Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 51 - Power of Love
We encounter two more spirits, one captive and one captor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 52 - Ditching the Dead
We take a look at what might have been had we acted a little differently and finish up the City of the Dead!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 53 - Carnival of Clay
We make our way into the Eye of Clay and see the return of a very annoying enemy!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

The Eye of Clay looks like it's going to be full of fun fuckyou traps.

Also the ghost story was sad :smith: though I wasn't expecting such a hilariously tiny high-pitched voice to come out of the big evil guy.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 54 - GD Teleporters
Title says it all!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 55 - A Small Sacrifice
We meet with the Council of Clay and find a strange old man in a secluded cave!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

First you meet clay Doug, then Sean Connery. :stare:

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 56 - Should've Prayed
We fight our way into Gorge Keep and catch up with another potential protagonist!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Cuckoo posted:

The Eye of Clay looks like it's going to be full of fun fuckyou traps.

Just wait until you see the poo poo they pull in Gorge Keep!

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I've been really enjoying this LP. I doubt I'd have the patience to play this game myself, but it's a great game to watch. I wish I had known about it when it came out.

I, for one, am really enjoying watching you skewer enemies with that crazy spear. I'll admit that I've spoiled myself on weapons and the top tier swords are really cool. You owe it to yourself to take the one advantage you're given. I bet you could estimate how much damage it does (and thus whether its damage is affected by spear skill) by using an untrained weapon type for a while to gauge enemy's HP. My guess is that its damage is based on spear skill, it seems to be doing too much damage for that not to be the case, but who knows.

Do you know exactly what magic levels do? Obviously they increase the damage of your spells by a lot, but do they also reduce spell costs?

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Hey, guys. I'm sorry to say that due to a recording issue there won't be an episode today. I'll try to put up two tomorrow, though.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Do you know exactly what magic levels do? Obviously they increase the damage of your spells by a lot, but do they also reduce spell costs?

I believe magic levels increase damage / duration of spells, but they don't reduce the cost. I'll check the manual sometime tonight and if I find anything different I'll let you know.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 57 - On Ice
We work on solving ice man's problem and go through a nasty portion of Gorge Keep!

Episode 58 - Turn Around
We have to go back to go forward, and that means another trip through Gorge Keep!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Christ, what a way to end that last video. :allears: I said it before and I'll say it again, this is Dick Moves: The Game.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cuckoo posted:

Christ, what a way to end that last video. :allears: I said it before and I'll say it again, this is Dick Moves: The Game.

I dunno if you can blame that last one on the game, he kept backing up onto some spikes :D

That dungeon is an interesting idea, I'm glad you stumbled into the spear exploration method.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 59 - Mowing the Lawn
Back in the Reed Plain, we have to cut down both grass and enemies!

LaneWithCheese
Nov 29, 2015
Looks like I'm going through the backlog of this series because holy crap, you are entertaining to watch. Great audio quality, you made me chuckle, and this game intrigues me, even if I'd never play it myself.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

LaneWithCheese posted:

Looks like I'm going through the backlog of this series because holy crap, you are entertaining to watch. Great audio quality, you made me chuckle, and this game intrigues me, even if I'd never play it myself.

Thanks, hope you enjoy!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 60 - Size Matters
We make our way to the other side of the Reed Plain and into the Iron Titan!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Those loving Arachinfants :gonk: The giant guy is pretty creepy, too.

Too bad the Ettin had to die, he was funny.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 61 - Ups and Downs
We work on a solution for the giant fellow, with amusing results!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 62 - Downs and Middles
It seems like we're going around in circles as we try to shrink giant bro's middle. Also, he might want to hit the gym!

Episode 63 - Pits, Plates, and Portals
We cover new ground in a room we've already visited and fall into some more pits, mostly deliberately!

Disco_Bandit
Sep 8, 2006
Thanks for LPing this! I homebrewed the spiderbabies into my d&d game and the party was so disgusted by them they asked me to never use them again.

Boom McLoud
Feb 13, 2012
I don't think you ever noticed this lever

https://youtu.be/OU7MSE4TInM?t=16m56s

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Boom McLoud posted:

I don't think you ever noticed this lever

https://youtu.be/OU7MSE4TInM?t=16m56s

I think you're right. I'll try to make sure I check it out next time we're in the upper level.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 64 - Losing Weight
We find a switch hidden in plain sight (the same one that Boom McLoud found and I very foolishly passed right by) that opens up some new areas to explore!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 65 - Possibly Invincible Iron
We obtain an item that may be critical to our quest and a really sweet piece of gear!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 66 - Door Number One
We finish exploring the Iron Titan and take one last look at a locked door!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Hey, guys. Just wanted to give you a heads up that there won't be a new episode possibly until Monday. I'm pretty sick and not feeling up to recording.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Feel better soon!

Disco_Bandit
Sep 8, 2006
Get well soon! It's a crummy time of year to be sick.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Thanks for the well wishes! Anvil of Dawn will resume starting tomorrow.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 67 - Mud Stomping
We move on to our next location and find a very interesting item!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 68 - Back and Forth
We visit the portal area in the Quagmire and find that they are not easily traversed!

Episode 69 - Ambush
We visit an unexplored section of the Quagmire in search of more coins and run into a horde of little green men!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 70 - Whispers on the Wind
We go to claim our new sword and companion, but find more areas to explore on the way!

Disco_Bandit
Sep 8, 2006
It's too bad there isn't a very big (or at least, that I've seen) modding community for this game. It seems like it could really benefit from some little changes, like to the draw distance to build some atmosphere.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

bawbzilla posted:

It's too bad there isn't a very big (or at least, that I've seen) modding community for this game. It seems like it could really benefit from some little changes, like to the draw distance to build some atmosphere.

A modding community for this game would be great. One could probably create their own dungeons and monsters fairly easily these days since they are all basic tilesets.

Those Mirelurk enemies look really cool and make me want to see a Daganoth playthrough sometime. I wonder if the dialogue is any different and the humans snub him (probably not, it looks like the dialogue is identical between Bryce and Nalu playthroughs so far.)

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 71 - Fireborne
We find a way to the Warlord's tower, but we have one other area to visit first!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

bawbzilla posted:

Cuckoo posted:

A modding community for this game would be great. One could probably create their own dungeons and monsters fairly easily these days since they are all basic tilesets.

Those Mirelurk enemies look really cool and make me want to see a Daganoth playthrough sometime. I wonder if the dialogue is any different and the humans snub him (probably not, it looks like the dialogue is identical between Bryce and Nalu playthroughs so far.)

Yeah some mods would be pretty cool. I imagine that ship has sailed, though someone did send me a YouTube message about a save game editor / fixer that they made, which could be interesting to play around with. You can find a link to the tool on the GoG forums here. I sort of wonder if someone could more or less remake this game with the Grimrock 2 tools.

As far as Daganoth goes, I think he's pretty much identical, but with some FX on his voice. I'm a little bummed we haven't seen him (or Foxwen for that matter). Here's to hoping that I didn't miss anybody during my exploration, but it seems fairly plausible that I may have.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 72 - Seeing Purple
We continue our search for the Black Gnarl in Fire Mountain, but are constantly harried by the resident hagborn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 73 - Pit-iful Start
We come across a surprise in our search for iron marks and have a little trouble staying on the right floor!

• Locked thread