Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

i guarantee they do the only smart approach:

defend trans movement by picking on the really overrated creepy unofficial leader of the movement, without insulting ones rights to be whatever gender they feel they are

expect the following:
-mention of murdering a woman with her car
-showing or simulating the showing of some balls
-creepy awful nature of caitlyn in general being shown

If this episode doesn't have a B-plot about telling Tumblr to shut the gently caress up, it's a bad episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
South Park was never good

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

If this episode doesn't have a B-plot about telling Tumblr to shut the gently caress up, it's a bad episode.

actually it should have a scene where weirdly off guys surround a dumpy looking lady and scream about how obnoxious feminists are imo

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

south park is loving stupid and if you cant lower your standards to it then you arent going to enjoy it so go watch something else

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
People who don't like South Park in general seem to be either raging assholes or people with huge sticks up their asses, or both. A South Park hater will scrunch their nose up like someone just poo poo their pants at the mere mention of the show, and will talk in dead-serious earnestness about how awful or unfunny or offensive it is. They can be a completely nice, normal person otherwise but will immediately act like a snooty douche if you mention South Park.

People who like South Park just like laughing at stuff they find funny :shrug:

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

south park haters are those deadbeat parents in sanfransisco who fart into wine glasses

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Transsexuals: The truth is somewhere in the middle

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
what sacred cows will they lampoon next?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Blazing Ownager posted:

Their last episode on this was a Rorschach test. Literally anyone who looked at it saw what they wanted to see it seemed like. I've never seen something both herald and condemned so randomly before.

I believe, uniroically, that when faced with these two extremes, that the moderate position is the only reasonable response. In the context of the big picture, I think anyone bearing true wisdom will simply not watch this particular trainwreck, since the victims of this disaster are clearly beyond help.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
get this: south park is not even a good show- loving owned *hops away to do cool things like smoke cigarettes and not watch tv*

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I don't even OWN a TV *hits post and then tabs back into Netflix to continue watching Dr. Who*

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

People who don't like South Park in general seem to be either raging assholes or people with huge sticks up their asses, or both. A South Park hater will scrunch their nose up like someone just poo poo their pants at the mere mention of the show, and will talk in dead-serious earnestness about how awful or unfunny or offensive it is. They can be a completely nice, normal person otherwise but will immediately act like a snooty douche if you mention South Park.

It's not that I hate South Park, it's just that it's garbage not worth my 24 minutes, and I do nothing but lay in bed and play with my balls on the regular.

If you enjoy it, I think that's great

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

ArtIsResistance posted:

ahem, *clears throat*

tranny

WHO HATH DISTURBED MY SLUMBER?! *SNAAAAAAARL*

POWERBALL posted:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/09/15/caitlyn-jenner-to-face-the-wrath-of-south-park/

I don't understand how you can lampoon this without being super offensive, frankly, especially on a show that has a history of treating trans issues terribly. How can a cartoon "take on" the issue of being transgender??

After the whole Mrs. Garrison fiasco, they redeemed themselves with the AMAZING episode The Cissy, and now they are going to pull this poo poo?

Yeah, like a trans person has never been "roasted" on television before.

I am convinced Matt and Trey didn't even write the episode The Cissy now :(

zimboe posted:

This whole sex-change business is simply TREATING MENTAL ILLNESS WITH loving SURGERY

Sounds pretty good to me. It's like a computer with bad a bad hardware and software combo, instead of changing the software in the human, you change the hardware.

Oh and after 16 long years of this poo poo, YOU'RE tax dollars going to pay for my sex change operation! Thanks girl! Yeeeeeeeesss zimboes moooooney! Rub it allll over my neo vagina mmmmm yeah feels so goooooooood!

zimboe posted:

E: So I'm a bastard. Sue me.

Dude, you don't need to be sued, you need to be saved! I fear for your life! Fear for your life that your miserable bigoted attitude will get you jumped, rear end kicked and murdered by a group of big, burly trannys! I care about you man. I care about you. You are so brave but your bravery is going to get you killed! :(

Oh and:

numberoneposter posted:

we should all be trannis

hormones for everyone

MageMage fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 17, 2015

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Looks more like people who still care about this old kids-swearing show are really defensive about it.

Yeah man South Park haters are all evil + stupid and also really commited to destroying the Good Thing, just like the clearly-wrong-group from your favorite episode.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

not even gonna point out the irony of you calling me defensive

oh wait yeah I will it's pretty funny

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
lol whenever anyone, regardless of them being a fan or not, thinks south park has been at all relevant since like 2003

Uh oh trey and matt are taking on another sacred cow, never know what these guys will say or do next

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
south park has had stuff about trans people for years.. this is like just rehashing the same old poo poo

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

MageMage posted:

Sounds pretty good to me. It's like a computer with bad a bad hardware and software combo, instead of changing the software in the human, you change the hardware.

Sounds like an Apple user's wet dream

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dad gay. so what posted:

you are a loving moron, OP

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

symbolic posted:

south park used to be good

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

didnt they like just do this episode a little while ago when cartman said he was trans so he could get his own bathroom?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Izumi Konata posted:

Sounds like an Apple user's wet dream

Wow, thanks! That's the nicest thing anyone ever said about me! :)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MageMage posted:

After the whole Mrs. Garrison fiasco, they redeemed themselves with the AMAZING episode The Cissy, and now they are going to pull this poo poo?

I have literally heard people saying everything about that one, including that it was some kind of hate-mongering episode to that it was wildly enlightened. It seems like whatever your expectations were going into it, they will somehow be reinforced coming out of it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Saying South Park is bad is like saying The Beatles are bad. It makes you look like a total moron to people who know better.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Waltzing Along posted:

Saying South Park is bad is like saying The Beatles are bad. It makes you look like a total moron to people who know better.

They're just 50 years past their use by date is all (1965 was when the beatles had their last live concert, fwiw).

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They did this years ago when they compared transexuals to someone wanting to become a Dolphin.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Guys the episode probably doesn't even focus on the trans thing, probably more about how people call it 'heroic' when it's actually a silly thing you loving retard morons

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have literally heard people saying everything about that one, including that it was some kind of hate-mongering episode to that it was wildly enlightened. It seems like whatever your expectations were going into it, they will somehow be reinforced coming out of it.

I think it was when Eric Cartman hit the nail on the head and all the bigots who think they are adequately educated enough suddenly got educated so they could strengthen their bigotry. This is an assumption.

I saw an amazing representation in that episode! Of course how educated Cartman was was beautiful, but the confusion Stan faced, the speech Sharon said, the news reporter deleting his unessessary article, the song at the end where they took down the "transgender" bathroom sign. It was so beautiful, and maybe it's a matter of interpretation, because I know when someone is loving with a transsexual (Caitlyn doesn't, I'm lookin at you, you idiot, reward for bravery and you took it? You loving moran), and when someone is actually giving us a voice and recognition. This episode was one of those voices, and if anyone interprets it as a bigoted episode, they clearly didn't watch it or don't really empathize with the trans experience and just want a reason to be angry.

The Dolphin episode was one such episode.

And if you never watched "The Cissy" or south park and don't want to but want to see what I am talking about, it's worth it just for this part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSDiaZJzEM

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oh that's right they are huge climate change deniers lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Literally just watched the cissy and it's a solid episode, would recommend. Manages to make fun of tumblrinas while also being surprisingly openminded and empathetic about legitimate trans stuff.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
I ain't no plumber, but I know what you get when you erect a franchise at the bottom of a slippery slope. I think the James Cameron bit was the point where the series became sentient and jumped the shark. qtiyd

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Dude, it's loving South Park so no poo poo they are going to be offensive as gently caress and I'm glad the kids gloves are off.

Edit: Who the gently caress watches South Park for serious, in-depth political and social commentary as well? It's all juvenile as gently caress (watch poo poo from 10 years ago, it's like bad high school debates) when they try to say something so watch it when they go for stupid and absurd comedy.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Justin Godscock posted:

Dude, it's loving South Park so no poo poo they are going to be offensive as gently caress and I'm glad the kids gloves are off.

Edit: Who the gently caress watches South Park for serious, in-depth political and social commentary as well? It's all juvenile as gently caress (watch poo poo from 10 years ago, it's like bad high school debates) when they try to say something so watch it when they go for stupid and absurd comedy.

Ppl base their entire beliefs and lives on South Park quotes

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

As well they should, South Park is a very insightful show that really gets to the heart of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOA6p8R_kE

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Blazing Ownager posted:

hopefully without naming them though, please dont make them feel famous because they were directly addressed and made fun of on tv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i want to be a transformer olympian

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Justin Godscock posted:

IT DEFINES "ACCEPTABLE" CONTEMPORARY MISCONCEPTIONS THROUGH THE VEIL OF MERE IRONY, J.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I had a friend that said the term "South Park Republican" I wanted to slap him across the face so hard.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Runaktla posted:

I had a friend that said the term "South Park Republican" I wanted to slap him across the face so hard.

He meant "log cabin", fwiw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Super Ninja Fish posted:

By having Mr Garrison go "Well then I'm not really a woman. I'm just a guy with a mutilated penis!"

You know, the way the issue should be treated.

but how is that not the verifiable truth?

• Locked thread