Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

my high school also used to drug test our hair

got suspended for weed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

peanut posted:

My history teacher was a radical activist who wrote serial killers in prison.

It was and is a good school imo.

m school had a class on the vietnam war and the teacher invited a terrorist from the weather underground into class to speak. It was kind of cool.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Volume posted:

m school had a class on the vietnam war and the teacher invited a terrorist from the weather underground into class to speak. It was kind of cool.
my 10th grade american history/ap history teacher would bring her dad in to talk about 'Nam since he served there. he used to be able to bring in his M16 to show us. for some reason he can't do that anymore.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
One of my teachers was fired because she was selling another teacher's work online.

Luckily I only had her fir a creative writing class and the substitute that replaced her was cool.

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

One time my high school had to close because they put down some lovely smelling fertilizer thus making the whole place smell so pungently of poo poo that students were getting sick.

Pretty lovely I guess.

Colonel Taint fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 17, 2015

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
i didnt really learn poo poo but i had a great time in high school

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It was run like a prison and was designed like a prison.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

One time some guys filled paper cups with water and spread them over the entire floors of the main building (over a weekend). It took days to get rid of again.

It was fine I guess.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

proof of concept posted:

was your school mascot the jetsons?

Are mascot was pretty lame. We were the "Quakers"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The teacher who ran the anime club is now in jail for creeping on a student.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
My high school was locally famous for being old, neglected, and falling apart back when my parents were in high school. It was recently in the local news for still falling apart

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-stranahan-high-no-repairs-20150705-story.html

Pretty much everything they pointed out as broken was broken when I went there (98-2002) except for the big tents thing they were showing as broken. When I went there they didn't even have a tent and that area (directly in front of the cafeteria) was just directly open in the sunlight. Kids would pass out a lot but mostly it encouraged people to ditch that area altogether and smoke weed in the abandoned portables.

Also the pool and track were just as hosed up but we were forced to use 'em back then.

The year before I went there a teacher was shot and killed in the parking lot by an ex, and they've had a LOT of teacher/ student sex scandals.

The only improvements to the buildings they've done since I went there was putting up chain link fences everywhere so you couldn't cut across the grass to get from hall to hall and they put barbed wire on all the external fences.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The teacher who ran the anime club is now in jail for creeping on a student.

My English teacher would always move the girl with big breasts in my class to the front near his desk everytime we switched seat. It was really creepy.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
My social studies teacher dated 3 different girls in my class during one year. It wasn't a very well kept secret at all. These girls were 16 max, he'd dump them if they turned 17.

I was friends with one of the girls and she was trying to explain to me why it was ok and she said something like "he just likes really pure girls, you know? Age messes everything up. Also I'm getting an A and I never do homework."

She was a moron.

I don't know why so many creeps work there except it's Florida.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...-school-teacher

oh hey found the shooting too it was a murder suicide

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/teacher-shot-dead-article-1.803429

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tristesse posted:

My social studies teacher dated 3 different girls in my class during one year. It wasn't a very well kept secret at all. These girls were 16 max, he'd dump them if they turned 17.

I was friends with one of the girls and she was trying to explain to me why it was ok and she said something like "he just likes really pure girls, you know? Age messes everything up. Also I'm getting an A and I never do homework."

She was a moron.

I don't know why so many creeps work there except it's Florida.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...-school-teacher

oh hey found the shooting too it was a murder suicide

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/teacher-shot-dead-article-1.803429

Why didn't he get fired? My high school's photography teacher got fired immediately just for touching someone inappropriately and one of the other teachers got fired after I graduated for making inappropriate sexual comments (dude was a total creepo too though don't think it was just a 'oh you said something bad FIRED' he was giving girls backrubs and poo poo during class).

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
The teacher my friend dated never got fired or arrested, though they did arrest the band teacher years later for the same poo poo. It was an open secret with the students but the staff was either in on the secret or didn't know. Or didn't give a gently caress. They weren't paid much and the school was lovely who wants to deal with that poo poo too?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

I was acquainted with a guy a couple of years ahead of me in high school who was always kind of creepy. After graduation he went to get a degree in music education and he would come back and hang around the high school when he was on break, showed up at high school parties full of nerdy band kids (ie. kids sitting around drinking soda and watching bad movies), etc... Eventually he graduated and got a job teaching at our old high school. Shortly thereafter he got a 16 year old girl pregnant and he drove her to another state to get an abortion so they wouldn't notify her parents. Her parents, being the types to actually care about their children, did eventually find out and the creepy guy was fired, spent time in jail and was barred from teaching for the rest of his life.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
some kid, visibly disabled but not in a conventional way (e.g. downs, tism) rode my bus. we were a diverse american suburban school squarely between a rich jewish neighborhood and poor asian and black one.

one day our school closed due to a bomb threat. turns out the kid was the #4 most subscribed to youtuber in canada 2009, posting mostly videos of himself screaming about wrestling incoherently, or screaming at his mom. he posted the threat video and somebody reported him.

i don't know why he was on a regular bus or maybe he wasn't and i'm just retatd.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

My high school was p cool. I don't remember hearing about any fights or teachers loving students or students bringing guns. I was friends with a security guard and we would cruise around in the golf cart at lunch and bust people behind the bleachers making out or smoking.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
I thought my highschool was lovely when I was a dumb kid. Then I moved to a small town in Colorado and holy gently caress my school was nice. We had, gasp, a swimming pool indoors and actual computers and classes that weren't directly related to ranching and feed-lot production.

Graffiti is really not a big deal compared to scraping the sludge off the bottom of the barrel for staff and the concept of STEM being a joke.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
my highschool got hit by a tornado as school was letting out. something like 25ish kids died. the elementary school buses had pulled up full of kids to get the HS kids on board too. the buses were tossed on top of the school. they took off doors from classrooms to carry bodies. p lovely memory

e: I wasn't attending it yet, but my brother was.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 17, 2015

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
someone should buy me a plane ticket to 3o's condo so i can punch him in the face

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

my highschool got hit by a tornado as school was letting out. something like 25ish kids died. the elementary school buses had pulled up full of kids to get the HS kids on board too. the buses were tossed on top of the school. they took off doors from classrooms to carry bodies. p lovely memory
:stare:

i think you win

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
my school was pretty alright, upper middle class suburban small town

a handful of rednecks because it was a farming community but most of the kids were white and middle to upper-middle class, i think we had like two black kids and a mexican kid

one time someone spray painted "<principal's name> sucks big dick" with a giant penis on the bricks on the side of the school and it owned lmao

another time some kid flipped over on his atv and died and everyone was sad about it but he was kind of a dick so eh

we also would get bussed to a second school which had like job training and poo poo called a career center and my friend lived close to the gas station so he would always bring those huge cans of monster and we'd spend the first half of the day just bouncing off the loving walls and then crash during our actual classes

miraculously i graduated on time

also the cafeteria had really good bacon egg and cheese bagels and i didn't get bullied for being gay so that was neat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

freshman year some junior died when his car ran off the road and hit head-on with a tree

sophomore year some other sophomore died in a house fire along with his mom

i don't think anyone else died since then so that's cool

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

e: I wasn't attending it yet, but my brother was.

my school's food kind of sucked

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sperghetti posted:

Nah, my highschool was pretty white, er I mean nice.

same

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

symbolic posted:

freshman year some junior died when his car ran off the road and hit head-on with a tree

sophomore year some other sophomore died in a house fire along with his mom

i don't think anyone else died since then so that's cool

how big was your school because that seems like a pretty low (good) number. suicides happened too when I went. I knew two personally.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
some girl offed herself after graduation now that i think about it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i went to an art school with like 300 students and it was very cool and open and cosmopolitan. there weren't any cliques or bullying except for the white republican kids, they were outcasts and most ppl were very mean to them

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

how big was your school because that seems like a pretty low (good) number. suicides happened too when I went. I knew two personally.
it was a pretty big school. i think something like 2800 students?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

symbolic posted:

it was a pretty big school. i think something like 2800 students?

wow I thought mine was big at 2400. lovely class size ahoy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

wow I thought mine was big at 2400. lovely class size ahoy.
i think because most of the students were affluent suburban kids, there was no reason to kill yourself or kill someone else. usually most of the fights were between the drop-out kids. i knew one personally that got expelled after he broke a kid's jaw. i think he works at some car shop now and got a 16 year old preggo.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Volume posted:

One of the art teachers at my school used to be in the weather underground. One time he got sick of the administration not listening to him about the pest problem, so he sat out about a bunch of traps. Then he took the half dozen rats he caught overnight and stapled them to the principles door with a note that said "WE HAVE RATS". He eventually had enough of the place, quit and moved to Vegas.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gehenomm posted:

One of our teachers spent and entire class period helpfully explaining to us how AIDS was a disease created by homosexuals to destroy society and the we should report them (the despicable gays, that is). A bunch of parents complained afterwards but the principal backed the teacher.

Also a number of teachers were openly in relationships with some of the students.

Sounds a little southern

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I was taught Driver's Ed in the famous classroom where the teacher wrote "Come Help A (racial slur) Get Elected" on the blackboard, although a decade or two before that happened. 11th grade history classes were noteworthy because the American History honors class was called "The War of Northern Aggression" and if the teacher heard you say the phrase "Civil War" in reference to the American Civil War it was an automatic fail. We also had to get parental permission slips to learn about evolution in 10th grade biology and only me and like two other students got our slips signed so the teacher didn't even bother with that chapter, we just skipped to mitosis or some poo poo.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Network Pesci posted:

I was taught Driver's Ed in the famous classroom where the teacher wrote "Come Help A (racial slur) Get Elected" on the blackboard, although a decade or two before that happened. 11th grade history classes were noteworthy because the American History honors class was called "The War of Northern Aggression" and if the teacher heard you say the phrase "Civil War" in reference to the American Civil War it was an automatic fail. We also had to get parental permission slips to learn about evolution in 10th grade biology and only me and like two other students got our slips signed so the teacher didn't even bother with that chapter, we just skipped to mitosis or some poo poo.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Sounds a little southern

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
We had a state football team, the best marching band and Jazz band.

Also only had 3 non white people.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i told the school newspaper that i was majoring in eugenics when they came around and asked all the seniors about college and stuff

imagine my surprise a few weeks later when the latest issue is hot off the presses and my first period teacher comes up to me before class and asks me what kind of major it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

skander posted:

Our K-8 school was burned down by three of the students, and they got away with it.

That fire was amazing.

My Freshman year Algebra teacher was a hard-core communist and would spend most of the lecture time ranting about coal miners. He claimed he was fired for his political belief (which might be part of it) but, really, he wasn't doing his loving job.

• Locked thread