Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Watch this video. I feel it'd be a disservice to post outdated screenshots and gameplay devlogs. Skip the cringy text crawl with the real video starting at 1:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFtKvoDFAc

quote:

Divergence: Online is the MMORPG that began as the spiritual successor to Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies but has since grown into its own living, breathing universe.

Divergence brings back the golden years of MMORPGs and pushes the envelope even further than before to new extents.

quote:

The Divergence is a truly open gaming experience, and not for everyone.

Divergence means hardcore

Open PVP & Lootable Bodies

Open-PVP everywhere. No exceptions. If you don't like the way that alien is checking out your girl, put a bullet in his face. Just be prepapred to lose faction with the establishments bouncers who with enough ruckus may elect to toss your rear end out.
Lootable Corpses. You won't have an inventory full of thousands of ridiculous objects. All objects have a mass equivalent and slow you down based on your physical ability to carry loads. Don't carry your valuables on you!
Limited Permanent-Death. The most controversial of the controversial. Cloning in Divergence is common but not guaranteed. You'll need clone insurance, a few clones in storage, to be within the sphere of a cloning beacon and a race which can actually clone in order to avoid starting over on your character after death. Death means something, and thus life means something. Dancers, don't despair. Most NPC and player towns have their own cloning spheres.

Player housing and Cities

There are almost no instanced areas in Divergence. The world is so massive with so much free space to roam around in that players can start a player city virtually anywhere on the planets surface. But be certain to build defenses!

A modifiable World

Working in hand with our crafting system, there are a multitude of ways the player can affect the actual game world itself. Use a personal drill or drop a mining rig to drill down in your absence, or build up the terrain to a flat section perfect for putting that house on top of. If I were you, I wouldn't leave that equipment lying around too long though, privateers are all about. Better safe than sorry, put a turret near your rig! Bandits won't dare mess with your stuff if they could die and lose their own gear in the process. Unless of course, they have courage.

quote:

Divergence IS SWG v2.0
Complete recreation of SWGs Pre-CU professions system, including both the original 40+ SWG Professions and brand new professions such as Psychic, Hacker, and Operator.

Complete recreation of SWGs original and legendary crafting system, modernized and streamlined for maximum creativity without over-complication.

Tons of your favorite houses, structures, components and items completely recreated with up with a 1,000% increase in texture detail, with hundreds of additional items planned for recreation as well!

Complete overhaul and vast improvement to SWGs famed player housing and player cities features! Don't just drop a house, but truly manage it and your city's electrical power systems all from the comfort of your mayor's office!

Vast character customizability faithful yet vastly superior to SWGs original systems.

Total upgrade to SWGs original surveying and harvesting systems!

Massive upgrade from using only pre-made houses to now design your entire home(s) from scratch!

Download now

quote:

You don’t need to trust us… Play the fucker right now! Leery of cash-grab crowdsourced vaporware bullshit? We don’t blame you one bit… The internet is inundated with them nowadays, aren’t they. That’s why, instead of asking anyone to take our word for anything, you, the potential contributor can download the freaking thing right now and see that it isn’t a bunch of crap. It’s actually less than 30% crap as a matter of fact*! Why not right now? Think (for instance) our crafting system is a bunch of Photoshop malarkey? Download the drat thing and see for yourself this minute, sucker, at https://www.divergence-online.com/download

It's on IndieGogo right now. Been in development for several years, but this guy just can't seem to catch a break despite impressive results and a lack of funding. He's basically a one man development team but what's there is really impressive. It's definitely worth checking out based on the ambition alone.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/divergence-online--2#/story

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The Repopulation called and it wants it's thread title back.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I had to laugh when I saw the crafting interface and the slowly rotating graphic of the selected item. How many of those goddamn bofa treats did I see calmly rotating away, or CDEF pistols or those loving melons you started with?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

quote:

Open-PVP everywhere.

This isn't anything like SWG then.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
Their website sure has loud, obnoxious music that auto-plays. The mute button is tiny and hard to find. :mad:

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Nah, this isn't SWG 2.0. It's merely a reskinned SWG with one planet and some of the parts under the hood swapped out. Don't believe me?

SWG Corellian City Hall

Divergence: Online City Hall

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Yes, but can I eat people with giant trained rancors?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Only on tuesdays.

Man, this really does give off a strong Galaxies vibe.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Is this actually "liveish"? When you log on are you literally the only person on the server?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

It will be just you and one or two hateful poopsockers waiting to take advantage of PVP-Anywhere™.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So some of the perks of funding his blatant rip-off is alpha or beta access but in the sales pitch he gives the download link to play anyways?

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
I tried logging in last night, and was told at character creation that I didn't contribute enough for any race but Synthetic. Then my character loaded into an endless black void with my hud. A great experience all around.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

oTHi posted:

I tried logging in last night, and was told at character creation that I didn't contribute enough for any race but Synthetic. Then my character loaded into an endless black void with my hud. A great experience all around.

It's like old school SWG with some EA SWTOR race restrictions thrown in as a bonus.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Things are looking good

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
When in doubt, gently caress It. That's my motto.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

blueberrysmith posted:

When in doubt, gently caress It. That's my motto.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Really we need to be answering the important questions, what have jizzwailers been renamed to?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

This goes with your username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Watching the Indiegogo trailer my ears perked up when it mentioned Anarchy Online and showed some really interesting ideas for character races and skill combinations but then he showed all this Minecraft rubbish. Good luck to the two guys making this I guess?

• Locked thread