Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
EASTERN CONFERENCE
Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay - Went to the Cup last year, and I can't see a reason why they can't do it again.
2. Montreal - Even if Price can't replicate his historic season, I still think this is a good team.
3. Florida - When Jagr joined the Panthers, Huberdeau and Barkov's point totals increased. This is a decent young team waiting to make the next step.
--------------------
4. Detroit - Every year I go against Detroit, and every year they prove me wrong. Honestly, how do they keep doing it?
5. Boston - A difficult team to project. They still have good pieces, but I am having a difficult time figuring out how they can manage to make the playoffs. Chara is not Chara of five years ago.
6. Toronto - Will probably be a better team than people project, but still gonna be bad.
7. Buffalo - I liked the moves they made this offseason, but I still think they are a year or two away. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished slightly higher in this division.
8. Ottawa - This is a bad team.

Metropolitan
1. New York Rangers - Still the team to beat in this division.
2. New York Islanders - Tavares is going to win a Hart and Art Ross some year. Why not this year?
3. Pittsburgh - Hard to go against a team that still has Malkin & Crosby, but, ugh, I don't like the build of this team.
--------------------
4. Columbus - A healthy Columbus is a good team. Johansen is a star, baby.
5. Washington - Honestly, I think the 3-5 spots in this division will be hotly contested.
6. Philadelphia - I am an idiot because I still don't believe in Steve Mason.
7. Carolina - Other than Arizona, there's not another team that I have a difficult time coming up with more than 5 players on the roster.
8. New Jersey - New Jersey is so loving bad. Schneider may elevate them, but this team is so bad.

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Central
1. St. Louis - Another year, another good regular season, another year where I choose them as a Stanley Cup winner, another year where I am a wrong idiot. The circle of life.
2. Chicago - There's no reason to go against this team. Even if they lose Kane, I don't see the team taking that much of a hit.
3. Minnesota - After St. Louis and Chicago, I have no idea how this division will go. Every team after those two have their issues. I don't think Dubnyk will be a Vezina contender again (huge prediction!)
--------------------
4. Dallas - Another flawed team. I believe that Lehtonen/Niemi will be better than last year's goaltending.
5. Nashville - Yet another flawed team.
6. Winnipeg - I don't know. What's with their goaltending? I don't know.
7. Colorado - From Minnesota to Colorado, I think this will be a super tight division. Don't believe any of these predictions.

Pacific
1. Anaheim - Again, hard to go against this team right now.
2. Los Angeles - I don't see the Kings missing the playoffs again.
3. Calgary - I Believe in Monahan & Gaudreau.
--------------------
4. San Jose - I have no idea. Another difficult team to project.
5. Vancouver - Nope nope nope.
6. Edmonton - This team is finally turning the tide, but still a little bit away. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish higher.
7. Arizona - The worst team in the league.

STANLEY CUP FINALS: TB def. ANA
WCF: ANA def. ST.L
ECF: TB def. MON

AWARDS
Hart: Tavares
Richard: Ovechkin
Art Ross: Tavares
Vezina: Lundqvist
Norris: Giordano
Calder: McDavid
Selke: ?
Lady Byng: ?
Jack Adams: ?

TEAMS
Most Improved Team (Points), EAST: Buffalo
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Ottawa
Most Improved Team (Points), WEST: Edmonton
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Vancouver
Most Goals Scored: Tampa Bay
Least Goals Scored: Arizona
Most Goals Allowed: Arizona
Least Goals Allowed: New York Rangers

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 75-80
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 26-48-74
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 17-44-61
Most Improved Player, West: Nail Yakupov
Most Improved Player, East: Brayden Schenn
Bounceback Player, West: Nathan MacKinnon
Bounceback Player, East:
First Coach Fired, West: Dave Tippet
First Coach Fired, East: Claude Julien
Goals by Phil Kessel: 36
Best Canadian Team By Points: Montreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

If you are predicting STL as a stanley cup winner in your breakdown of the conference standings, why do you have Anaheim beating them in the WCF :confused:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

And how does Tampa Bay beat Montréal for the ECF if they're 1-2 in the atlantic?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

If you are predicting STL as a stanley cup winner in your breakdown of the conference standings, why do you have Anaheim beating them in the WCF :confused:

I wrote it quickly, but it was my dumb attempt to make fun of myself for continually picking STL to win the Cup, just like I used to do with SJ. I tried to resist the urge this year.

Vincent Van Goat posted:

And how does Tampa Bay beat Montréal for the ECF if they're 1-2 in the atlantic?

I just went with who I thought the best two teams in the Conference were. I didn't really think about it.

Thanks for reading, guys!

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 21, 2015

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
don't bother reading anyone's prediction except mine because mine is the only one that is right and good

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Atlantic

1. TAMPA BAY - Best team in the NHL, them not even having the good part of Drouin/Vasilevsky yet is terrifying. President's Trophy
2. MONTREAL - As most have said, Price likely won't be quite as good, but I like their roster
3. DETROIT - Can't count them out, basically the same team as last year plus Green
--------------------
4. FLORIDA (WC2) - They beat out Columbus/Philadelphia in a really close race for WC2
5. OTTAWA - Mediocre team, basically what they were last year before Lalime came up I mean Hammond
6. BOSTON - They fall hard. I think their older guys are getting worse and more injury-prone
7. BUFFALO - They get a lot better but that defense/goaltending is still completely inept/AHL-caliber
8. TORONTO - This is a total rebuild year, they're gonna give up a lot of goals again and don't have Kessel

Metropolitan

1. PITTSBURGH - I like the young D and the addition of Kessel makes them the division champions
2. NY RANGERS - They won't win the President's Trophy again and might take a small step back, but they're still really good, especially systemically
3. WASHINGTON - I love the Caps this year, they could pass the Rangers
--------------------
4. NY ISLANDERS (WC1) - They take a step back, as teams know what to expect, but they still make the playoffs and score a ton of goals
5. COLUMBUS - They just miss the playoffs, their defense is still pretty bad even though I think Murray hits 40+ points this year
6. PHILADELPHIA - They surprise people and are competent all year, but I don't think Mason puts up a .925+ again
7. CAROLINA - They are trending up but still terrible
8. NEW JERSEY - Worst loving offense, but Schneider keeps them from surefire last overall

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. ST LOUIS - Another great regular season!
2. NASHVILLE - I don't think the offense will be as good, but that D plus Rinne is awesome
3. CHICAGO - They're still the Hawks
--------------------
4. MINNESOTA (WC1) - They have a good year, although Dubnyk will obviously regress
5. WINNIPEG (WC2) - If they had a goalie they'd be real good, especially with their prospects
6. DALLAS - Goaltending is better
7. COLORADO - Same old; spots 3-6 are pretty close again

Pacific

1. ANAHEIM - Ducks handily win this poo poo division
2. LOS ANGELES - They're not missing again
3. CALGARY - That D is too good
--------------------
4. SAN JOSE - They're getting younger and trending down
5. EDMONTON - Finally somewhat resembling of an NHL team
6. VANCOUVER - They are mad lovely
7. ARIZONA - Clear worst team in the league

STANLEY CUP FINALS: TAMPA BAY def. ANAHEIM
WCF: ANAHEIM def. NASHVILLE
ECF: TAMPA BAY def. WASHINGTON

AWARDS
Hart: Sidney Crosby
Richard: Alexander Ovechkin
Art Ross: Sidney Crosby
Vezina: Henrik Lundqvist
Norris: Victor Hedman
Calder: Connor McDavid
Selke: Aleksandr Barkov
Jack Adams: Barry Trotz

TEAMS
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Boston
Least Goals Scored: New Jersey
Least Goals Allowed: Nashville

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 78
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 27-50-77
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 31-25-56
Most Improved Player, West: Vladimir Nichushkin
Most Improved Player, East: Aleksandr Barkov
Bounceback Player, West: Nathan McKinnon
Bounceback Player, East: Jonathon Drouin
First Coach Fired, West: Lindy Ruff
Goals by Phil Kessel: 39

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Lightning
2. Big cats
3. PK Subban and friends
--------------------
4. Eichel and friends
5. Wings
6.Sens
7. Bruins
8. Garbage fire without
Kessel

Dark horse Panthers start kicking rear end as Jagr starts loving models weekly to gain their youth.

Metropolitan

1. Pens
2. Rangers
3. Islanders
--------------------
4. Jackets
5. Flyers
6. Caps
7. Canes
8. Devils

The Pens win out with their new found hot dog king. All the other places after 1,2,3 are up in the air and by all I mean 4, 5, and 6 because the Canes and Devils blow.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. Hawks
2. Preds
3. Stars
--------------------
4. Blues
5. Colorado
6. Wild
7. Jets

Hawks still win Central with locker room cancer Sharp gone, Forsberg keeps getting better and Rinne staying healthy keeps the Preds in second. The Stars have so much offense and picked up some alright D in the off season. The Blues traded away Backes and we learn that his grit was the heart and soul of the team as they flounder. Like last year ever Central team has 90+ points and don't all make the playoffs because of bullshit.
Pacific

1. Ducks
2. Flames
3. Sharks
--------------------
4. Kings
5. McDavid
6. Canucks
7. Yotes

As bad as the Canucks are they won't be worse than Arizona, the Ducks are too good to not win it, the Flames with a healthy team easily take second and the
Sharks and Kings fight for the 3rd spot. Oilers score 1000 goals but let 2000 in.

STANLEY CUP FINALS: Hawks def. Panthers
WCF: Hawks def. Ducks
ECF: Panthers def. Pens

TEAMS
Most Improved Team (Points), EAST: Panthers
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Leafs
Most Improved Team (Points), WEST: McDavid
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Canucks
Most Goals Scored: Stars
Least Goals Scored: Yotes
Most Goals Allowed: Leafs
Least Goals Allowed: Blues

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 80
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 27-34-61
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 22-40-62
Most Improved Player, West: Seth Jones
Most Improved Player, East: Jagr.
Bounceback Player, West: McKinnon
Bounceback Player, East: Kessel
First Coach Fired, West: Willie
First Coach Fired, East: Caupano
Goals by Phil Kessel: 49
Best Canadian Team By Points: Canadians

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 27, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
If the Hawks win again I quit hockey, RC Cola

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Lightning
2. Red Wings
3. Canadiens
--------------------
4. Panthers*
5. Bruins
6. Senators
7. Sabres
8. Maple Leafs

Bolts stay good, Wings added a lot of middle-of-the-roster upside in Richards and Green who will make a big impact due to not being the top guys/under pressure. Price will be a very good human again, though they added Gilbert on D which lightens the load on Markov. Panthers are good, but still have some strong competition, they might even top the Habs. Bruins can't drop that far with Rask in net and Bergeron/Krejci up front, but they're uncertain or weakening in a lot of areas. Senators just aren't that good of a team, though they have a great starter and good backup. Sabres are the most improved team up front, but they're uncertain in goal and are going to take time to adjust to trying to win. Leafs are the only team in this division who seems poised to tank, especially with Lou poised to deal a ton of impending UFAs.

Metropolitan

1. Rangers
2. Capitals
3. Penguins
--------------------
4. Blue Jackets*
5. Flyers
6. Islanders
7. Devils
8. Hurricanes

Rangers stay very good, with Yandle being a massive upgrade and already seasoned youngsters filling the newly opened roles. Caps have the best team they've had in years, and adding Oshie and Williams gives them two new secondary scoring threats, who will have easier starts because the #1/2 matchup is always Ovi/Backstrom. Penguins are uncertain on defense, but simply having a healthy team will be a benefit, and Phil Kessel rules. Columbus has a ton of talent and has the biggest gain from being healthy, Bob is a great goalie who just needs a working team in front of him, and this team is easily fighting for a wildcard or better if they're healthy. Flyers are a much-improved team, but they're still got a couple expensive question marks/smudges in the lineup plus a new coach to get them set in their system - also a 90-100 point team. Isles haven't added much and struggled down the stretch last year, and they've got a lot of tough opponents to face. Devils are a rebuilding team who will be kept afloat by Schneider. Hurricanes have some great players who are looking to return to form, and a beast on D in Justin Faulk, but it is unlikely everything goes their way faced with this competition. Still, probably not a lottery team unless they trade a big piece or two for futures.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. Predators
2. Blues
3. Wild
--------------------
4. Stars*
5. Blackhawks*
6. Jets
7. Avalanche

Holy gently caress, what a division. Stars are a serious contender for most goals for and against. Hawks are going to be nursing the LA Kings style cup hangover with fatigue setting in and a scandal looming, though they seem to have managed their cap situation really well and brought in some great new faces. Preds are a solid team and Seth Jones is just making their badass blueline even better. Blues gave up Oshie for some reason but they'll probably still be good and see a first round exit. Wild have a deep, though inconsistent team which finally came together at the end of last year and doesn't look ready to fall apart - they could be even better. Jets still have questionable goaltending but enough talent in the lineup to throw their weight around a tough division. Avs just don't have a good enough team to hold up here.

Pacific

1. Ducks
2. Sharks
3. Kings
--------------------
4. Flames
5. Oilers
6. Canucks
7. Coyotes

Ducks have a cakewalk through this division, with their awesome Swedes like Lindholm and Hagelin. Sharks lost a good coach but also added two solid guys in the middle of the lineup, plus their division isn't that great. Kings won't be fighting fatigue and scandal this year (oh, wait...) and Lucic will be a good asset in this division. Flames have some good parts, but I don't see everyone scoring like they did last year. Oilers are much improved, and they've surely got the talent to convert some of those 14 OTLs into 3v3 wins, plus they got a real goalie who is already trained. I have no idea what the Canucks are doing but their best players aren't putting up 100 points each anymore and Sedin Sutter Horvat spare tire ahahaha. Coyotes are trying to lose, which gives the other teams some easy wins.

STANLEY CUP FINALS: NYR def. ANA
WCF: ANA def. NAS
ECF: NYR def. TBL

AWARDS
Hart: Kessel :getin:
Richard: Stamkos
Art Ross: Crosby
Vezina: Lundqvist (non-homer pick: Bobrovsky)
Norris: Weber (he's gotta win it once, right?)
Calder: Lindberg (non-homer pick: Eichel)
Selke: Nash (for being good last year)
Lady Byng: Brad Richards
Jack Adams: AV (no Homers pick: Hakstol)

TEAMS
Most Improved Team (Points), EAST: Sabres (+22 | 76)
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Canadiens / Islanders (-14 | 96/87)
Most Improved Team (Points), WEST: Oilers (+22 | 84)
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Canucks (-20 | 81)
Most Goals Scored: Rangers (non-homer pick: Lightning
Least Goals Scored: Coyotes
Most Goals Allowed: Maple Leafs
Least Goals Allowed: Rangers (non-homer pick: Wild)

Sabres were trying to lose games. They added a lot of talent, but goaltending is still uncertain. Habs are still going to struggle scoring, and Price will regress to being a very good human, and the Islanders are in a division where four teams significantly improved, one stays good, and two are bad. Oilers aren't going to be a great team, but Talbot will help them win a few more games, and they are going to convert a lot of those 14 OT losses into 3v3 wins with the guys they have.

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 81
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 20-30-50
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 20-30-50
Most Improved Player, West: Jacob Markstrom
Most Improved Player, East: JT Miller
Bounceback Player, West: Artem Anisimov
Bounceback Player, East: Evander Kane
First Coach Fired, West: Sedin Bonino Richardson Horvat
First Coach Fired, East: Capuano
Goals by Phil Kessel: 30ES + 14PP = 44
Best Canadian Team By Points: Canadiens (96)

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay
2. Montréal
3. Detroit
--------------------
4. Florida
5. Ottawa
6. Boston
7. Buffalo
8. Toronto

Metropolitan

1. NY Rangers
2. Pittsburgh
3. Washington
--------------------
4. NY Islanders (WC1)
5. Philadelphia (WC2)
6. Columbus
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. Nashville
2. Chicago
3. St. Louis
--------------------
4. Minnesota (WC2)
5. Dallas
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

Pacific

1. Anaheim
2. San Jose
3. Calgary
--------------------
4. Los Angeles (WC1)
5. Vancouver
6. Edmonton
7. Arizona

STANLEY CUP FINALS: NY Rangers def. Anaheim
WCF: Anaheim def. Chicago
ECF: NY Rangers def. Tampa Bay

AWARDS
Hart: Stamkos
Vezina: Rinne
Norris: Hedman
Selke: Bergeron
Lady Byng: Kopitar
Jack Adams: Laviolette

TEAMS
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Boston
Most Goals Scored: Pittsburgh
Most Goals Allowed: Toronto

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 84
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 22/38/60
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 18/35/53
Most Improved Player, West: Seth Jones
Most Improved Player, East: Jonathan Drouin
Bounceback Player, West: Jason Spezza
Bounceback Player, East: Ryan McDonaugh
First Coach Fired, West: Dave Tippett
Goals by Phil Kessel: 37
Best Canadian Team By Points: Montréal

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay (Best East team)
2. Montreal
3. Detroit
--------------------
4. Florida (WC2)
5. Boston
6. Buffalo
7. Ottawa
8. Toronto

Metropolitan

1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. NY Rangers
--------------------
4. Columbus (WC1)
5. NY Islanders
6. New Jersey
7. Philadelphia
8. Carolina

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. St. Louis
2. Minnesota
3. Chicago
--------------------
4. Nashville (WC1)
5. Dallas (WC2)
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

Pacific

1. Anaheim (President's Trophy winners)
2. Los Angeles
3. Edmonton
--------------------
4. San Jose
5. Calgary
6. Vancouver
7. Arizona

STANLEY CUP FINALS: TB def. LA 4-3
WCF: LA def. MIN 4-1
ECF: TB def. WSH 4-2

AWARDS
Hart: Crosby
Vezina: Price
Norris: Shea Weber
Selke: Toews
Lady Byng: Raffi Torres Datsyuk
Jack Adams: McLellan

TEAMS
Most Goals Scored: Dallas
Least Goals Scored: Toronto
Least Goals Allowed: Montreal

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 80
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 21-50-71
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 28-30-58
Most Improved Player, West: Justin Schultz
Most Improved Player, East: Jonathan Drouin
Bounceback Player, West: Taylor Hall
Bounceback Player, East: Phil Kessel
First Coach Fired, West: Patrick Roy
First Coach Fired, East: Jack Capuano
Goals by Phil Kessel: 38

Kilza fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 7, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Not predictions, this is what will actually happen. My partner's cat Kiki told me so.

EASTERN CORNFERENCE

Atlantis

1. Tampa Bay
2. Montreal
3. Florida
--------------------
4. Detroit (WC2)
5. Boston
6. Toronto
7. Ottawa
8. Buffalo

-T-bay is a cool team but the media really has to drop this triplets nonsense. I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to Bishop, but I can't deny that he was good. Lots of weapons and a really fun brand of hockey.
- People are calling Torontoh and Buffaloh Desert Hockey bad. Nothing is that bad. TO will be fine and probably even a bubble team until the fire sale (when they burn down Phaneufs house and sell his organs). BO has to get better and could actually be a fun team to watch... probably not from a fan's perspective, but in general.
- Montreal has a great core but carries too much dead weight and lol Therrien GRIND GRIND GRIND! Price will probably Jesus it up nearly as much as last year and Piquant will melt all our hearts.
- Detroit could go either way. New coach, some potentially nice additions up front and on the back end, and hopefully they throw Howard into the river and let Marzipan shine. I like them for a WC spot to continue the streak.
- Ottawa is a bad team with a bad owner and stop wasting Karlssons prime already you fuckwits! Robble Robble.
- Rask is a good goalie. He should be GM. Hell, my partner's cat could probably do an adequate job at this rate (IIRC they drafted Kiki with one of the picks they got for Dougie).

Neopolitan

1. KESSEL HOT DOG GOAL MACHINES
2. Washington
3. NY Rangers
--------------------
4. Islanders (WC1)
5. Columbus (WC2a)
6. Cheese Steaks
7. Caroilna
8. lol that offense.

- The Flightless Birds are going to score all the goals, Flower man will prove all the haters wrong again (in the regular season), and the D will hold together. Best top 6 I can ever recall (other than the Stars this year).
- Them dirty Rags are a good team but the Lunk, though still as thick as a castle wall, is getting older and should show signs of a slow steady decline. AV's system is good and, though boring at times, this team will win lots of blim blam games.
- People are hot on Philly. This is a wrong opinion. Mason is mortal, that D core is a D corpse, and Yacook Voralchuk is taking a step back this year. Napoleon is just too full of good team for them to make the step.
- Maaaaaan, the BJs got such a tooth scraping last season. Boomer the Cannon shot dead half the roster. I feel for this team and they are a good team. Foligno's sad johnson is a good line but over-hyped in the off season. Still, going to be fun to watch (them just barely miss the playoffs)
-Tavares is the man and that team is fun to watch but ohhhhh man does Crappuccino have to Go. Halak is Halak so whatever, you know, gently caress it. Islanders should have a solid season building on last year and get hosed in the playoffs by poor coaching (really, 11 shots on goal in a game 7? Only 3 of them coming from forwards? How is that even possible?).
- Washington is a cool team and got a lot better. That goalie they got is the real deal. Ovie owns and fatty McNoNeck 2.0 is a good coach. They will be in a tight race with Hot Dogs and Rangers.

WESTERN COCKFRONT

CEEENTRAL! - *BRING THE BLOOOD*

1. Dallas
2. Dallas
3. Dallas
--------------------
4. Dallas (WC1)
5. Dallas (WC2)
6. Dallas
7. Colorado

- Dallas is all the teams this year. That's why the central is a meat grinder. It's all goals all the time. Goalies? Who gives a gently caress. Tape two Finns together and call it chinese soup. We got Pizza, Party Boy, Wife Swap, and Benns coming out the wazoo (Victor E. Green's, that is). You want slick young kids on D? We got em! You want funny jumbotro jabs? We got em! You want hillarious Twitter slap fights? No? Whatever, unfollow us. We'll even throw in a bonus Patrick-Roy-throwing-a-tantrum-after-getting-fired-before-christmas media scrum. All you need is goals, baby.

Pracific

1. Vancouver (President's trophy)
2. Anaheim
3. SHARK SHARK SHARK
--------------------
4. L.A.
5. Calgary
6. Edmonton
9. Arizona

- HahahhaHAHhahahH, what a lovely bunch of losers. Van-city is playing the long con. They've been setting us all up for years now. The Sedins are actually robots who were programmed to slow down... until this season! Sutter is a sleeper agent instructed to play like a ball of frozen snot for years, when in reality he's a true generational talent. Miller had eye adjustment surgery in secret this offseason and will be able to actually see the puck (yeah, he was that good in buffalo even when half blind). Sbisa has just been drunk the last 5 years (I mean reeeeally drunk). Everyone else has been fed pseudoephedrine for months/years on end to deflate their actual skill. This team cannot lose a game. First ever perfect season. Jim Boner will be elected Mayor or Vancouver and get a statue.

STANLEY CUP FINALS: VAN def. DAL 4-3 (DALLAS IS ALL THE TEAMS)
WCF: VAN def. DAL4-1
ECF: DAL def. PIT 4-2

AWARDS
Hart: Seguin
Richard: Dallas
Norris: Spicey Subban
Calder: McEichel
Selke: DALLAS
Lady Byng: DALLAS!
Jack Adams: The Central Division

TEAMS
Most Improved Team (Points), WEST: Vancouver
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Colorado (0 points)
Least Goals Scored: Dallas
Most Goals Allowed: Dallas
Least Goals Allowed: DALLAS!

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 164
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 25-50-60
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 28-32-75
Most Improved Player, West: Sbisa
Most Improved Player, East: Dallas
Bounceback Player, West: Swedish Robot Twins (150 pts each)
Pie Eating Contest, East: Phil Kessel
First Coach Fired, West: Patrick Roy - Comedy option: they don't fire him!
First Coach Fired, East: Seriously, it's game loving 7 against your arch rivals aND YOU PULL THAT poo poo?!
Goals by Phil Kessel: 69
Best Canadian Team By Points: Dallas

Kiki approves this message. Rusty does not because he is dead now.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 7, 2015

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
EASTERN CONFERENCE
Atlantic
1 Tampa Bay
2 Montreal
3 Detroit
--------------------
4 Ottawa
5 Boston
6 Buffalo
7 Florida
8 Toronto

Metropolitan
1 Pittsburgh
2 NY Rangers
3 Washington
--------------------
4 NY Islanders
5 Philadelphia
6 Columbus
7 New Jersey
8 Carolina

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Central
1 St. Louis
2 Chicago
3 Nashville
--------------------
4 Minnesota
5 Dallas
6 Winnipeg
7 Colorado

Pacific
1 Anaheim
2 Los Angeles
3 Vancouver
--------------------
4 Calgary
5 San Jose
6 Edmonton
7 Arizona

STANLEY CUP FINALS: Anaheim def. NYR
WCF: Anaheim def. St. Louis
ECF: NYR def. Pittsburgh

AWARDS
Hart: Ovechkin
Norris: Subban
Calder: Eichel
Selke: Kopitar
Lady Byng: Bergeron
Jack Adams: Byslma

TEAMS
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: NJ
Most Improved Team (Points), WEST: LAK
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Winnipeg
Least Goals Scored: Florida
Most Goals Allowed: Edmonton

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 93
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 25-39-64
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 31-30-61
Most Improved Player, West: McKinnon
Most Improved Player, East: B. Schenn
Bounceback Player, West: Kaner
Bounceback Player, East: Giroux
First Coach Fired, West: Dave Tippet
First Coach Fired, East: Bill Peters
Goals by Phil Kessel: 35

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Not predictions, this is what will actually happen. My partner's cat Kiki told me so.

kiki is a good catte and this is a great post

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Kiki wins the Rusty Memorial Trophy.

I think Benn and Seguin have a serious shot at the Art Ross over Crosby, though.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay
(easy pick for conference champs)
2. Detroit
(still pretty good imo)
3. Montreal
(worse team than record showed. Like their offseason but Therrien is still coach, if Price regresses to merely excellent they still lose a bunch of points)
--------------------
4. Boston
(healthy Krejci is a huge deal, Lucic wasn't that good anyway, but could see them swap with Florida)
5. Florida
(not enough roster change to make me think they can take a step, but could move up via Boston's subtraction)
6. Ottawa
(bad team, cinderella run, midnight time)
7. Toronto
(yyyyyup)
8. Buffalo
(no matter how good Eichel is no team is getting anywhere with Lehner/Johnson as their tandem, my vote for most GA in East)

Metropolitan

1. Pittsburgh
(go Kessel)
2. New York Rangers
(they're good)
3. Washington Capitals
(like their offseason)
--------------------
4. New York Islanders WC1
(about the same I guess?)
5. Columbus Blue Jackets WC2
(Johansen/Saad is legit)
6. Philadelphia
(sorry about your D Philly fans)
7. Carolina
(bad)
8. New Jersey
(those forwards...)

I don't have a lot of opinions on the west, tbh.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. St. Louis
2. Chicago
3. Dallas
--------------------
4. Nashville WC1
5. Winnipeg WC2
(assuming they wise up and play Hutchison more)
6. Minnesota
(I don't believe in Dubnyk)
7. Colorado

Pacific

1. Anaheim
2. San Jose
(like Martin signing, see what Jones can do)
3. Calgary
(didn't like their team last year but made good moves)
--------------------
4. Los Angeles
5. Edmonton
(Maybe Cam Talbot and Nilsson can do the job but I don't know enough about them)
6. Vancouver
(sorry Canucks fans)
7. Arizona
(lol)

I don't feel like doing the rest.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

If the Nilsson you're talking about is Anders Nilsson from the Isles, I would not count on him for anything. Also, I was completely sold on Cam last year, but I don't know how he'll do behind Oilers defense as opposed to the Rangers'.

I predict the Metro will get both wildcard spots on the east. The Atlantic will go Tampa, Montréal, Florida, with Detroit going down because of bad juju. Metro goes Pittsburgh, Rangers, Washington, Isles, Philly.

I think Philly has made some pretty good moves lately given what Hextall was given to work with. They are on the right track and it would not be surprising for the players to be reenergized with the retooling.

Isles have had a quiet offseason, will put many shots (and goals) on net, but continue to be mid tier. Ecause of a middling coach and a very "defense-lasy" sort of team make-up. Goaltending doesn't help any, either. But then again, BEST 4TH LINE IN HOCKEY.

Washington is very, very solid. Their power play borders on being unfair. Holtby in net is a bonus. Best pure goal scorer (ever) and his supporting cast fuckin' bulldoze competition. The defense is whatever but whenever Ovie is on the ice, it's terrifying.

Rangers are hoping for some younguns to develop and for Hank to hold on. I believe he will stay as consistent as ever. Hopefully the King doesn't get off to his infamous slow starts. AV's coaching doss very well for the team, and the face offs should not be as much a problem. Definitely playoff bound, but I could see them being third in metro.

The Pens are gonna be good. They are good. And just added a winger. Phil fuckin' Kessel. Unfortunately, I think MAF has improved under his sports psychologist/voodoo man/goalie coaching. The MAFfenings have been somewhat contained. The defense is suspect, but I think their offense more, MORE than makes up for it.

Who the gently caress cares about the west or anything else.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay
2. Montreal
3. Detroit
--------------------
4. Florida
5. Boston
6. Buffalo
7. Ottawa
8. Toronto

Metropolitan

1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. NYR
--------------------
4. NYI (Wild Card)
5. Columbus (Wild Card)
6. Philly
7. NJ
8. Carolina

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. St Louis
2. Nashville
3. Chicago
--------------------
4. Minnesota (Wild Card)
5. Dallas (Wild Card)
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

Pacific

1. Anaheim
2. Los Angeles
3. San Jose
--------------------
4. Calgary
5. Vancouver (They're bad, but the Edmonton defense is still the Edmonton defense)
6. Edmonton (McDavid is not a goalie or a defenseman)
7. Arizona (Holy poo poo what a dumpster fire)

STANLEY CUP FINALS: WSH def. ANA
WCF: ANA def. LA
ECF: WSH def. TBL

AWARDS
Norris: Subban
Calder: Eichel
Selke: Bergeron
Lady Byng: Datsyuk
Jack Adams: Barry Trotz

TEAMS
Most Goals Allowed: Edmonton
Least Goals Allowed: St. Louis

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 74
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 28-57-85
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 35-52-87
Most Improved Player, West: Nathan Mackinnon
Most Improved Player, East: Nazem Kadri
Bounceback Player, West: Jason Spezza
Bounceback Player, East: Phil Kessel
First Coach Fired, West: Dave Tippett (Coyotes)
First Coach Fired, East: Claude Julien (Bruins)
Goals by Phil Kessel: 51
Best Canadian Team By Points: Montreal (106)

Yaya fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 7, 2015

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I ain't doing players/awards because I don't know poo poo.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay
2. Montreal
3. Detroit
--------------------
4. Boston (WC2)
5. Ottawa
6. Florida
7. Buffalo
8. Toronto

Metropolitan

1. NY Rangers
2. NY Islanders
3. Washington
--------------------
4. Pittsburgh (WC1)
5. Columbus
6. Philadelphia
7. Carolina
8. New Jersey

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. Chicago
2. Nashville
3. St. Louis
--------------------
4. Dallas (WC1)
5. Minnesota (WC2)
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

Pacific

1. Anaheim
2. Los Angeles
3. Calgary
--------------------
4. Edmonton
5. San Jose
6. Vancouver
7. Arizona

WCF: Anaheim over Chicago
ECF: Tampa Bay over Washington
SCF: Anaheim over Tampa Bay

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Rotten Cookies posted:

If the Nilsson you're talking about is Anders Nilsson from the Isles, I would not count on him for anything. Also, I was completely sold on Cam last year, but I don't know how he'll do behind Oilers defense as opposed to the Rangers'.

He plays deep in his net which requires at least having a defenseman in position, so he's gonna get burned by a lot of "this guy scored" plays, but he's also going to help them out in 3v3 OT because he can play a single player pretty well. Any changes would require goaltending coaching, which is a giant question mark.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Zodijackylite posted:

Calder: Lindberg (non-homer pick: Eichel)

Looks like a good pick so far.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jack Adams: Todd Richards

Haha. No one predicted Todd Richards to be the first coach fired.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ThinkTank posted:

Haha. No one predicted Todd Richards to be the first coach fired.

Yeah, I just came here to bring that back up. That pick went well. :laffo:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

BAD PREDICTIONS INBOUND

Pretty much the only thing I've been right about so far.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay - Went to the Cup last year, and I can't see a reason why they can't do it again.
2. Montreal - Even if Price can't replicate his historic season, I still think this is a good team.
3. Florida - When Jagr joined the Panthers, Huberdeau and Barkov's point totals increased. This is a decent young team waiting to make the next step.
--------------------
4. Detroit - Every year I go against Detroit, and every year they prove me wrong. Honestly, how do they keep doing it?
5. Boston - A difficult team to project. They still have good pieces, but I am having a difficult time figuring out how they can manage to make the playoffs. Chara is not Chara of five years ago.
6. Toronto - Will probably be a better team than people project, but still gonna be bad.
7. Buffalo - I liked the moves they made this offseason, but I still think they are a year or two away. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished slightly higher in this division.
8. Ottawa - This is a bad team.

Well, I was dead wrong about Montreal, but I was correct about Florida, so I'm even. I expected Ottawa to be worse than they are. I don't really know why I placed Toronto out of the basement, but truthfully, they haven't looked to be as bad of a team as everyone projected. I mean, they are still currently in last, but they aren't that bad, y'know (terrible argument)?

quote:

Metropolitan
1. New York Rangers - Still the team to beat in this division.
2. New York Islanders - Tavares is going to win a Hart and Art Ross some year. Why not this year?
3. Pittsburgh - Hard to go against a team that still has Malkin & Crosby, but, ugh, I don't like the build of this team.
--------------------
4. Columbus - A healthy Columbus is a good team. Johansen is a star, baby.
5. Washington - Honestly, I think the 3-5 spots in this division will be hotly contested.
6. Philadelphia - I am an idiot because I still don't believe in Steve Mason.
7. Carolina - Other than Arizona, there's not another team that I have a difficult time coming up with more than 5 players on the roster.
8. New Jersey - New Jersey is so loving bad. Schneider may elevate them, but this team is so bad.

I was very wrong about this division. Until I just looked it up, I didn't realize Carolina and New Jersey were above 80 points.

quote:

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Central
1. St. Louis - Another year, another good regular season, another year where I choose them as a Stanley Cup winner, another year where I am a wrong idiot. The circle of life.
2. Chicago - There's no reason to go against this team. Even if they lose Kane, I don't see the team taking that much of a hit.
3. Minnesota - After St. Louis and Chicago, I have no idea how this division will go. Every team after those two have their issues. I don't think Dubnyk will be a Vezina contender again (huge prediction!)
--------------------
4. Dallas - Another flawed team. I believe that Lehtonen/Niemi will be better than last year's goaltending.
5. Nashville - Yet another flawed team.
6. Winnipeg - I don't know. What's with their goaltending? I don't know.
7. Colorado - From Minnesota to Colorado, I think this will be a super tight division. Don't believe any of these predictions.

I believed in Columbus, and I believed in Winnipeg. Both let me down. I also didn't believe in Dubnyk. Basically, I have terrible hockey predicitions.

quote:

Pacific
1. Anaheim - Again, hard to go against this team right now.
2. Los Angeles - I don't see the Kings missing the playoffs again.
3. Calgary - I Believe in Monahan & Gaudreau.
--------------------
4. San Jose - I have no idea. Another difficult team to project.
5. Vancouver - Nope nope nope.
6. Edmonton - This team is finally turning the tide, but still a little bit away. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish higher.
7. Arizona - The worst team in the league.

Well, other than Calgary, and my erroneous belief that Arizona would be the worst team in the league, I was correct, I think.
[/quote]

quote:

STANLEY CUP FINALS: TB def. ANA
WCF: ANA def. ST.L
ECF: TB def. MON

Back when MON was still a viable ECF team.

quote:

AWARDS
Hart: Tavares
Art Ross: Tavares
Norris: Giordano
Selke: ?
Lady Byng: ?
Jack Adams: ?

Oh wow. I went all in with Tavares. The only award I got correct here, probably, was Ovechkin.

quote:

TEAMS
Most Improved Team (Points), EAST: Buffalo: I think Carolina?
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Ottawa Montreal
Most Improved Team (Points), WEST: Edmonton Arizona
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Vancouver can be anyone of Vancouver/Winnipeg/Calgary rn
Most Goals Scored: Tampa Bay Dallas
Least Goals Scored: Arizona New Jersey and Vancouver
Most Goals Allowed: Arizona Calgary
Least Goals Allowed: New York Rangers Washington

quote:

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 75-80 Wrong
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 26-48-74 Didn't factor his in an injury, but this seems conservative now!
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 17-44-61 Currently 23-27-50 with 7 more games to go
Most Improved Player, West: Nail Yakupov Haha
Most Improved Player, East: Brayden Schenn Arguably, yes
Bounceback Player, West: Nathan MacKinnon Bounced back to his rookie year stats
Bounceback Player, East: Oh :(
First Coach Fired, West: Dave Tippet Nope
First Coach Fired, East: Claude Julien Nope
Goals by Phil Kessel: 36 Currently sitting at a mighty 23
Best Canadian Team By Points: Montreal No one wins this

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Basically the only thing I got right so far is Vancouver's spot in their division. Still think if Bernier hadn't become a sieve this year the Leafs would have ended up where I had them.

Also I didn't realize Paulocaust's last ban actually stuck.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I had Vancouver fifth in their division, because even in my most wildest of fever dreams, I never imagined they could be worse than Arizona and Edmonton.

Now, this is where my ignorance of the Western Conference comes into play, because I really have no idea how Arizona is doing what it's doing, even after looking at their roster. It's not even that they are a good team, but they are probably 15-20 points above where I pegged them in the preseason.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay Lightning (first overall in conference)
2. Montreal Canadiens
3. Florida Panthers
--------------------
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Detroit Red Wings
6. Boston Bruins
7. Toronto Maple Leafs
8. Buffalo Sabres

I feel I should get a pass on Montreal because Carey Price being out literally cost them a playoff spot. I was wrong about Boston (probably).

quote:

Metropolitan

1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Washington Capitals
3. New York Rangers
--------------------
4. New York Islanders (Wild Card #1)
5. Philadelphia Flyers (Wild Card #2)
6. Columbus Blue Jackets
7. New Jersey Devils
8. Carolina Hurricanes

Pretty accurate. Didn't understand how bad Mike Johnston was but still Pittsburgh will end up being #2 or #3 in the division.

quote:

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. Chicago Blackhawks
2. Nashville Predators
3. Dallas Stars
--------------------
4. St. Louis Blues (Wild Card #1)
5. Minnesota Wild (Wild Card #2)
6. Winnipeg Jets
7. Colorado Avalanche

Again, pretty accurate :smug:. Nashville isn't quite as good as I thought mainly because Rinne was a turd in the first half of the season.

quote:

Pacific

1. Anaheim Ducks (first overall in conference and president's trophy)
2. Los Angeles Kings
3. Calgary Flames
--------------------
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Vancouver Canucks
6. Edmonton Oilers
7. Arizona Coyotes

Missed the Sharks pretty badly and overrated Calgary. Didn't get the President's Trophy right but Anaheim is a really good team so I don't feel terrible about that prediction.

quote:

STANLEY CUP FINALS: Washington Capitals def. Anaheim Ducks in 6
WCF: Anaheim Ducks def. Chicago Blackhawks in 7
ECF: Washington Capitals def. Tampa Bay Lightning in 7

TBD, but hopefully I'm right!

quote:

-Washington is my homer pick to win it all, but honestly it's not far-fetched that they win it all save for the whole "playoff chokers" moniker. They will still have Orpik playing top pairing minutes which is bad and I am sure they are going to be in another grind-it-out series with Rangers, but they will have some scoring depth finally and I think Kuznetsov and Burakovsky could improve greatly. Also Schmidt-Orlov should be better than Gleason-Green (not because Green is bad but because Gleason was woeful). nailed it
-It wouldn't surprise me if Ovechkin only scores like 40 goals. The power play won't be as good because Green is gone, and Ovechkin doesn't dominate even strength like he does the PP. But he'll still lead the league in goals because no one else can score a lot either except for Stamkos. Ovechkin will end up with like 47, but still nailed it
-Surprise team will be Florida because they actually have good underlying stats and it seems like they are finally getting some skilled forwards as well. I mean I guess I'm right but my reasoning is way off. Their advanced stats suck
-Philly will sneak into the playoffs too because they seem to be getting a little better on the blue line and Mason will be decent this season (not nearly as good as last season) right on point 1, Mason has been really good so kinda wrong on point 2
-Pittsburgh will have a season of moderate to good health hahahaha
-Dallas will comfortably make the playoffs because they will not have the worst goaltending in the league again correct on making the playoffs, dead wrong on goaltending
-Vancouver is going to be bad as everyone here expects maybe even worse than expected
-Good god the Pacific division is terrible California teams are good but the rest blow

Actually pleased with my predictions!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Jim Benning's :toxx: failed, can we get him banned from the Canucks?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Looking back on my picks which are currently close:

Zodijackylite posted:

Most Improved Team (Points), EAST: Sabres (+22 | 76)
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Canadiens / Islanders (-14 | 96/87)
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Canucks (-20 | 81)

Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 20-30-50
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 20-30-50
Most Improved Player, East: JT Miller
Bounceback Player, West: Artem Anisimov
Bounceback Player, East: Evander Kane

Close on the Sabres point total, guessed the Habs and Nucks would have the biggest falls, but not nearly that bad. :gonk:

Eichel is currently at 50 points (23/27) and McDavid is at 15/30, although in an unexpected timeframe.

Miller, Anisimov, and Kane are 21/19/20 goal players, which is a substantial improvement over last year for each. Going to call each of those a success.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm gonna wait until the season is over before looking at this a bit more closely but:

ThinkTank posted:

6. Vancouver - Really, really ridiculously bad. Benning trades Vrbata and Hamhuis at the deadline but fails to return a single additional first round pick or top prospect.

Well I was half right.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

JoelJoel posted:

- Dallas is all the teams this year. That's why the central is a meat grinder. It's all goals all the time. Goalies? Who gives a gently caress. Tape two Finns together and call it chinese soup. We got Pizza, Party Boy, Wife Swap, and Benns coming out the wazoo (Victor E. Green's, that is). You want slick young kids on D? We got em! You want funny jumbotro jabs? We got em! You want hillarious Twitter slap fights? No? Whatever, unfollow us. We'll even throw in a bonus Patrick-Roy-throwing-a-tantrum-after-getting-fired-before-christmas media scrum. All you need is goals, baby.

This ended up being the most accurate prediction in the whole thread.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

lazerwolf posted:

OTHER STUFF
Bounceback Player, West: Kaner

Still might be accurate for Montreal they are currently 1 point behind Ottawa at 76!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I can't believe I had Calgary finishing second in the Pacific what the gently caress is wrong with me???

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chairman Wao posted:

This ended up being the most accurate prediction in the whole thread.

Christ it really did, hahahaha

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

HookShot posted:

I can't believe I had Calgary finishing second in the Pacific what the gently caress is wrong with me???

You're not the only one. SAS had Calgary finishing an average of 3.21/7 in the Pacific Division. I crunched the numbers earlier in the year but forgot to post them.

NHL SAS Averaged NHL Standings Predictions 2015/16

Atlantic

Tampa Bay - 1.07 (CBJSprague and Bregor were the only people who voted them to finish anything other than 1st in the Atlantic)
Montreal - 2.18
Detroit - 3.54
Florida - 4.25
Boston - 5.14
Ottawa - 5.54
Buffalo - 6.64
Toronto - 7.64

Metropolitan

Pittsburgh - 1.75
NY Rangers - 2.04
Washington - 3.04
NY Islanders - 3.71
Columbus - 4.82
Philadelphia - 5.86
New Jersey - 7.36
Carolina - 7.43

Central

St. Louis - 1.85
Chicago - 2.70
Nashville - 2.85
Dallas - 4.11
Minnesota - 4.11
Winnipeg - 5.52
Colorado - 6.74

Pacific

Anaheim - 1.11 (3 people ranked them 2nd, everyone else ranked them 1st in the Pacific)
Los Angeles - 2.64
Calgary - 3.21
San Jose - 3.43
Edmonton - 5.25
Vancouver - 5.46
Arizona - 6.89 (two people ranked them anything other than last in the Pacific)

Cup Faves

TBL - 8 Votes
WSH - 5 Votes
NYR - 3 Votes
FLR - 2 Votes
PIT - 2 Votes
CHI - 2 Votes
ANA - 2 Votes
STL - 1 Vote
DAL - 1 Vote
VAN - 1 Vote (if memory serves me correctly this was an attempt at reverse psychology)

Runner Up

ANA - 10 Votes
LAK - 5 Votes
TBL - 3 Votes
CHI - 2 Votes
NSH - 2 Votes
CGY - 1 Vote (:lol:)
SJS - 1 Vote
WSH - 1 Vote
FLR - 1 Vote
NYR - 1 Vote

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 30, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I had Jason Spezza as the West's bounceback player and seeing how he's scored 30 goals this year I think I win on that regard. Not a whole lot else but hey

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

DJExile posted:

Christ it really did, hahahaha

I guess except for the Patrick Roy part, but gotta save a bit for next year I guess.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Waiting for the end of the regular season to grade myself on the standings since there's lots of wiggle room in the Metro, but:

CBJSprague24 posted:

Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Jesus, I forgot Vancouver had 100+ points. Them.

Points for Vancouver Canucks: 70

At the rate things are going, they could very well land on 70.

ThinkTank posted:

Tampa Bay - 1.07 (CBJSprague and Bregor were the only people who voted them to finish anything other than 1st in the Atlantic)

I had Le Habs winning the Atlantic. Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, time to look back and see how dumb I was in October. For reference, the difference for everything is the difference between where I picked them to finish minus where they actually finished.

Kilza posted:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

1. Tampa Bay (Best East team) (diff: +1)
2. Montreal (diff: +4)
3. Detroit
--------------------
4. Florida (WC2) (diff: -3)
5. Boston (diff: -1)
6. Buffalo (diff: +1)
7. Ottawa (diff: -2)
8. Toronto

Montreal really came through for everybody this season.

quote:

Metropolitan

1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. NY Rangers

--------------------
4. Columbus (WC1) (diff: +4)
5. NY Islanders (diff: -1)
6. New Jersey (diff: +1)
7. Philadelphia (diff: -2)
8. Carolina (diff: -2)

The top 3 for the Metro was bang on. Just...don't look at the teams below that line.

quote:

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central

1. St. Louis (diff: +1)
2. Minnesota (diff: +3)
3. Chicago
--------------------
4. Nashville (WC1)

5. Dallas (WC2) (diff: -4)
6. Winnipeg (diff: +1)
7. Colorado (diff: -1)

Underestimated Dallas, overestimated Minnesota. Some minor differences here and there.

quote:

Pacific

1. Anaheim (President's Trophy winners)
2. Los Angeles

3. Edmonton (diff: +4)
--------------------
4. San Jose (diff: -1)
5. Calgary
6. Vancouver

7. Arizona (diff: -3)

Oh dear, that Oilers prediction. I remember my thinking for having Edmonton in the 3rd spot being "Well, everything's gone right for them this off-season ever since they won the draft lottery, surely that'll continue into the regular season!" Of course, that theory sort of fell apart once Eberle got injured in the pre-season. Whoops.

Aside from that, this is definitely the division I did best in prediction wise. 4/7 teams correctly placed, would have been 5/7 had I listened to my brain instead of my heart and had Edmonton/San Jose flipped around.

quote:

STANLEY CUP FINALS: TB def. LA 4-3
WCF: LA def. MIN 4-1
ECF: TB def. WSH 4-2

Yeah, I'm not so confident in this right now, aside from the "LA makes the SCF" part.

quote:

AWARDS
Norris: Shea Weber
Selke: Toews
Lady Byng: Raffi Torres Datsyuk
Jack Adams: McLellan

These picks weren't too hot. I did get the Rocket Richard winner right, but that'll probably be the only thing I get right if McDavid doesn't somehow win the Calder.

quote:

TEAMS
Most Improved Team (Points), EAST: Buffalo (finished with +27 points compared to last season)
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), EAST: Ottawa (they were 2nd with -14 points, Montreal was far and away the biggest loser with -28 points)
Most Improved Team (Points), WEST: Edmonton (they improved by 8 points. Not as much as Arizona (+22), Dallas (+17) and San Jose (+9))
Team With Biggest Fall (Points), WEST: Vancouver (they didn't suck as much as Montreal, but they still lost -26 points)

Least Goals Scored: Toronto (tied for 3rd last, ahead of New Jersey and Vancouver)
Most Goals Allowed: Arizona (tied for 6th last, ahead of Toronto, Ottawa, Columbus and Calgary)
Least Goals Allowed: Montreal (Carey Price died)

3/8 right. Montreal definitely screwed everything up.

quote:

OTHER STUFF
Points for Vancouver Canucks: 80 (diff: +5)
Goals-Assists-Points for Connor McDavid: 21-50-71 (projected 82 GP difference: -8 G, -8 A, -16 P)
Goals-Assists-Points for Jack Eichel: 28-30-58 (diff: +4 G, -2 A, +4 P)
Most Improved Player, West: Justin Schultz (hahahahahahahaha)
Most Improved Player, East: Jonathan Drouin (Let's try this again in 2016-17)
Bounceback Player, West: Taylor Hall (he bounced back from being injured all the time does that count???)
Bounceback Player, East: Phil Kessel (...Okay, no.)
First Coach Fired, West: Patrick Roy (He really should have been, though.)
First Coach Fired, East: Jack Capuano (Will he ever get fired? (answer is no))
Goals by Phil Kessel: 38 (diff: +12)
Best Canadian Team By Points: Montreal (2nd best behind Ottawa)

Overall, looking at just the standings, I didn't do too bad? I didn't do great either, mind you, but I got 11/30 teams perfectly correct, and 13/16 playoff teams (missed out on the Islanders, Flyers and Sharks). I guess that's okay. Most of my other predictions really didn't come through, though.

• Locked thread