Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Ralp posted:

That is not the best one but it's very good and probably has the happiest ending of any Twilight Zone.

The happiest ending is the one where two kids go to live in a magical land to escape their parents' divorce.

The portal to this paradise is in the bottom of their pool but they totally didn't drown themselves, seriously guys they're fine. I assume some network censors were involved with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I Sing the Body Electric is definitely one of the weirder episodes because there is no dark twist. Everything has creepy undertones, like there's going to be some dark reveal, but it ends on a totally happy note. Also the moral seems to be forget about your dead mother, I'm invincible and better than she ever was.

Huh, I didn't even know there was a Twilight Zone version of that story. I saw the Electric Grandmother version on Nickelodeon at some point though and... yeah, same deal. I assume that's the point; a "happy" ending is much more disturbing here.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What was the name of the episode where a bunch of robbers go into cryogenic sleep, then wake up in the future and fight over a bunch of gold they stole and stached away?

Twist:
they all die and a person from the future finds the gold and tosses it away cause it's valueless

The Rip Van Winkle Caper, an early warning to libertarians.

Oh, and I found the pool episode I mentioned earlier. Apparently there was a lot cut out (and replaced by repeating a two minute scene!) but wiki doesn't say why.

The Bewitchin' Pool

"Sport Sharewood"

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 19, 2015

• Locked thread