Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Cop
Mar 22, 2015

You have the right to remain horny.
Has anyone else seen those feature length (and then some) CGI Star Trek fan films made by that one guy who does all of the voices (regardless of race or gender) himself, then gets mad when people comment on it?

https://youtu.be/sGZDwzphAbQ
https://youtu.be/rFA-hNodBRo
https://youtu.be/PGiT3Z2TjP0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Young Freud posted:

Or they have the supernatural protection of Guinan, space wizard bartender.

"Captain, the Enterprise, there is a middle aged human woman baring her arse out the closest window of the ship at us!"
"Lock torpedoes on that window and fire!"

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Automatic Slim posted:

You're overthinking this. Star Trek, impulse , warp, et al is not real. It does not exist. These words are all just devices to service plot contrivances.

What I'm saying is they could have had identical episodes with identical plots with more in-universe-realistic stuff, which would have also made for better tv/ratings. It would have been more expensive though for sure.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Fattest PI posted:

What I'm saying is they could have had identical episodes with identical plots with more in-universe-realistic stuff, which would have also made for better tv/ratings. It would have been more expensive though for sure.

Fair enough. Star Trek always could've used more science in their science fiction.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Stargate was real good about keeping an internal logic and consistency with their fake science. Stargate owns is what Im saying.

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Trek and pedos, Just like peanut butter and jelly, mozzarella sticks and marinara, or dicks in legal age butts.

Imagine a world with genetically modified humans who never age; that is a universe I want to be a part of, a universe filled with legal to bang jailbait.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Stargate was real good about keeping an internal logic and consistency with their fake science. Stargate owns is what Im saying.

Also uses the technology in a realistic way, aka hitting golf balls into the stargate

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015

etalian posted:

Also uses the technology in a realistic way, aka hitting golf balls into the stargate

The p90 is the best anti alien off world weapon

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cobra-Commander posted:

The p90 is the best anti alien off world weapon

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Real-life Star Trek encounters: When I was like 9 or 10 Scotty hit on my mom at a convention and then I remember him being at the hotel and her sitting on his lap. Now I have a little brother.

Also Spock knocked me over at the buffet because I was in between him and his coffee.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
i guess his whole "no bloody D" was a flexible policy

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Young Freud posted:

I'm pretty sure it didn't because the dude had something like 80 loving acting credits after DS9 ended. Meaney had major roles starring with James Bond, the Cage, SPARTA!, and Jamie Foxx. And he had a recurring lead role in a television series.

Of course, I'd probably would be pissed if all anyone remembered as O'Brien, Space Janitor, much like how Patrick Stewart used to get pissed off by anyone bringing up Captain Picard instead of I, Claudius and his theater performances.

Colm Meany is also a hard drinkin irishman and would loving glass your rear end for poo poo like that.

Zero One posted:

Real-life Star Trek encounters: When I was like 9 or 10 Scotty hit on my mom at a convention and then I remember him being at the hotel and her sitting on his lap. Now I have a little brother.

Also Spock knocked me over at the buffet because I was in between him and his coffee.

You should have known to get the gently caress out of Nimoy's way you loving peasant.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sex Cop posted:

Has anyone else seen those feature length (and then some) CGI Star Trek fan films made by that one guy who does all of the voices (regardless of race or gender) himself, then gets mad when people comment on it?

https://youtu.be/sGZDwzphAbQ
https://youtu.be/rFA-hNodBRo
https://youtu.be/PGiT3Z2TjP0

Holy gently caress there's like 10 hours of this. The dude needs an award for most autistic man of all time

Like, he'll animate and edit literally 10 hours of bad CGI star trek fanfiction, but he refuses to find one woman to do the female voices.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Zero One posted:

James Doohan was hardcore as gently caress.

wikipedia posted:

"At the beginning of the Second World War, Doohan joined the Royal Canadian Artillery.[9] He was commissioned a lieutenant in the 13th Field Artillery Regiment of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division. He was sent to England in 1940 for training. His first combat was the invasion of Normandy at Juno Beach on D-Day. Shooting two snipers, Doohan led his men to higher ground through a field of anti-tank mines, where they took defensive positions for the night. Crossing between command posts at 11:30 that night, Doohan was hit by six rounds fired from a Bren gun by a nervous Canadian sentry:[10] four in his leg, one in the chest, and one through his right middle finger. The bullet to his chest was stopped by a silver cigarette case given to him by his brother.[citation needed]His right middle finger had to be amputated, something he would conceal during his career as an actor."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Never knew scotty had a fake middle finger. Imagine all the gimmicks they could have pulled on the show.

Sex Cop
Mar 22, 2015

You have the right to remain horny.

Bardeh posted:

Holy gently caress there's like 10 hours of this. The dude needs an award for most autistic man of all time

Like, he'll animate and edit literally 10 hours of bad CGI star trek fanfiction, but he refuses to find one woman to do the female voices.

There's a wiki for it (of course), and he explains that (kind of).

Looks like he solicited voice actors before he finished. By the time he was ready for them, many were no longer available. Now, he wants to redo large parts of the films before he goes through the process of finding actors again.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just another trans with mental issues.

Move along guys, nothing to see here.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bardeh posted:

how would he find woman?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Rutibex posted:

seems to check out

help, this woman works at my local library.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Rambling Robot posted:

help, this woman works at my local library.

You live on Voyager? !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You live on Voyager? !

no, but cat ladies are everywhere.

• Locked thread