Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Time for :iceburn: :iceburn: :iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Will aoe spells like ice barrage hit people outside of your current attackable range? If so it's time for shenanigans.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Oh baby, we got that DDOS.

I love this game.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
Verge reporting in under username Verg. I also have a guy I'd like to vouche in.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
howtoplaydarkscape.jpeg

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Khako posted:

howtoplaydarkscape.jpeg

Are people actually selling poo poo for reasonable costs now? When I played, no one was using the GE. I'd love to buy some decent gear since I have the stats for it.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I'm a bit shaky on the GE, usually I have trouble just talking to an NPC without getting interupted by some random trying to kill me.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Astroniomix posted:

I'm a bit shaky on the GE, usually I have trouble just talking to an NPC without getting interupted by some random trying to kill me.

Nah it ain't so bad. Keep an eye on your hp to make sure you're not being tapped off.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Anyone want to do Shades of Morton? It lets you make Sacred Oil which is super profitable.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

in as cookieoh, anyone got a guilded alter yet?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

SleepingPizza posted:

Anyone want to do Shades of Morton? It lets you make Sacred Oil which is super profitable.

Yeah, I'd be keen! I'm working on Branches of Darkmare mainly, serum 207 seems a good way to get the herblore needed. The farming requirement is driving me mad. How the gently caress do people get tree seeds?

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 4, 2015

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

jiggerypokery posted:

Yeah, I'd be keen! I'm working on Branches of Darkmare mainly, serum 207 seems a good way to get the herblore needed. The farming requirement is driving me mad. How the gently caress do people get tree seeds?

I got a maple seed chopping oak.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I gotta do hero's next, anyone in?

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
LOCKED_CAPS is reddit famous now
https://www.reddit.com/r/RSDarkscape/comments/3nmqsf/funniest_reaction_to_dying_in_darkscape/

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Parody users like this make Runescape.

Also, for bonus Runescape nostalgia, play '90s music.

BlazedLobster
Nov 9, 2013
What's up. I played 07scape a few months back and now I'm jumping on this bandwagon. I'm thinking of going for a ranged character, is that decent against most people running melee, or will I get shat on? Also, what bow do you guys think I should use? I've been running with the basic bow you get, but I assume it's kinda lovely.

EDIT: Sorry for all the questions, but also, what's up with smuggling? I've been seeing people saying they're doing it for money, but I'm not that sure how that works.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Smuggling is just moving stuff between zones. Ranged is good, black salamanders are a very accessible powerful (teir 70) weapon. Don't bother being pure though, defence is really important.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

BlazedLobster posted:

What's up. I played 07scape a few months back and now I'm jumping on this bandwagon. I'm thinking of going for a ranged character, is that decent against most people running melee, or will I get shat on? Also, what bow do you guys think I should use? I've been running with the basic bow you get, but I assume it's kinda lovely.

EDIT: Sorry for all the questions, but also, what's up with smuggling? I've been seeing people saying they're doing it for money, but I'm not that sure how that works.

Farm troll chuckers north of the Burthorpe lodestone for a quickbow. It's slightly better than the training bow with a special attack. If you're on when I am, I'll toss you some free poo poo. I'm about to cash out anyways. Gonna sell this account or the gold on it.

BlazedLobster
Nov 9, 2013

Khako posted:

Farm troll chuckers north of the Burthorpe lodestone for a quickbow. It's slightly better than the training bow with a special attack. If you're on when I am, I'll toss you some free poo poo. I'm about to cash out anyways. Gonna sell this account or the gold on it.

That'd be cool, what's your IGN?´

EDIT: Already got the chargebow, looks good!

BlazedLobster fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 10, 2015

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

This fruity looking bush is going to upset an awful lot of pubbies :getin:

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

BlazedLobster posted:

That'd be cool, what's your IGN?´

EDIT: Already got the chargebow, looks good!

Ive got a few chars but its khako##. Ive got khako61 in the clan. I dont actually play much, its mostly botting.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Khako posted:

Ive got a few chars but its khako##. Ive got khako61 in the clan. I dont actually play much, its mostly botting.

I heard botting is virtually impossible now; please explain.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Verge posted:

I heard botting is virtually impossible now; please explain.

Uhm, you definitely heard wrong.

"Bots
We don't like it, we know it’s a problem.
We have been working closely with the team responsible for banning bots.
We will ramp up the actions against bots.
You will see changes in the coming weeks/near future. "

Countless reddit posts about them too, they're also making defense useless by tying dmg reduction to armour. I'm investing most of my money into armour right now. I've got like 300 sets of various high level armour and then 1000 batwing because they're dirt cheap. I can't see this going badly, if it crashes and burns. Welp :downs:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
They're coming out with a C++ client that looks/performs better, and this opens the possibility to play on tablets and all that sort of stuff.

Looks pretty neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_UPrIYmvsE

Skip to 13:49

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

If anyone manages to get any scared oil (3) I'll buy it all for 2k each

• Locked thread