladders and cinder blocks and poo poo I wonder what's up with that.

First conversation with her she uses the phrases "neighbors gotta stick together" and "when the grid goes down." Then I notice the paved area between our houses is actually a bunker.

I can't figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing, cause she was definitely making it sound like a good thing.

It will probably hurt your property value to have a bunch of ugly poo poo in the backyard, it only takes 1 person to ruin everyone elses.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm just renting so low property value is probably good for me honestly. I mean it's not like my rent is gonna go down, but at least it wouldn't go up.

naem
May 29, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

What if the op is like really hot?

Goon trapped, chained in 50 something women's basement sex bunker

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The apocalypse would give meaning to an increasingly inconsequential modern world. I get it and all, but some people just mix that up with actual expectations and hopes. It's weird.

Just be nice and keep your distance. That way poo poo goes down you can get in her crazy bunker with no trouble. And if not shes just a cray cray.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well if you ever run out of baked beans, you can ask him for a can. That is my advice to you.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
doomsday preppers always spend the entire project buying things mostly made in factories often imported from china rather than learning skills to turn your surroundings like rocks and trees into tools that can feed you and keep you safe

wchih is kind of funny if you think about it

even their rebellion against the system, due to a lack of trust in the system, is dependent on and funds the same system

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mine her bunker OP. you want to be ready to blow it when poo poo goes down or her zoc will interfere with your scavenging missions

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Not likely.

Nah didn't you hear that "neighbors gotta stick together" stuff? I mean OP's lucky he's white (i'm assuming because a prepper saying "neighbors gotta stick together" to a non-white person is outside the realm of possibility) but as far as preppers go it sounds like OP lucked into the least bad one to have as a neighbor

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Im not a prepper.

I have a bunch of camping gear, emergency food, 3gal of potable water, and 8 gallons of utility water.

If someone catastrophic happened in Portland I would be just fine.

If you own a bunker, a cache of weapons, and you conduct readiness drills, you are dumb and a weirdo.

Being prepared is fine, but being a prepper is bad.

Don't forget lube.. gotta prepare for all that creampies too.. better pack some paper towels.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
doomsday prepping is a form of cultural autism that is mainly spread through popular culture

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is a great idea if you want the rest of your life as her neighbor to be 100% based around her because she'd instantly become co-dependent on you since she thinks you're both fighting against the NWO or whatever

No see you can pretend to be captured by the Illuminati whenever you want it to end and you want to move away. OR you could pretend you have had a brain wipe!! It really just depends on how creative you are and how much you want to gently caress with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
You should see if she'll take you out shooting. Shootin's fun.

• Locked thread