Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Ha ha jk

But seriously, stfu, no one cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

:firstpost:

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
Harry Potter is easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects—all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
"Turns out Philip Seymore Hoffman OD'ed in Harry Potter's world as well, but it was on earwax-flavored jelly beans instead of smack. Would you like to know more?"

:getout:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Harry held out his wand, and hermoine gasped at the sight of it

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody—just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Roy posted:

Harry held out his wand, and hermoine gasped at the sight of it

elder wand :wth:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

JK Rowling can set her watch to her slow and inevitable slide into irrelevance.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

momerath posted:

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody
i think that's a c/p

but lol maybe she didn't want it to be daddy issues and jews?????

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Simian_Prime posted:

JK Rowling can set her watch to her slow and inevitable slide into irrelevance.

..says someone discussing HP in 2015 on a dead forum.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

momerath posted:

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody—just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

The studios turned down Terry Gilliam. His version would have been both incomprehensible and great.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
should have let adam sandler direct it

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Roy posted:

"Yer a wizard, Harry! Wear these cargo shorts!"

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Simian_Prime posted:

The studios turned down Terry Gilliam. His version would have been both incomprehensible and great.

Extremely hosed up if true.

Would watch that movie.

Twice.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Rowling said that Hagrid didn't have a Patronus on Twitter and a bunch of people started :qq:ing over it

He's a dropout, of course he didn't learn an extremely difficult spell with a limited application

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

Voldemort Did Nothing Wrong

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

"In the Wizarding World, Hogwarts has airdropped emergency supplies of gilly-weed and butterbeer to Syrian refugees!"

:lights fireplace with unsold copies of "The Casual Vacancy":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Roy posted:

...every 5 minutes Hagrid gets hilariously kicked in the balls and at least 1 person gets hit in the head with a flying:

A) golf ball

B) baseball

C) frisbee

D) Snitch

E) butter beer

F) WTF ever

• Locked thread