Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Police were going to release him, but when asked how accurate his clock was, his response of "Pretty accurate I think. It says it's almost time for Death-To-Whitey-O'Clock" caused them to keep him in custody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

make this my av somehow nerd

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

I remember being stuck on I-93 for two hours while they inspected one of these suspicious devices that were mounted underneath. I feel lucky to have been saved from the mooninites.

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
students arent supposed to know what time it is in school, it makes them too independent

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

What time is it? Time to go back to your country you drat muzzie. :fsmug:

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
LOL, people in the comments are trying to paint him as a aspiring terrorist that's just making sure he's got this part of the bomb working right. :sigh: Never mind the fact that most time bombs just use a store bought watch.

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
the most important thing about a bomb is that it keep accurate time and scare your teachers

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Some cops decided to do some illegal poo poo and didn't realize the camera they tried to destroy was still recording.
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/09/florida-cops-unable-to-turn-off-new-360-degree-pinac-cam-during-arrest-of-fair-dui-lawyer/

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
now that clocks don't tick it's important for time bombs to make really loud beeping sounds all of the time instead

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
God almighty, we're EDUCATING these people now? Thanks Obama!

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Police didn't arrest him for the clock, they arrested him for when he makes a real bomb in the future. Cops aren't stupid guys.

Brown? - Check
Mohammad in name? - Check
Muslim? - Check
Can make a clock? Check

The facts all add up.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR PRECOG CRIMES

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
fire bathe texas

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Someone photoshop this kid into Minority Report jpg

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
"Its not a bomb, its a home made timing device" :rolleyes:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

down n out posted:

When the teacher tells you not to look at the clock they goddamn mean it

:clap: Best post

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
let him rot in spellhold

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Round up any Slavs you own and jail them as well for our sakes and our children's sakes. Like if you agree.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo I'm so angry right now this is loving insane.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
That nerd wants to know what time it is.

Give him the chair!

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Holy poo poo I'm so angry right now this is loving insane.

lol are you literally shaking

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Here's his cat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0OANLfy1k

So you can see the teachers were right to be afraid

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Pawn 17 posted:

Telling the time maybe?

You can buy a clock anywhere, no one NEEDS to build their own or make it look scary with wires and stuff.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Teachers taught an important lesson

Digital clocks are for faggots

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tom Brady posted:

lol are you literally shaking

Not quite!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Lol if he didn't hate America before he does now

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

He should move to Europe where he will be treated like an actual human being.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

You can buy a clock anywhere, no one NEEDS to build their own or make it look scary with wires and stuff.

The best case scenario is that this was a poorly considered joke, I dont believe for a second that he didnt expect the kind of reaction he got

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
He was askin' for it, obv.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

a bay posted:

The best case scenario is that this was a poorly considered joke, I dont believe for a second that he didnt expect the kind of reaction he got

Well you're a jaded doofus

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

He is a kid with an interest in electronics and robotics and such and was proud of his creation and brought it to school to show a teacher whom he liked and trusted. He was seeking encouragement. Instead, he got the opposite.

He probably couldn't put a casing on it to make it look non-threatening like a digital clock you have in your house.

They took a kid with a healthy interest and punished him for it. That's 15 different kinds of hosed up.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Ha Ha. This kid got arrested for being a Goober.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/644121875488968704?s=09

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Retail Slave posted:

He is a kid with an interest in electronics and robotics and such and was proud of his creation and brought it to school to show a teacher whom he liked and trusted. He was seeking encouragement. Instead, he got the opposite.

He probably couldn't put a casing on it to make it look non-threatening like a digital clock you have in your house.

They took a kid with a healthy interest and punished him for it. That's 15 different kinds of hosed up.

Making a timing device isnt exactly advanced electronic engineering especially for someone who has worked on robots. He knew the nature and appearance of the device were suspect

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
we should totally round up all muslims and put them in intermittent camps like we did with the japanese

you know, just to be on the safe side

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
At the people who are like. Why would this kid build a stupid box clock? You just have to watch the video to understand why.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Deport his rear end

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a bay posted:

well that's pretty dumb i think it's much more likely that he was a kid who was proud he built a thing and wanted to show it off

when i was his age i built a short wave radio from a mail order kit and i was proud of it and showed it off. but i'm korean so people thought well look at the clever oriental how like his people not oh my god call the police

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
I actually went to the same high school as this kid, and I'm not surprised by this in the slightest.

The school is on the 'affluent' (read:white) side of town, and the administration has always been a bunch of reactionary shitheads who are terrified of minorities. I was in high school in 2001, and my 'Muslim' last name got me some extra attention despite the fact that I'm as white as the driven snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Pumroy posted:

well that's pretty dumb i think it's much more likely that he was a kid who was proud he built a thing and wanted to show it off

when i was his age i built a short wave radio from a mail order kit and i was proud of it and showed it off. but i'm korean so people thought well look at the clever oriental how like his people not oh my god call the police

Nah, you were just put on a list of people who might be sending American secrets to Kim Jong "Make'em say" Un (nah-nah-nah-nahhhh)

• Locked thread