Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Maybe if they didn't help promote a country full of crazy religious zealots, they wouldn't now be fleeing for their stupid lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Toadvine posted:

Good movie, but I wanna know how New York got nuked without the entire world following suit.

i assumed it was another terror attack

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
These refugees just need some lebensraum.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So what is the plan for all of these refugees? Are they going to be allowed to stay in whatever country in Europe they wind up in forever or will they eventually get bounced back to the middle east once someone or some committee or whatever decides the crisis is "over"?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

etalian posted:

muslims are anti-Oktoberfest

beer and titties make germany superior

why do you hate german superiority

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

No. 6 posted:

Maybe if they didn't help promote a country full of crazy religious zealots, they wouldn't now be fleeing for their stupid lives.

after a hundred or so more years of isil, the muslims around the world will finally have the cultural scar of religion much like their european brethren do. once the pain of the atrocities of the caliphate is engraved in their cultural memory, much the same way the atrocities of the church are carried in westerners' blood, that will usher the decline of islam

by not interfering in syria/turkey/iraq/iran, the western world is playing the long game. taking a few refugees is chump change.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

blowfish posted:

beer and titties make germany superior

why do you hate german superiority

ethno-masochism

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Whole Internet posted:

after a hundred or so more years of isil, the muslims around the world will finally have the cultural scar of religion much like their european brethren do. once the pain of the atrocities of the caliphate is engraved in their cultural memory, much the same way the atrocities of the church are carried in westerners' blood, that will usher the decline of islam

i dunno man, they've had like a thousand years to figure this poo poo out and they're still going at it

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Why did germany want Arabs in the first place if it's not for their 1€/hr poo poo jobs ?

These don't exist anymore. There is a 8.50€ minimum wage now.

Also the borders weren't closed. They just reimposed border controls. Germany is still taking in a large amount of refugees, but they had to control it somehow after Munich ran out of sleeping places yesterday. The city received almost 70,000 refugees in the last two weeks which is more than in entire 2014.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Real talk for a second.
I am a member of Munich Red Cross. We have been on Alert level 1 for 2 weeks now. Currently there are several school's gyms exhibition halls and other emergency shelters running 24/7.
Trust me when I say we literally have no more room.

The problem is Merkel wanted to take in the Syrians from Hungary because they were mistreated over there, no food, no shelter etc.

However, Italy has a tendency to simply help all the northern African "refugees" (for economic reasons) to just leg it out of the country.

We have no capacity for Balkan or African refugees atm. First and foremost refugees from Syria were accepted because they were war refugees.

But now, volunteers and other personnel are at their limits. We can not establish proper care for more people at the moment.
Closing the borders is a necessary step because the other countries do (Italy and Hungary mainly) do not and do not want to register refugees and care for them properly.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

demonicon posted:

It's funny how the U.S, a country that has been constantly at war since world War 2, and constantly at war in the middle east for 20 years is complaining about other countries not doing enough in the refugee crisis it is directly responsible for. While at the same time padding it's shoulder for taking in a few thousand heavily vetted Syrian refugees.

If you don't heavily vet the people trying to enter your country you're going to get a disenfranchised and impoverished class of people with a lovely culture taking the problems of country they're trying to leave and bringing it somewhere else.

America is called a melting pot because we heavily press assimilation. We take the good from a culture and make it our own, while kicking out the negatives. An immigrant into America may not be americanized and thats fine, but their kids will be and the grandkids will be 110% American.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Took us forever too, and a hundred years here or there is civilisational chump change anyway.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

The Whole Internet posted:

problem with this is that theoretically whenever one brand of islam is too oppressive they get overthrown by one of the others who oppress all other brands until one of them overthrows and so on thus removing the progress from histories current cycle of oppression/revolution/progress/oppression

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
In reality Muslims have no power over you.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately our German politicians care too much
about being PC instead of using heavy handed approaches to any serious problems with criminals and threads to do with religious extremists or threats to our democratic system and values from "foreigners" etc. because of "our historical guilt".

If that doesn't change, we are doomed to have to live with this "islamization" or whatever you call it.
They already renamed a Christian holiday "St. Martin" to "Lichterfest" (Festival of lights, kids in kindergarten will walk around singing and holding lanterns) to not offend non Christians.

People see this and don't like it but since no politician speaks out against it aside from Bavarian conservatives, it only serves to bolster support for neonazi movements.

It's hosed up that the past other people created for us is resulting in an over the top approach by our cuddly politicians that will eventually be our undoing.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Hopper posted:

Unfortunately our German politicians care too much
about being PC instead of using heavy handed approaches to any serious problems with criminals and threads to do with religious extremists or threats to our democratic system and values from "foreigners" etc. because of "our historical guilt".

If that doesn't change, we are doomed to have to live with this "islamization" or whatever you call it.
They already renamed a Christian holiday "St. Martin" to "Lichterfest" (Festival of lights, kids in kindergarten will walk around singing and holding lanterns) to not offend non Christians.

People see this and don't like it but since no politician speaks out against it aside from Bavarian conservatives, it only serves to bolster support for neonazi movements.

It's hosed up that the past other people created for us is resulting in an over the top approach by our cuddly politicians that will eventually be our undoing.

Please go vote AfD and continue reading some fringe right-wing blogs that see the Lichterfest thing as a sign of "Islamisation". Seriously, what bullshit did you just write!? :psyduck:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
First of all, I am not going to vote some Nazi party as I can very well distinguish between normal people and possible threats e.g refugees or immigrants as opposed to salafistic Islamists or neo Nazis, of which we actually have not too few.

Second I am not talking about today, this year or the next decade but there is a process that will eventually lead to changes resulting in more or less loss of values and identity. I can name more examples of seemingly minor terminology changes that while insignificant, are a sign of this tendency.

Third, I will agree that I should have put "islamization" in quotation marks. Oh I actually did. It is a term used as an umbrella term by the yellow press. But I still believe there is a problem with the way politicians act (not in relation to this refugee crisis, but to other real threats such as extremists of any religion, race or whatever) and that this may well lead to problems.

Also this topic tends to rile me up, so maybe I should taken a chill pill...

Edit. No matter what you call the change of that holiday, It is not ok to rename a holiday just to not offend anyone, Especially since the name and nature of the holiday is completely inoffensive and teaches "sharing is caring". What was wrong with that? [Hyperbole] Would you accept Christmas to be changed to "treefest"?[/hyperbole]

Hopper fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 14, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Hopper posted:

Real talk for a second.
I am a member of Munich Red Cross. We have been on Alert level 1 for 2 weeks now. Currently there are several school's gyms exhibition halls and other emergency shelters running 24/7.
Trust me when I say we literally have no more room.

The problem is Merkel wanted to take in the Syrians from Hungary because they were mistreated over there, no food, no shelter etc.

However, Italy has a tendency to simply help all the northern African "refugees" (for economic reasons) to just leg it out of the country.

We have no capacity for Balkan or African refugees atm. First and foremost refugees from Syria were accepted because they were war refugees.

But now, volunteers and other personnel are at their limits. We can not establish proper care for more people at the moment.
Closing the borders is a necessary step because the other countries do (Italy and Hungary mainly) do not and do not want to register refugees and care for them properly.

Your country is doomed.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Hopper posted:

Edit. No matter what you call the change of that holiday, It is not ok to rename a holiday just to not offend anyone, Especially since the name and nature of the holiday is completely inoffensive and teaches "sharing is caring". What was wrong with that? [Hyperbole] Would you accept Christmas to be changed to "treefest"?[/hyperbole]

This is a really dumb debate but ok: They didn't change the name of the holiday but the name of a small semi-private lantern procession in Bielefeld organised by a Lutheran pastor. "They" was in this case the pastor himself and he did for inclusive reasons because there already was a larger procession in the city which is still called St.-Martins-Umzug. Welt.de then dramatised this which in return lead to far-right blogs such as pi-news saying this is the end of the western world.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hopper posted:

[Hyperbole] Would you accept Christmas to be changed to "treefest"?[/hyperbole]

I would loving love it if the US govt did this just to sit back and watch the idiots who went bonkers when people started saying happy holidays instead of marry christmas go even more bonkers :munch:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

proof of concept posted:

I would loving love it if the US govt did this just to sit back and watch the idiots who went bonkers when people started saying happy holidays instead of marry christmas go even more bonkers :munch:

Obama changes Christmas to "I'm sorry."

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Al Borland posted:

Obama changes Christmas to "I'm sorry."

Christmas is now known as In-shallah Day all over Europe. The rest of the world, beware. I

I

I can't finish this post, I'm being turned into a Taliban by the Syrians as we speak.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lilljonas posted:

Christmas is now known as In-shallah Day all over Europe. The rest of the world, beware. I

I

I can't finish this post, I'm being turned into a Taliban by the Syrians as we speak.

this sounds like a case for danger mouse

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

lilljonas posted:

I

I just got sent my tickets to Aleppo. You're late!

az
Dec 2, 2005

Agag posted:

Its just funny to be that the people who honestly believe they are the genetic master race can't be bothered to have kids and are going to be replaced by the exact people they think are subhuman scum.

lmao you projecting fucklord, I think there are some rapegangs you have to bat for in another thread

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Honj Steak posted:

I just got sent my tickets to Aleppo. You're late!

Tried to eat a ham sandwich for lunch, but my intestines are now radicalized musselman-guts so I puked all over the floor. drat this world. We realized the threat too late.

e jk I'm having bacon sallad for lunch despite supporting Syrian refugees. If you think that a tiny muslim minority is a threat to your lifestyle you are the epitome of beta.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Sep 14, 2015

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Personally I'm glad that the germans are taking one for the team. Thanks!

Woden
May 6, 2006

Ramsus posted:

we take in millions of mexicans

Isn't like 1/4 of the US ex Mexico anyway?

Sounds like English people complaining about Welsh immigration.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Austria just reimposed border controls, too.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately, border controls will probably go up in more countries as a reaction the the Dublin system basically not being applied.
However, it is flawed in the core. Germany closes the borders because we can't take more people in, yet at the same time, Italy and Hungary are expected to take in all the refugees, and process their asylum requests before they are theoretically distributed in Europe.
So on the one Germany can't take them in, but others were expected to take them in for a long time already.
You have to help those countries out and acknowledge the system is flawed and not wait until the last minute.

The saddest part about all this is that the EU insists on treating the consequences, not the reason, especially regarding the war in Syria.
Plus the political games Russia and China are playing don't help at all.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Hopper posted:

Unfortunately, border controls will probably go up in more countries as a reaction the the Dublin system basically not being applied.
However, it is flawed in the core. Germany closes the borders because we can't take more people in, yet at the same time, Italy and Hungary are expected to take in all the refugees, and process their asylum requests before they are theoretically distributed in Europe.
So on the one Germany can't take them in, but others were expected to take them in for a long time already.
You have to help those countries out and acknowledge the system is flawed and not wait until the last minute.

The saddest part about all this is that the EU insists on treating the consequences, not the reason, especially regarding the war in Syria.

How much money have you guys received from muslim charities and rich golf states ??

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Hopper posted:

There are chances the quota system could be imposed externally on the countries that reject it. The Austrian chancellor said yesterday that the countries in favour of the distribution have a small, but qualified majority. Also the EU is preparing to build large, commonly funded reception camps in Greece and Italy that will act as a buffer for central Europe.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
germany is directly responsible for the deaths of more europeans than literally anybody else ever, and indirectly responsible for the collapse of european imperialism. it should not be surprising that this most revolutionary nation is now striving to bring the islamic golden age to that benighted continent and all its rutting, piggish peoples

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The best thing to do now is to let all of them go to Germany. These refugees don't want to stay in eastern Europe so who are we to force them?

Better Germany than all of Europe.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

proof of concept posted:

Would never happen given the money PR firms and retail corporations have invested in the word "Christmas". Remember, politics follows the money and Santa Clause is the God of Capitalism.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

Would never happen given the money PR firms and retail corporations have invested in the word "Christmas". Remember, politics follows the money and Santa Clause is the God of Capitalism.

if that were true drinking a coca cola in the winter would turn me into a polar bear but I'm still just a regular hariy fat guy how do you explain that huh???

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when u look at history europe has been the source of a lot of problems so maybe its for the best

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

if that were true drinking a coca cola in the winter would turn me into a polar bear but I'm still just a regular hariy fat guy how do you explain that huh???
sounds like youre halfway there brother

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Lol certain people can't "care for refugess" as if they're houseplants or something. These dudes walked, swam and crept across the Balkans/Med, dodging border patrols and paying a decent sum to smugglers along the way. These people don't need "care". They want dole, a subsidized apartment and the freedom to go where ever they please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
At least they wont have any trouble getting them to wear an identifying article of clothing

• Locked thread