Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Turn Castle into the science fiction show it just barely isn't. Go nuts with the time travel plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kesper North posted:

Turn Castle into the science fiction show it just barely isn't. Go nuts with the time travel plot.
Bring back the working laser gun, the invisibility suit and the hidden ninja clan.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Air is lava! posted:

Bring back the working laser gun, the invisibility suit and the hidden ninja clan.
Also Mira.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

wait, who else left?

Holy gently caress, they told Stana not to come back?

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 19, 2016

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
they need to let this show die already

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kesper North posted:

Air is lava! posted:

Now that I think about it, that's basically Continuum. So of course it's good.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm not sure if Stuxnet and the 3D worm animation is worse than CYBERBOMB but definitely

karrethuun posted:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

karrethuun posted:

This show actually beat me. I stopped watching planning to finish it when the show ended.

So I google today to see when the loving thing will finally end and find out that it's reanimated again. That said I've not been able to stand Beckett for a few seasons now. I can't believe this thing is shambling on.

woodch posted:

Meh, it wasn't bad. Just totally formulaic, and despite the little twists the ending isn't any real surprise.

Edit: I guess I've kinda forgotten why I started watching Castle... for the characters, not necessarily the "mysteries". But the contrived "apart but together" story device is wearing thin.

The whole show forgot what the hell it was at the start.

Original Castle: They find a crazy murder, Beckett does the police work and Castle offers bat poo poo insane theories, and they meet in the middle with only a hint of what Castle was saying is true

Current Castle: Hack the matrix ROM drive my genius daughter, we need to decrypt the time traveler's data files before the ninja assassins find us. Wait here, I'm going to call both of my super secret agent parents in.. well one, we can't afford the other anymore. [Insert Beckett saying LOKSAT 500 times for current season with no actual progress)

... that said, with Beckett leaving and the show continuing, this is their chance to take my theory that Beckett died when she was shot and everything after has been Castle losing his loving mind in his books.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 19, 2016

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I feel like this news is more of an NCIS-ian reminder that we're still watching this show for no reason. It's not like Stana Katic has a pile of acting offers she's been rejecting to keep doubling down on Castle. And it's not like if Castle stopped airing that any of us would meaningfully miss new episodes in the hopes that a baby gets a middle name from another one of the detectives or whatever.

The funniest part about it is that Beckett/Katic had a perfectly organic exit from the show like 3 seasons ago that they blew up after maybe 4 episodes.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

karrethuun posted:

I saw a little piece of a recent episode though where Castle apparently was utterly and completely convinced that there was a literal genie in a lamp and he was trying to tell the "genie" that she was a genie even though she was basically telling him that he was nuts.

Just walk away and save yourself. I stopped watching after the "Ryan, displaying a shocking level of reckless incompetence, shoots Esposito in the butt and everyone laughs it off" episode and decided that Castle ended its run after seven seasons with a great series finale. There was no season 8 or 9.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This most recent episode was pretty fun.

WHY WON'T YOU DIE

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
Hey, Jewel Staite! I love it when the Firefly actors show up.

Edit: Also, whats the deal with Beckett's blue eye shadow? Looks wierd.

Oz fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 12, 2016

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I liked this most recent episode. It seemed like a return to form, what with Castle's crazy theories about the Antichrist and stuff.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Yeah fun ep. Looking forward to how they manage to write Beckett out of the series with very little notice next week.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

10 Beers posted:

I liked this most recent episode. It seemed like a return to form, what with Castle's crazy theories about the Antichrist and stuff.

I caught it thinking it was actually the finale, but man they cheat like a son of a bitch and it's annoying. "Oh that was the light from your zipper." Really? I mean loving really?

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

Blazing Ownager posted:

I caught it thinking it was actually the finale, but man they cheat like a son of a bitch and it's annoying. "Oh that was the light from your zipper." Really? I mean loving really?

Yea, that annoyed me as well. The likelihood that the zipper would catch the light in every picture is very unlikely.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I was gonna say they could bring someone in to replace her as Captain and have her take the position of Senator, while having footage of her in the background on various TVs.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Show is cancelled.

Can't say as I'm surprised. I would have watched a Beckett-less show but I'm in the minority. At least Seasons 1-7 were fun.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Good. Give them a happy ending.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

lomzus posted:

Good. Give them a happy ending.

I agree. I will miss hating this show, but it will be nice that they go out together.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Thank loving God. Now if only they killed off Bones three years ago.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
Lets hope the finale isn't bullshit and they can cap this off nicely.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Oz posted:

Lets hope the finale isn't bullshit and they can cap this off nicely.

idk every season (to my very unreliable memory) has a cliffhanger. It wouldn't be a Filion led show without it imo

Not that i mind; show should have ended years ago.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

In the press it was mentioned they filmed two endings, one if they got renewed and one if they didn't.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

idk every season (to my very unreliable memory) has a cliffhanger. It wouldn't be a Filion led show without it imo

Last season ended on a nice note, that honestly would have been the perfect series finale.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Last season ended on a nice note, that honestly would have been the perfect series finale.

Agreed. I'll catch Monday's show to see what happens, but going forward I'm just going to pretend things ended with S7. There's been a couple good episodes in 8, but they weren't enough to make up for all the rest of it.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Kilo147 posted:

Thank loving God. Now if only they killed off Bones three years ago.

How that show managed to creak on for so many years I'll never know. Was three years ago the Pelant nonsense? Good heavens that was bad.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
At this point I won't be at all surprised if Locksat turns out to be Beckett's zombie mom or her secret twin.

The show had a good run but I'm glad it's almost over.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm betting it's going to be Castle's dad.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Brennanite posted:

How that show managed to creak on for so many years I'll never know. Was three years ago the Pelant nonsense? Good heavens that was bad.

Apparently, because the producers tricked the stars into bad contracts that had gross profit incentives instead of net.

I will catch up on this season later, but sucks that castle had to be canceled.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
The last few seasons had perfect series ending points in the finales, but since they didn't use them I hope they just go for some screwball ending like the entire series being a daydream by Castle when he first met Beckett or what was posted before with Beckett actually dying when she was shot and these are just Castle's crazy stories.

eta: vvvvv Oh...maybe not then.

Andorra fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 15, 2016

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

So you're a big fan of the series finale of Roseanne?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I haven't watched the show since it came back from Winter break. Any important stupid things happen before I just watch the finale?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

GigaPeon posted:

I haven't watched the show since it came back from Winter break. Any important stupid things happen before I just watch the finale?

Haha nope

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Hmm, where there any particular standout episodes following the format of "Castle helps the police solve a mystery by providing outlandish explanations for mundane happenings, only to be proven partially right in the end"?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Maybe the one where he thought the antichrist was real, or that genies were real.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Honestly the idea that they can end the series satisfactorily in exactly one episode is absurd. Unless we get the finale in Serious Castle mode, which would be the worst. But given that this is more or less just an alternate ending I'm not expecting much.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Maybe the one where he thought the antichrist was real, or that genies were real.

There's no proof that guy wasn't the Antichrist.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Calling it now: The last scene will be Castle telling his and Beckett's children, "And that, kids, is how I met your mother."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

GigaPeon posted:

Hmm, where there any particular standout episodes following the format of "Castle helps the police solve a mystery by providing outlandish explanations for mundane happenings, only to be proven partially right in the end"?

Here's what you missed since the beginning of February.

Episode 160 - Cop Rock lite.
Episode 161 - Wacky courtroom escapades.
Episode 162 - Wacky foreign character does spy things while pretending not to be a spy.
Episode 163 - Saw lite.
Episode 164 - I don't remember this one.
Episode 165 - West coast adventure. I don't remember hating this one. Probably because it had Summer Glau in it.
Episode 166 - Beckett backstory stuff. I don't remember hating this one either.
Episode 167 - Espo also gets some backstory stuff, but it sucks.
Episode 168 - Wacky genie episode.
Episode 169 - Hayley backstory stuff, only shocking if you haven't seen a bond movie in the past decade.
Episode 170 - Wacky victim episode.
Episode 171 - Wacky El Chapo episode.
Episode 172 - Wacky Antichrist episode.

• Locked thread