Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I wonder, is Gaster a family name? Is it Sans and Papyrus Gaster?

Did Wing Dings get spacetime shredded so hard that they lost their last names as a result?
Their last name is Jokerman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

Augus posted:

You needed that for proof?
Star Wars Battlefront, a game that isn't even out yet, was nominated for Best Shooter. That's all you really need to know about the video game awards. It's just a shame they probably won't ever have a repeat of the hilarious trainwreck from two years ago.

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

I started hard mode just to check it out and noticed something interesting, I died shortly after the "do you prefer cinnamon or butterscotch" call and went back to do it again, only this time toriel says "Wait don't tell me, you like butterscotch right?" and something along the lines of "When I first saw you, I felt like I was seeing an old friend again". Anyone know if this about dying and doing the call over, starting a new game after getting the true ending, or something related to hard mode? because the first human's name would also be frisk?

Thumbtacks posted:

I keep trying to find either a guitar tab or sheet music or something for Megalovania, and I can't find it. I've mostly figured out the intro verse but after like 0:45 it gets pretty nuts and that's the part I want to actually play.
Someone on the steam forums has put together sheet music for most of the songs in the game.

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

Somfin posted:

E2: I just have to get my head around this. There's a sequence where the game fades to black in like five frames. During this sequence, you can initiate a conversation with the character who initiated the fade to black. Rather than this conversation being the same loop as before, the character actually has a unique dialogue option specifically for the case where a player attempts to start a conversation during the five-frame fade to black moment. This conversation is a funny joke about the situation. What the actual gently caress.
It's not that crazy, there probably was some bug that happened if the player started an event that sent them to another room while they were already being sent to the other room. So he added a check to see if the player wasn't already transitioning to a new area and gave it a cute line of text because why not.

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

Normal Adult Human posted:

skeletons are destroying our society by paving the way for rampant monster immigration and papyrus is guilty by passive association.

Believe me, when the underground sends us their monsters, they're not sending their best. They're bringing people with a lot of problems. They bring awful pasta, they're bad comedians, they're weeaboos. We have a serious monster immigration problem in this country right now and the solution is a barrier. I'll build a great barrier - and nobody builds a barrier better than me, believe me. I'll build a great barrier on Mt Ebott and I will make Asgore pay for it. Mark my words

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

I think flowey's speech worked a lot better in the demo because after that there's really nothing to do but reload your save and see if things could've played out differently. Also there wasn't that frog that more or less tells you straight up how to spare Toriel.

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

The game does not allow you to just let Asgore kill you and take your soul.
You can let Asgore kill you and then not reload your save. I'd assume he'd probably take the souls and head to the surface if events played out like that. (Also probably restarting the humans/monsters war in the process)

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

GeneX posted:

You can, but I do think that adding two alternate endings (stay in the ruins, let Asgore take your soul) would be nice.
Yeah it would've been cool if, after dying to Asgore for the first time, you got a cutscene of him opening the barrier. Something like "but the future refused to change" from chrono trigger.

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

So I learned something new about this game tonight (Genocie spoilers):
I thought I'd be slick and keep my save file right before Mettaton Neo with one monster left, because I have 0 confidence in my ability to actually beat Sans and would've liked the ability to go back to the neutral ending if I wanted. However it turns out the game autosaves in the elevator after Mettaton so you're really 100% locked in after that point it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

I've always wanted to read homestuck because someone tried to explain the plot to me a few years ago and it sounded like an insane PS1 JRPG. But then they said things like "oh it only gets good after the fist 300 pages" and I figure it's probably not for me.

• Locked thread