Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Tomo Chan is amazing and worth reading, just forwarning when you see 100+ chapters, it's actually 100+ pages. Which is a tragedy to the manga world cause if anything deserves 100+chapters this would probably fall into that category.

edit:

Phlogistic posted:

Ouji ga Watashi wo Akiramenai!

I almost missed out on this. This is hilarious, and the puri gag had me laughing out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Can korean manwha be posted here?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

khy posted:

Can korean manwha be posted here?

Bad Seafood posted:

Regarding Korean and Chinese comics/webcomics, I'll permit their inclusion since there's really no other place on the forums to discuss or share them that I'm aware of besides one or two threads in here, but I have to be honest and say with two exceptions I've never seen anyone post anything evenly remotely interesting in either of these two categories. There may be a wealth of good Korean and Chinese comics, but their proponents thus far have not done a great job promoting them in any engaging way.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Then I will never stop attempting to get people to read this Manwha.

I still don't know why the author would put this much detail and effort into his comic since it's all one gigantic dick joke but it's funny and fun so I don't care. Have a few more images.

A Monstrous Crow
Jan 29, 2009

Karakuri Circus

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sakamoto desu ga?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Gate.

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Oyaji:

That's why you don't mess with the family man. In all seriousness though, despite what it looks like, it's one of the best family-related and heart-warming slice of life manga out there. With it being a concluded story and just 3 volumes long, I highly recommend it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kingdom

It's about the unification of China, but mostly about dudes chopping peoples heads off with swords. Apart from that the story is actually pretty decent overall.

Imagine I linked a billion more panels with variations on the same thing below.

Owns owns owns.

Giant Killing

Good soccer manga. Stands out from many sports manga as it focuses a lot on the coaches, club and supporters of the team in addition to the players.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Eden: It's an Endless World!

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Assassination Classroom:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thanks now I don't have to read the new chapter

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Sakamoto desu ga?

If only this updated more often than one chapter every six months (if we're lucky).

A Monstrous Crow
Jan 29, 2009
Noramimi:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu

khy posted:

Then I will never stop attempting to get people to read this Manwha.

Any chance of linking to this? My Googling has only turned up far too many videos and pictures of stiletto heels stabbing at dude's nutsacks.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Salsa McManus posted:

Any chance of linking to this? My Googling has only turned up far too many videos and pictures of stiletto heels stabbing at dude's nutsacks.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Special-Martial-Arts-Extreme-Hell-Private-High-School/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
national quiz is a great manga everyone should read but i can't find a good panel of it

A Monstrous Crow
Jan 29, 2009

Jose posted:

national quiz is a great manga everyone should read but i can't find a good panel of it

Weirdly enough, that's exactly what I came here to post.

National Quiz

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
What the gently caress that sounds crazy, will report back after reading.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

It's incredibly good, but hard to encapsulate in a few pages I feel. Read 2/3 of it over again this weekend trying to find pages for this thread, Crow's were some of the better candidates.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I read the National Quiz quite a while ago and remember basically nothing about it, except that it was a pretty amazing read.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I started reading National Quiz yesterday and it's insane.

I think my favorite little touch is the all commercial breaks they keep taking.

EDIT: Finished. Holy moly. Dunno how I feel about the ending but otherwise it was great.

EDIT: After thinking about the ending, I've decided I really like it.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 21, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's hard to pick a single page of Tamen De Gushi because every one is worth posting, so here's two (lots of images unfortunately, but one image is a single panel).

It's a manhua, so each page is read vertically.

All characters are huge dorks and Mophead is the best wingman.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
National Quiz looks like it's drawn by Will Laren:

Also, Dorohedoro which is currently my favorite manga, amazing in so many ways:

nerdz fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 21, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a doomed love

in a dying world

ai-ren

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ai-ren is super good and super sad

Could've done without the side plot though

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Front Mission: Dog Life and Dog Style

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bro Dad posted:

Front Mission: Dog Life and Dog Style

Yessss. I linked this exact panel back in the original thread.

It' a good read but loving :stonk: / :smith: as gently caress.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That Works posted:

Yessss. I linked this exact panel back in the original thread.

It' a good read but loving :stonk: / :smith: as gently caress.

It's cool art but graphic to the point of ridiculousness sometimes.

You seen what happens at Huffman in multiple games and what the USN and OCN are like but instead of being a military engagement its like the author read about all the excesses of tribal warlords in parts of the world and threw those in there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bro Dad posted:

Eden: It's an Endless World!

I've never heard of this before but I'm a sucker for survivors in a freshly post apocalyptic setting, I hopped right in and six chapters in after the prologue its switched between almost as many characters/areas, pretty much the only link being cherubin. Does that continue for the entire run or does it actually pick some people and stick with them for more than a chapter? I'm loving the atmosphere, the aesthetic of the machinery (very 80s/early 90s), and the brutal, unapologetic and utterly uncompromising nature of it, but I don't know if I could stomach that if it keeps hopping to new people constantly.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 23, 2015

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

You seen what happens at Huffman in multiple games and what the USN and OCN are like but instead of being a military engagement its like the author read about all the excesses of tribal warlords in parts of the world and threw those in there.

I never played any of the games so it was just as presented for me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It still manages to give a better anti-war message than every loving Gundam and Mecha anime ever. The cross arch was hella hosed.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That Works posted:

I never played any of the games so it was just as presented for me.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It still manages to give a better anti-war message than every loving Gundam and Mecha anime ever. The cross arch was hella hosed.

Oh yah I'm not saying it's bad at all, just really messed up sometimes.

My favorite arc is the Eden one cause that guys hard as hell.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The cyborg pedophile

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I've never heard of this before but I'm a sucker for survivors in a freshly post apocalyptic setting, I hopped right in and six chapters in after the prologue its switched between almost as many characters/areas, pretty much the only link being cherubin. Does that continue for the entire run or does it actually pick some people and stick with them for more than a chapter? I'm loving the atmosphere, the aesthetic of the machinery (very 80s/early 90s), and the brutal, unapologetic and utterly uncompromising nature of it, but I don't know if I could stomach that if it keeps hopping to new people constantly.
yes, it ends up sticking with mostly the same characters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

A Monstrous Crow posted:

Weirdly enough, that's exactly what I came here to post.

National Quiz

thanks and i hope everyone who reads it enjoys it because it owns a lot

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Kengai Princess, about a shy, plain looking girl and her issues. Pretty standard shojo, but the main character makes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Sukeban Deka

A story about a delinquent girl forced to become an undercover student cop.

I love it.

• Locked thread