Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Flex, standard: rashad jennings (v ATL), stevie (@ CIN), smith sr (@ OAK), yeldon (v MIA)

Very seriously considering swapping jennings for stevie...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I have to pick a WR between...

John Brown@CHI
Devante Adams vs SEA
Markus Wheaton@SF

I've got them ranked in that order, planning on going with Brown but wanted other opinions

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Catfish Noodlin posted:

John Brown@CHI
Devante Adams vs SEA
Markus Wheaton@SF

I've got them ranked in that order, planning on going with Brown but wanted other opinions

Wheaton is not worth considering. Brown is the easy choice over Adams I think.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Catfish Noodlin posted:

John Brown@CHI
Devante Adams vs SEA
Markus Wheaton@SF

As a Bears fan it's hard to emphasize how unimpressive the Bears Defense is. Play Brown, he's probably got like a 75% chance for a TD, could have a monster game.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
WR2 spot, 0.5 ppr

Donte Moncrief vNYJ
Cole Beasley @Phi
Amari Cooper vBal

Huskers
May 9, 2009
Standard 0PPR
Pick 2 WR out of:

Davante Adams (SEA)
Vincent Jackson (@NO)
Amari Cooper (BAL)

Leaning towards Adams and V Jack, I think those 2 games are shootouts, at least TB will be behind, maybe some garbage time. Carr injury hurts Cooper? or am I overthinking that.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I need to pick up a TE and a DEF for this week, with Delanie Walker out. Also gotta kinda err on the side of big points, cause my opponent had the Broncos DEF and was already projected to beat me.

Available TE:
Darren Fells (ARI @CHI)
Eric Ebron (DET @MIN)
Lance Kendricks (STL @WAS)
Jared Cook (STL @WAS)

Or Scott Chandler I guess, but that seems awful. Kinda leaning Fells, cause I like the number of targets he got.

DEF:

Lions @MIN
Giants vs ATL (this seems verrrry risky)
Bengals vs SD
Browns vs TEN
Colts vs NYJ

Yeah, the waiver is thin at defense. I have no clue what to do here, as all of them seem like they could be decent or could get absolutely run over. Sorta thinking Colts, I guess? No clue here.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zero_Grade posted:

I need to pick up a TE and a DEF for this week, with Delanie Walker out. Also gotta kinda err on the side of big points, cause my opponent had the Broncos DEF and was already projected to beat me.

Available TE:
Darren Fells (ARI @CHI)
Eric Ebron (DET @MIN)
Lance Kendricks (STL @WAS)
Jared Cook (STL @WAS)

Or Scott Chandler I guess, but that seems awful. Kinda leaning Fells, cause I like the number of targets he got.

DEF:

Lions @MIN
Giants vs ATL (this seems verrrry risky)
Bengals vs SD
Browns vs TEN
Colts vs NYJ

Yeah, the waiver is thin at defense. I have no clue what to do here, as all of them seem like they could be decent or could get absolutely run over. Sorta thinking Colts, I guess? No clue here.

Cook. Nothing says Fells' first week wasn't a fluke, and he's a blocker.

I'd actually probably go Browns and count on Mariota acting more like a rookie QB in his second start. Fading teams with rookie QBs is usually the thing to do, and one good week against an awful defense isn't enough for me to fully buy into Mariota. Otherwise, Colts aren't a terrible option, but NYJ probably are going to keep being an improved offense over last year.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
0.5 ppr, need an RB2

Alfred Blue @ Car or Karlos Williams vs NE? I grabbed Williams off the waivers when Shady missed practice, but now it looks more likely that he'll play after all. Meanwhile, I really don't want to have to rely on Blue if I can help it. Hell I've even considered starting Roy Helu this week (especially since my opponent played CJA so I feel I might have a little bit of wriggle room). Williams is the more talented back, but Blue will get at least a small bit of touches (and I have no loving idea how Helu's going to be used). No clue what to do here.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sushipants posted:

0.5 ppr, need an RB2

Alfred Blue @ Car or Karlos Williams vs NE? I grabbed Williams off the waivers when Shady missed practice, but now it looks more likely that he'll play after all. Meanwhile, I really don't want to have to rely on Blue if I can help it. Hell I've even considered starting Roy Helu this week (especially since my opponent played CJA so I feel I might have a little bit of wriggle room). Williams is the more talented back, but Blue will get at least a small bit of touches (and I have no loving idea how Helu's going to be used). No clue what to do here.

If McCoy is at least questionable going into the game, I might start Karlos over Blue. Do you know if Blue got the goal line carries? I think with Grimes and Polk there, Blue might not see significantly more touches than Karlos, and Karlos should do more with those limited touches.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
Pick 1: (4PaTD, +2 bonus at 300/350/400 yards)
M. Ryan @ NYG
R. Tannehill @ JAX

Pick 1: (.5 PPR, +2 bonus at 100/150/200 yards)
D. Woodhead @ CIN
B. Coleman vs. TB
D. Adams vs. SEA
G. Bernard vs. SD

Italicized are currently slotted to start. Change anything?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

a nigga who smoke posted:

Pick 1: (4PaTD, +2 bonus at 300/350/400 yards)
M. Ryan @ NYG
R. Tannehill @ JAX

Pick 1: (.5 PPR, +2 bonus at 100/150/200 yards)
D. Woodhead @ CIN
B. Coleman vs. TB
D. Adams vs. SEA
G. Bernard vs. SD

Italicized are currently slotted to start. Change anything?

Matt Ryan is a for sure start. I like Woodhead there but also could see a case for Adams. The Seahawks D didn't look particularly good against the Rams and Nick Foles so I think Adams will catch a lot of passes.

Pick 1 Wide Receiver and 1 Flex for this week (0.5 PPR, otherwise standard). Bold are my current picks unless someone can talk me into Tate.

Stevie Johnson
Davante Adams
Golden Tate

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I like Golden Tate with a limited Calvin in any ppr format. More reliable than decante Adams.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I like Golden Tate with a limited Calvin in any ppr format. More reliable than decante Adams.

Where are you hearing that Calvin is limited? I haven't seen that news anywhere.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Need 1 for a flex in a non PPR:

Julian Edleman
Rashad Jennings
Kendall Wright
Stevie Johnson

A little shook by the Buffalo D, but if Gronk is gonna legitimately draw triple teams then I'm hesitant to have Edleman ride the pine

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

poo poo, Chris Ivory is questionable, and doesn't play until Monday night. poo poo. PPR, Flex spot.

Chris Ivory @Ind
Anquan Boldin @Pit
Alfred Morris vs. StL

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

xbilkis posted:

Need 1 for a flex in a non PPR:

Julian Edleman
Rashad Jennings
Kendall Wright
Stevie Johnson

A little shook by the Buffalo D, but if Gronk is gonna legitimately draw triple teams then I'm hesitant to have Edleman ride the pine

Definitely Edleman

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
In a bit of a pickle due to Alshon Jeffery maybe not playing and some bad matchups.

I need to pick a WR2 and FLEX out of the following. WR1 is Antonio Brown. .5ppr

Alshon Jeffery @ Ari
Danny Woodhead @ Cin
Andre Johnson @ NYJ
Stevie Johnson @ Cin
Cole Beasley @ Phi

Bolded is current play, I'm worried to start Jeffery even if he does play.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Pick 2 1 PPR.

Andre Johnson (Has not done well against Revis in previous matchups)
Brandon Marshall
Devin Funchess
Eddie Royal
Terrance Williams
Ladarius Green

Right now I"m leaning towards Brandon Marshall and Andre...although I'm tempted to put in Terrance in Andres place, but Terrance scares me as well. His targets are super random. My thought though with Dez out is he will be targeted more?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Need to choose a flex, .5 PPR

Gore vs NYJ
Randle @ Phi

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is Randle's breakout week :agesilaus:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

MrSargent posted:

Where are you hearing that Calvin is limited? I haven't seen that news anywhere.

Hm, unsure. I get most of my news on the radio. Maybe e just didn't have a good week one.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Teeter posted:

Need to choose a flex, .5 PPR

Gore vs NYJ
Randle @ Phi

Randle

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
1 PPR

Sproles

OR

Yeldon

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm considering benching LeSean McCoy (vs NE) and starting Chris Johnson (@ CHI)

Is this a bad idea?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
.5 PPR

Jordan Reed
Dwayne Allen
Heath Miller
Eric Ebron

I picked up Reed early in the week as soon as he hit FA again. Stick with him this week vs a tricky Stl Defense or drop him for one of these other guys for the week.

Keith Atherton posted:

I'm considering benching LeSean McCoy (vs NE) and starting Chris Johnson (@ CHI)

Is this a bad idea?

I feel like if McCoy is starting you gotta roll with him. You drafted him pretty high and it wasn't long ago he was a number 1 overall pick in many drafts.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 20, 2015

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1 PPR, need to fill one Flex spot.

Joique Bell @MIN
Amari Cooper vs BAL
Kendall Wright @CLE
Donte Moncrief vs NYJ
Benny Cunningham @WAS

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bump from the end of the last page...

PPR. I need 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a Flex

This is how I've currently got things set up:
RB: Matt Forte vs Ari
RB: Latavius Murray vs Bal
WR: ODB vs Atl
WR: Brandin Cooks vs TB
Flex: Darren Sproles vs Dal

Bench
Stevie Johnson @ Cin
Steve Smith @ Oak
Roddy White @ NYG

No clue what to do about my Flex really

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Put Steve Smith in your Flex this week. I like SSS and Stevie better than Sproles though in full PPR especially.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
PPR league, bolds are starting.

RB: Sankey @Cle
TE: G.Olsen vs Hou
W/R/T: A.Johnson vs NYJ, R.White @ NYG, S.Johnson @Cin

Bench:
A.Morris vs Stl
Yeldon vs Mia
Dunbar @Phi

J.Cook @ Was

A.Robinson vs Mia

I feel pretty good, but also feel like I could interchange some of these guys without much difference. What should I do?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

Bump from the end of the last page...

PPR. I need 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a Flex

This is how I've currently got things set up:
RB: Matt Forte vs Ari
RB: Latavius Murray vs Bal
WR: ODB vs Atl
WR: Brandin Cooks vs TB
Flex: Darren Sproles vs Dal

Bench
Stevie Johnson @ Cin
Steve Smith @ Oak
Roddy White @ NYG

No clue what to do about my Flex really

I would put Stevie Johnson in your flex. I think he is going to continue owning in PPR formats. He might even surpass Cooks as your WR2.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

1 PPR, need to fill one Flex spot.

Joique Bell @MIN
Amari Cooper vs BAL
Kendall Wright @CLE
Donte Moncrief vs NYJ
Benny Cunningham @WAS

Those are rough options. I'd say Cooper just because it's possible he'll blow up. The rest are unlikely to do much of anything.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Pick 4 in a .5 PPR league

Chris Johnson @ Chi
Stevie Johnson @ Cin
Brandon Coleman @ Bucs
Sankey @ Cleveland
Garçon vs Stl
Hilton vs NYJ

Leaning the johnsons, sankey, and Coleman. Does that sound reasonable? (I also have cooks starting if that changes anything)

Jagwires
May 31, 2009
Standard scoring league

Need 2 RBs from this poo poo pile:

Rashad Jennings
Tevin Coleman
CJ Spiller
Tre Mason
Ronnie Hillman

Currently have Jennings and Coleman in.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Chris Johnson @ Chi
Stevie Johnson @ Cin
Brandon Coleman @ Bucs
Sankey @ Cleveland
Garçon vs Stl
Hilton vs NYJ

Leaning the johnsons, sankey, and Coleman. Does that sound reasonable? (I also have cooks starting if that changes anything)

Chris Johnson, Stevie Johnson, Bishop Sankey, T.Y. Hilton.

My only reservation is T.Y. Hilton listed questionable for the Monday night game, potentially leaving you in the lurch.

Jagwires posted:

Standard scoring league

Need 2 RBs from this poo poo pile:

Rashad Jennings
Tevin Coleman
CJ Spiller
Tre Mason
Ronnie Hillman

Currently have Jennings and Coleman in.

I agree with Colemanand Jennings. Next up would be Tre Mason.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Chris Johnson @ Chi
Stevie Johnson @ Cin
Brandon Coleman @ Bucs
Sankey @ Cleveland
Garçon vs Stl
Hilton vs NYJ

I like Pierre Garcon this week with DeSean out.

IF Hilton even plays he could end up dealing with Revis all night.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
0.5 PPR, need a WR2.

VJax @ NO
Stevie @ CIN
Moncrief vs NYJ

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Doppelganger posted:

0.5 PPR, need a WR2.

VJax @ NO
Stevie @ CIN
Moncrief vs NYJ

Stevie

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

12man 0.5PPR

So the latest report seems to be that Ty Hilton may possibly play on Monday. I have Moncrief as my my WR3 with AJ80 and Mike Wallace in the bench. Cobb and DeAndre Hopkins are my 1/2. I'm starting to lean towards putting in Mike Wallace in case Hilton is progressing better than expected and does play Monday night. I guess the other option is to wait until Monday and then choose between Moncrief and AJ80. Anyone else have feelings on if TY will actually play, or which option I should go with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Alshon Jeffrey looking like he's not playing this week and Ivory not at 100% and playing on monday, I have to shuffle around my game day roster.

Currently i moved Brandin Cooks to my WR2 spot and Eric Decker into my flex, but i also have Brown on the bench. Who should I start?

Also it's a bit trickier with the Ivory situation, if i leave him there i stand the chance of him not playing on monday and having to go emergency Powell/Empty. Do I slot in Coleman or take a chance on Lewis?

I'm hoping Martellus Bennett picks up an extra 5 points or 15.

• Locked thread