Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluo
May 25, 2007

Chinatown posted:

yeah i yell that ALOT when watching football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
lol look at me I'm an american I invent a bunch of stupid sports nobody else plays so I can pretend I'm not terrible at sports/shy from adversity and challenge like a little girl!!!! haha

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you know that deadly warriors show that compared like two warriors to see who would win and whatever?

they should do raiders fan v soccer hooligan

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

you know that deadly warriors show that compared like two warriors to see who would win and whatever?

Raiders fans would lose

Im sure they are nowhere near the football hooligan "firms" where you end up with chelsea smiles

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

that show was astoundingly stupid and amazingly entertaining

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Wizard posted:

Personally I think it's awesome that American towns with populations of like 50,000 have 40,000 seat football stadiums for their school teams.

So much more room for activities...

*closes library, the only place in town where the indigent could look for work

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
depends on how loosely you define 'raiders fan' i guess

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fluo posted:

Raiders fans would lose

Im sure they are nowhere near the football hooligan "firms" where you end up with chelsea smiles

Raiders fan def has a gun but I'm assuming you're disallowing that and/or think guns don't exist because Europe

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the raiders fan may or may not be mexican mafia

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6OyQJDewI

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The bad thing about football is that they stop playing every ten seconds to walk around and do no nothing for two minutes.

The bad thing about soccer is that even though they don't stop playing for the most part all they do is aimlessly kick the ball back and forth in the middle of the field until someone screws up and then they kick the ball out of bounds on accident. Also everyone playing it is a bitchmade human being.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JdzFN2d74g

Russian hooligans is where it's at. I don't know why people think British hooligans are like the top of violent football fans, Italians (though I guess that was a case of the fans of a particular club dominating a football team with violence and death threats and the fan club essentially being a crime organization) and especially Russians are much worse.

e: It's basically Total War. There's another video where the losers regroup to defend a bridge, but I couldn't find it.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 13, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Raiders fan def has a gun but I'm assuming you're disallowing that and/or think guns don't exist because Europe

A football hooligan got arrested for having an anti air rocket launcher lol

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
if you're not willing to kill a man you're not really a fan

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Also football hooligans are like the zurg

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
see that's why america doesn't let europe have guns

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

see that's why america doesn't let europe have guns

Space Marines vs the Zurg irl lol

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like this is a good discussion all around, and I'm learning a lot of things.
But lets not lose focus here.

gently caress a Hawkeye.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

no its great I love watching other people do stuff for hours, especially when its something important like kicking a ball around and running into each other like literal children who never learned any real life skills

that way I can pretend that life is simple and that I never grew up and also I can feel superior to people who watch other guys run around a field for some hours, because their guys ran into each other more badly like

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Baseball is slow but Miguel Cabrera isn't going to kill himself because he got insidious brain damage over 15 seasons.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

gottabefrank posted:

Baseball is slow but Miguel Cabrera isn't going to kill himself because he got insidious brain damage over 15 seasons.

No, he's going to kill himself because he plays in Detroit.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

I watched that new Late Show with Colbert and he had a bunch of football legends on they all sounded and looked loving retarded.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
In my experience repeatedly saying "I'm not interested in football, don't watch it, and don't know any of the players" does nothing to dissuade football fans from continuing to speak to you about football.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ThePriceIsRight posted:

I watched that new Late Show with Colbert and he had a bunch of football legends on they all sounded and looked loving retarded.

vorpal
Dec 31, 2007

Jastiger posted:

I feel like this is a good discussion all around, and I'm learning a lot of things.
But lets not lose focus here.

gently caress a Hawkeye.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The biggest thing Iowa State and Iowa fans have is that neither one likely attended University of Iowa.

That law Obama passed prohibiting fanship of a school you didn't attend is based on this interstate conflict.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83oa1S0x9zI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4J-RiCZ2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfUAtU1Y2Hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKY5fmDGVLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqkvSUNfZFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCXbtSLhH9c

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

p sad how iowa st has been better than iowa for a while now lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

like i think purdue is better looooool

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Iowa Hawkeyes coach is the highest paid employee of the state.

And he routinely loses (not this year tho) to Iowa State which has one of the lowest paid college football coaches in his division.

Lol. Just lol @ the Hawkeyes.

Good job having a .25 win rate against a school that literally spends a fraction of money on its program.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jastiger posted:

Its a lot different when you're talking about non-powerhouse schools.

So now we're talking about Iowa state? Lol

CyHawk trophy looks godo in IC!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Anybody know how to get ahold of this guy? I would like to employ him

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
We were out at a sports bar for dinner last night, and we didn't know there was a televised (college) football contest going on. Some footballer ran past the line with the ball and the bar erupted loudly, startling my 10 yo son. "What just happened?" He asked me.

I leaned in close so he could hear me... "Something just happened in sports."

I like to think he'll say that to his own son, someday.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Watching nerds get mad about sports because they were boring in HS and continue to be boring is the best thing.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
lmao jastiger's alma matter of agricultural science and hog jacking-off lost in a football game and he's so salty

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
jastiger majored in dirt science with a minor in cousin loving

his roommate was a cow wearing a straw hat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
For those that want relive jags demise

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152981482136574

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
i live in a area with alot of alabama football fans but i can safely say I've never met anyone that actually went to the college.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
what im trying to say is that alabama fans are redneck inbred retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
same with isu fans

• Locked thread