Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Yeah everything he's said has been rather unfriendly, I can get into space easily off of an XO and he chose to not even launch any protection while begging for an XO on the space that could send all of them away.

Frakking Cylon Motived Cylon Leader Cylon Leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Everything I do, I do for this fleet full of misguided meatbags. Those who jump to paw at me should be themselves scrutinized.

(It's an interesting paradigm that the people with Cylon Motives actually should be the most helpful out of all of us, because all they have to do is fiddle while the rest of us burn down Rome.)

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Doral plays a Consolidate Power :lol: and draws 2 LEA.

DEFCON decreases by 1 and now set to 12.

quote:

CRISIS: Prison Labor

Skill Check: POL/LEA/TAC = 10
PASS: No Effect
FAIL: -1 Morale, -1 Food

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, NO JUMP PREP

Action Queue
==> All Players: Play Cards.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I can help.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Given that I've drawn nothing but those exact colors, I can help too. Losing 5 resources in 3 turns is not sustainable.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
CC, remind me what I can I say about the Destiny, since I know exactly what it is?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

CC, remind me what I can I say about the Destiny, since I know exactly what it is?

You can say it is for or against, nothing more detailed.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

"Good" or "bad" I think? The usual language is "in our favor" or "not our favor."

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Also turn 3 and no one has even volunteered to XO. :laugh:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I like "pro-success" and "pro-failure" since the "our" in "our favour" is slightly ambiguous this game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm about to go to bed, but I can cover a good chunk of this check tomorrow morning if Destiny is favorable.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
That'd be good, I can only help very little, and ontop of that won't draw for a while.

Also this is going to put the raiders one away from our 3 unprotected civvies.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Cocks Cable posted:

You can say it is for or against, nothing more detailed.

:munch: since destiny is a multiple card play is neutral not an option like medium is with skill cards?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Cocks Cable posted:

D'Anna chooses to look at 1 random Motive belonging to Cavil.

Aw, geez.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

##1

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Now, I know this is going to look sketchy as gently caress, but I can't actually help with this check. D'Anna can vouch for me in that I'm definitely not doing this on purpose.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Metos posted:

Also this is going to put the raiders one away from our 3 unprotected civvies.

I accept, after reviewing the fact that the two people next up in the turn order draw minimal LEA, that I may have made a subpar choice while drinking away this last workday. I'll apologize to the mewling fleshlumps as necessary.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Well, specifics-- I can help, but not a whole lot, even though it's absolutely in my best interests that we pass this check.

gently caress it.

##play 1

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Hopefully Podima and Toshimo both with 8 cards can blow this away, because yeah -2 resources is going to leave us pretty hosed, possibly even the Cylon motive guys could get ruined by resources being low.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
## Play 3 - Medium

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sorry, Destiny is positive.

##Play 0

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I know it's really unlikely, but it would be the best ending ever if this game ended with no one able to claim a victory.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Not everyone will win. Not everyone on your team will win. And it's certainly possible no one will win.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cocks Cable posted:

Not everyone will win. Not everyone on your team will win. And it's certainly possible no one Cocks will win.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Cocks Cable posted:

Not everyone will win. Not everyone on your team will win. And it's certainly possible no one will win.
At these resource loss rates it could even be over before we get new motives!

Anyway, what I play into the check is conditional on Podima, if he goes by what he said earlier and wants to knock it out then I'm happy to leave my small contribution out, but if he turns out he doesn't want to play in for some reason then I'd throw my bit in to hopefully save it. But, since he's asleep AND would be playing after me, I'll have to go with the trust him option and hope he doesn't just go 'lol play 0'.

##Play 0

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
In other news, was doing some reading of the FAQ to check up on something that happened in an IRL game a couple days ago, when I saw this which might become relevant for you Podima:

quote:

Q: When Doral uses his “Meticulous” ability, can he choose to
move to the Resurrection Ship?
A: No. Players cannot move to a hazardous location unless
specifically instructed to do so. Using the “Meticulous” ability
replaces the normal rules that instruct players to move to the
Resurrection Ship.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Loose posted:

Now, I know this is going to look sketchy as gently caress, but I can't actually help with this check. D'Anna can vouch for me in that I'm definitely not doing this on purpose.

D'Anna, can you confirm our dear big brother's excuse? Even if he did play in I'm curious what game he's playing.

Also, 5 cards in on a Destiny-positive check? Either we're going to overkill this or someone's spiking - and again, I've only drawn the 3 colors of this check thus far. It's actually in my best interests to fail this, but it's also in my best interests to get the meatbags to Kobol, so...

##play 2 medium

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And for the record, a general reminder for folks:

quote:

+1 Food -1 Morale and the Admiral discards 2 Skill Cards and draws 2 Treachery cards

Remember that Discard options are usually much better in this game because Athena can Love you and I can opt to pick up stuff you discard. Something to keep in mind as our resources start to dwindle.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Podima posted:

D'Anna, can you confirm our dear big brother's excuse? Even if he did play in I'm curious what game he's playing.

Also, 5 cards in on a Destiny-positive check? Either we're going to overkill this or someone's spiking - and again, I've only drawn the 3 colors of this check thus far. It's actually in my best interests to fail this, but it's also in my best interests to get the meatbags to Kobol, so...

##play 2 medium
That's a lot of words to explain yourself. Guilty conscience? Confess your sins before God!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You're one to talk. :laugh:

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Alright so then there's just the problem of seven raiders coming for our unprotected civs then.

Obviously an XO would be great, and I've left some instructions of what to do if I get one as its nearly sleep time here in upside-down-land where I live, but that does still leave me facing down 7 raiders before my turn and if I get sickbayed my drawback is I don't draw ANY cards, so hooray for that.

An alternative is if both Cavil and Simon both hit communications we can move all civs into Echo and know between the two of you what they all are, plus if raiders activate each turn they'll arrive in Echo on my turn which lets me launch straight into there and BRING THE THUNDER.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

pre:
POL/LEA/TAC = 10
Leadership-3 (At Any Cost)
Politics-1 (Consolidate Power)
Politics-1 (Consolidate Power)
Politics-2 (Consolidate Power)
Politics-2 (Consolidate Power)
Tactics-0 (Quick Thinking)
Tactics-0 (Quick Thinking)
Tactics-2 (Launch Scout)
Tactics-4 (Strategic Planning)

15 - 0 = 15 PASS!
Tactics-0 (Quick Thinking found in skill check.

Action Queue
==> Podima (CylonLeader Doral): Think Quickly?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
:laffo: We are good at this game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I am pleasantly surprised! Perhaps this dysfunctional family IS off to a decent start.

##snag Leadership-3 (At Any Cost)

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Raiders in BRAVO move to CHARLIE.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

pre:
TURN 1.4

* SomeNumbers (Leoben [6, OPG])
  * Toshimo (President D'Anna [5, 4QC, OPG])
  * Podima (CylonLeader Doral [8, OPG])
==> BrokenLoose (Admiral Cavil [8, 2N, OPG])
  * Pander (Simon [5, OPG])
  * Metos (CAG Athena [3, OPG])

Fleet Status

Food       06/08   Regular Vipers  2 Active, 3 in Reserve, 0 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Fuel       08/08   Viper MarkVIIs  0 Active, 3 in Reserve, 0 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Morale     09/10   Assault Raptors 0 Active, 1 in Reserve, 0 Destroyed, 3 Not in Play
Population 13/12   Regular Raptors 4 in Reserve, 0 Destroyed

Distance 0/8
DEFCON Level 12
Raiders Destroyed 0
This Game has been XO free for 3 Turns
Jump Prep Track [ ]-[X]-[ ]-[  Risk3]-[  Risk1]-[Auto Jump]
Cylon Boarding  [0]-[0]-[0]-[0]-[Humans Lose]

Civs Remaining (12)
2 Pop            x2
1 Pop            x6
1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
1 Pop & 1 Fuel   x1
Empty            x2

Civs Destroyed (0)
*N/A*

Galactica  (0/6 Damage)
FTL Control -- 
Weapons Control -- 
Command -- Podima (Doral)
Communications -- 
Admiral’s Quarters -- BrokenLoose (Cavil)
Research Lab -- Pander (Simon)
Hangar Deck -- Metos (Athena)
Armory -- SomeNumbers (Leoben)
Sickbay -- 
Brig -- 
Food Token
Fuel Token

Pegasus (0/4 Damage)
Pegasus CIC -- 
Airlock -- 
Main Batteries -- 
Engine Room -- 

Colonial One 
Quorum Chamber --Toshimo (D'Anna)
Press Room -- 
President’s Office -- 
Administration -- 

Rebel Basestar (Allegiance Neutral)
Basestar Bridge -- 
Hybrid Tank -- 
Datastream --
Raider Bay --

Cylon Locations
Caprica -- 
Cylon Fleet -- 
Human Fleet -- 
Resurrection Ship -- 

Off-Ship:

DRADIS

\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \   Basestar |            /
   \           | Raiderx7  /
    \          | Heavyx1  /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       / 
        \      |      / 
         \     |     / 
 Basestar \    |    / 
   Heavyx3 \   |   / 
A           \  |  /           D
L            \ | /            E
P             \|/             L
H             /|\             T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \  
           /   |   \ 
          /    |    \ 
         /     | CivD\ CivA
        /      |      \ CivB
       /       |       \ CivC
      /  Viper | Viper  \ 
     /         |         \ 
    /          |          \ 
   /           |           \
  /            |            \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \
Action Queue
==> BrokenLoose (Admiral Cavil): Draw Skill Cards.
==> BrokenLoose (Admiral Cavil): Move/Action.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I did say Destiny was positive!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Honestly, passing a 10 check with a 12 is fine.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, any check where we :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: to pass is a good check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah that was just fine, not a lot of waste.

• Locked thread