Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

"How shall I describe these things I saw, Dr. Pershingham? With fur and fang and beak of bird did they mock the designs of nature itself! They stood, wearing but vestments of motley which I can only assume hid their true shape from the waking eyes of sane men. And how like beasts they sounded - for from their mouths issued such a din of the unintelligible that methought myself listening to a marching band of the criminally insane, trumpets blaring and garroting themselves with string of violin.

"For the most part, these creatures seemed lupine or vulpine in appearance: great mangy muzzles which smelt of halitosis through the caricature grimaces they wore. But I was dazzled to see many a prey animal amongst their number, showing neither fear nor even caution in their round, unblinking eyes.

"Then the leader of this group (for he seemed the biggest of the wolf-men) approached me and presented me with a bizarre, metallic-looking device.

'Hey, would you take a picture for our website?' the beast spoke, with a human voice!

"I regret, Dr. Pershingham, that I lost my wits and presently fainted, for the horror of staying awake would have taxed my mind into oblivion!"

-HP Lovecraft, Dreams in FurCon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
For the low low price of £1.49 I just bought the complete works on iBooks, and can reveal the following:

Eldritch - 26 matches
Cyclopean - 54 matches
Unhallowed - 23 matches
Abominable and or Abomination - 34 matches
Insanity, Insane et.al - 60 matches
Foreign, Foreigner etc. 51 matches
Hindoo - 15 matches
friend of the family - 22 matches found (most of them from 'The Rats In The Walls, featuring friend of the family-Man the cat)
Negro and or Negroid - 29 matches

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Aren't they all freely available since they are out of copyright?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Torquemada posted:

For the low low price of £1.49 I just bought the complete works on iBooks, and can reveal the following:

Eldritch - 26 matches
Cyclopean - 54 matches
Unhallowed - 23 matches
Hindoo - 15 matches
friend of the family - 22 matches found (most of them from 'The Rats In The Walls, featuring friend of the family-Man the cat)

how about swarthy and variants thereof

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Torquemada posted:

Eldritch - 26 matches
Cyclopean - 54 matches
Unhallowed - 23 matches
Hindoo - 15 matches

In 1975 an album called Coonskin was released that featured Scatman Crothers doing his song "Ahm a Niggerman"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Aren't they all freely available since they are out of copyright?

Sometimes you pay 2 bucks on Amazon so you can have a complete works that someone already set up the table of contents for.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Swarthy - 15
Sinister - 100 (!)

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
andrew eldritch needs to release another album

he's p much stuck in the late eighties. now that's an eldritch horror lol

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Hey there cthulhu

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XxScTbIUvoA

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Black Numenorean posted:

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a friend of the family.

~ Respected author H.P. Lovecraft

those beats are v ray-ray

makes it hard to take hpl seriously due to his cartoonish racism

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
The thing about hp is that's not even normal hatred, it's genuine fear. Which is almost more insidious because you know what to do when some rear end in a top hat thinks someone is inferior, but what do you do with a weirdo who thinks Blacula is a documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

I never knew it, but my life was incomplete before this moment. Thanks for that!

• Locked thread