Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
Like Ryan Griffin Grigson would want a coach who would tell him to eat poo poo on a regular basis.

e: drat autocorrect

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

NC-17 posted:

Like Ryan Griffin would want a coach who would tell him to eat poo poo on a regular basis.

I assume you meant Grigson?

I am pleased with the Colts dysfunction, anything which cracks the door open a bit wider for the Steelers for one last longshot run is great. Already a steep hill to climb with the Pats, Bengals, and one/some/all of the AFCW contenders looking potent.

Plus Jacksonville - Division Leader is a great thing to see again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We have this...mike shula

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Maybe that Pagano hot seat thing was real after all.

Well he's publicly throwing Luck under the bus. He, uh, he's not going to win that battle.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kalensc posted:

I assume you meant Grigson?

I am pleased with the Colts dysfunction, anything which cracks the door open a bit wider for the Steelers for one last longshot run is great. Already a steep hill to climb with the Pats, Bengals, and one/some/all of the AFCW contenders looking potent.

Plus Jacksonville - Division Leader is a great thing to see again.
Eh, the Jaguars are tied with the Titans (who?!?) and are going to lose to the Patriots next week.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright you nerds I have a new ranking to argue over this week.

Moved Jason Garrett to "zero danger" since nobody will blame him if/when the Cowboys sink with no Romo or Dez. McCarthy is in 100% safety after a convincing win over Seattle. Andy Reid and Chip Kelly ... gently caress, we'll get to them.

ZERO DANGER

Bill Belichick, New England Patriots
John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens
Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers
Mike McCoy, San Diego Chargers
Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys
Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers
Mike Zimmer, Minnesota Vikings
Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks
Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals

FIRST-YEAR GRACE PERIOD

Rex Ryan, Buffalo Bills
Todd Bowles, New York Jets
Gary Kubiak, Denver Broncos
Jack Del Rio, Oakland Raiders
John Fox, Chicago Bears
Dan Quinn, Atlanta Falcons
Jim Tomsula, San Francisco 49ers

MILD

Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals: The 2-0 start is cool and good. Still want to see that playoff win before I put him in "zero danger."

Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans: Turns out that taking on Belichick's sloppy seconds at QB isn't a sound strategy. Who knew? The Texans' offense is DOA until Arian Foster comes back.

Gus Bradley, Jacksonville Jaguars: Gutted out a win over Miami with Blake Bortles looking more than competent. There's hope for this team yet, so I'll bump Bradley down to the "mild" section for now.

Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs: Chiefs posters convinced me that Reid was safe, and then he goes on to have the most Peak Andy Reid game ever. He will never not get in his own way, so I'm sticking him here and y'all will have to deal.

Jim Caldwell, Detroit Lions: The Lions have had an uninspiring start to the season, but I've seen nothing to indicate that Caldwell is in real danger. OC Joe Lombardi could be the sacrificial lamb, though.

Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints: Payton is a tough one for me to grade. There's no doubt that the Saints are in real trouble right now, and if Brees' shoulder injury is significant their 2015 season could go up in smoke. The question for me is, how much rope does Payton have for dragging the Saints to relevance, and how much rope will he have left when their contention window closes? I'll be monitoring this one closely.

MODERATE

Ken Whisenhunt, Tennessee Titans: If this ends up being a repeat of last season (Titans have big Week 1 win, poo poo the bed the rest of the way) then someone else will be mentoring Mariota soon.

Jay Gruden, Washington: Bumped him down from HOTTTT for now. While his position is as tenuous as Kirk Cousins' competence, Washington pulled off an impressive win and the NFC East looks wide open this year. We'll see how this plays out.

Tom Coughlin, New York Giants: Another week, another baffling game management gaffe that costs them the win. Blowing two double-digit leads in two straight games does absolutely nothing to help Coughlin's cause.

Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers: He's got nothing to work with at WR or OL, but Rivera has made chicken salad out of chicken poo poo in the past. A win over a reeling Texans team doesn't move the needle either way.

Lovie Smith, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Winston looked a lot better in Week 2, but I think that win said a lot more about the Saints than the Bucs. We'll learn more about this team (and its coach) in the next month or so.

Jeff Fisher, St. Louis Rams: Same ol' sorry-rear end Rams. I tried to warn you guys when you kept saying "this time they're for real!"

HOTTTT

Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins: Ehud and Crazy deserve better. If the Fins don't make the playoffs he'll be gone.

Chuck Pagano, Indianapolis Colts: Pagano's fate may have been decided by front-office shenanigans, but if he delivered on the field all that chatter would shut up quick. Instead, it's just gotten louder and with no contract next year, Pagano is as good as gone. Time to start fantasizing about his replacement before Irsay lets you down again, Colts posters.

Chip Kelly, Philadelphia Eagles: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: It's me, I was the fool for hopping on Chip's Wild Ride.

Mike Pettine, Cleveland Browns: It's the Jimmy Haslam Browns. Every coach is on the hot seat until proven otherwise.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
JDR should really be moved to zero danger.

e: eh, misread that, yeah, he's in the correct category

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

warcrimes posted:

JDR should really be moved to zero danger.

e: eh, misread that, yeah, he's in the correct category

Yeah, first-year coaches are always safe unless there's an absolute collapse. Jim Tomsula could get there yet, but I'm playing it safe for now.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Marvin Lewis took over a crap team that hadn't had a winning season in over a decade, has been pretty consistently successful as a coach, is long tenured and doesn't really cost very much. The Cincy fanbase may be out for blood, but that's a move that doesn't make a whole lot of sense for an owner who's never really shown that he's interested in blowing everything up and trying to win now.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Andy Reid's danger is nearly non-existent.

It would take a disaster season that would make even Romeo Crennel say god drat and even than he would still probably get a mulligan.

Clark Hunt spent a lot to get rid of Todd Haley, Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel. He's not going to pay even more money for dudes to ride the couch again this soon.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

LiquidFriend posted:

Andy Reid's danger is nearly non-existent.

It would take a disaster season that would make even Romeo Crennel say god drat and even than he would still probably get a mulligan.

Clark Hunt spent a lot to get rid of Todd Haley, Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel. He's not going to pay even more money for dudes to ride the couch again this soon.

How many coaches are still getting paid by Dan Snyder to do nothing?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just get started packing, Pagano

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Just get started packing, Pagano

Based on his interviews I'm pretty sure he already put his stuff in boxes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wrong thread

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Benne posted:

How many coaches are still getting paid by Dan Snyder to do nothing?
Not every owner is Dan Snyder dumb. Andy Reid is in no danger, barring a disaster year.

Clark Hunt isn't Daniel Snyder.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Just get started packing, Whisenhunt

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Chip lives

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So when does Philbin get fired?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DOOP posted:

So when does Philbin get fired?

God Willing it's already happened.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Who is going to be the big name coach everyone wants to hire this offseason?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Kingsbury from Texas tech.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Bob Pataki

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hopefully there are some actual interesting coordinators coming through the pipeline so we don't get another round of boring retread hires like last year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Josh McDaniels should be a hot commodity in 2016 :laffo:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

sean10mm posted:

He might be OK if you never ever give him GM powers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ray Horton

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Metapod posted:

Ray Horton

Tim Horton

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

I mean, the offense is amazing right now.

The guy is just a loving trainwreck, but hey, you know, better your team then mine when Belichick retires.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

axeil posted:

He might be OK if you never ever give him GM powers.

The Hue Jackson Syndrome

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jota posted:

Chip lives

I have to say I'm really impressed with how the defense is playing. Julio Jones excluded they have locked down the other team's passing game. Give a lot of credit to Bill Davis. If he keeps this up he could be a coaching candidate himself.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Hue Jackson would be an amazing coach if you made sure he had 0 GM powers

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

I have to say I'm really impressed with how the defense is playing. Julio Jones excluded they have locked down the other team's passing game. Give a lot of credit to Bill Davis. If he keeps this up he could be a coaching candidate himself.

I feel the need to concur, having watched more than 1 eagles game this season. That defense is p loving good, and it is absolutely keeping you in games.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

I mean, the offense is amazing right now.

The guy is just a loving trainwreck, but hey, you know, better your team then mine when Belichick retires.

"Retires." You Pats fans are so mean. Bill Belichick will die coaching the Patriots and only then will his true work begin.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Please, someone take Cable and Bevell.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Benne posted:

MILD

Jim Caldwell, Detroit Lions: The Lions have had an uninspiring start to the season, but I've seen nothing to indicate that Caldwell is in real danger. OC Joe Lombardi could be the sacrificial lamb, though.

God willing. Every time a talking head says "He's the grandson of Vince Lombardi!" I just picture some random accountant in Ohio who is also Lombardi's grandson, but doesn't have the name because it's on his mom's side, and that Lombardi son is the one who got all of Vince's football genius but was never given a chance because his last name is Smith or something boring.

Meanwhile Joe gets a seven-figure salary off of his last name alone. Good living if you can get it, I suppose.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

LiquidFriend posted:

Not every owner is Dan Snyder dumb. Andy Reid is in no danger, barring a disaster year.

Clark Hunt isn't Daniel Snyder.

Yes, Dan Snyder has playoff appearances and wins.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

C-Euro posted:

Meanwhile Joe gets a seven-figure salary off of his last name alone. Good living if you can get it, I suppose.

Lombardi was a "defensive assistant" with Atlanta before joining the Saints as an "offensive assistant". He's a jack of all trades!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chris James 2 posted:

Big Bob Pataki

"gently caress my dead gay offense"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
If the Dolphins fired Philbin in the next two weeks or so, would they win more games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

If the Dolphins fired Philbin in the next two weeks or so, would they win more games?

Who would they be promoting?

• Locked thread