Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im having a SICK time watching these SICK movies

i havent felt this thrilled in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i watched first blood on netflix a few weeks ago and i agree w/ the op it's good

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

rich crenna highlight of every movie

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Budget Dracula posted:

rich crenna highlight of every movie

rip crenna

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
last one wasn't bad, not bad at all

it was actually the second best rambo movie of all time

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
Never has there been such a good film about how the citizenry must rise against the corrupt law enforcement departments of America and wage a guerilla war of attrition.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HollywoodDialysis posted:

Never has there been such a good film about how the citizenry must rise against the corrupt law enforcement departments of America and wage a guerilla war of attrition.

It's also a good primer on needlepoint and basic wound care.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Any of you boys want to post, now's the time. There isn't one of us that doesn't want to be someplace else. But this is what we do, who we are. Live for nothing, or post for :10bux:. Your call.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
"whne i came home it was like there was a whole other war, a war against soldiers"

-a thing the right actually believes

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Rambo was just looking for a place to eat and he couldn't get a job parking cars.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Outpost22 posted:

"whne i came home it was like there was a whole other war, a war against soldiers"

Alternately:

"Rambo was not an example of a man warped into a lunatic by the MiC, but a tragic hero worthy of emulation."

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
when people ask me whats wrong i just say 'they drew first blood... not me...' and stare off into the distance, unfocused on anything in particular, unaware that they're still present even

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
in the original cut of first blood, rambo kills himself with the military man's gun at the end

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOGv8B_CU2c

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

First Blood is an amazing movie

Should have just left him alone, Brian Dennehy

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Outpost22 posted:

Well I mean, every war is technically one against soldiers

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The new one was pretty good too.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Excuse me, but the first film is titled First Blood, and the second is Rambo: First Blood Part II.

Kao_Pai
Mar 25, 2003
Just realized that David Caruso screaming after getting stabbed in the rear end by Rambo in First Blood was where the best of the bad guy death samples in Sega's Golden Axe came from. What with the internet, someone tracked down all the sample sources years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ6C69ZvW-w

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
does anyone else find rambo 2 to be a crushingly boring excuse for an action movie

like first blood is a legit good movie and stallone's screen presence is amazing
rambo 3 and 4 get to be all out ridiculous and absurd

2 just feels flat, like commando and death wish 3 sucked all the life out of rambo that year

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

rambo.... don't... forget.. me

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

pretty soft girl posted:

does anyone else find rambo 2 to be a crushingly boring excuse for an action movie

like first blood is a legit good movie and stallone's screen presence is amazing
rambo 3 and 4 get to be all out ridiculous and absurd

2 just feels flat, like commando and death wish 3 sucked all the life out of rambo that year

Well at least the acting was top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2TC_IOftYk

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I too eat things that'll make a Billy goat puke.

It's your mom op.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Pneub posted:

Well at least the acting was top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2TC_IOftYk

he should have made the expendables movie about a party where none of them show up

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Victis posted:

First Blood is an amazing movie

Should have just left him alone, Brian Dennehy

First Blood is a good thing and Brian Dennehy is easily the best thing in it.

Shame he's a fake vet and all that....:911:

Book's good too.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

My favorite part of first blood is how gay I am for Stallone. He's too buff or old in th e other movies but Damon that is one fine Italian stallion I'm first blood

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ethanol posted:

rambo.... don't... forget.. me

Rahmbo you not expendible

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
my head canon has the police force so impressed with rambo's american style brutality in first blood that he receives the codename marion cobretti and works off his debt to society in the zombie squad before returning to military service in rambo 3

much better sequence of events imo, the only good thing about rambo 2 is that it inspired strike commando

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the funny thing about rambo 2 is despite how terrible it was it was the one that made everybody recognize rambo as a murder machine even though he only accidentally and very unwillingly kills one dude in first blood

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I just recently saw the Rocky movies, and I'm starting on Rambo. I had no idea they started as serious movies with actual characters and plot. Rocky ended that way too.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

the funny thing about rambo 2 is despite how terrible it was it was the one that made everybody recognize rambo as a murder machine even though he only accidentally and very unwillingly kills one dude in first blood

that was self defense since Teasle told Galt to stop firing.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I just recently saw the Rocky movies, and I'm starting on Rambo. I had no idea they started as serious movies with actual characters and plot. Rocky ended that way too.

Rocky and Rocky Balboa have the best story. Rocky IV is the most entertaining to watch

First Blood and Rambo have the best story, 2 and 3 are the most fun to watch

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Allahu Ackbar

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ethanol posted:

Yeah I watched them out of order like a lot of people, and when I finally saw First Blood when I was 17 or something I remember being blown away by how there's just the one death in it.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hell Yeah posted:

i watched first blood on netflix a few weeks ago and i agree w/ the op it's good

first blood fuckin owns

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

AMC had a Rambo marathon on the day after Thanksgiving last year. I casually mentioned it to my dad while we were eating our turkey and poo poo, and my grandma got all excited.

Turns out my 91 year old granny is a big fan of Rambo and Rocky.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Cthulu Carl posted:

Turns out my 91 year old granny is a big fan of Rambo and Rocky.

The mid-70s is probably the last time she got wet without it being all urine man

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Once I watched First Blood with a buddy all drunk and I was pissing against a cactus and I lolled and said "don't push me" but Billy pushed me anyway and my johnson got ripped apart by the cactus and we ended up sewing it back together just like Rambo fun times

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Once I watched First Blood with a buddy all drunk and I was pissing against a cactus and I lolled and said "don't push me" but Billy pushed me anyway and my johnson got ripped apart by the cactus and we ended up sewing it back together just like Rambo fun times

he drew first blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TwoFire posted:

The mid-70s is probably the last time she got wet without it being all urine man

:holymoley:

Show some Gram-Gram respect dude, she's not into Rambo for a Stallone-crush, she's into it for the violence.

• Locked thread