Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

This. The spewey episode is some of the best TV out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law. Ended when Colbert left for the Colbert Report. KORGOTH OF BARBARIA, basically a really gross looking post apocalyptic D&D campaign, was considered too violent for adult swim.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 17, 2015

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The Bronx Zoo - directed (mostly) by Allan Arkush and starring Ed Asner as the principal of a school in the Bronx.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Stark Raving Mad. Once upon a time you could cancel a show with a 10.7 household share, a top 20 rating, an award, good reviews and NPH after one season :argh:

buttcrackmenace posted:

Space : Above And Beyond

drat it's been so long all I remember about that one is that there was some space, some dudes from beyond and that I loved it :smith:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

TwoFire posted:

Except Aziz is cancer.

and yet at his worst he is still better than you at your finest

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Frostwerks posted:

and yet at his worst he is still better than you at your finest

MY NEPHEW CALLED YOU A FAG ON TWITTER AND HE'S NEVER WRONG

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Peanut President posted:

Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law. Ended when Colbert left for the Colbert Report. KORGOTH OF BARBARIA, basically a really gross looking post apocalyptic D&D campaign, was considered too violent for adult swim.

that sucks poo poo if we had that and VB and R&M adult swim would be tits. i remember liking the pilot too

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Vic Boss posted:

Re: ReBoot

New series is legit in production now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot

Wonder if they'll make a great show in the modern era or spend 20 mins per episode referencing memes and cultural phenomena.

quote:

Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they're next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace. Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he's getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids.

When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city's transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they're really on a cyber mission to save the world!

can't wait

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
3 South
Dog Bites Man
mXc

Jubs fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 17, 2015

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Almost Human, was a pretty neat scifi crime procedural.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Titus

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Happy Endings

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

lol goddamn this is the worst so far

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
any answer other than deadwood is loving stupid

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Happy Endings
The Good Guys
Better Off Ted
Rome
Happy Endings

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The Good Guys
Better Off Ted
Rome
Happy Endings

poo poo I have been waiting for a second season of "The Good Guys" for how many years now? Guess I can take that off the queue.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Have I mentioned Happy Endings yet? Because it's Happy Endings

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TwoFire posted:

poo poo I have been waiting for a second season of "The Good Guys" for how many years now? Guess I can take that off the queue.

Sorry dude :(

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Well, it was bound to happen. Bradley Whitford was in an Apatow show or two. That is akin to the Macbeth kiss of death for TV stars. (See also: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip)

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

I read somewhere that when the DVD came out, REM caught wind that they were having problems getting permission to use "Stand" and they were such huge fans of the show they demanded it be permitted and I think for free (or near free).

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Better Off Ted

I'm usually ok with shows dying early even if I really like them because nothing is permanent, everything degrades and some other Buddhist bullshit.

But I really wish Better Off Ted would get resurrected.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

hustle

probably the best show ever
there's like only so many cons though, to the point where they already had a few double-ups and it had a perfect finale too so i'm not like, super salty but i just want to turn on the tv sometimes and watch some fun time grift times

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
-Empty Nest
-The Torkelsons

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Nowhere Man
Night Flight

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Dead Like Me
the shittastic "we tried a finale here" movie so does not count

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Howard Beale posted:

Dead Like Me
the shittastic "we tried a finale here" movie so does not count

that movie was so bad it made me hate that show in retrospect

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Harvey Birdman was pretty much always fantastic and the best possible use of Cartoon Network getting their hands on the like million lovely old Hanna-Barbera properties

I really miss MST3K- the cheap old set, props, and characters had this goofy charm that just can't be replicated exactly by the Rifftrax stuff

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Better Off Ted. Dumb name, great show.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Deadwood was an awesome show but if you asked some schmuck out there to sit through a full episode they would rather claw their eyes out, probably\

i want a movie to wrap things up

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lancelot link

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I liked Journeyman. I may have to watch it again. Only one season but it was a good show. It reminds me of another show that was good but only got one season . . . I think it was Mork and Mindy maybe?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
NewsRadio

although I admit it was probably for the best after Phil Hartman was murdered

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Have I mentioned Happy Endings yet? Because it's Happy Endings

:agreed:

Also Better off Ted and Party Down. Also Bunk, which was so loving funny.

King of Queens actually had a super weird loss.jpg storyline at one point towards the end so that show can gently caress itself.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

NewsRadio

although I admit it was probably for the best after Phil Hartman was murdered

No, there was another whole loving season afterwards. Lovitz and Patrick Warburton, Jimmy James as D.B. Cooper. Yeah. Season 5 soured the punch.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TwoFire posted:

No, there was another whole loving season afterwards. Lovitz and Patrick Warburton, Jimmy James as D.B. Cooper. Yeah. Season 5 soured the punch.

Yeah, I meant when it was cancelled after Season 5. I actually liked Season 5, and Jon Lovitz did a heroic job of filling in for Phil, but it just wasn't going to be the same show.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yeah, I meant when it was cancelled after Season 5.

Oh. Well, the very last episode of season 5 had me asking "Wait.. thats it?"

If you don't own the whole set on DVD, get it just to listen to Rogan torment Dick mercilessly while everyone else chuckles (for at least 3 episodes).

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
guys, guys. Carnivale was really weird and fun. And it ended at the worst possible time. So let's all focus the power in our jerkin' crystals and superior intellects and important business connections towards getting one more season of a show HBO bailed on more than a decade ago. This is a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Peebla posted:

guys, guys. Carnivale was really weird and fun. And it ended at the worst possible time. So let's all focus the power in our jerkin' crystals and superior intellects and important business connections towards getting one more season of a show HBO bailed on more than a decade ago. This is a big deal.

Bezos is making Top Gear ][+, so... call me when thats over.

• Locked thread