Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Eerie, Indiana. It was made by Joe Dante and often had roles for some of his regular actors like John Aston and Henry Gibson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
My Favorite Martian.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Deadwood
Mob city

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
There a show called Woops that was on after Herman's Head, and I think it only lasted for a season, but I loved it.

World peace was announced, and they decided to have a parade in DC of all the nuclear missiles they weren't going to need anymore. Some kid at the parade was playing with his RC car, and it set all the missiles off, destroying the world except for the people who happened to be inside Volvos at the time. They all met at a cabin on a farm in the middle of nowhere and tried to restart society.

It was back when Fox was really goofy and low budget, and it was very funny. There was only 2 women, a flat-chested one and a busty one, so the flat one had to strap a plow to her back and plow the fields to farm. Then the flat one found a necklace in the field that had been irradiated so when she wore it her boobs got huge, so the men made them hold a beauty pageant between the two women.

I miss really bizarre humor shows like we used to get.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
The good guys.

don't trust the b in apt 23

Suburgatory

Human target

Kings

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
Space: Above and Beyond was decent.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

deep impact on vhs posted:

a few years ago there was a really cool cop drama i was into called southland

it was great because instead of taking the "cop good criminal bad :downs:" approach it gave a more human face to the criminals and the people around them, and the people they affected

it also showed how dangerous policing is a bad thing (one of the cops had a painkiller addiction and a bad back injury but refused to get proper surgery and he would routinely put his colleagues in danger because of it)

the show had a long run but ended on a cliffhanger and was never renewed for another season :smith:

over there was another one which was a military show but only got one season before it got canned

why do good shows get cancelled but the big bang theory is still on air

Same but replace policing with pirating and Southland with The Pirates of Darkwater and my cock in your mothaaaaaa

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 (one of the funniest loving shows on television)
The Mole was a cool concept and I would have liked to see more of it
Clone High - this one is kinda iffy because the season that we have is solid gold but I feel like there could have been another one without turning into tired Simpsons rehash stuff
H Jon Benjamin Has a Van needs another season or three
Mr. Show
The Dresden Files, not because it was great or had much at all to do with the books but because there should be more shows about goofy wizards and their homosexual British ghost life partners

And this is a weird one, but I miss all the old (usually) educational children's game shows on PBS and Nickelodeon - how are my future children going to learn geography if ACME just keeps Carmen Sandiego rotting in a cell in some black site somewhere?

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Wonder Showzen.

I think Wondershowzen was cancelled because it was TOO good. I don't even know how it ended up on MTV2 in the first place. How was the PATIENCE episode broadcast on television?

for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wAcj7fFQYU

My response: Seconding Strangers With Candy, and Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Xaris posted:

2 full + 1 half season (coming back later) aired on Fox back in the early 2000s. netflix did a 4th season recently that sucked rear end and they should have left it alone.

the first 2 (and even third has a lot of good moments) were really good though.

I gotta give credit to the crew for their attempt, at least. Being unable to get the actors on set together in a drat sitcom should have been an instant deal breaker

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Pleads posted:

Better Off Ted.

Pretty sure the awful name killed that fantastic show.

x1000

Absolute travesty for an awesome show.
And the name was terrible.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

shut up netface posted:

I think Wondershowzen was cancelled because it was TOO good. I don't even know how it ended up on MTV2 in the first place. How was the PATIENCE episode broadcast on television?

for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wAcj7fFQYU

My response: Seconding Strangers With Candy, and Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

This show was one of the best things to ever be on TV.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
alien in the family

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Human Giant was an awesome sketch comedy show that was ahead of it's time. If they would have showed up 5 years later with their snack sized, youtube friendly poo poo it would have been huge.

https://youtu.be/AabGdnTxqD0

https://youtu.be/l9M_RjIJcM8

sock it to me! fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 16, 2015

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Capoeira Capybara posted:

Human Giant was an awesome sketch comedy show that was ahead of it's time. If they would have showed up 5 years later with their snack sized, youtube friendly poo poo it would have been huge.

Except Aziz is cancer.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Capoeira Capybara posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9q30Ce2vwE

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Human Target was amazingly well done. Shame Fox didn't put any effort in to getting it on the radar

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Human Target was amazingly well done. Shame Fox didn't put any effort in to getting it on the radar

Human Target tanked because they fired Bear McCreary

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

vyst posted:

Human Target tanked because they fired Bear McCreary

Never fire a bear. it is bad luck

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was a gem. Great cast, did really interesting things with the setting, got absolutely hosed.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
tron uprising got canceled on a cliffhanger :argh:

if you like action animation, especially if you like batman beyond, you will enjoy tron uprising. did I mention it's gorgeous and the music is pretty good, and it stars elijah wood, mandy moore, paul reubens, aaron paul (yes, that aaron paul), bruce boxleitner, emanuelle chriqui, and lance henriksen? it got hosed marketingwise, hosed in lack of merch, hosed in bad time slots, just disney relentlessly hosed the show over. it is criminal.

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
Stella

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

has anybody said deadwood yet

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Rome would have been really good if they had been able to finish out the four seasons they planned. I think the third was supposed to be set in Egypt and deal with Anthony, and the fourth was to be set in Judea. The second season wasn't fleshed out enough, having to cram in everything about Anthony and Augustus in Egypt.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

has anybody said deadwood yet

Above on this same page.

I think Deadwood ended right where it needed to.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BgRdMchne posted:

Above on this same page.

I think Deadwood ended right where it needed to.

yea i mean it was alright but i wanted to see that rl fire that happened there

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

oncearoundaltair posted:

Eerie, Indiana. It was made by Joe Dante

I knew there was something I liked about that show. I loved Gremlins, and I only watched an episode or two of that show but I really liked it. It was like Are You Afraid of the Dark meets Pete and Pete meets Twilight Zone meets some other reference.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:
Re: ReBoot

New series is legit in production now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot

Wonder if they'll make a great show in the modern era or spend 20 mins per episode referencing memes and cultural phenomena.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

BgRdMchne posted:

Rome would have been really good if they had been able to finish out the four seasons they planned. I think the third was supposed to be set in Egypt and deal with Anthony, and the fourth was to be set in Judea. The second season wasn't fleshed out enough, having to cram in everything about Anthony and Augustus in Egypt.

Rome was pretty drat good.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
"Whatever Happened too Robot Jones?"

It got cancelled ;__;

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Herman's Head and Life Goes On. I used to loving love those shows when I was a kid.

EDIT: Wait gently caress it wasn't life goes on... poo poo it was ummm hold on.

EDIT2: gently caress I can't remember the name of the show. I think the main actore was balding and a redhead and he maybe drove an ice cream truck? I know he was in a reeeeeeeally bad movie and then his career was over. Maybe first name Chris?

EDIT3: Get a Life! with Chris Elliott. That was a decent show imo.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 17, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Chris Elliot's career didn't end with Cabin Boy, he just doubled down on being Chris Elliot and randomly made appearances in other people's stuff. It just basically ended his career as a scriptwriter.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Party Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT2DOz2McW8

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Millennium.

But I guess the millennium happened and ruined it all.

Season 2 finale was some of the best TV ever made. A woman looses her sanity to the sound track of Patti Smith and they weren't afraid to kill off major characters.

I loved Season 1 & 2. Chris Carter retconned Season 3 and I lost all interest.

The views on this new thing called "the internet" from a late 90s perspective is worth watching alone.

Edit: also, Frank's Place.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
My mother the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kz3hfJweE0

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
MST3K

Rifftrax just isn't the same without the robots and the satellite of love

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Quantum Leap.

David Lynch's sitcom, "On the Air"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiA60FEX4Gw

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 17, 2015

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

You better mean the Joel years. :argh:

The Bible posted:

Quantum Leap.

Yeah the ending to that was the beginning of the pussiest writeouts ever in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

deep impact on vhs posted:

a few years ago there was a really cool cop drama i was into called southland

it was great because instead of taking the "cop good criminal bad :downs:" approach it gave a more human face to the criminals and the people around them, and the people they affected

it also showed how dangerous policing is a bad thing (one of the cops had a painkiller addiction and a bad back injury but refused to get proper surgery and he would routinely put his colleagues in danger because of it)

the show had a long run but ended on a cliffhanger and was never renewed for another season :smith:

over there was another one which was a military show but only got one season before it got canned

why do good shows get cancelled but the big bang theory is still on air

sober dewey ftw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMylLV9jwYo

• Locked thread