Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
hey buds, good mornin!

in england, they make tv shows. the show england is the most proud of is a very old show called dr. who. it is about a dr. named dr. who. he is an alien who bill & teds everywhere in a big old british phone booth, goin to long ago times and distant galaxies, far ahead times and nearby towns, and everythin inbetween

a lil doodle i made this mornin just for you guys, this is the very handsome 11th dr. who, named matt smith <3 he is a total dreamboat as you can see in my picture that i drew

dr. who likes to abduct people sometimes so he has a friend. "officially" he has never hosed any of them. they are called his 'companions' and once the stockholms set in, he takes them to all sorts of cool places and shows them grody monsters and old queens and shakespeares.

yuck.

technically the english make this show for kids. technically. but really this show is for grownups who are kids in their hearts. it deals with very adult themeses like death, pregnancy, the moon, senility, etc. and the dr. who man carries around a lil device called a scifi screwdriver and this is the source of many a great penis joke (for it is phallic in shape, you see) and penis jokes are definitely not for kids. there was even a cool episode where dr. who puts a girls face onto a concrete slab and the girl's boyfriend just flat out tells the audience that he facefucks the slabface girl.

yes, this is a real thing that really happened on the dr. who show.

one of the really cool things about the dr. who show is that the dr. is an alien called a timelord, and timelords have powers (obviously) such as the regeneration power. every time the actor who plays dr. who wants to try and become a movie star, the dr. "dies" and regenerates into a new english (or scottish) actor. right now, the dr. who man is a really cool old guy who was famous for yelling fuckwords on tv. he's a mean old scottish guy which is cool obviously. the next doctor is either going to be a black or have tits, probably. heck, it might be both. wouldn't that be something?

imagine this thing but black and with tits and BLAM! theres the next dr. who

my imagination is pretty poo poo tbh

the dr. who has been around for over 50 years just like my mom. and like my mom, it is cool and important. it has many fans. people draw disgusting pictures of it. this is all very cool.

anyway i guess that about wraps 'er up for this op. use this thread for general whochat, talkin about fav episodes, ask questions to me about dr. who (ive seen a whole bunch of these stinkin things so im a pretty good source of whoinfo) and basically just have a lot of fun in here. please make sure to vote this thread a 5 as well please, thanks guys. i have a drs appointment today (lol thats a hell of a coincidence now that i think about it lol lol) so ill be away for a bit but i expect you guys to really get a great conversation about dr. who goin while im away, and when i return i'll be ready to answer all of your excellent questions and chat about dr. who with all of you, my buddies. have a great morning!! allons-y!!! (this is a thing that one of the dr who's said so im making a reference to it in this dr. who thread that i made)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I liked the show when it was in black and white

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
ugh

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pfft

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Gas ban

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
this is easily the best thread around

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I liked the show when it was in black and white

Same. And sometimes when it's in color/colour.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

hey buds which dr. who monster is your favorite?

for me my favorite is the daleks. i know, theyre pretty played and like EVERYONE always says the daleks but i really like 'em. they look cool in an old kinda cheesie scifi way, because they are old cheesie scifi i guess. they have that cool annoying voice, and inside of them is a total grossout lil alien blob and i think thats a pretty neat thing. more cheesie robuts should have gross lil blobs inside them trying to murder everything

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

this lil thing is fuckin GROSS. just lookin at it makes me wanna fuckin barf everywhere

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wanna gently caress that blob

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

wanna gently caress that blob

you are not alone friend i have seen many interesting things on tumbler about doing exactly this

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

this is me reading this thread

also this is a dr who prop so my post is both funny and topical

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

blainestereo posted:

fun fact - that was the catfaced broomstick lady from harry potter, another insufferable garbage thing from england

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
I like some Doctor Who and I don't like some other Doctor Who. Hope this insight helps your cool thread get off the ground.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
More like Dr. Butt because that show is butt. :lol:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
wibbly wobbly timey wimey

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Libelous Slander posted:

wibbly wobbly timey wimey

Ha-ha! It is funny because it is just like the time they said that on my favorite british teevees

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
dr. who is a garbage show for garbage babies

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

blainestereo posted:

It makes me lol that they sold this as a figure and it looked crap. Also they sold it as a 'destroyed' version which was the frame without the stretched face bit.

This is basically "gently caress our fans" level poo poo.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

i am at a loss as to which one of the following two ideas is a better gbs dr who spinoff

1. doctor cum

as in oh deary it is very cummy in here i wonder who cummied so hard was it you doctor cum oh doctor you are all covered in cum it was you wasnt it

OR

2. oval office that

as in let me in im the oval office, what kind of oval office? oval office that!

i feel both ideas are very good and very marketable but which one is better?

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Wow this show sounds great!! I am surprised that they haven't tried to make t-shirts with references on them yet.

I have a few questions Gatekeeper (or any other fan of the Dr Who):

1) Where did he get his degree in medicine? I am very intrigued to find out what space college has to offer.

2) What is his most famous patient that he has saved? Or better yet his most important one. This could be from curing a little baby who has cancer to something like a Prime Minister (They are the presidents of Europe IIRC).

3)This seems a little late on the list I know, but it only just occured to me and I'll be damned if I try to edit my own post before publishing. Is he a doctor of medicine or is it in another field? I am very curios!

4) What does the Dr Who think of the movie "National Treasure"? I really liked that movie and I thought Nicholas Cage did a wonderful job. And that start scene when they are on the boat is just unforgettable!

5) Is it like the show House but set in space? If so I would be very happy to watch it as that Hugh Laurie fellow is great. Did you know he is actually British (much like the Dr Who)? He is a great actor!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
So Star Trek fans are pedophiles, Star Wars fans have all sorts of pervasive developmental disabilities, what's wrong with Dr. Who fans because as far as I can tell this show is really loving bad?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

88h88 posted:

It makes me lol that they sold this as a figure and it looked crap. Also they sold it as a 'destroyed' version which was the frame without the stretched face bit.

This is basically "gently caress our fans" level poo poo.

lol "posable action figure set"

tuyop posted:

So Star Trek fans are pedophiles, Star Wars fans have all sorts of pervasive developmental disabilities, what's wrong with Dr. Who fans because as far as I can tell this show is really loving bad?

they have whatever mental illness that juggalos and bronies have.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OP I need your thoughts on which companion was most fuckable please I'm almost there

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

OP I need your thoughts on which companion was most fuckable please I'm almost there

K-nine

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Jukeboxblues posted:

Wow this show sounds great!! I am surprised that they haven't tried to make t-shirts with references on them yet.

I have a few questions Gatekeeper (or any other fan of the Dr Who):

1) Where did he get his degree in medicine? I am very intrigued to find out what space college has to offer.

2) What is his most famous patient that he has saved? Or better yet his most important one. This could be from curing a little baby who has cancer to something like a Prime Minister (They are the presidents of Europe IIRC).

3)This seems a little late on the list I know, but it only just occured to me and I'll be damned if I try to edit my own post before publishing. Is he a doctor of medicine or is it in another field? I am very curios!

4) What does the Dr Who think of the movie "National Treasure"? I really liked that movie and I thought Nicholas Cage did a wonderful job. And that start scene when they are on the boat is just unforgettable!

5) Is it like the show House but set in space? If so I would be very happy to watch it as that Hugh Laurie fellow is great. Did you know he is actually British (much like the Dr Who)? He is a great actor!

crimson carrots, what a post!!! i'll try my best to answer these great questions

1. the dr. who did not attend college. he dropped out of space high school and stole his bill and ted box and just started calling himself dr. who because he was very wise and english. they play pretty fast and loose with titles in england and space-england where the timelords live

2. the dr.'s most famous patient was either marco polo, vincent van gogh, or the baby space dragon inside the moon. a valid argument could be made for any of these three. van gogh is my personal fave tho because his substantial mental illness made him good at seeing invisible monsters and painting bright colors. and the dr. Helped him by explaining that although that one monster wasn't a hallucination, he was still fuckin crazy and would die a penniless nutfuck despised by pretty much everyone

3. he's a dr of divinity or whatever kind of doctor all those preachers are

4. the dr. has only seen one nicolas cage film - david lynch's wild at heart. it is his favorite film.

5. wow bud nail on the freakin head!! dr. who is basically "spacetime dr house md" especially right now, the old scot is very mean and sarcastic and i assume a drunkard/druggist

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

tuyop posted:

technically being a teenage girl isn't a mental illness

for the other whovians who are grown ups i guess they just like fun adventures and english whimsy

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

gatekeeper please answer my question too

personally i lean towards doctor cum because lol cum but who knows, maybe you have a different idea

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Gatekeeper posted:

technically being a teenage girl isn't a mental illness
but it sure helps!

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

crimson carrots, what a post!!! i'll try my best to answer these great questions

1. the dr. who did not attend college. he dropped out of space high school and stole his bill and ted box and just started calling himself dr. who because he was very wise and english. they play pretty fast and loose with titles in england and space-england where the timelords live

2. the dr.'s most famous patient was either marco polo, vincent van gogh, or the baby space dragon inside the moon. a valid argument could be made for any of these three. van gogh is my personal fave tho because his substantial mental illness made him good at seeing invisible monsters and painting bright colors. and the dr. Helped him by explaining that although that one monster wasn't a hallucination, he was still fuckin crazy and would die a penniless nutfuck despised by pretty much everyone

3. he's a dr of divinity or whatever kind of doctor all those preachers are

4. the dr. has only seen one nicolas cage film - david lynch's wild at heart. it is his favorite film.

5. wow bud nail on the freakin head!! dr. who is basically "spacetime dr house md" especially right now, the old scot is very mean and sarcastic and i assume a drunkard/druggist

Wowzers! Thanks for the fantastic answers! This show sounds like it is one heck of a journey each week! I am glad that the Dr Who enjoyed that Nicholas Cage movie and I wish him well for it. I may have to find a way to tap into the British television (I think they call it "tha telly" over there) so I can start enjoying this wonderful show.

I also have a question specifically for you, Gatekeeper. Who is your favorite the Dr Who and why? I would love to find out. :)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Doctor Who is one of the worst animes.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

another funny idea that i have is a show called "doctor how much"

it is a show about space and time travelling medical doctor that provides patients with a reasonable medical treatment but then shocks them with an exuberant bill

it is both a funny science fiction show and a satire on the american health care system

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Hey everyone I just thought of a great joke!

Knock knock!

Who is there?

The Doctor!

The Doctor Who?

Yes that is correct, that is who I am for it is me, The Doctor Who, everyones favorite British space and time traveler who solves riddles and helps people!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I don't know anything about doctor who but if he says allons-y that is pretty cool.

In one if my favorite movies Breathless (lol I'm a gay film dork) the guy would always say "allons-y allons-zo" which they translated to mean "Let's go, daddio" which seems like a cool rear end thing to say

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

I don't know anything about doctor who but if he says allons-y that is pretty cool.

In one if my favorite movies Breathless (lol I'm a gay film dork) the guy would always say "allons-y allons-zo" which they translated to mean "Let's go, daddio" which seems like a cool rear end thing to say

You're right. That is a cool rear end thing to say. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
doctor who was a good show once.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

yet another amusing doctor who joke is calling it doctor who(re)

because it is a very cheap show that aims to please

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

blainestereo posted:

i am at a loss as to which one of the following two ideas is a better gbs dr who spinoff

1. doctor cum

as in oh deary it is very cummy in here i wonder who cummied so hard was it you doctor cum oh doctor you are all covered in cum it was you wasnt it

OR

2. oval office that

as in let me in im the oval office, what kind of oval office? oval office that!

i feel both ideas are very good and very marketable but which one is better?

cum dr. is def a good idea i mean there's basically unlimited potential there, a cool lil dr. in a spacetime machine cumming and going throughout space and time pretty much writes itself, like an ep where he cums in a black hole and it makes the big bang or he cums on a tiny lil protozoa thingy in the early sludge of earth and it eats his cum and evolves into us

but I love the word oval office

I am torn :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

• Locked thread