Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Dragon Ball Zee has fights

Dragon Ball is erotic

Dragon ball zee has

!!!

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

dragon ball z is a japanese anime and manga created by a guy who cant remember it and is pretty much a western franchise by now.

Games include Budokai and more recently Xenoverse, as well as a Japan only arcade card game called Heroes.

There are many movies totaling seventeen in z and 2 in dragonball, with the two most recent being a reboot of the franchise.

post your favorite fights and remember: the only one who can beat goku is you

FUN CORNER

The DBZ wiki
A action fan comic
A rap music video

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 25, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
my favorite fight is when mark "hercule" satan saves the world

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

You're goddamn right.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The debate rages on...

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Krillen wins

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hercule "Mark" Satan is the best and is currently winning as he should be.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aurain posted:

Hercule "Mark" Satan is the best and is currently winning as he should be.

I may be a Krillin supporter, but I can respect Hercule "Mark" Satan as another great earthling. We're on this earth together, friend.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New Abridged episode was sort of weak. Why the thread change though?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The old thread was bad

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

The old thread was bad

It was actually really good, aside from the last page, which doesn't taint the rest of the thread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No it was bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new Abridged Series episode was pretty flat for the most part too

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Baal posted:

The new Abridged Series episode was pretty flat for the most part too

I laughed at Cell's talking crotch and Goku's recount of the Frieza saga, but it's leaning a bit too far towards a straight adaptation for my tastes. The fight-heavy format doesn't really help, given DBZA has traditionally been really good at working with supporting characters, but it really should be aiming to be more than DBZ with more snarky one liners

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

New Abridged episode was sort of weak. Why the thread change though?

This isn't even the Dragon Ball Z thread's final form!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I liked the episode

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Goku has a good point why didn't Gohan turn super saiyan??

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Farecoal posted:

Goku has a good point why didn't Gohan turn super saiyan??

Because he was about 8 and the transformation hadn't been completely run into the ground yet

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Because he was about 8 and the transformation hadn't been completely run into the ground yet

Goten had no issue

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Better question, why did everyone else turn Super Sayian? Why wasn't a Goku exclusive, but be very energy intensive or something similar to keep it to limited uses?

Short answer: Because the Super Saiyan Swagger of Vegeta could not be held back.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kild posted:

Goten had no issue

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Poor Gohan, hitting Super Saiyan at around 10 was insane back then. Then his little brother and alternate future student reached it even younger, and now his daughter might have reached it before even being born.

Being a Super Saiyan is not very impressive anymore. At least there's Super Saiyan 3...oh wait, Heroes gave that one to literally everyone.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
He is still the only Mystic user in the Universe...even if he forgot how to use that in Resurrection F.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Super Saiyan 3 Bardock.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Covok posted:

He is still the only Mystic user in the Universe...even if he forgot how to use that in Resurrection F.

Truly a legacy Gohan has surrounded himself with

Covok
May 27, 2013

Thinking back on it, why did Yamcha even think of wishing for money in the Cell Saga? Being one of the strongest humans in the universe and the fact he's on a baseball team, he could easily ask for humongous salaries since he can consistently send balls into the stratosphere and pitch so fast it goes through the stadium walls.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Covok posted:

did Yamcha even think
No.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like Dragon Ball, and most of its various spinoffs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like Dragonball xenoverse

Covok
May 27, 2013

Baal posted:

I don't like Dragonball xenoverse

We're all hoping Xenoverse 2 is what we wanted from Xenoverse 1.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Xenoverse is OK, it just needed less RNGs and more Super Janemba taking over worlds. That's a cool dude, Super Janemba.

Covok
May 27, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Xenoverse is OK, it just needed less RNGs and more Super Janemba taking over worlds. That's a cool dude, Super Janemba.

Xenoverse would be better if it cribbed more from Heroes and was full of what-if bullshit. That and the races being more legit and everyone getting some transformation. Also, yeah, less RNG and less Super Armor.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Xenoverse would be better if it cribbed more from Heroes and was full of what-if bullshit. That and the races being more legit and everyone getting some transformation. Also, yeah, less RNG and less Super Armor.

I agree. My favorite part of any DB video game is the What If stuff, with BudoTen 2/3, the Shin Budokai games, and even Ultimate Tenkaichi all being stellar in that regard. While some Parallel Quests in Xenoverse have that charm to them, and the Broly/Bardock chapter qualifies, I was annoyed at how little there was.

Covok
May 27, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I agree. My favorite part of any DB video game is the What If stuff, with BudoTen 2/3, the Shin Budokai games, and even Ultimate Tenkaichi all being stellar in that regard. While some Parallel Quests in Xenoverse have that charm to them, and the Broly/Bardock chapter qualifies, I was annoyed at how little there was.

Imagine if one Parraell Quest was being ambushed by Majin Bojack, Majin Garlic Junior, and Majin Super Jenamba with Adult Gotenks being your ally?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Imagine if one Parraell Quest was being ambushed by Majin Bojack, Majin Garlic Junior, and Majin Super Jenamba with Adult Gotenks being your ally?

All right, Covok, I will imagine it. In turn, please imagine the ramifications of Cell, the ultimate bioandroid, finding the Big Gete Star instead of that chump Cooler.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xenoverse isn't a bad game, it's just the best DBZ game we won't have because most of its content is locked behind RNG Hell and it doesn't do enough with the time traveling shenanigans concept.

I don't understand why everyone who makes a DBZ immediately must go to the tried and true beyond it being familiar, but I eat that goofy what-if stuff up and want to see a lot more of it than I did. Please take from Heroes for a potential sequel and go loving crazy Dimps.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Really, the little commercials for Heroes have great setups to be Parallel Quest scenarios.

I mean

come on, these things write themselves.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is that SSJ3 Future Trunks? :stare:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I used a save editor to eliminate the RNG in Xenoverse and it made the game much better, until I realised that acually, all of the create a goku characters outfits are crap.

• Locked thread