Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Sorry Nooner. I hope dinner is better. gl buddy, I'm rooting for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nooner posted:

okay guys i think im going to get indian now should I get chicken tikka masala or reshmi chicken tikka???

wrong answer, you should have chosen Lamb Vindaloo

if you haven't had it, do it. I used to eat chicken tikka masala but lamb vindaloo+sag paneer+some dal dishes is pretty much my goto indian ala carte choices.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
it also came with this green thing?

idk what it is, its kinda strange but also good tasting cant really place it

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Nooner posted:

Here it is guys!

Initial thoughts: smells really good but kinda dissapointed, other stuff I've ordered has been much larger so I could make it into 2 lunches.

The chicke nit very tasty though and the perfect amount of spicy!

boneless breast cut into bits is not the ideal thing to cook in a tandoor imo

back to lunch meat - the cheap chicken loaf that you could tell was made from every edible part of the chicken glued together into a cylinder was awesome, I wish I could find it anymore. Also, good balogna aka mortadella is god-tier and you're a baby if you don't eat it.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
All food is gross

Tomatos are just egg sacs literally. Seeds are basically eggs. Designed so that you eat them and poop them out. That's literally like something out of Alien.

The idea to Alien was probably conceived when Ridley Scott ate a tomato and was like "wait a minute"

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Roy posted:

All food is gross

Tomatos are just egg sacs literally. Seeds are basically eggs. Designed so that you eat them and poop them out. That's literally like something out of Alien.

plants are gross

pollen is just plants cumming indiscriminately all over everything and its sick

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Roy posted:

All food is gross

The idea to Alien was probably conceived when Ridley Scott ate a tomato and was like "wait a minute"
This is a list of pretty much any meal I eat ever:

- Steak and a baked potato with cheese and sour cream
- cheeseburger with ONLY ketchup and mayo and potato chips
- broiled fish (either whitefish or tilapia, no other kind) and clam chowder
- fried chicken and jojos with ranch dressing
- kung pao chicken and steamed white rice
- beef and cheese burrito and tortilla chips and salsa
- spicy chicken sandwich with cheese and mayo on it and potato chips
- hamburger helper (classic) and potato chips
- tuna helper (classic) and potato chips
- buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce
- cheese ravioli with marinara sauce and garlic bread

lol goons are poo poo http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3456453&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzUm7UEEIY

That time of the year again ?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i remember my aunt giving me "olive loaf" sandwiches when I visited her as a kid and they were pretty OK but i totally forgot that olive loaf existed until I saw this thread and now I've googled it and it's a real thing so i'm probably going to buy some and eat it irl

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Nooner posted:

it also came with this green thing?

idk what it is, its kinda strange but also good tasting cant really place it

It's a green chutney made with cilantro (aka coriander) you goon.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
are we still talking about lunch meat. soft-cure meats are very difficult to execute well on their own merits and is best hidden in a complex sandwich or used for other applications i.e. newfoundland steaks. salumi and dry-cured solid cuts like jamon serrano or prosciutto are the way 2 go. if cost is your issue go w/ a cheap salami, get it very finely sliced and use it sparingly cause the higher salt content will carry the flavour farther. working at a deli loving sucked but learning about cured meat products was cool

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nostrum posted:

i guarantee they only use this for the dipshits that order their filets "well done". when its burnt to a crisp its not like you can tell the difference anyways.

:goonsay:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Best deli meat I've had was in Switzerland.

It's a kind of Bologna, or that's the best comparison. It's called Kalbfleischwürst. In Germany they call it Lyoner.

It's loving amazing. I want it NOW.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

eating processed carcasses is pretty hardcore.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Father worked as a cleaner at an abattoir.
He stopped eating processed meat a few weeks after when he saw what what it was made of.
Or what made it in, like cow poo poo, peoples spit etc.
Even stopped eating store bought burgers and pies, would only take burgers/pies if they were made from mince bought straight from the butcher.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
prosciutto is the best food

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

FreudianSlippers posted:

eating processed carcasses is pretty hardcore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MRuCLXxqjs

:nws:

Theres a dude who does this and lists rates, you can buy 1/4 a cow for 250 dollars. It's pretty decent.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

DaveSplitter posted:

I just had bologna for the first time in a while, and I just realized how gross it is. Processed lunch meats were okay when I was younger, but let's be honest, I didn't know any better. Now that I'm older I much prefer actual slices of meat instead of slime garbage. It doesn't help that lunch meat is basically this pink goo shaped into a loaf.

Next time you eat processed lunch meats, remember that you're eating the food equivalent of this:

Playdough was really good though and salty.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Shadow posted:

It's a green chutney made with cilantro (aka coriander) you goon.

oh nice, soo bad the dish came with lemons and not limes, i might have been able to give it a real "latin" kick otherwise!

but for real it ended up being the MVP since there was nothing else to really spice up the rice.

Overall I'd rate it 3/5 for lunch. Definitely not bad but I probably wouldnt get it again when there are other better alternatives

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Al Borland posted:

Playdough was really good though and salty.

also non-toxic

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

i wonder what percentage of the ppl that work in those place that have direct meat contact are vegan/veg?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mariana Horchata posted:

i wonder what percentage of the ppl that work in those place that have direct meat contact are vegan/veg?

very few apparently

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Mange Mite posted:

very few apparently

Not like they'd have the energy to stand or move for hours a day..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
I'm the bluebell ama on reddit, where cow cysts are common and the milks never pasteurized.

• Locked thread