Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

circ dick soleil posted:

Steve Wozniak has special money printed for him in perforated 3-hole sheets so he has a binder full of money that he just tears $100 bills out of because he's gangsta as gently caress.

This is true except they're $2 bills so he can get an extra layer of "what the gently caress" from whatever helpless retail person he encounters, and then he can smugly explain how this is all technically legal and very normal.

Edit: here's a story about how he got to meet the secret service about this and continued to act insane: http://archive.woz.org/letters/general/78.html

Skeleton Ape fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

deep impact on vhs posted:

for the same reason the beatles get so much attention, they ripped off someone else and ran with it

Who did they rip off? Legit question. I want to throw it at my friend that worships those limey pricks.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
because he isnt a hateful, selfish cocksucker.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
the only bad thing about jobs being dead is i cant look forward to him dying anymore

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Frostwerks posted:

the only bad thing about jobs being dead is i cant look forward to him dying anymore

Yeah but we can now watch Tim Cook slowly dissolve as AIDS takes over.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

DirtyMick posted:

Who did they rip off? Legit question. I want to throw it at my friend that worships those limey pricks.

quote:

In the interest of fairness to Led Zeppelin, I want to point out that Zep wasn't the only band to, um, borrow chords, melodies and lyrics from other artists. Here are the Beatles' brushes with suspicious similarity:

"Come Together" - the first two lines are adapted from Chuck Berry's "You Can't Catch Me."
"Fixing A Hole" - Mal Evans cowrote the song with Paul, but took a one-time payment rather than a songwriting credit. Not plagiarism, because Evans was a willing party to the arrangement, but it sure is weird.
"Free As A Bird" - when the Threetles revived this 1977 Lennon demo in 1995, they added a middle section. Unfortunately, they added the middle section from the 1964 Shangri-Las hit "Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)."
"Golden Slumbers" - lyrics adapted from a 17th Century poem by Thomas Dekker.
"I Feel Fine" - main guitar line borrowed from Bobby Parker's "Watch Your Step."
"Run For Your Life" - first line comes from "Baby Let's Play House" as recorded by Elvis Presley.
"Something" - first line is the title of a song by then-Apple recording artist James Taylor
"The Inner Light" - lyrics were lifted, uncredited, from the Tao Te Ching.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCqXdmhnoDU[/video]

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

lol i remember seeing all the loving retards outside apple stores

"abloo bloo bloo jobs is dead :cry:"

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

love this picture.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
im the superman curl

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The last Apple product I used was the Apple ][ and I've never given a single red cent to Apple . :smug:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

it's the dude from hardware

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

The last Apple product I used was the Apple ][ and I've never given a single red cent to Apple . :smug:

i have a core 2 duo mac mini that i rarely use and got for $30 at a garage sale because it was "broken"

new ram and it worked :lol:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Frostwerks posted:

im the superman curl

jobs was is his kryptonite

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

i have a core 2 duo mac mini that i rarely use and got for $30 at a garage sale because it was "broken"

new ram and it worked :lol:

Ram? How did you use PC parts in a Mac? That makes no sense!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

DaveSplitter posted:

Ram? How did you use PC parts in a Mac? That makes no sense!

it's an older mac mini (2011 i think) where poo poo is actually user servicable

also lmao

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

it's an older mac mini (2011 i think) where poo poo is actually user servicable

also lmao

I remember my graphic design professors complaining about replacing Apple hardware back in 99-02 because it was so much more expensive.

Now you probably got to chuck it and buy a new one, but 'dat educational discount.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

I remember my graphic design professors complaining about replacing Apple hardware back in 99-02 because it was so much more expensive.

Now you probably got to chuck it and buy a new one, but 'dat educational discount.

i just used some old laptop ram i had lying around that fit and it worked lol

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

i just used some old laptop ram i had lying around that fit and it worked lol

to be fair its apple so anything at least two generations out for PC hardware will still be cutting edge even though they're the same thing now.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Skeleton Ape posted:

Edit: here's a story about how he got to meet the secret service about this and continued to act insane: http://archive.woz.org/letters/general/78.html

Always thought Woz was a bit boring until I read this story. loving awesome.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Everyone needs to read http://www.folklore.org/ and pick their favorite macintosh wiz kid

My favorite is http://www.folklore.org/ProjectView.py?project=Macintosh&characters=Burrell%20Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJh5Nea33s

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
the fact that no one gives a poo poo about wozniak is proof that chris hardwick is an idiot when he says 'nerds rule the world'

nerds are whipping boys used by jocks like Jobs to make them money

if you like hardwick and pay for his podcasts

you are the whipping boy butt slut

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Who would win in a belching contest, woz or stallman? Note: points will be awarded for smell

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

jpmeyer posted:

woz my neg rear end

came to post this.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Skeleton Ape posted:

Who would win in a belching contest, woz or stallman? Note: points will be awarded for smell

woz likes to go out and eat bloomin onions so woz wins

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

came to post this.

me too

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
gently caress nerds

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

woz likes to go out and eat bloomin onions so woz wins

Yeah but you're seriously downplaying what Stallman likes to eat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Professor Tomtom posted:

gently caress nerds

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp

Skeleton Ape posted:

Woz was the poo poo. When crazy rear end Steve Jobs said "I have this vague ill defined idea that's probably 5 or 10 years ahead of its time, let's go make it" Woz was all like "OK" and did everything by himself because Jobs was a dumbass who didn't know poo poo about gently caress when it came to electronics or software. He single handedly built the Apple I and did most of the Apple II on his own. That's pretty impressive!

He is also a very weird spergy man, though, so feel free to talk about that too.

Why don't people worship Steve Woz?

dunno but i have a question for you it is "why dont you stop posting"

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
wozniak looks like a brolic polish warthog, maybe it has something to do with that op

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
i worship him OP, have a shrine and everything.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Skeleton Ape posted:

Yeah but you're seriously downplaying what Stallman likes to eat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

rms likes to gently caress birds

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3hj0Inch6U

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nutsngum posted:

Dude this is too much reality altering wisdom for gbs to take today.

Eh, truth-bombs don't matter when there is no mind to explode.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
steve jobs made people think they could be successful by being the "ideas guy" and not actually have to learn how to do anything

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

shiksa posted:

steve jobs made people think they could be successful by being the "ideas guy" and not actually have to learn how to do anything

But Steve Jobs brought us NeXT, which he then crammed down our collecting throats as OS X (also Mach based) that Apple will never have the guts to get rid of because their poo poo is already hardware compatible with anything Microsoft makes now.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

the beatles are overrated as poo poo, but cmon there's a big difference between inspiration and ripoff

and steve jobs ripped off the woz.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
music is all just ripping off something else anyway usually

a riff here or there inspired by something even if directly copied is one thing but having woz do the actual work then taking it and getting paid for it and lying to woz about the money is just straight jacking someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
those beatles "rips" are pretty lovely examples too

oh wow so they paid someone to co-write lyrics? john lennon had a demo in 1977 that was kinda derivative? hard hitting stuff.

meanwhile, oasis just took a t rex riff, slowed it down a little, and called it a day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ub32XCmUs

• Locked thread