Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DismemberedLemon
Jun 20, 2015
when people use the phrase "piss you the gently caress off" it pisses me the gently caress off op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
That's what she said

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Triggered/Triggering.

Every time it's shrieked by someone who wants to censor the world because it might offend them I want to punch the person saying it in the face through their computer monitor.

Toadvine posted:

"Lose faith in humanity"

I know right? How can you lose what you've never had?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

drat near anything in news or advertising that can be responded to with "As opposed to..."

Such as "a violent homicide" as opposed to a gentle homicide.

Also, seeing "Gluten Free" on products that never had gluten, and it would make no sense for them to have gluten, like loving baking powder or packages of raw meat.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I know right? How can you lose what you've never had?

If someone really lost their faith in humanity they should kill themself

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Consider me killed

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
alright

its not a word, gently caress you i dont care

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Panty Saluter posted:

alright

alright :shrug:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

t:mad:

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

the only thing worse than using any of those words is making lovely passive aggressive notes like that.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

"veg(g)ing out"

you're making a mockery of the comatose. shame

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lorn Wayne posted:

the only thing worse than using any of those words is making lovely passive aggressive notes like that.

Don't worry, it's 100% not real

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
best self

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

"guacamole"

ugh if you say this you're a loving retard

spicy mashed avocados

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

did anyone say allahu ahkbar yet?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Panty Saluter posted:

alright

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alright

And gently caress you for not using apostrophes in "it's" and "don't" - you are subhuman filth.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alright

And gently caress you for not using apostrophes in "it's" and "don't" - you are subhuman filth.

gently caress you dad i do what i want

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
I guess "kappa" after a sentence. It sounds so retarded.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I thought "I noped out of there" was funny the first time I heard it, but I guess everyone else did too. :mad:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

ugh i started sayin this when i was a lil guy after watchin too much 'whats happenin?' because raj's mom would always say "this is true" in a cool deep voice and it sounded important to me

It's dumb as gently caress and my sister in law says it all the time because all she does is watch Netflix and take notes on how to sound cool and make people think she's an interesting person

she also says "It's funny 'cause it's true :downs:" a lot

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wait, wait! I know my #1 most hated one!
"We're the same, you and I."

You never, ever hear the first half without the second half and the phrasing is positively cemented into place with such force that it's a miracle when a single word is changed. I so very, very desperately want the hero (that undoubtedly the villain is speaking to) to bust out with, " Oh, oh! You and I? Oh, thank christ you specified there, Frank, 'cause I really had no loving clue who you were talking about until you said that."
Come to think of it, I hope they do it in Archer. It'd fit.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

It's dumb as gently caress and my sister in law says it all the time because all she does is watch Netflix and take notes on how to sound cool and make people think she's an interesting person

she also says "It's funny 'cause it's true :downs:" a lot

yeah seriously gently caress these personality bankrupt people who do this poo poo. i know tons of people like that, and people who base their entire perspective and personality on loving quote pictures on facebook.

i have a smoldering hatred of "should of" "could of". what's worse is that the people i do correct don't think they're wrong :argh:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

lonesomedwarf posted:

im going to kill you three olices

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I always felt that 'i could care less' implied that you already care very little, but have some leeway for caring even less.

Couldn't care less is like the bottom of the care ladder.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't like it when people start their sentences with "to be fair" i think you shouldn't say something just to be fair i think you should say what you actually think

anyway, that's my post

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Horniest Manticore posted:

omg gently caress the OCEAN

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
supposebly

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i dont get pissed off about words bae its kind of autistic that you do

get REAL beefy

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
"my bad" has been said before and is a good way to finger someone not worth speaking to

But it pales to the scourge that is "It is what it is". A whole phrase meant only to say "I said something and dont want to back it up or talk about it". Also you could just say "it is".

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"walmart"

wow, are you loving brain-dead? who says stupid poo poo like this?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Tigger-Nits

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
awesomesauce

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Gatekeeper posted:

once upon a post, a goon described his own variant of niggerstomper syndrome that involved constantly saying "yeah, get REAL beefy bitch" to himself at weird inappropriate times and like an engram it became lodged in the brains of other lesser people like myself

i think there was something about "you little pissbitch" that he'd say to himself too but for some reason "get REAL beefy bitch" is the one that burrowed into my brainflesh like a botfly

quote:

- It's nearly impossible for me to pee at a urinal in public, and even at home alone sometimes. But saying things like "c'mon you lil pissbitch" quietly to myself and generally just berating myself seems to help a lot. Just to be clear, I don't actually hate myself. It's all nonsense.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Getting real Salty-Beefy up in here.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
What does Rare Parrot mean? Seen it on Twitch.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

"Last time I checked..."

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
"meh"

like, stfu human being.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Yasss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
using 'price point' and 'price' interchangeably

• Locked thread