Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Cuckoo posted:

You posted 28 and skipped 27 in posts, I think. :shobon: For anyone interested in 27 just look at one video back in his channel or on the OP.

Fixed, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 30 - Show Some Spirit
We make our final pass through the Underground City, and run into some old friends!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 31 - Have a Heart
We check out the mines below the Underground City, and discover a rare artifact amidst some particularly strange enemies!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

That jester is my favorite enemy in the game.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This really is Dick Moves: the Game isn't it? :stare: All it's missing are old school unavoidable instadeath mechanics.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

This really is Dick Moves: the Game isn't it? :stare: All it's missing are old school unavoidable instadeath mechanics.

There aren't really too many of those. There is for sure one I recall, but that was all the way back in the underwater labyrinth

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 32 - Sneaking for a Spell
We do a final sweep of the mines and the Underground City, which means revisiting a very sleepy imp!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 33 - Nature Walk
With one of the eight artifacts of our quest in hand, we leave the Underground City and make our way to the Elder Tree!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 34 - Pondering Pressure Plates
We explore more of the Land of Roots and come across four pressure plates with no clear purpose!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 35 - Anvil of Fashion
We meet the fabulous caretaker of the Land of Roots and find some new clothes! Oh, and we acquire another major quest item.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 28, 2015

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 36 - Get Up, Get Down to Get Around
We have a chat with the Elder Tree itself and make a deal that will grant us passage to new lands!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

That roots thing is another quest that feels weirdly MMO-ey to me, like a typical gather quest instead of fetch quest. I completely forgot about the entire tree dungeon, maybe because it was comparatively dull compared to the Underground City and the zones that are coming up right after it.

Oh and the Amber Dragon was kind of lame too. Stonekeep did the whole "Dragons in Dungeons" (:haw:) thing way better; it had a similar first person dungeon crawling setup to it, but The dragon NPC, who was in the dungeon because it was chained and you were supposed to rescue it, was so huge that its body parts would block entire hallways of a dungeon - an arm here, a foot there, its tail and head. Made the thing feel loving massive during a time period where scaling things to size was almost impossible.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 37 - Regrowth
We put our healy stick to work and hunt down the roots that need restoration!

Mootiman
May 9, 2005
hmm that puzzle is pretty head-scratchy. i wonder if it's a matter of weighing them down in sequence and then letting up some of the earlier ones or something? that would be my only guess.

it kind of seemed like your magic levels stayed more competitive when you were just spamming heal versus skulling everyone left or right, but that just might have been more the ratio of enemies you were fighting versus the amount of spells you were casting since some of these later ones have way more guys.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
It's driving me crazy, you keep calling those water jet traps "fires".

I wasn't 100% sure until I saw them trigger in the start of this video as a rain effect.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Mootiman posted:

hmm that puzzle is pretty head-scratchy. i wonder if it's a matter of weighing them down in sequence and then letting up some of the earlier ones or something? that would be my only guess.

it kind of seemed like your magic levels stayed more competitive when you were just spamming heal versus skulling everyone left or right, but that just might have been more the ratio of enemies you were fighting versus the amount of spells you were casting since some of these later ones have way more guys.

You're on the right track! Also you may be right about the magic. Healing's even more mana / xp efficient now that we have the stick. I might decide to face tank some enemies in the next area for a bit to see how things go.

Melaneus posted:

I wasn't 100% sure until I saw them trigger in the start of this video as a rain effect.

Ohhhhhhhhh. I forgot about that spell. That makes me wonder what the other fire spell we have is.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 38 - Pathfinder
We finish up our task in the Land of Roots and spend some time out in the world searching for our next destination!

Burning Sensation
Sep 2, 2006

Apropos of nothing.
I'm quite enjoying your LP, good work so far. You're very diligent and whatnot and I wanted to let you know it's appreciated.

I tried this game a long time ago, but it triggered the hell out of my OCD, so I gave up before I got to any good part. It's proving to be quite a gem.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Melaneus posted:

I think those actually are fires, from the spell "Unholy Conflagration". The manual says "blue-hued flames erupt from the floor. Burning in place, these inflict damage". I don't think there are any water traps. Most of the dickishly placed traps in this game are spells that the player can cast him/herself.

Too bad you can't learn and cast the Giant Boulder of Fuckyou on enemies.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Burning Sensation posted:

I'm quite enjoying your LP, good work so far. You're very diligent and whatnot and I wanted to let you know it's appreciated.

I tried this game a long time ago, but it triggered the hell out of my OCD, so I gave up before I got to any good part. It's proving to be quite a gem.

Thanks!

Cuckoo posted:

I think those actually are fires, from the spell "Unholy Conflagration". The manual says "blue-hued flames erupt from the floor. Burning in place, these inflict damage". I don't think there are any water traps. Most of the dickishly placed traps in this game are spells that the player can cast him/herself.

Too bad you can't learn and cast the Giant Boulder of Fuckyou on enemies.

That's the spell I thought it was, but now I'm not so sure. It might also be Fountain of Scorching Vapors. I'll try to remember to cast the Unholy Conflagration spell next episode so we can all see for sure.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 39 - Dead Men
We go back to the ruined building to trade with short stuff and meet the last remaining defenders of The Barrier!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

That loving hand

Also yeah, those monkey guys are always tough but they seem to be hitting you extra hard. Maybe you're underleveled for the area and the game wants you to do Temple of the Moon first? I don't remember how scaling works in this game.
The baboon guys have sad lore by the way, they are apparently nice guys but work for the Warlord because if they don't he'll kill their king :smith:

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 40 - Lord Liberation
As we continue fighting through The Barrier, we meet the leader of the colossal baboons!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 41 - Spiky Doom
As we try to uncover the last remaining bits of The Barrier, we run into a rather nasty trap!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 42 - A Rare Gift
We complete our exploration of The Barrier and spend some time in the surrounding countryside as we make our way to the Temple of the Moon!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 43 - Nothing Is Sacred
Now inside the Temple of the Moon, we come across a curious magical quill, and learn the fate of the monks within!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I love the art in the Temple of the Moon. It's full of pretty sculptures and unique art assets and JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT :stonk:

Seriously, I get the vibe that the artist of this game really wanted to design for a horror game instead of an RPG.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

This game has some of the weirdest and best monsters I've ever seen in a dungeon crawler, and I like how it runs the full spectrum too. You've got badass barbarians as the first enemy you fight, snakes with fists for heads wielding daggers, undead pirates, golems made of blood, dragons, weird jesters that juggle and throw skulls at you, angry giant baboons, and whatever the gently caress those things in the Temple of the Moon are. Can't wait to see whatever weird rear end creatures this game throws at rojo next.

Not to mention most of them have cool death animations! My favorites are the sword guys getting their flesh burned off leaving only bones behind and the dragons loving EXPLODING when killed. That's metal as gently caress. :black101:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 10, 2015

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 44 - Hammer Time
We continue fighting our way through the Temple of the Moon, testing out our new lightning hammer as we go!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

There's definitely a bunch left to see on the monster front!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Those owl guys are called Minervan Harpies.

Also holy poo poo, I don't know if it's because your spear is really outdated or if bashing is better but the damage difference seems to be night and day. I hope you find an updated spear soon so those points don't go to waste :smith:

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 45 - It's Not Very Effective
We test out our hammer some more and struggle to grasp how to use what should be a nice item!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 46 - Weeping Moon
We gain audience with the Oracle of the temple and learn...not much, actually!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 47 - It's Super Effective
Oracle's tears in hand, we move on to the City of the Dead and finally unlock the secrets of a couple of our items!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 48 - Pressure Portals
We find ourselves beneath the City of the Dead only to realize that we may need 100%, nay, 1000% more rocks!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

The game's kid gloves are off obviously, Jesus :stare: I think the killer fart clouds are called Lurking Stench. That or Living Stench or something.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Missed a little chunk of the Moon Temple at 1:30 or so on episode 44, I'm sure it's just some random stuff though. This LP is super chill to do other stuff with it playing, enjoying it.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Victis posted:

Missed a little chunk of the Moon Temple at 1:30 or so on episode 44, I'm sure it's just some random stuff though. This LP is super chill to do other stuff with it playing, enjoying it.

Ah, nice catch! I'll try to make sure we check it out again before we leave the City of the Dead for good.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 49 - Spirit of Ivory
We come across a nasty area of the graveyard and meet a spirit who, for once, isn't trying to kill us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 50 - Ashen Bones
We start searching beneath the city once again and make a pit stop back at the Temple of the Moon!

• Locked thread