Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

BMS posted:

I'd be willing to bet it had something to do with her showing signs of transforming into that.

She looks like an angry gay libtard now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Hexel posted:

She looks like an angry gay libtard now

this makes no sense. she looks like bobby hill if anything

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rutibex posted:

seems to check out

gwaaah!

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

numberoneposter posted:

terry farrell ftw

Truth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Torquemada posted:

Here is a missing link photo where she looks terrible, but still vaguely human

Pretty sure that's Colin Baker.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
'In July 2012, Lien was arrested in Tennessee for domestic assault.

In April 2015, Lien was arrested in Harriman, Tennessee, and charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.'

Also didn't she have kind of a deep voice (and not in a good way) because I always thought that made her kind of dodgy back then.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

drat if I didn't know who that was I would not have been able to kes the gender.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Voyager was pretty cool. I think I may marathon Voyager at some point in the near future.

This has been a Professor Shark post brought to you by Professor Shark: Sign a Cheque and BOUNCE, Ralp!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Clearly you don't have enough sympathy for this woman. When her character was only like 5 or 6 or something she was repeatedly hosed by an alien that looked like a reject from that Fred Savage Monster's Inc precursor until she finally escaped. Never getting another role after that messed her up, man!

The sad part is I'm not even really kidding about any of that. gently caress that show

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Geoff Zahn posted:

There were some survivors. Alexander Siddig (Dr. Bashir) is the king of Dorne

yeah escape as being typecast in sneaky arab roles.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

oncearoundaltair posted:

'In July 2012, Lien was arrested in Tennessee for domestic assault.

In April 2015, Lien was arrested in Harriman, Tennessee, and charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.'

Also didn't she have kind of a deep voice (and not in a good way) because I always thought that made her kind of dodgy back then.

She should have become an elementary gym coach when she retired, then she could take out her pent-up frustration by yelling at kids all day.

Or maybe I'm just saying that because she looks like an elementary gym coach.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

etalian posted:

He was a progressive Arab in Syriana

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

totally thought that was the androgynous person Riker hosed

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

He's being played thus far on the show like a real stand-up guy, so not really.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

King Vidiot posted:

She should have become an elementary gym coach when she retired, then she could take out her pent-up frustration by yelling at kids all day.

Or maybe I'm just saying that because she looks like an elementary gym coach.

OKAY GIRLS NOW IT'S TIME FOR NEKKID VOLLEYBALL TIIIIIITS OUT!

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY

Subyng posted:

lol at this poster trying to hide his encyclopedic knowledge of star trek by referring to the character as facetat guy instead of the character name which you obviously know otherwise why would you eve know this factoid LOL

Shame... Shame... Shame...

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Gromit posted:

She's your basic pleasure model.

But I would advise spending a bit more and getting the LX model.

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Gromit posted:

She's your basic pleasure model.

That is an insult to Pris, physical A, mental B.

Kes is like a physical K or L, mental the same. Never saw her doing a bunch of handsprings and almost killing Deckard.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

etalian posted:

he was a former terrorist turned good guy on a few episodes of 24

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No-one takes a good mugshot. We probably just weren't seeing her at her best.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

criscodisco posted:

No-one takes a good mugshot. We probably just weren't seeing her at her best.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

etalian posted:

I think only Patrick Stewart was successful at landing other roles.

Alexander Siddig El Fadil hasn't done too badly, either.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

milkingmycow posted:

I read not too long ago that Dorne was trying to get a Worf centric spin-off series.

Set it on Klingon and launch it. Full order, no pilot.

numberoneposter posted:

terry farrell ftw

Hottest piece of rear end in Starfleet.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
How fast is full impulse? It's gotta be pretty fuckin fast to do anything spacey in an appreciable amount of time right? Why isn't ramming way more effective in that case? Hell if it's any decent speed you wouldn't even need a warhead on your torpedos, just put your spacegarbage in a box and fuckin impulse it at your enemies and they'll be smashed to pieces.

edit: I just googled this because I'm stupid nerdman

quote:

The 'Star Trek Voyager Technical Manual' page 13 has full impulse listed as ¼ of the speed of light which is 167,000,000 mph or 74,770 km/s. ¼ impulse for Voyager would be 18,665 km/s. Voyager's ¼ impulse is 10 times faster than the shuttle's. Therefore, the term "¼ impulse" isn't a fixed speed as much as it's ¼ of the full speed of the impulse engines' maximum.

So Voyager went a 1/4 the speed of light. That's loving insane. Why do they even have weapons? Just grab a couple asteroids with a tractor beam, and anytime some lovely alien with a stupid forehead pops up in your way, just accelerate to full impulse for like 2 seconds, just long enough to release the asteroid in the direction of the retard alien, stop again, and watch the alien get hit with a rock at a quarter lightspeed, which by my rainman like headmath skills, is equal to like 10,000,000 nukes.

Also, if they can go that fast how do they allow any goddamn torpedo, which fire at sub-relativistic speeds, hit them? They're always like "evasion pattern delta omega 3!!!" which turns out is just sitting idly in front of the bad guys like a kilometer away. I can understand why they always show the ships facing off so close for the show, I mean fighting battles against poo poo you never see doesn't make for good TV. It would make for even better TV if these fuckin space boats would move around and dodge poo poo.

The Fattest PI fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 19, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My Q-Face posted:

Alexander Siddig El Fadil hasn't done too badly, either.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
that looks like dan quinn

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
oh for sure player

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Alexander Siddig Andrew Dice Clay El Fadil

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

He married the chick who played Major Kira and named their kid Django.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The face Siddig sees on booty call.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
siddig actually works pretty regularly, as does frakes, mainly as a director

shatner of course

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Tom Brady posted:

siddig actually works pretty regularly, as does frakes, mainly as a director

shatner of course

Two takes Frakes.

I think a fair amount of the voyager cast went behind the camera.

Janeway is on orange is the new black, i believe.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
O'Brien is in lots of stuff all the time

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JFairfax posted:

O'Brien is in lots of stuff all the time

I remember from one of the "post celebrity encounters" threads some guy was at a resort and Colm Meaney was hanging out in a hot tub with a bunch of other people. Someone sort of recognized him and stared at him trying to place the face. He saw them looking, groaned, and said "Yes, I'm an actor." Then a kid who was in the tub too said "Just cause you stood in the background on star trek doesn't make you an actor". Everyone laughed and he left.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Fattest PI posted:

How fast is full impulse? It's gotta be pretty fuckin fast to do anything spacey in an appreciable amount of time right? Why isn't ramming way more effective in that case? Hell if it's any decent speed you wouldn't even need a warhead on your torpedos, just put your spacegarbage in a box and fuckin impulse it at your enemies and they'll be smashed to pieces.

edit: I just googled this because I'm stupid nerdman

So Voyager went a 1/4 the speed of light. That's loving insane. Why do they even have weapons? Just grab a couple asteroids with a tractor beam, and anytime some lovely alien with a stupid forehead pops up in your way, just accelerate to full impulse for like 2 seconds, just long enough to release the asteroid in the direction of the retard alien, stop again, and watch the alien get hit with a rock at a quarter lightspeed, which by my rainman like headmath skills, is equal to like 10,000,000 nukes.

Also, if they can go that fast how do they allow any goddamn torpedo, which fire at sub-relativistic speeds, hit them? They're always like "evasion pattern delta omega 3!!!" which turns out is just sitting idly in front of the bad guys like a kilometer away. I can understand why they always show the ships facing off so close for the show, I mean fighting battles against poo poo you never see doesn't make for good TV. It would make for even better TV if these fuckin space boats would move around and dodge poo poo.

You're overthinking this. Star Trek, impulse , warp, et al is not real. It does not exist. These words are all just devices to service plot contrivances.

e:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Everyone laughed and he left.

This sounds like sdnh, but I want to believe.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 19, 2015

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

We're the Ottomans,

and YOU'RE NOT!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Fattest PI posted:

I thought that energy shields stopped all kinectic based weapons totally. Hence why energy based weapons are the norm.

The Fattest PI posted:

Well sure its all techno babble for TV, but in fights you are trying to loop the loop out wit each other so you keep your exposed softer ship bits hidden while trying to get a clear LOS on their soft target bits.
If you take the Enterprise isn't Ten Forward the most likely spot to be hit every time if they just go toe to toe?

Look at this poo poo:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Anybody who is in Ten Forward during a red alert is either a lollygagger or a civilian. They're expendable.

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Janeway is on orange is the new black, i believe.

She is one of the best things about that show. Also she was in Remo Williams and anything with Fred Ward is gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

This sounds like sdnh, but I want to believe.

I'm pretty sure it didn't because the dude had something like 80 loving acting credits after DS9 ended. Meaney had major roles starring with James Bond, the Cage, SPARTA!, and Jamie Foxx. And he had a recurring lead role in a television series.

Of course, I'd probably would be pissed if all anyone remembered as O'Brien, Space Janitor, much like how Patrick Stewart used to get pissed off by anyone bringing up Captain Picard instead of I, Claudius and his theater performances.

happyhippy posted:

Well sure its all techno babble for TV, but in fights you are trying to loop the loop out wit each other so you keep your exposed softer ship bits hidden while trying to get a clear LOS on their soft target bits.
If you take the Enterprise isn't Ten Forward the most likely spot to be hit every time if they just go toe to toe?

Look at this poo poo:

I never knew Ten Forward was actually on the nose of the saucer section until now. I always assumed it was on the side of the main hull.

Automatic Slim posted:

Anybody who is in Ten Forward during a red alert is either a lollygagger or a civilian. They're expendable.

Or they have the supernatural protection of Guinan, space wizard bartender.

• Locked thread