Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"so what are you doing in life right now"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
business jargon bullshit where people end every other sentence with the word 'right?' as though it's kind of a question but not really.

it's so loving irritating

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
supposably/supposedly

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
the word "sesh" is v loving dumb

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
the word "lulz"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

postmodern

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

That Robot posted:

the word "sesh" is v loving dumb

gently caress you sesh is great

just finished a lil smoke sesh, gonna go out for a skate sesh, when iget home im hittin up the fridge for a snack sesh

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
at the end of the day

I also hate it when people list multiple things but feel the need to repeat the setup for each one
i.e. "these people know how to cooperate, these people know how to communicate and these people know how to succeed"
all it does is make it obvious you're stalling to think of more adjectives

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpOwePJdzO0

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ghlbtsk posted:

at the end of the day

I also hate it when people list multiple things but feel the need to repeat the setup for each one
i.e. "these people know how to cooperate, these people know how to communicate and these people know how to succeed"
all it does is make it obvious you're stalling to think of more adjectives

Sorry how would you have said that?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

"Free-trade Agreement."

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Boi pussy or bussy

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

go get you some

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Helpimscared posted:

Boi pussy or bussy

pop dat boi pussy fuckboi

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Sorry how would you have said that?

these people know how to cooperate, communicate, and succeed

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Everybody stop saying "salty" for catty and "thirsty" for horny. When did this start? Just loving stop it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Das Boo posted:

Everybody stop saying "salty" for catty and "thirsty" for horny. When did this start? Just loving stop it.
you sound salty

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
"I could care less" I know you mentioned it in the OP but it bears repeating. It's so prevalent, and so very, very wrong. I have actually had people defend it, even after the difference is explained.

"Guestimate" Certain portmanteaus make my blood boil and my eye twitch. This one is especially egregious because both words that make it up mean basically the same thing.

"Moving forward", "reach out", and "Thank you" when used for something trivial. I work in a call center, and this poo poo just screams, 'I've been doing this job so long, the long dick of my employer has gone so far up my rear end the tip of it now cradles my brain and has subsumed my consciousness." Similarly, any time someone answers a direct question with obfuscation. This happened a lot at my old job. gently caress everyone that works at Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works right in the hole where their brain used to be.

"Could of" or "Should of" when typing. It's have, you loving knuckle-dragging cretin.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"op". i am just against op's in general.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
"whilst" - the fedora of English
"unironicly" - if you like something, just say so. It doesn't have to be "unironic", for Christ's sake.
Unfortunately, these two phrases are used in every god damned thread on SA.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
cuck

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Das Boo posted:

salty been around at least fifteen years sorry you don't interact with people

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Das Boo posted:

It doesn't really mean catty. It's more like upset or bitter at some real or imagined slight.

"We went back to her place, but when I made a move, she said she had to be up early."
"drat dude, you must be salty"
"Well I would be, but I just raped her instead" :haw:

central dogma posted:

"whilst" - the fedora of English
"unironicly" - if you like something, just say so. It doesn't have to be "unironic", for Christ's sake.
Unfortunately, these two phrases are used in every god damned thread on SA.

Unironically.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mooktastical posted:

"We went back to her place, but when I made a move, she said she had to be up early."
"drat dude, you must be salty"
"Well I would be, but I just raped her instead" :haw:

drat that nigga thirsty

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Blue Train posted:

drat that nigga thirsty

:hf:

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
As a _____________ I...

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
omg u guys MOIST i hate that word lmao right???

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

vacay
za
hundo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"guacamole"

ugh if you say this you're a loving retard

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
saying amoral when u mean immoral, as if amoral is just an intense version of immoral

yourself, as in 'and how's yourself today?' awkward sounding bogus formality used by people who work at checkouts

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
"from the get-go"

:fuckoff:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

"guacamole"

ugh if you say this you're a loving retard

better than guac

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

"Have a blessed day."

Having done a lot of phone work, this got to be like nails on a chalkboard for me. I started mentally changing it to "Have a Brian Blessed day," which helped some.

Also, people who type (or say aloud) "mute" when they clearly mean the word "moot." Those people I want to strangle to death and then piss on their corpses.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Blue Train posted:

salty been around at least fifteen years sorry you don't interact with people

"Grody" has been around a hell of a lot longer, but that doesn't mean it's not stupid and needs to go away.
I've heard "salty" and "thirsty" a dozen times in the last week. Enough to make me think everyone's referencing something.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Das Boo posted:

"Grody" has been around a hell of a lot longer, but that doesn't mean it's not stupid and needs to go away.
I've heard "salty" and "thirsty" a dozen times in the last week. Enough to make me think everyone's referencing something.

You just salty that when you get thirsty ho's be like, "naw he grody"

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
"No."

"Don't."

"Nukeyoolar."

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry