Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/09/15/caitlyn-jenner-to-face-the-wrath-of-south-park/

quote:

Trans former Olympian Caitlyn Jenner is going to feature on South Park.
The star will receive the cartoon’s treatment in the upcoming season 19 premiere on Comedy Central.
South Park will take on the issue of being transgender in general, as well as specifically Jenner’s story.
“The boys express respect for Caitlyn Jenner,” a Comedy Central press release teases, according to Entertainment Weekly.
The episode will be titled ‘Stunning and Brave’, the characters will face up to their history of acting in a less-than politically correct manner.
“There is a new principal at the helm of South Park Elementary. He forces the boys to confront the damage they’ve done through their history of racism and unconscious bias,” the episodes description reads.
“It is the most stunning and brave South Park ever.”
The series has already touched on trans issues, as Mr Garrison has undergone gender reassignment surgery more than once.

I don't understand how you can lampoon this without being super offensive, frankly, especially on a show that has a history of treating trans issues terribly. How can a cartoon "take on" the issue of being transgender??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you are a loving moron, OP

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Idk HTH

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

south park used to be good

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Isn't Trey Parker a transexual himself?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

symbolic posted:

south park used to be good

south park was never good

texaholic posted:

Isn't Trey Parker a transexual himself?

SHE LEFT ME

FOR AN ACAPELLA SINGER

WHO WORKS AT DENNYS

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
She's so BRAVE! I wonder how the grandchildren of that old lady he murdered feel about this whole thing.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

you are a loving moron, OP

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
haha im excite

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

quote:

Trans former Olympian Caitlyn Jenner

They just wanted to type Trans Former

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
didnt they like just do this episode a little while ago when cartman said he was trans so he could get his own bathroom?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TwoFire posted:

south park was never good
the episodes i watched were

meanbearpig episode, WoW episode, no internet episode, etc.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

POWERBALL posted:

I don't understand how you can lampoon this without being super offensive, frankly, especially on a show that has a history of treating trans issues terribly. How can a cartoon "take on" the issue of being transgender??

Oh look, another millenial crybaby bitch.

Can't wait to laugh my rear end off. Weirdos want equality? Fine, you get made fun of just like everyone else, no kid gloves, special treatment, or walking on egg shells for you.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A Olympian who chop they own dick off

a shameful Olympian

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

symbolic posted:

the episodes i watched were

meanbearpig episode, WoW episode, no internet episode, etc.

I watched the first season. Nothing like opening with alien butt invasions, satellites, and flaming farts.. but enough about Firefly.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't thinks she would make a very good roast, no meat on her bones, hardly any fat. Probably just end up dry and tough.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cartoons are poo poo!!!!

i only watch CRIME DRAMAS.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
They did this years ago when they compared transexuals to someone wanting to become a Dolphin.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They did this years ago when they compared transexuals to someone wanting to become a Dolphin.

Simpsons did it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
knowing south park im pretty sure this episode will be lampooning people like this

Boosted_C5 posted:

Can't wait to laugh my rear end off. Weirdos want equality? Fine, you get made fun of just like everyone else, no kid gloves, special treatment, or walking on egg shells for you.

more than making fun of actual trans people but who knows I guess. They'll probably make fun of some tumblr ballerinas too but lol if you think this is just gonna be 22 mins of making fun of trans ppl.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Mad Monk posted:

She's so BRAVE! I wonder how the grandchildren of that old lady he murdered feel about this whole thing.

you mean the old lady she brutally murdered

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I thought they already did trans issues when they had Mr Garrison get a sex change and seduce Richard Dawkins, then later on they discovered they were a lesbian and re-enacted 300?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
haha mister hat
hahaha mister twig

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I thought they already did trans issues when they had Mr Garrison get a sex change and seduce Richard Dawkins, then later on they discovered they were a lesbian and re-enacted 300?

nah that was just Mr Garrison being Mr Garrison + a 300 parody + making fun of Richard Dawkins

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mr. Garrison transitioned years ago, where is his courage award?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Boosted_C5 posted:

millennial here, op is just a sensitive baby. every generation has those. can't wait for cartman to bash on jenner.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

how can they take her down a peg when hes already done that to herself

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

we should all be trannis

hormones for everyone

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

POWERBALL posted:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/09/15/caitlyn-jenner-to-face-the-wrath-of-south-park/

By having Mr Garrison go "Well then I'm not really a woman. I'm just a guy with a mutilated penis!"

You know, the way the issue should be treated.

quote:

Doctor: Mrs. Garrison, you can't have an abortion.
Mrs. Garrison: Don't you tell me what I can and can't do with my body! [gets up, goes to the nurse, and hugs her] A woman has a right to choose!
Doctor: No, I mean you're physically unable to have an abortion, because you can't get pergnant.
Mrs. Garrison: But I missed my period.
Doctor: You can't have periods either. [Mrs. Garrison looks surprised] You had a sex change, Mr. Garrison, but you don't have ovaries or a womb. You don't produce eggs.
Mrs. Garrison: [sits down] You mean, I'll never know what it feels like to have a baby growing inside me and then scramble its brains and vacuum it out?
Doctor: That's right.
Mrs. Garrison: But I paid five thousand dollars to be a woman. This would mean I I'm not really a woman. Ih, I'm just a... a I'm just a guy with a mutilated penis!
Doctor: Basically, yes.
Mrs. Garrison: ...Oh boy, do I feel like a jackass.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Super Ninja Fish posted:

By having Mr Garrison go "Well then I'm not really a woman. I'm just a guy with a mutilated penis!"

You know, the way the issue should be treated.

Yeah if anything this new episode will be a kinda sorta apology for all that just judging from how the Lord stuff was handled. idk I guess.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
it's okay for comedy to be offensive

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Adventure Pigeon posted:

it's okay for comedy to be offensive

much like your posting??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
reality is offensive and should be banned imo

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
Can't wait to see Matt and treys twisted take on this

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the upcoming episode descriptions for south park plots are like always only the tip of the iceberg

you read the description and think ok but then u watch the episode and the whole plot goes completely off the rails and ends up not even close to what the description was

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah if anything this new episode will be a kinda sorta apology for all that just judging from how the Lord stuff was handled. idk I guess.

Oh god, I hope not. I like to think that episode was just a big setup to the transgender woman raping Nathan joke on the following week's episode.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Who is Caitlyn Jenner and why should I give a gently caress?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Knowing Trey, there will be some flashback where Caitlyn will be remembering some butch lesbian throwing the discus and wanting to be that woman or some dumb poo poo.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

if you watch tonight's all-new south park very carefully, you might just notice a surprise cameo by me, jerry mumphrey ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
south park sucks and is for juvenile children, you plebes and your unsophisticated gauche sense of humor must appreciate the lack of subtlety

*sniffs haughtily and sips code red from a stemless goblet*

• Locked thread