Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My So-Called Life was so freaking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Vegas.

Carnivāle.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Clone High

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! OUR open mouth kissing booth? More like YOUR open mouth kissing booth!"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FormaldehydeSon posted:

the worst part is every few years a ReBoot "reboot" comes along and I get all excited for a few days then I never hear about it again

Yeah I've seen Reboot teased like 4 times now. Its killing me every time.

Rocko's Modern Life.

Did anyone mention Firefly?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Maxx

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Twin Peaks was too good for this world

well I guess it just got approved for like 12 episodes on AMC or something but you know what I mean

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Monkey Fracas posted:

Twin Peaks was too good for this world

well I guess it just got approved for like 12 episodes on AMC or something but you know what I mean

I think I read Lynch walked away from the project.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

top gear lol

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
Millennium.

But I guess the millennium happened and ruined it all.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Wouldn't surprise me but I thought it got cancelled due to severe ratings dropoff in the second season

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Fat girls on drugs

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He's back on it last I heard.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Firefly

American Guns

Sons of Guns

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mad Monk posted:

He's back on it last I heard.

Cool, I watched a few episodes of the old series and liked what I saw, however I think Lynch might be too crazy these days to make something a majority of people would enjoy.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
X Files could've had a few more seasons if they stuck to monster of the week type stuff, with the mythology ones being kept to the barest minimum. Granted it was a shell of itself by the end.

I'd say Angel, but season 5 was virtually flawless, they went out in peak form.

Rome is the one I wish they had time to flesh out.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Kuato posted:

X Files could've had a few more seasons if they stuck to monster of the week type stuff, with the mythology ones being kept to the barest minimum.

No need. Blacklist is turning into X-Files lite.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Kuato posted:

X Files could've had a few more seasons if they stuck to monster of the week type stuff, with the mythology ones being kept to the barest minimum. Granted it was a shell of itself by the end.

I'd say Angel, but season 5 was virtually flawless, they went out in peak form.

Rome is the one I wish they had time to flesh out.

I never watched any of the Terminator-dude ones. I kinda tuned out after the violent episode with the hillbilly retards, didn't really get it.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Let's Play: JUST SHMORK PLAYS.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TwoFire posted:

No need. Blacklist is turning into X-Files lite.

did that show ever get good? i watched like the first 5 eps and then gave up when there was an ep with ~nuclear dirty bomb~ that they stop by driving it off the pier into water, followed by the really lovely wilson bioterrorist episode. both of these being standard awful cliche dreck usually reserved for when a show is in the deaththrows as part of some midseason cliffhanger 'drama' episode.

also the main chick is about as boring and wooden as a plank of wood. even though spader owns, he couldn't save that show

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Xaris posted:

did that show ever get good? i watched like the first 5 eps and then gave up when there was an ep with ~nuclear dirty bomb~ that they stop by driving it off the pier into water, followed by the really lovely wilson bioterrorist episode. both of these being standard awful dreck usually reserved for when a show is in the deaththrows.

also the main chick is about as boring and wooden as a plank of wood. even though spader owns, he couldn't save that show

Season 1 was better than Season 2, believe it or not. I gave up about halfway through when 2 showed up on Netflix. There are some incredibly strange nonlinear things happening but they wrap up everything but the important poo poo in an hour, so you don't need to worry about it, including an episode about a magical plague from egypt or some poo poo and both the scarred chick and the mussad chick get it but hey its still taken care of in an hour and then just briefly mentioned later in passing. Oh, and russian spies and poo poo. They writers seem to have taken to throwing darts at lovely plotlines.

Seriously, its just as bad as later x-files.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Hannibal.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

party down was legit the best sitcom i ever watched

rip

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Aye Party Down was great.

TwoFire posted:

Season 1 was better than Season 2, believe it or not

lmao. glad i stopped after the first several eps (and i probably should have stopped after the second)

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011

Happy Bear Suit posted:

party down was legit the best sitcom i ever watched

rip

yeah, this. that show was loving brilliant.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Home Movies

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Rubicon. Hannibal. Firefly. Life. In the thick of it.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Xaris posted:

lmao. glad i stopped after the first several eps (and i probably should have stopped after the second)

I still had hope for some form of recovery until we found out she kept her spyhubby locked in a sub at the wharf and ended up almost going down for killing a worker on the pier but WRAP IT UP IN AN HOUR SO... also her boss has brain cancer now. Seriously, its so bad its almost funny. Kind of like Six Feet Under after season 1. Just stupid instead of bad drama.

As an aside: NewsRadio should have ended at Season 4. 5 should never have happened after Phil died. It was so bad it basically killed the whole series.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Do people really still like firefly that much? I remember liking it a lot when I was younger, but like i tried watching ti again recently and it was just so bad and corny

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Dream On. And also, Homicide: Life on the Street.

Nic Cage dick cage fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 16, 2015

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Hermans Head. :v:

Nooner posted:

Do people really still like firefly that much? I remember liking it a lot when I was younger, but like i tried watching ti again recently and it was just so bad and corny

Whedon is as Whedon does. These are the same people who think Lynch is deep instead of boring.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Playmakers that show on ESPN

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Counterpoint: Arrested Development should have been canceled after season 1. It would have been better to image what it could have beeen rather than see it for real.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

TwoFire posted:

but WRAP IT UP IN AN HOUR SO...

now that i think about it, that's a big problem it had. it felt like a really lovely boring cop-drama with 90s tv design that must be self-contained happy-ending 50 minute nuggets. like when the nuclear car bomb went off inside the houston harbor, it was all high-fives and happy-go-lucky yay we stopped the generic 'race the clock' #2198312 plot--nevermind that should still be rather dark and suck because they would still need to evacuate and largely would be uninhabitable still. not a single mention or acting like there was any care because it's been resolved! We wrapped it up in 50 minutes welp time to go home see you next week for #2198313 race-against-time plot.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
allen gregory. it was just such a loving trainwreck i wanted it to last the whole season at least.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Xaris posted:

now that i think about it, that's a big problem it had.

If you only watched the first part of season 1, you saw more cliffhangers than exist in season 2. I had more emotion involvement when Larry, Balki, and the girls got stuck in the basement with the flooding broken pipe than season 2 has for at least the first half. It had better direction, too.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
The Unit - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460690/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe. Fux sake.

e: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenspeed_and_Brown_Shoe

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001