Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Thank you for the Wizard's Soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yay, Wizard's Soul! I'm excited you picked it up but don't get burnt out or anything :ohdear:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

The Devil Tesla posted:

Someone come up with the name for the goon translation group.
studio adtrw

brrt

etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

z0glin winchief

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

Oh yay, Wizard's Soul! I'm excited you picked it up but don't get burnt out or anything :ohdear:

Give me all the comics, then burn out. Unless Wizard's Soul is ongoing, then you have to wait until after that.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Someday, everyone will recognize Manaka's talents.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Either you don't have to register your decklist at this tournament and can effectively pre-sideboard, or that guy has a really broad toolbox and a lot of search.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

z0glin winchief

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Paracelsus posted:

Either you don't have to register your decklist at this tournament and can effectively pre-sideboard, or that guy has a really broad toolbox and a lot of search.
Considering how they were describing his list, I'm guessing it's this, and so having her decklist was super helpful.

It's kind of funny that this comes up though because this has become a big thing (at least in Magic Pro Tour Tournaments). Pro players tend to operate in teams, and their teammates who either didn't qualify or finished their matches early go around and takes notes of the cards in other players decklists and generally submit it to a google doc for their team. Because of this, at least at the PT level, it's generally assumed that people know your decklist by round 2.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Welp, I got a thread stickied, I think that's the sign for me to disappear from the internet forever.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

nah i'm joshin'

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Welp, I got a thread stickied, I think that's the sign for me to disappear from the internet forever.

No, don't go! We love you!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:worship: :worship: :worship:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

I'm gonna marry her

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

:hellyeah;

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Ugh, so goooooooood.

this made my friday.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Also, thanks everybody for the comments! They definitely help with the motivation.

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

long time no bae

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also Laphroaig is hella strong scotch that also got bought up by the american branch of Suntory, so it's Scottish alcohol owned by americans owned by the Japanese, which is kinda funny.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

for great z0g

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i want to be Micchan's karepippi

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

long time no bae

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Also Laphroaig is hella strong scotch that also got bought up by the american branch of Suntory, so it's Scottish alcohol owned by americans owned by the Japanese, which is kinda funny.

It's not that strong (Cooper's Choice is 45% IIRC, normal Laphroaig is 37.5%) but it's really nice Islay whisky. You're probably thinking of cask strength Laphroaig, which ends up around 60% ABV.

e; is there anywhere I can read Wizard's Soul chapters 1-5?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 18, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

120 proof is some strong poo poo

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

maybe if your some kind of a p*ssy. not for me tho im a hard drinking, anime watching sonovabitch

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Only cask strength Laphroaig is 120 proof, the regular stuff is the same ABV/proof as pretty much every other spirit out there.

e; vv yeah, the cask strength stuff will gently caress you up, it's just that what Micchan gets is just "regular" whisky.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 18, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Only cask strength Laphroaig is 120 proof, the regular stuff is the same ABV/proof as pretty much every other spirit out there.

Yeah I understand, it's just that, phew! Wow! That's strong stuff!!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Lemon Curdistan posted:

e; is there anywhere I can read Wizard's Soul chapters 1-5?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love-r15381

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks, K. Flaps.

e; Wizard's Soul is really good. Thanks, zoglin.

e2; I've run out of Wizard's Soul to read and now I'm really mad! Thanks, zoglin.

Also, Blue players are the loving worst.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 18, 2015

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Those first few chapters of Wizard's Soul made me kind of depressed!

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Oh man, someone picking up Wizard's Soul? zoglin you are a hero. :allears:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
am I going to be able to appreciate Wizard's Soul if I know nothing about...well, any card game, but MTG in particular

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

am I going to be able to appreciate Wizard's Soul if I know nothing about...well, any card game, but MTG in particular

People who play control decks are dicks. That's all you really need to know. Everything else is either adequately explained or wholly irrelevant.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyra_Solune posted:

Shouldn't be a problem. I don't know anything about card games and it's easy enough to follow because it doesn't spend a lot of time on the details of game mechanics or expect the reader to know how things work. I was concerned about that going into it myself and got hooked after a couple chapters but I will admit that I skimmed a little in some of the early card game parts.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
okay yeah I read all of it up to now

oh my god this is so good

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

okay yeah I read all of it up to now

oh my god this is so good

If you like wizard's soul I recommend you check out the author's previous work, Bonnouji. It's a very well written and incredibly sweet romance.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

You should read Bonnouji regardless

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

zoglin is this you or did someone steal your translation

http://bato.to/read/_/344647/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love_v2_ch6_by_no-group/3

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Wow I just came here to post that, you fast. Yeah, I know that person we cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scanlator wars...

• Locked thread