Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
getfuct
Jun 20, 2006

What kinda fucked up tour is this?
My wife and I are looking into replacing her 2013 Kia Optima SXL with something a little bit bigger. We have a toddler now, and may be adding another drooling poo poo machine to the family sooner or later. After spending weeks of whittling down our options, we've come to one conclusion:

we both really love and want a Dodge Durango R/T

We cross shopped it with an Explorer Sport, Kia Sorento SXL 3.3l, and an Acura MDX(which ended up being the runner up to the durango)

We found an example locally that 100% fits the bill. Being that this is for my wife she wants a very specific set of specifications for a replacement vehicle... Roomy(3 row), Sporty, the ability to add rear entertainment, black or dark grey. The local example is a 2015 local trade that was only in service for about a month and has a little over 5k miles. It's "dodge certified preowned" which tacks on an additional 3 month/3,000 mile warranty as well as bumping the powertrain warranty to 7 year/100k.

This will also be the most expensive vehicle we've ever bought as a family. Our payments should be right between $625-$650, depending on APR, but this is only $25-$50/month more than what i pay for the kia(We pay additional every month to help bring down the principal)

All i'm asking for is a sanity check. is this a bad idea? are we making a financial gently caress up? or is the dodge a great vehicle in it's segment and we're going to have a ton of fun on roadtrips hauling rear end around the state/country...

edit:
a few notes:

yes, we are upside down on the kia by a few thousand which doesn't give me too much indigestion right now...
pricing on the Durango is $38,400. it's optioned with sunroof, 2nd row captains chairs, 2nd row center console, 8.4AN nav system

getfuct fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread